IMG_9892 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9890 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9891 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9888 (resized).jpeg
592e8d0566c7328973f283eb9c90377d229015a6-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_9345 (resized).JPG
20240220_180156 (resized).jpg
There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 28.
#601 7 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

Your lock switch wiring is incorrect. See photos for actual wiring in my

You were absolutely correct. Took me a week to figure this out. Thank you for taking the time and it's good to know there's good people in this club!

#602 7 years ago

DumbAss is awesome! He (and others) provided me with a lot of good detailed information to help me with a problem I was having with my Rollergames. As a somewhat newbie it took me awhile (plus just finding the time to work on the game), but eventually got the problem solved.

#603 7 years ago

anyone ever have problems with the shooter not launching the ball uo the ramp?

#604 7 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Not true.
I have prototype game #3 - and they are not all chrome. Left wireform is blue. The center wireform is chrome, and the right is red.
Sample game #26, which I formerly owned, was all chrome.

Yep, I still have your Sample Game Diamond plate RG. Yes, all the metal wire forms are chrome and I had all of theme re-chromed by Mike Chestnut a couple years ago before his passing. The game looks and plays fantastic. It is sitting beside my newly acquired BALLY Skateball.

#605 7 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

anyone ever have problems with the shooter not launching the ball uo the ramp?

I would adjust the metal ball guide out of the shooter lane, if you get in there you can see that if you loosen the screw you can move it up or down.

#606 7 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

I would adjust the metal ball guide out of the shooter lane, if you get in there you can see that if you loosen the screw you can move it up or down.

Is it aimed incorrectly toward the ramp (apply the quoted fix) or aimed correctly but doesn't have enough "oomph" to get up the ramp? If it's the latter then your spring in the shooter rod is probably incorrect. It needs to be a RED spring (highest tension). If you've put a silver spring (regular) there won't be enough to climb the ramp.

#607 7 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

Is it aimed incorrectly toward the ramp (apply the quoted fix) or aimed correctly but doesn't have enough "oomph" to get up the ramp? If it's the latter then your spring in the shooter rod is probably incorrect. It needs to be a RED spring (highest tension). If you've put a silver spring (regular) there won't be enough to climb the ramp.

good follow up point. Also have you removed the rod housing recently perhaps for cleaning? Make sure the shooter tip is hitting the ball square, and also make sure that rubber tip isn't worn away or that the rod isn't mushroomed underneath. All worth taking a look at

#608 7 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

Spring Is correct and will make it up sometimes but it misses more than it makes it up. It literally just happened one day after working great for a long time!

Quoted from practicalsteve:

I'll have to look and see if it moved some how.

#609 7 years ago

That was the issue!! It was moved just enough to mess it up. Thank you!!

2 weeks later
#610 7 years ago

Does anybody in this group have scans of RG playfield art? Looking to do a playfield restoration and there are a couple areas that are good candidates for waterslide decals.

#611 7 years ago

Does anyone else's sound every get warbly? Sometimes when I am awarded a 2x or 3x on Rollermotion the sounds sort of warbles. If I get the bonus through the JET targets it sounds fine. Wasn't sure if that's just the game acting normally or if something is going on with the sound board. It doesn't really bother me (I just consider it the character of the game) and I can't remember if it was always this way or something more recent, but was wondering whether it was normal and if not, am concerned that it could get worse and I don't want to loose the sound on the game. Thanks as always for the input/advice!

2 weeks later
#612 7 years ago

So, I'm just about to shop one of these out - any advice on getting out the ramps in the back of the game without having to remove the playfield?

#613 7 years ago

Lift the playfield off the hinges in the cabinet and then move it forward (towards the two flippers) and rest part of it on a pillow or something. That's how I was able to easily get to the ramp in the back.

#614 7 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Lift the playfield off the hinges in the cabinet and then move it forward (towards the two flippers) and rest part of it on a pillow or something. That's how I was able to easily get to the ramp in the back.

Thank you, sir! Obvious great idea.

