IMG_9892 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9890 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9891 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9888 (resized).jpeg
592e8d0566c7328973f283eb9c90377d229015a6-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_9345 (resized).JPG
20240220_180156 (resized).jpg
There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 28.
#751 6 years ago

That's perfect then, if the magnet works you're set. After looking at my plastic last night your fix looks really good too. I think cleaning the optos involved a q tip on the infrared LED, can't remember where I saw it.

Based on the recommendation in Vid's guide to flipper rebuilding, I changed my flipper springs from the stock over the plungers tapered springs to the fliptronic style little spring attached to the capacitor/EOS bracket and man what a difference. Way more snappy. I was actually not really feeling this machine with the spongy flipper action even after a rebuild, but this mod is a game changer. Was a bit of a challenge though since I had three different flipper mount assemblies. One had the removable EOS bracket with spring holes, one had the tall bracket but needed a hole drilled and the other was just tall enough to hold the switch with no capacitor mount. It was spot welded in there so had to drill it out, make holes for a new bracket and mount it but worked like a charm. Can't recommend this mod enough to anyone else with a system 11 machine like this.

#752 6 years ago

I also just rebuilt my 3 flippers and upgraded to the Fliptronic style. Big improvement. As far as my rebuilt plastic, it was a bit time consuming but worked decent. I used my broken long clear piece and traced the shape onto a 4" wide piece of 1/8" plexiglass. Then cut it with a jigsaw ( a scroll saw would work even better). Bent the plastic at the proper angles with a heat gun and added a flange at the tail so that I could bend it up and epoxy it under the portion with the black and red sticker.

#753 6 years ago

KOAmps...You mentioned cleaning the opto's. It got me thinking that my opto's shouldn't be dirty because I purchased a replacement board. Started thinking about it, and took another look at my board installation. I had installed it facing the wrong direction (replacing it how I had removed the old one). I re-installed the board correctly and everything now works properly. I am stoked. I've been troubleshooting this issue for a month. Thanks for the opto mention because me going in another direction.

1 week later
#754 6 years ago

Always sad to see them go. No longer a member of this club. Fortunately you won't get a more enthusiastic member than HotPieceOfSass

FJIMG_20180324_140834 (resized).jpgFJIMG_20180324_140834 (resized).jpg

#755 6 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Always sad to see them go. No longer a member of this club. Fortunately you won't get a more enthusiastic member than hotpieceofsass

I'm so excited to finally have my first pin and it be rollergames! I've binged watched the first season and it was AMAZING! I'm thinking of making an alligator topper

IMG_20180324_210035_583 (resized).jpgIMG_20180324_210035_583 (resized).jpg

#756 6 years ago

How did I never think of a live alligator topper...makes just as much sense as the ones on the show

#757 6 years ago

Welcome to the club. It's a fun game. Congratulations on your first pin!

#758 6 years ago

Still on the hunt for a shooter lane/ball lock plastic. I've heard murmurings from a few Pinsiders about making new ones but so far it's pretty much just rumor. Mine is missing outright. So sad...

#759 6 years ago

I haven't been able to find "new" shooter lane plastic either. Mine was broken in half. I "remade" the broken portion of mine using 1/8" plexiglass and attached it to the main portion with 5 minute epoxy. I also bent up a rear mount portion since the holes were all broken apart, and attached that with 5 minute epoxy as well. Just need a couple small stickers on those two attachment areas and you really wouldn't know they were modified. At least now it is one piece again.

20180219_103602 (resized).jpg20180219_103602 (resized).jpg

20180219_103553 (resized).jpg20180219_103553 (resized).jpg

20180218_152511 (resized).jpg20180218_152511 (resized).jpg

20180218_122539 (resized).jpg20180218_122539 (resized).jpg

20180303_200001 (resized).jpg20180303_200001 (resized).jpg

#760 6 years ago

Beware of the devastating alligator pit!

20180331_084922 (resized).jpg20180331_084922 (resized).jpg

#761 6 years ago

I'm in, played for the first time at TPF and loved it then one went for sale close by and I nabbed it. Kick Butt

#762 6 years ago

The nephew's stopped out and grandma (mom to me) brought them down to the farm shop for a little Rollergames action.

