IMG_9892 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9890 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9891 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9888 (resized).jpeg
592e8d0566c7328973f283eb9c90377d229015a6-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_9345 (resized).JPG
20240220_180156 (resized).jpg
There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 28.
#1051 2 years ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

Interesting! What brand of LEDs are you using? Are you using a LED OCD rely board?
GI flicker is a know a problem with William's multi-level dimming GI relys. There's quite a few threads on this board on it. Personally, I don't notice the flicker much unless I look at the back box while pressing the flipper buttons.
As for the ramp, what incline is your machine set to? I have mine set at floor level (5.5 degrees), so perhaps I need to re-level my machine.

Not sure when I put them in, but they're either the Nifty or Comet standard LED's. Not the non-ghosting ones. I usually buy the frosted WW or CW 100 packs and just call it a day.

Probably pitched at 6.5 or whatever is standard. It isn't super steep or anything like some people do. 5.5 sounds low, i'd crank up the rear legs a bit. That's how their designed to be set up.

#1052 2 years ago

I put standard Comet 2SMD warm white for my GI and have no flickering at all for what it’s worth. Also running regular comet warm white frosted wedges for inserts with no ghosting.

#1053 2 years ago

Fixed the dim GI issue. Cold solder on the GI relay board

#1054 2 years ago

I started a thread before I saw this maybe someone here could help. I’m replacing my display, as it’s starting to flicker, with a led one. I’ve found many for $199 to $352 but idk what the differences are can anyone help me?

#1055 2 years ago
Quoted from Zholter:

I’m replacing my display, as it’s starting to flicker, with a led one. I’ve found many for $199 to $352 but idk what the differences are can anyone help me?

What are you looking for? A traditional orange type display? Or do you want one with a certain color?

#1056 2 years ago
Quoted from Zholter:

I started a thread before I saw this maybe someone here could help. I’m replacing my display, as it’s starting to flicker, with a led one. I’ve found many for $199 to $352 but idk what the differences are can anyone help me?

#1058 2 years ago

Yea I’m not really looking for a specific color but I am looking to change to LED. It just makes it easier on the board and most likely will never have to be replaced again. Thank you @leeb18509.

#1059 2 years ago
Quoted from Zholter:

Yea I’m not really looking for a specific color but I am looking to change to LED. It just makes it easier on the board and most likely will never have to be replaced again. Thank you Leeb18509.

I recent bought 2 PinScore displays for my machines and they work great.

#1060 2 years ago

Does anyone on here have or know of anyone having the long plastic that goes down the right side of the machine over the ball lock?

A8A0683B-C744-4253-BA7B-20B6F3B42BC0 (resized).jpegA8A0683B-C744-4253-BA7B-20B6F3B42BC0 (resized).jpeg
#1061 2 years ago
Quoted from Zholter:

Does anyone on here have or know of anyone having the long plastic that goes down the right side of the machine over the ball lock?
[quoted image]

Sorry, no help, but every game I’ve seen has damage to that plastic at the screw holes near the shooter (there isn’t even a photo of an unbroken one in the machine DB here, or on IPDB). It isn’t in the CPR kit, as it’s a cover, not a plastic. I plan to 3D print a sleeve to patch up the screw hole end of mine.

#1062 2 years ago

That piece really suffers from a misaligned shooter rod. My shooter rod is just slightly above center when it hits the ball, and it essentially smacks the ball right into the plastic on every launch.

#1063 2 years ago

Has anyone started sudden death and then started multiball? I didn't think that was possible, the modes seem to be mutually exclusive.

Also anyone ever see on system 11 games where the wire colors would show up on the displays? (Like WPC games). Seems like the text for it exists in the roms.

#1064 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Has anyone started sudden death and then started multiball?

All the time!

#1065 2 years ago

I'll have to see if I can trigger it again, I assume you don't get the jackpot in that mode until sudden death times out?

Maybe it's just the display priority with sudden death being the top priority. I just hadn't done it but did it this morning.

#1066 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

I'll have to see if I can trigger it again, I assume you don't get the jackpot in that mode until sudden death times out?

No, both are awarded with the jackpot being acknowledged music wise and Sudden Death million being acknowledged by sound effect.

2 months later
#1067 2 years ago

Joined the club today!

1BA7E7A1-5839-46E1-9906-E0A439A4BF17 (resized).jpeg1BA7E7A1-5839-46E1-9906-E0A439A4BF17 (resized).jpeg3B7957EE-FC16-4C11-B048-4B5C2530097C (resized).jpeg3B7957EE-FC16-4C11-B048-4B5C2530097C (resized).jpeg7FDC6C1D-C817-4741-BB4B-7A093C05B85E (resized).jpeg7FDC6C1D-C817-4741-BB4B-7A093C05B85E (resized).jpeg
#1068 2 years ago

Saw that one listed, looks like a nicely done machine.

