Topic Stats

• 889 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 days ago by TheOnlyest
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 307 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0B827BD3-DBB1-4101-AFF2-168FD77E91E3 (resized).jpeg
20191024_213600 (resized).jpg
20191024_211028 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191014_144413 (resized).jpg
49F20294-63A8-4A36-98B0-88C31835F579 (resized).jpeg
20191008_131532 (resized).jpg
DE132FD2-D38D-46D1-BCDC-9BB9DE4EADB0 (resized).jpeg
005 (resized).jpg
004 (resized).jpg
001 (resized).jpg
002 (resized).jpg
cab-01 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190917_133658.jpg
046 (resized).jpg
045 (resized).jpg
slings.jpg

There are 889 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 18.
#551 3 years ago

Perfect. Thank you both for the info and photo. Very helpful and glad to know mine at least matches others. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

1 week later
#552 3 years ago

Anyone have a source for insert decals?

#553 3 years ago

Anyone know the mechanical reason the upper flipper has a longer plunger? I guess this changes the travel, since it uses the same coil stop and bracket... I think this equals less travel?

#554 3 years ago

Almost ready for clearing.

IMG_9394 (resized).JPG

#555 3 years ago

GOT ONE! Number #52. Diamond Plate. AWESOME condition, other than a couple board issues, fixed. Even had a fairly decent first ball

IMG_20160927_155057_907 (resized).jpg

#556 3 years ago

THIS GAME RULES!

#557 3 years ago

Love this Machine! I've only got to play it a few times but when I did I loved it! Has some great art!

#558 3 years ago

Does anyone have a plastic that goes above the shooter Lane to cover up the ball kicker I just picked up a roller games and mine is missing maybe someone has bought a plastic set and did not need that piece I would love to buy it let me know

#559 3 years ago

I don't think that piece comes with the repro plastic set.

#560 3 years ago

Thanks Leeb , Maybe someone is parting one out or soon will be. I have no idea why this piece would be missing.

#561 3 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

I don't think that piece comes with the repro plastic set.

That's going to be a tough one to get your hands on... VERY lucky to find one not broke.

There was a seller on eBay parting out a Rollergames a week ago, look through all the Rollergames parts on eBay, in his description of whatever part it was, he stated they had most of a machine to part out.

#562 3 years ago

traveled 8 hrs to pinball show and only needed to buy 2 parts

IMG_0611 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#563 3 years ago

Just picked a Rollergames and I cannot get the upper flipper / magnet to hit the wall ramp. I have the playfield adjusted to 6 percent. All videos I have seen of this machine makes it look effortless. My flipper does not seem to have the power to make. Any ideas or tweaks? Thanks in advance. Cool game!

#564 3 years ago

Try a new coil sleeve and check the EOS switch for gap and pitting.

#565 3 years ago

when the magnet catches the ball, is it against the flipper? Off of the flipper? I would think looking at where the upper flipper is at rest and in relation to where the magnet grabs the ball is key.

#566 3 years ago

Cleaned up and put in LED"s on my RG I got 2 weeks ago. I think it is way under- rated. The gameplay and shots are better than a lot of pins that sell for much more.

rollergames -2 (resized).jpg

#567 3 years ago

Is the middle wire form supposed to be yellow ? Mine is steel and I have seen some pics where it is yellow.

#568 3 years ago

The metal wire form varies. Not sure if there was any production order to it. I have a relatively early production one (not prototype though) and mine is yellow for the Pit, with the rest of my game like yours. I have seen some with more metal and less colors, and I think the early ones may have been all colors, but I thought I read somewhere that some operators thought it made the game look cheaper, like plastic instead of metal, so they started using more unpainted ones later on. Not sure if that is true though. Maybe just to save on production costs. I actually like the colors since the game is already so colorful.

#569 3 years ago

Distributors felt the painted wireforms made the game appear 'cheaper', like a 'data east' game, so WMS went back to chrome and used up what was left of the painted wireforms.

The painted wireforms actually cost more to make.

#570 3 years ago

Thanks for the info. I like the yellow personally but it is fine without it.