IMG_7262 (resized).JPGIMG_7262 (resized).JPG

IMG_7265 (resized).JPGIMG_7265 (resized).JPG

Sister in Law told me they were singing "Rock Rock Rock'n Rollergames" the entire drive home .

#763 6 years ago
Quoted from HotPieceOfSass:

Beware of the devastating alligator pit!

Yeeeeeeeeessssss

1 week later
#764 6 years ago

Had a toasty connector for the back box lights that was kind of hacked in there that I finally got around to replacing with a proper plug tonight. Works the same but looks a lot nicer and shouldn't have any more problems ever again.

IMG_0807 (resized).jpgIMG_0807 (resized).jpg

IMG_0805 (resized).jpgIMG_0805 (resized).jpg

IMG_0806 (resized).jpgIMG_0806 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#765 5 years ago

Just got a replacement diverter arm from jasonpaulbauer and works like a charm. Only thing left to do now is sort out some worn off insert decals. Anyone do the waterslide decals and mylar method? I'd rather not bother with clear coat.

IMG_0832 (resized).jpgIMG_0832 (resized).jpg

#766 5 years ago

I haven't done insert decals before. I'd be curious to see how you do with that method. Sounds intriguing. I also have some worn insert decals. I wonder what my diverter bar looks like. I've had the unit apart but never really delved into it because things do seem to work. But looking at your old one compared to the new one, I think I'll take some time and pull mine apart when I have a moment.

#767 5 years ago

Got the decals applied and it turned out decent. The toner from my printer was a little too see through even on the highest quality but otherwise they were a breeze to apply and seem like they'll hold up well enough. I printed them on some cheapo decals from ebay that by themselves are a little flimsy but with two coats of clear on them before soaking, it stiffened them right up. Cut them out with a little extra around the borders, stuck them on, let dry overnight, then waxed and ready to go. The files online are good but could do with larger thickness black outlines to cover the insert edges a bit more and the font a little bigger at least on the 'lite jetway' one pictured here. I put the stock one under the blue wire form for reference.

IMG_0856 (resized).jpgIMG_0856 (resized).jpg

IMG_0857 (resized).jpgIMG_0857 (resized).jpg

IMG_0836 (resized).jpgIMG_0836 (resized).jpg

IMG_0834 (resized).jpgIMG_0834 (resized).jpg

IMG_0835 (resized).jpgIMG_0835 (resized).jpg

IMG_0833 (resized).jpgIMG_0833 (resized).jpg

#768 5 years ago

I joined the club yesterday and picked up a really nice RG, I got a really really good deal on it. it has the diamond plate playfield and the flashers, I took pics of it in the car so not the greatest and lots of reflections from the sun but it has a beautiful playfield and only 1 broken plastic over the drop targets. the cabinet doesn't have much fade and the head has a few small chips and nicks. I picked it up on the way to Allentown so while there I picked up a nvram and replacement drop target stickers

rg2 (resized).jpgrg2 (resized).jpg

rg1 (resized).jpgrg1 (resized).jpg

rg3 (resized).jpgrg3 (resized).jpg

rg4 (resized).jpgrg4 (resized).jpg

rg6 (resized).jpgrg6 (resized).jpg

rg8 (resized).jpgrg8 (resized).jpg

rg5 (resized).jpgrg5 (resized).jpg

rg7 (resized).jpgrg7 (resized).jpg

#769 5 years ago

Welcome to the club. Rollergames is a fun game to play. That one looks very clean. Congratulations.

#770 5 years ago

KOAmps. Those look really good. Where did you find the file for the decals? You just print the "file" onto the decal sheet and then you cleared them? I've never done anything like that, but it looks to be a simple procedure. Thank you.

#771 5 years ago

Yep, just printed on the decals from Adobe Acrobat with no scaling then two coats of clear right on the decals. I bet if they were printed at a copy shop they'd be even better. This is where I got them, link is down at the bottom posted by Iizi https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rollergames-insert-decals

That's a super clean machine @wildwillys, congrats on getting a diamond plate one.

#772 5 years ago

Fixed my diverter even more as well since I had the ramp off to put a 'J' on the insert at the top. The new bar worked well, but the arms still didn't close as much as I'd like. Ended up filing a couple of mm off the coil stop so the plunger would go in further and moving the spring to a new hole I made a little further back. The bushings the arms sat in had too much play and was kind of random when closing, the spring now keeps tension on the whole thing and pushes the arms forward to their proper position. Coil stop was about 10mm when I finished.