#615 7 years ago

Hi All!

My top row of flashers (4) on the ramp flash when either flipper is pressed. This happens every time.

I assume this ISN'T supposed to happen, but I want to make sure. I'm chasing some other lighting issues on this machine and noticed this glitch. I'm assuming a short somewhere... and I haven't started looking.

I attempted to upload a video, but the 'attach images' only allows picture.

However, the video just shows a QUICK, DIM, flash every time either flipper button is depressed.

Thoughts?

#616 7 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

Hi All!
My top row of flashers (4) on the ramp flash when either flipper is pressed. This happens every time.
I assume this ISN'T supposed to happen, but I want to make sure. I'm chasing some other lighting issues on this machine and noticed this glitch. I'm assuming a short somewhere... and I haven't started looking.
However, the video just shows a QUICK, DIM, flash every time either flipper button is depressed.
Thoughts?

Do you have LEDs in the flashers?

#617 7 years ago

Hi All!
Thoughts?

If you have LED flashers in those positions (as Andy_B mentioned), then you'll get this issue. If you want to know the technical details check out this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adding-led-flashers-to-system-11-games
I did some analysis down towards the bottom to find out what was going on. In the end, you can either modify your boards to make LEDs work or you you can just keep regular bulbs in for the ones that blink.

#618 7 years ago

Thanks for the work. I'll get to it one of these days.

Anything critical about leaving LEDs in and having the flash? I can't see it damaging anything. Just the errant flash until it's fixed.

#619 7 years ago

Thanks for the work. I'll get to it one of these days.
Anything critical about leaving LEDs in and having the flash? I can't see it damaging anything. Just the errant flash until it's fixed.

No, should be fine.

2 months later
#620 7 years ago

Hey gang! Not only is it about time to resurrect this thread, but i'm looking for a couple PF plastics... used original preferred, must be undamaged. Help would be greatly appreciated!!

Image3.jpgImage3.jpg

#621 7 years ago

My game seems level, but when I hit a firm shot around the top loop/orbit (from right to left, or when I hit the inner loop, for example after getting the extra ball) very often the ball goes past the SKATE targets and then drains down the middle. Anyone else experience this? If not, besides adjusting the level of the entire machine either right or left, any other ideas? Anything adjustable on the playfield? It seems worse the firmer the shot (which I would think the opposite, meaning if maybe I hit a weak shot, but I feel like I am being penalized by the game for a good clean shot around the top or inner loops). Thanks as always for this community's input.

#622 7 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

My game seems level, but when I hit a firm shot around the top loop/orbit (from right to left, or when I hit the inner loop, for example after getting the extra ball) very often the ball goes past the SKATE targets and then drains down the middle. Anyone else experience this? If not, besides adjusting the level of the entire machine either right or left, any other ideas? Anything adjustable on the playfield? It seems worse the firmer the shot (which I would think the opposite, meaning if maybe I hit a weak shot, but I feel like I am being penalized by the game for a good clean shot around the top or inner loops). Thanks as always for this community's input.

The metal guide can be adjusted, but without seeing your machine I'd bet it's either the post sleeve at the bottom of metal guide or the spinner is worn in the middle.

You need to watch the ball as it comes down the orbit and determine if it's riding the metal guide or not. If it is, does the post sleeve bump the ball to the right of its normal path?

If it's not riding the metal guide, then the post sleeve doesn't matter and it's probably the spinner or an obstruction that's more difficult to see.

Spinners wear over time where the ball hits it. It's therefore thinner in the middle causing it to deflect the ball.

Happy hunting!

Go for the wall!

#623 7 years ago

Adjust this ball guide by moving it slightly toward the left, not too far, you don't want the ball to hit that post. And if the leading edge doesnt look like its perfectly straight up and down, dont be shy to bend it straight with pliers. Once you get the adjustment right, your problem will be over.