#571 3 years ago

The early games were all chrome.

When the ball is caught by the magnet, it should be resting on, or touching the flipper (may require adjusting the flipper to achieve this). Also, the magnet can be adjusted up or down from under the playfield. As I recall, the manual says it should protrude 1/32" above the field.

#572 3 years ago
Quoted from Lets:

The early games were all chrome.

Not true.

I have prototype game #3 - and they are not all chrome. Left wireform is blue. The center wireform is chrome, and the right is red.

Sample game #26, which I formerly owned, was all chrome.

#573 3 years ago

What are these valued at? I know it's at the bottom of the system 11 pool. Mine is fully functional, yet in players condition.

IMG_0965 (resized).JPG

IMG_0968 (resized).JPG

IMG_0967 (resized).JPG

#574 3 years ago

Who needs a set of cpr plastics? Pm me

#575 3 years ago
Quoted from mtgedney:

What are these valued at? I know it's at the bottom of the system 11 pool. Mine is fully functional, yet in players condition.

Diamond plate? How's your playfield?

Fully functioning players pin. Maybe 1000. I paid 1300 for an unshopped diamond plate.

#576 3 years ago
Quoted from mtgedney:

What are these valued at? I know it's at the bottom of the system 11 pool.

download (1) (resized).jpg

#577 3 years ago

Yeah, now that I think about it, you did come into the rollergames club throwing some shade. I meant they were worth $7000, and they are at least upper middle class beating out pool sharks, road kings, millionaire, Big guns, fire!, jokerz, police force, game show, riverboat gambler, and bugs bunny birthday bash!

#578 3 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

pool sharks, road kings, millionaire, Big guns, fire!, jokerz, police force, game show, riverboat gambler, and bugs bunny birthday bash!

Clearing my thoughts...calm....
Any working system 11 is a treasured work of classic art..

#579 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Clearing my thoughts...calm....
Any working system 11 is a treasured work of classic art..

To be sure!! But to say that Taxi is on the same level as police force.... well...

But I agree, I think there's fun to be had in all those games

#580 3 years ago

I love Rollergames. Its been in my collection the longest, around 5 years. I'm going to shop it this winter. My game plays well except for one thing, during sudden death, the upper right flipper doesn't have enough power to send the ball from the magnet all the way around the ramp back to the upper flipper. I have rebuilt the flipper using a wpc style bracket, new coil, sleeve, bushing etc. Also saw the drop target plastic available at Marco yesterday. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1006-576-19

unnamed-1 (resized).jpg

#581 3 years ago

Only during SD or all the time? Maybe it's the gap on the flipper switch. Should easily make it all the way around. That apron card tho...

#582 3 years ago

I have a weird problem. After a while the pit will not eject the ball up.
I know the machine knows its there because after a while it counts down (hurry up and flip) so I don't think its the switch in the vuk.
It just sits there and you have to turn the machine off. Turning it on again later usually fixes it.

Any ideas anyone? I thought maybe the driver transistor but it works initially.

#583 3 years ago

I would still check the switch even though you are getting the countdown, just to make sure no loose wires, and go from there.

2 weeks later
#584 3 years ago

Looking for a diamondplate, nos or better condition playfield than the one currently in game for a shop/ swap out this winter. Would also consider sending it out for restoration if anyone has any recommendations for that.

1 week later
#585 3 years ago

I know it has been many months since I reached out on this forum, but I was finally able to get all my flashers on the playfield to work. Turned out a couple of the resistors on the interconnect board were the problem. Replaced them and problem solved! It's really great having everything light up so nicely. I think closing the loop is the right things to do and of course, I wanted to say thanks to all of you who provided some really helpful troubleshooting advice.

#586 3 years ago

This baby is beautiful! Pics do not do the clear coat justice, along with cointaker Superbrites. This thing is shiny and beautiful!

Still working some bugs out putting it back together but almost ready to go.