Also while you're up there, add a few washers to the screw near the center microswitch to minimize stuck balls up there. Lifting the switch to just before the point it clicks lets the little wire gate swing more freely minimizing the stuck balls up there, mine was pretty bad. Four washers seemed to do the trick. Still gets stuck every once and a while but much less than before.

IMG_0837 (resized).jpgIMG_0837 (resized).jpg

IMG_0818 (resized).jpgIMG_0818 (resized).jpg

#773 5 years ago

Hi All, I just got my first RollerGames pinball and I am looking to restore it. I need some plastic pieces. I need the plastic above the drop targets, above the 123 standup targets, and the shooter lane plastic. Anyone have some spares?

Inkedrgplas01_LI (resized).jpgInkedrgplas01_LI (resized).jpg

Inkedrg_LI (resized).jpgInkedrg_LI (resized).jpg

#774 5 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

Hi All, I just got my first RollerGames pinball and I am looking to restore it. I need some plastic pieces. I need the plastic above the drop targets, above the 123 standup targets, and the shooter lane plastic. Anyone have some spares?

The drop target plastic is regularly available on ebay, the plastic next the "The Wall" entrance, you'll have to buy a whole set to get that one, and the one over the shooter lane doesn't exist... Except for maybe a decent used one on ebay that usually appears everytime lightning strikes a flying pig during a full moon.

#775 5 years ago

As far as the shooter lane cover, I "fixed" mine since it was broken. I covered it a bit earlier in this thread. Not a perfect fix, but it works pretty well.

#776 5 years ago

just got it setup and it has proto roms 1 and 2 should I switch them out to the newest version or leave it as it is

Just noticed looking at the pics Rom 1 has a leg not in the socket but the game plays fine should I leave it or stick it in the socket

rg9 (resized).jpgrg9 (resized).jpg
rg10 (resized).jpgrg10 (resized).jpg
rg11 (resized).jpgrg11 (resized).jpg

#777 5 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

I should have the first 2 plastics. Drop target is new and the 123 is my old one but still nice. Let me fine 'em and I'll PM you.

#778 5 years ago

Not sure if the leg out is intentional due to a "proto", but my assumption would be to reset the ROM properly.

1 week later
#779 5 years ago

can someone post a pic of the connectors on the bottom board j7 and j8, both connectors have been replaced and they did a really bad job, I have GI in the rear of the playfield but not the front like the slingshots

#780 5 years ago

This might be of only partial help to you since my j7 has been soldered directly to the back of the board. But j8 is complete. Let me know if there's any other photos that might be helpful.

20180522_070509 (resized).jpg20180522_070509 (resized).jpg

#781 5 years ago

thanks for the pic I also need a pic of the vertical one to the right J6? maybe but I see yours is soldered

#782 5 years ago
Quoted from wildwillys:

just got it setup and it has proto roms 1 and 2 should I switch them out to the newest version or leave it as it is
Just noticed looking at the pics Rom 1 has a leg not in the socket but the game plays fine should I leave it or stick it in the socket

Replace these with the latest or you likely won't have all the correct sounds.

#783 5 years ago

alright need some help I fixed my GI issue with replacing 2 burnt connectors so I moved on to installing my NVRAM I unsoldered the 6116 soldered in a new socket and now it lit up with rollergames on the display for a couple seconds then the display went blank, there is no blanking light or diagnostic light. where do I even start I already checked all the fuses and test points for proper voltage, I rechecked my soldering job to make sure nothing was shorted or lifted traces. I just ordered the manual so it's on the way so I can't do much until it gets here or I might just order a Rottendog and start fresh

#784 5 years ago

Still looking for the 123 target plastic. Anyone?

Quoted from galaxian:

#785 5 years ago

Is yours missing or broken?

1 week later
#786 5 years ago

After an extensive viewing of classic Rollergames “Rockers” footage on YouTube and having a blast playing this game at GSPF this year, Im hooked and need to be a part of this club in the very near future.
Please let me know how I can join and take on Mr Mean.

#787 5 years ago

Just joined a couple weeks ago!

One question...my left flipper feels like it has a slight, ummm, delay on it? I replaced the entire coil assembly and the flipper switch, issue remains. Any ideas what to try?

#788 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Please let me know how I can join and take on Mr Mean.

Oh that's easy! I trade my minty HUO for your White Water, thats how!

#789 5 years ago

oops

#790 5 years ago

Just joined the club this last weekend.

Digging the pin so far but it has been brutal on ball times. I think I played 20 games in 20 minutes last night. I think I’m about an 7-8 on angle but haven’t confirmed.

I’ve shifted to trying to play it without trying to trap/hold the ball and seem to be getting better. Outlanes are brutal.

If a new Stern had this much going on people would flip a shit for it.

2 weeks later
#791 5 years ago

Should the "don't flip" magnet hold almost always net a successful wall shot? I don't even bother to wait on the magnet anymore and just flip with more success. Also plunging the ball only makes the ramp about 25% of the time, pitch is around 7

Thanks for ideas

#792 5 years ago

Mine would make that shot probably 95% of the time. The odd thing is that I had replaced my rubbers with Titans. And with the Titan flipper rubber, I could not make that shot no matter how I adjusted that flipper. I put the old Red Rubber back on it and I could make the shot repeatedly.

#793 5 years ago
Quoted from Walleyefisher:

Should the "don't flip" magnet hold almost always net a successful wall shot? I don't even bother to wait on the magnet anymore and just flip with more success. Also plunging the ball only makes the ramp about 25% of the time, pitch is around 7
Thanks for ideas

My game always makes it with the magnet (which at my skill level means more success than without it), although sometimes it doesn't make it far enough to lock the ball (or does but then it doesn't lock and just rolls off the end of the upper ramp and I have to manually get it back up the ramp). As far as plunging the ball, mine started having that problem. The fix for me was to replace the red spring in the plunger assembly and I think even more importantly, clean or replace the plunger sleeve (which is a different size that the flipper sleeves). After that I was back in business (whether the pitch was 6.5 or 7 since I have adjusted the game both ways).

#794 5 years ago

Just found this gem while looking for a rollergames lunchbox (I'm the crazy rollergames enthusiast who bought McSquid rollergames)

But check out this killer soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLk1e5t_uYJlvrTRGUBvteEMlFtRzvLvqy

1 week later
#795 5 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Mine would make that shot probably 95% of the time. The odd thing is that I had replaced my rubbers with Titans. And with the Titan flipper rubber, I could not make that shot no matter how I adjusted that flipper. I put the old Red Rubber back on it and I could make the shot repeatedly.

I'm going to try this, thanks for the help.

1 week later
#796 5 years ago

Has anyone had issues with the vertical up-kicker (that kicks out to the top right flipper a/k/a "don't flip--flip"? Mine doesn't always kick it out with enough force and then it falls back into the kicker a second time. I'm not sure if it's a coil or connector issue. It works 85% of the time.

Thanks.

#797 5 years ago

Still looking for a nice RG out in CA for anyone considering taking off their skates.

#798 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Still looking for a nice RG out in CA for anyone considering taking off their skates.

I've still got the nicest one you'll find on the west coast! You just need to load up that White Water and take a vacation to Vegas, and BAM... You're in the club!!

#799 5 years ago
Quoted from apk8488:

Has anyone had issues with the vertical up-kicker (that kicks out to the top right flipper a/k/a "don't flip--flip"? Mine doesn't always kick it out with enough force and then it falls back into the kicker a second time. I'm not sure if it's a coil or connector issue. It works 85% of the time.
Thanks.

Mine did the same and still does every once and a while. Turned out mine had a cotter pin someone installed instead of the factory pin holding the cup part the ball sits in and was getting stuck at funny angles because the pin was too tight. I changed it out for a 3mm bolt that was the right length and centered the upper wire form a bit more and it fixed it so that it works about 95% of the time. There's still too much play in the cup where it attaches due to age/wear which causes it to fail every so often that is probably only fixable by installing a new plunger/cup assembly but it works well enough for me now. Maybe check that there's smooth up and down play in the cup around that pin and that the switch isn't getting in the way underneath or something.

#800 5 years ago
Quoted from apk8488:

Thanks.

I had this problem. Resoldering the coil lugs fixed it. They looked fine beforehand, but it worked.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rock-rock-rockin-rollergames-club/page/16?hl=apk8488 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.