BG.jpgBG.jpg

#624 7 years ago

Thanks for the info! Here is a photo of my game before I did anything (playfield view) and here is another photo where I loosened the screw at the bottom of the ball guide but didn't get much movement (above view). Are there more screws further up the ball guide (like under the metal ramp) that also need to be loosened to move the guide further away from the rubber post? If not how do I adjust it? Thanks.

IMG_2255 (resized).JPGIMG_2255 (resized).JPG

IMG_2256 (resized).JPGIMG_2256 (resized).JPG

#625 7 years ago

Bought the ramp cliffy a while back, went to install it today and it doesn't seem to fit appropriately. I'm guessing I'm just being a moron, but if someone could grab a picture of what it should look like, that might help. Mine doesn't seem to fit flush against the ramp and the ramp is still in pretty good shape. Thanks in advance!

#626 7 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Thanks for the info! Here is a photo of my game before I did anything (playfield view) and here is another photo where I loosened the screw at the bottom of the ball guide but didn't get much movement (above view). Are there more screws further up the ball guide (like under the metal ramp) that also need to be loosened to move the guide further away from the rubber post? If not how do I adjust it? Thanks.

I had this problem, it was that rubber post, looks like yours is the same, it sticks out just enough to send the ball straight down the middle. I checked it by just removing the rubber and sending the ball around the loop. Once I figured out that was my issue, I put in a slightly smaller rubber and problem solved.

#627 7 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Helpful, you need to move the guide more right, you need to be sure the guide is further out than the rubber post. The ball cannot hit the post or it will deflect the ball toward the center between the flippers. If it does not hit the post, it will continue smooth travel directly at the left flipper as intended. Most people dont realize the critial roll the ball guides play in the geometry and dynamics of a pin, there is really no room for error, and why there is very little adjustment possible with them. In some cases the integrity of the shape of the guide gets compromised (complicated-ese for bent), and has to be carefully bent back.

#628 7 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

Bought the ramp cliffy a while back, went to install it today and it doesn't seem to fit appropriately. I'm guessing I'm just being a moron, but if someone could grab a picture of what it should look like, that might help. Mine doesn't seem to fit flush against the ramp and the ramp is still in pretty good shape. Thanks in advance!

I had to reshape mine with pliers to form it to my ramp. Seemed quite aways off from "spec" but I curled the metal and made it aerodynamic to the flow of the ramp.

That ramp is tight to hit. Much tighter than high speed or the getaway, Steve Ritchie's sister games to Rollergames.

Don't be afraid to bend that protector to form it for your ramp.

#629 7 years ago

If you still need a pic after my description above, give me a day or two. Send me a PM to remind me if I don't post.

No problem!

#630 7 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

loosened to move the guide further away from the rubber post? If not how do I adjust it? Thanks.

Is the ball hitting the "s" target of SKATE and being deflect to the center.

You gotta help us help you. What is moving the ball off the vector line of the guide?

Looks like the s target to me.

#631 7 years ago

Guide, post and s target properly aligned.

IMG_1211 (resized).JPGIMG_1211 (resized).JPG

IMG_1212 (resized).JPGIMG_1212 (resized).JPG

#632 7 years ago

Cliffy ramp protector bent into shape.

If you need better pics give me a day or two.

IMG_1213 (resized).JPGIMG_1213 (resized).JPG

IMG_1215 (resized).JPGIMG_1215 (resized).JPG

IMG_1214 (resized).JPGIMG_1214 (resized).JPG

#633 7 years ago

Is the ball hitting the "s" target of SKATE and being deflect to the center.
You gotta help us help you. What is moving the ball off the vector line of the guide?
Looks like the s target to me.

Quoted from icust298:

I had this problem, it was that rubber post, looks like yours is the same, it sticks out just enough to send the ball straight down the middle. I checked it by just removing the rubber and sending the ball around the loop. Once I figured out that was my issue, I put in a slightly smaller rubber and problem solved.