IMG_9808 (resized).JPG

#588 3 years ago

Hi Rollergame owners - is your translite behind a piece of glass or plastic? Mine is behind (seems like it was glued or otherwise stuck on) a piece of flexible plastic and wasn't sure whether this was how the games were originally produced (non-protype/non-early version) or whether the translites were originally behind glass and during the life of my machine the glass broke and was replaced with a plastic reproduction? Thanks.

#589 3 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Hi Rollergame owners - is your translite behind a piece of glass or plastic? Mine is behind (seems like it was glued or otherwise stuck on) a piece of flexible plastic and wasn't sure whether this was how the games were originally produced (non-protype/non-early version) or whether the translites were originally behind glass and during the life of my machine the glass broke and was replaced with a plastic reproduction? Thanks.

hmmmm I would have to double check, but I have never had a game that didn't have glass I am guessing yours was replaced

#590 3 years ago

Thanks for the info. I thought that might be the case. I love my Rollergames and it plays great, but it was definitely routed and has some cosmetic imperfections, so I am not surprised that the glass was replaced by plastic at some point in its life. Fortunately the artwork still looks good. Have a great Thanksgiving!

#591 3 years ago

Throwing this out again. Would love to find a NOS or near perfect translite to replace mine. Mine is faded but is signed by Steve Ritchie on the blonde ladies caboose. Would be willing to trade mine plus cash for one with brighter artwork.

#592 3 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

... but is signed by Steve Ritchie on the blonde ladies caboose.

I understand that this is the ONLY place that he will sign a Rollergames translite.

#593 3 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

I understand that this is the ONLY place that he will sign a Rollergames translite.

That's what I've been told, pretty hilarious

#594 3 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Thanks for the info. I thought that might be the case. I love my Rollergames and it plays great, but it was definitely routed and has some cosmetic imperfections, so I am not surprised that the glass was replaced by plastic at some point in its life. Fortunately the artwork still looks good. Have a great Thanksgiving!

I'd love a minty Rollergames, but with the theme being late 80's, wear on this game just adds to the awesome character Go for the wall!

#595 3 years ago

This is the last thing to fix to get this beautiful machine like new.

Rollergames does not launch the next ball into the shooter lane when you lock your first or second ball.

It launches correctly at the start of a game or a ball drain.

I have checked the lock and trough switches. They all register in test mode, manually AND with a ball.

I play the game to the point where I lock, the game states "Ball 1 locked", "Ball 2 locked",... but then does NOTHING, until it goes into the missing pinball coil firing routine. It never spits the ball into the shooter lane. I immediately go to switch test, and all three ball locations register... trough 1/2 and ball lock 2.

I've checked both lock switches, all 3 trough switches. Multiple times.

It's almost like the logic is messed up at that point. Which I have no knowledge of troubleshooting.

It worked correctly before removing the playfield for clearing.

Any thoughts?

#596 3 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

I play the game to the point where I lock, the game states "Ball 1 locked", "Ball 2 locked",... but then does NOTHING, until it goes into the missing pinball coil firing routine. It never spits the ball into the shooter lane. I immediately go to switch test, and all three ball locations register... trough 1/2 and ball lock 2.

If you've locked two balls should the switch levels not state trough 1, ball lock 1 and ball lock 2? If I were trouble-shooting this I'd get into the state, enter test mode and go to switch levels. Check that all the switches you think should be closed for the state are in fact closed in the switch levels. If they are then the plot thickens!

Biggest thing to remember with Rollergames is to not always trust the manual. It is mostly correct but I have seen errors in the switch matrix documentation.

#597 3 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

If you've locked two balls should the switch levels not state trough 1, ball lock 1 and ball lock 2? If I were trouble-shooting this I'd get into the state, enter test mode and go to switch levels. Check that all the switches you think should be closed for the state are in fact closed in the switch levels. If they are then the plot thickens!
Biggest thing to remember with Rollergames is to not always trust the manual. It is mostly correct but I have seen errors in the switch matrix documentation.

I can't get to that point as the machine doesn't spit out a ball after the FIRST ball lock. I can manually spit ball two out and make the lock, but then the lock 1 switch doesn't work correctly either.