#1069 2 years ago

Upper diverter troubleshooting. I have the updated assembly that has the improved parts, but it recently started getting stuck open most of the time. I think my outer spring may be stretched too much and needs to be replaced. I need to run a coil test to see if that diverter coil is working properly, but someone else on this thread mentioned cleaning the coil. It does seem a bit sticky when moving it manually.
1) How would I clean the coil to smooth out the operation?
2) Where can I get this spring?
https://imgproxy.pinside.com/gtTwwcG93D9XXiWKdYRAGkaz6rEaMyhSWMNbZ5r0UMA/rs:fit:2048:2048/q:70/aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tL2QvYjQvMGUvZGI0MGUwYjNkMTVkYmEyZDE5NjE3YmFmM2M2MDdhYzUwNjM0YWYyNS5qcGc

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1070 2 years ago
Quoted from copyboy311:

1) How would I clean the coil to smooth out the operation?

clean all moving parts. remove the clips and clean it there. Remove the coil and clean the coil sleeve, or better yet, replace it.

have a look at the service bulletin:
https://www.ipdb.org/files/2006/SS64.pdf
https://www.ipdb.org/files/2006/RG_DIVERT_SPRING.pdf

#1071 2 years ago

Agreed. Most issues like this can be fixed by cleaning, which is best done with the assembly completely removed and disassembled. You can leave the wires soldered to the coil and let it dangle. Take lot's of pictures as you go, there is no such thing as too many. If you are replacing the coil then leave the old one soldered in until you have the new one ready to go, then transfer the wires over one at a time, which takes the guess work out of which wire goes to which lug relative to the diode orientation (if present).

Don't lubricate anything! That will only attract dirt and gum it up faster.

CAUTION - cleaning one mech and experiencing how much better it works improves self confidence, which can lead to scope creep and an entire machine deep cleaning!

#1072 2 years ago
Quoted from copyboy311:

Ran into the same exact problem last year and replacing the spring fixed it. I bought this spring from Marcos and it works great.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-320#complimentary

#1073 2 years ago

Thanks all for the diverter advice. I replaced the spring, cleaned the coil and pivot points (and put a couple drops of silicone lube up there), and everything is working great now. Smooth and snappy. Each little job I tackle with the help of people here gives me a little more knowledge of how these games operate, and the confidence to do the work myself.

Fixing problems as they come up and not letting them add up, I think, is key to continued enjoyment of the game.

2 weeks later
#1074 2 years ago

Can I join too? Here is my new machine

RG008 (resized).jpgRG008 (resized).jpgRG018 (resized).jpgRG018 (resized).jpgRG026 (resized).jpgRG026 (resized).jpg

RG031 (resized).jpgRG031 (resized).jpgRG035 (resized).jpgRG035 (resized).jpgRG033 (resized).jpgRG033 (resized).jpgRG015 (resized).jpgRG015 (resized).jpgRG020 (resized).jpgRG020 (resized).jpgRG034 (resized).jpgRG034 (resized).jpg
#1075 2 years ago
Quoted from Prospekteur:

Can I join too? Here is my new machine
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"d567b201a956d8ef5bab9c76a0a8db8ee33c12d6-1637717975-1800"};
//]]>

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What did you do with the magnet? Epoxy fill, or something?

#1076 2 years ago

That one is nice. I really hope Santa finally brings me a Rollergames this year.

#1077 2 years ago

Someone knows where I have to solder the red wire from the middle micro switch of the coindoor. It is soldered to the back last pin of the micro switch (if you watch from the back on the coindoor). The other side of the wire is loose. Can someone help?

IMG_20211127_173600 (resized).jpgIMG_20211127_173600 (resized).jpg
#1078 2 years ago
Quoted from Prospekteur:

Someone knows where I have to solder the red wire from the middle micro switch of the coindoor. It is soldered to the back last pin of the micro switch (if you watch from the back on the coindoor). The other side of the wire is loose. Can someone help?

Is this for a European coin door?

#1079 2 years ago

Shogun00 : Yes it is Its for the old good money from germany, called "Demark" (DM)

RG_DM_Coindoor (resized).jpgRG_DM_Coindoor (resized).jpg
#1080 2 years ago

The knocker in my game was removed and I'd like to replace it. Marco has two Williams knockers. The one specified for Rollergames is unassembled and doesn't include the wiring connector. That's this one:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/B-10686-1

I don't see what the difference is in this assembled one, however, that does include the connector. It lists some compatible Williams machines, but not Rollergames. Will this one work?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/B-10686-2

#1081 2 years ago
Quoted from copyboy311:

The knocker in my game was removed and I'd like to replace it. Marco has two Williams knockers. The one specified for Rollergames is unassembled and doesn't include the wiring connector. That's this one:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/B-10686-1
I don't see what the difference is in this assembled one, however, that does include the connector. It lists some compatible Williams machines, but not Rollergames. Will this one work?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/B-10686-2

The stock coil is: AE-23-800

To the first part you listed, add this cable: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/H-11835

Or, just but this one and save some $: https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-knocker-assembly-for-williamsbally-wpc-wpc-95-pinball-machines.html

Here’s a photo of my stock one in Rollergames:

9803D5C1-BEBD-470B-846E-88BC5C24060F (resized).jpeg9803D5C1-BEBD-470B-846E-88BC5C24060F (resized).jpeg
#1082 2 years ago

Have any indie bands ever covered this theme song?

#1083 2 years ago

Can someone make an shot of the backdoor, where I can see where the wires from the middle microswitch are goin to? Especially the wire of the rearmost contact of the middle microswitch........

#1084 2 years ago
Quoted from Prospekteur:

Can someone make an shot of the backdoor, where I can see where the wires from the middle microswitch are goin to? Especially the wire of the rearmost contact of the middle microswitch........

Are you looking for a photo of the light panel behind the translite, or the coin door? I’m not understanding “backdoor”.

#1085 2 years ago
Quoted from Prospekteur:

You might want to post this over on the Tech board, since you just need to see the wiring of a System 11 European coin door.

All System 11 coin doors are wired the same way, so it doesn't have to be Rollergames.

3 weeks later
#1086 2 years ago

What is typical premium placed on a Diamond plated Rollergames vs a standard in similar condition? Rough idea?

#1087 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

What is typical premium placed on a Diamond plated Rollergames vs a standard in similar condition? Rough idea?

$100-$200, based on the archive. Great pin, but not one where collectors go crazy for variants.

#1088 2 years ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

$100-$200, based on the archive. Great pin, but not one where collectors go crazy for variants.

Appreciate it, thank you!

#1089 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

What is typical premium placed on a Diamond plated Rollergames vs a standard in similar condition? Rough idea?</blockquote

The key is that the playfields likely will not be in similar condition. The diamond plate example will almost certainly show much less wear so that particular pin is going to bring more money than an example with lots of playfield wear.

1 week later
#1090 2 years ago

Can someone post a pic or description of which flashers were the missing ones? I see some pics in the gallery of added flashers, but mine came with the original flashers with sockets, etc. I was just wondering which were the missing/removed ones.

#1091 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Can someone post a pic or description of which flashers were the missing ones? I see some pics in the gallery of added flashers, but mine came with the original flashers with sockets, etc. I was just wondering which were the missing/removed ones.

There were 15 flashers in the back box on prototype games, along with two extra on the playfield. Here is a photo of my standard game- no flashers in the back box.

64CE0C1D-6E15-455C-A97B-523270937631 (resized).jpeg64CE0C1D-6E15-455C-A97B-523270937631 (resized).jpeg
#1092 2 years ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

There were 15 flashers in the back

oh wow, I didn't realize there were *NO* flashers on the normal production games. I thought there were at least SOME in there. That answers my next follow up which was to figure out which routines activated the extra flashers. Looks like they left all the routines in to activate them as they all fire in my game at various times.

#1093 2 years ago

Decided to join the club

23D01181-974C-44BF-98E9-A4901DD3FEDD (resized).jpeg23D01181-974C-44BF-98E9-A4901DD3FEDD (resized).jpeg
#1094 2 years ago
Quoted from keanan_connell:

Decided to join the club
[quoted image]

Welcome aboard!

#1095 2 years ago

I guess I got me one of them fancy prototype games. Mine has diamond plate as well. What were the prototype games made for?

4EABB19C-DEA6-4981-8EE0-8F14B9322A7D (resized).jpeg4EABB19C-DEA6-4981-8EE0-8F14B9322A7D (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1096 2 years ago

Balls per play: what’s your game set at? The card on my game says 3 balls per play, and that’s what I have it set to.

I wonder, though, if it would be more fun to make it a 4-ball game. It can be pretty unforgiving sometimes on that left drain and I rarely get past 15,000,000. Hi score is 26,000,000.

#1097 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

I guess I got me one of them fancy prototype games. Mine has diamond plate as well. What were the prototype games made for?
[quoted image]

Are the SKATE targets drop targets? If yes, then it's a prototype. If not then it's an early 1st production unit.

The prototypes are test units made before the actual production run.

Quoted from copyboy311:

Balls per play: what’s your game set at? The card on my game says 3 balls per play, and that’s what I have it set to.
I wonder, though, if it would be more fun to make it a 4-ball game. It can be pretty unforgiving sometimes on that left drain and I rarely get past 15,000,000. Hi score is 26,000,000.

Mine is set at 3, but that's because of nostalgia reasons. There is no 4-ball option. Only 3-ball and 5-ball options are available. Go ahead and give it a go and see if you like the 5-ball option.

#1098 2 years ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

Mine is set at 3, but that's because of nostalgia reasons. There is no 4-ball option. Only 3-ball and 5-ball options are available. Go ahead and give it a go and see if you like the 5-ball option.

Williams games let you select anywhere from one through nine balls.

#1099 2 years ago

I definitely have an early production game

Quoted from Shogun00:

Are the SKATE targets drop targets? If yes, then it's a prototype. If not then it's an early 1st production unit.
The prototypes are test units made before the actual production run.

#1100 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Williams games let you select anywhere from one through nine balls.

You're right! I was confusing it with Robocop and Rollergames' "Install 5-Ball Rule" option.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rock-rock-rockin-rollergames-club/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.