I think it's actually both of these. The ball hits the rubber post slightly and definitely hits the "S" target of SKATE. I think I have a slightly narrower post and that's an easy swap. The "S" target will take more time since I can't bend it back far enough from the top of the playfield so will see what I can adjust from below and possibly may need to remove it and bend it back a little before re-installing. That will likely be a weekend project unless I can squeeze some time in one night this week.

#634 7 years ago

Thanks for the pics, I just didn't want to start bending it and realize I was just being stupid.

#635 7 years ago

Problem solved! A new rubber post and adjusting the "S" target back and now the ball consistently lands on the left flipper. Made my night tonight (and also helped me get a high score on the game). Thanks again to everyone who posted helpful tips.

#636 7 years ago

First pin I bought over 8 years ago. Still own it, still love it.

#637 7 years ago

Nobody has either of these to sell me huh?

da8c409ac361c98fe30391fc837f702891b04ea1 (resized).jpgda8c409ac361c98fe30391fc837f702891b04ea1 (resized).jpg

#638 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Have you ran the part number on google to see who has it?

#639 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Are these included in the CPR plastic set?

#640 7 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Are these included in the CPR plastic set?

Yes, but trying to avoid $165 for 2 plastics. Plus I was hoping for nice used originals, my game is mint original HUO, which is the other reason why i'd prefer not to go with repro. Whats odd is, my right return lane plastic is not damaged, it has 2 black pieces stacked, instead of 1 black and 1 clear version. The only piece in my game that is actually damaged is the big red one.

#641 7 years ago

Cool. Well, I have a repro plastic set ready to install even though my plastics are in pretty good shape. You can have my old ones when I change them out.

#642 7 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Cool. Well, I have a repro plastic set ready to install even though my plastics are in pretty good shape. You can have my old ones when I change them out.

That would be awesome, thank you. Your big red piece isn't broken? i'm finding that most have the corner broken off at the post next to the wall ramp entrance, which is the case with mine. Its making me crazy to have that one thing broken on an otherwise absolutely minty game!

1 week later
#643 7 years ago

Need replacement switches for the ball locks. Not sure exactly what ones they are. Can you replace with the flat wire ones instead of the small wire?

1 month later
#644 6 years ago

Does anyone know where this goes? I joined the club and this was inside the machine.

20170521_181519 (resized).jpg20170521_181519 (resized).jpg

#645 6 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Does anyone know where this goes? I joined the club and this was inside the machine.

It goes behind the pit, but it looks like your bottom piece is broken (like most are). I found the same thing inside my cabinet when I bought mine and had to find a replacement piece before I could re-install it.

#646 6 years ago

You can see it in this picture (behind The Pit).

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#647 6 years ago

That's crazy. I wondered what all those little extra plastics were in my CPR kit. Usually I'm trying to keep a game as original as possible but I don't really like that big stack of plastic there. Seems like it blocks a lot of the wall/ramp. My game isn't quite a production version so maybe it was added later? I just got done shopping it for the Denver show, with cool white frosted G.I. and the new plastics.

20170521_192911.jpg20170521_192911.jpg

20170521_192857.jpg20170521_192857.jpg

#648 6 years ago

Thank you Nick! Your game looks great Leeb. My soundtrack seems funny, almost like its missing some sounds. For instance when I could down through the inland it registers the points but no sound? It almost seems like I'm missing 25 percent of the sounds

#649 6 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

That's crazy. I wondered what all those little extra plastics were in my CPR kit. Usually I'm trying to keep a game as original as possible but I don't really like that big stack of plastic there. Seems like it blocks a lot of the wall/ramp. My game isn't quite a production version so maybe it was added later? I just got done shopping it for the Denver show, with cool white frosted G.I. and the new plastics.

Could not agree more...

#650 6 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Thank you Nick! Your game looks great Leeb. My soundtrack seems funny, almost like its missing some sounds. For instance when I could down through the inland it registers the points but no sound? It almost seems like I'm missing 25 percent of the sounds

Very possible... can you take a video with when you think you're missing sound? I'll compare to my machine, which I believe to be 100% correct sound wise.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rock-rock-rockin-rollergames-club/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.