But, for the record, it doesn't spit a ball out after either the first OR the second lock.

Yes, I've done the switch test at both of those states, and the switches register correctly.

Can you check a couple things for me?

Can you check your locks, and determine which switch is lock 1/2?

Also, the same with the three trough switches?

Because mine are not IAW the manual. I have switched these switches around, but that did not fix the problem. It DOESN"T know where the balls are, even though ALL the switches register in test mode (with a ball).

Thanks!

#598 3 years ago

I can't get to that point as the machine doesn't spit out a ball after the FIRST ball lock. I can manually spit ball two out and make the lock, but then the lock 1 switch doesn't work correctly either.
But, for the record, it doesn't spit a ball out after either the first OR the second lock.
Yes, I've done the switch test at both of those states, and the switches register correctly.
Can you check a couple things for me?
Can you check your locks, and determine which switch is lock 1/2?
Also, the same with the three trough switches?
Because mine are not IAW the manual. I have switched these switches around, but that did not fix the problem. It DOESN"T know where the balls are, even though ALL the switches register in test mode (with a ball).
Thanks!

Fixed it. Reversed wires on lock switches. So dumb

#599 3 years ago

I immediately go to switch test, and all three ball locations register... trough 1/2 and ball lock 2.

EDIT: Looks like you fixed while I was writing this (long) reply to you. Oh well. Good job!!!

Sorry for the wait of most of the day. I had to go to the physical site of the machine and had other things to complete today.

Probable cause (I don't have definitive evidence without being at the machine and / or having photos):

Your lock switch wiring is incorrect. See photos for actual wiring in my machine (game works correctly). The manual switch matrix documentation is incorrect. Specifically the locations on page #72 and the matrix on page #73 (and probably other matrices listed in the manual).

If I'm wrong please feel free to correct me. I don't profess to knowing everything but I do like to think things through and make sure the evidence matches up consistently with the state.

Detailed thought process (for those interested in trying to understand the diagnostic process):

I didn't pay close enough attention to the detail you provided. You stated the above quote when you lock a ball and went to the switch test. It all makes sense now when I read it again. You state "trough #1, trough #2 and ball lock #2". It should be "trough #1, trough #2 and ball lock #1". The fact that ball lock #2 is closed indicates to the game there are two balls locked when in fact there is only one. I'm guessing the game gets confused as ball lock #1 is open and there are still two balls remaining in the trough. There should only be one ball in the trough at that point. I suspect that if you run the switch test and manually actuate the ball lock #1 and ball lock #2 switches the game will report them the wrong way around. When you actuate the lower lock switch it will report "ball lock #2" and when you actuate the upper lock switch it will report "ball lock #1".

Note the switch location diagram on page #72 shows #53 above #54 in physical location. It also describes them as "53 = LOCK #1" and "54 = LOCK #2". #53 is GRN-VIO / WHT-GRN and #54 is GRN-VIO / WHT-BLU. The photo below shows them physically located the other way around. Makes more sense for lock #1 to be the lower switch than the upper switch.

Also note the switch location diagram on page #72 shows #11 is trough #1 (left) and is GRN-RED / WHT-ORG. The photo below shows that the left-most switch is likely #13 and trough #3 wired as GRN-RED / WHT-GRN. The right-most switch is likely #11 and trough #1 wired as GRN-RED / WHT-ORG. This indicates that the matrix color diagram is correct but the physical location diagram is incorrect. The physical location of the trough switches should be 13 - 12 - 11 from left to right. Perhaps the original programmer in the 1990s got them backward or perhaps the wiring harnesses were produced with them backwards and the programmer just went off what was wired rather than what was documented. Either way the photos show the physical location diagram is incorrect.

P.S. Did I tell you how much I distrust the Rollergames manual?

IMG_7649 (resized).JPG
IMG_7651 (resized).JPG
IMG_7652 (resized).JPG

#600 3 years ago

It's a great thing that there is enough Rollergames and their fans out there to figure this out. My first and still favorite pin!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Boards
PinSound
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinfarmer Mods
There are 889 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 18.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside