Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

unnamed (resized).jpg
    308469D5-366C-457F-B4AF-ACCD7786A6BD (resized).jpeg
    10C7EFF5-127E-40E3-8411-D49A0476CB5F (resized).png
    8460576B-3F54-4630-806F-6BD9D15A04D4 (resized).jpeg
    7DB0B812-7C2B-4BDE-AD34-9736F0514759 (resized).jpeg
    F4BB67C4-ED15-40D7-9543-856B44F9FB49 (resized).jpeg
    5C3F66C0-34F6-4B05-9DE3-19A40D22E00A (resized).jpeg
    44FB7272-E306-4D71-89C0-A5A5A90177A4 (resized).jpeg
    75B36B58-C4F8-43C1-BD73-33998618C45E (resized).jpeg
    25EC23C1-D568-4BC3-8123-EC8027CD7A46 (resized).jpeg
    images (27) (resized).jpeg
    images (24) (resized).jpeg
    77B45EDE-2399-4013-B185-58B1346B5DF2 (resized).png
    C994C8C6-DAE1-4046-8624-96627B959E64 (resized).png
    3940E401-93A7-4CDB-8DD1-20E4721D146E (resized).png

#1 10 months ago

Tired of old school rock group themed pins?
    Too Bad. Get used to it!
    Personally I love em and here are the next ones coming out in no particular order:

Van Halen
    Queen
    Pink Floyd
    Eagles
    Def Leppard
    Rush

I’m really curious what is your choice for a rock group pin?

#2 10 months ago

Motley Crue “the dirty pin”.....nobody ever says this but with a gigantic tour coming and the sequel to the movie on top of music that’s made for pinball why the hell is nobody making this ? Would be IMDN on steroids with plenty of material to use .

#3 10 months ago

Nikki Sixx would for sure cooperate as much or more than Skash did .

#4 10 months ago

I’d consider buying:

Ozzy sabbath
    Floyd
    Priest

This may change in next week’s “what theme?” Thread.

#5 10 months ago

Or Slash

#6 10 months ago

And Korn too dammit !!

3940E401-93A7-4CDB-8DD1-20E4721D146E (resized).pngC994C8C6-DAE1-4046-8624-96627B959E64 (resized).png
    #7 10 months ago
    77B45EDE-2399-4013-B185-58B1346B5DF2 (resized).png
    #8 10 months ago

Def Leppard would be epic. Still touring and have quite the following.

#9 10 months ago

Van Halen for me.

#10 10 months ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

Motley Crue “the dirty pin”.....nobody ever says this but with a gigantic tour coming and the sequel to the movie on top of music that’s made for pinball why the hell is nobody making this ? Would be IMDN on steroids with plenty of material to use .

I was a Crue fan back in the day but they just didn't age well for me. The movie was great, and it was a neat little revival. I'm pretty sure Covid killed the momentum and all the kids that may have gone have moved on to something else. I'm not sure if Vince Neil could ever sing live, but he certainly can't now. That along with the promise of no more tours and permanent retirement really turned me off of Motley Crue. My uneducated 5 drinks in prediction is the tour will be a disaster and cancel half way through because of poor attendance.

#11 10 months ago
    Quoted from alpha70:

Van Halen for me.

This is so painfully obviously the next smart choice (Van Halen). I'd like to see JJP do it because it needs to be over the top. I'm shocked Stern didn't jump on Queen while that iron was hot. I think that would have been a good fit. It may be too late, If Ozzy could use part of the Sabbath catalog that would be amazing. I'm not sure there are a ton of others that would work in my opinion. Pink Floyd is too mellow. You need high energy. Rush is a tough one, maybe one of the boutique Primus/Beatles runs would work but there are as many people that I know that are obsessed with Rush that can't stand them. I think we need another 5-10 years before the 90's bands would work, purely from a financial standpoint.

#12 10 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’d consider buying:
    Ozzy sabbath
    Floyd
    Priest

Same, plus Ramones and Motorhead, although unfortunately all of the original members from both are rather dead at the moment, so I'm not sure how that would work.

#13 10 months ago

Pink Floyd I will pay whatever "wall bashtoy""laser light show"could be endless possibilities artwork on there albums are amazing imagine on a pin...before I die I hope....stern jjp doesn't matter who does it I want it

#14 10 months ago

Van Halen
    Motörhead
    Blue Öyster Cult
    Black Sabbath
    Rush
    Judas Priest
    UFO
    Journey
    Slayer
    Ghost.
    I'll take any of the above.

#15 10 months ago

PanterA

#16 10 months ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

Motley Crue (first 3 albums and maybe girls girls girls) to the top of the list for 80’s metal and Queen for 70’s/80’s rock. I wouldn’t need any other music pins. Especially if Led Zeppelin is a must buy.

#17 10 months ago

The Hammer Man bash toy would be cool

images (24) (resized).jpeg
    #18 10 months ago

Mikes Jack Daniels bass guitar should be included somewhere.

images (27) (resized).jpeg
    #19 10 months ago

And i am sure peavey- fender- gibson(Kramer) and a tone of other brands would have no problem giving free license to honour the memory of the Great Edward Van Halen

#20 10 months ago
    25EC23C1-D568-4BC3-8123-EC8027CD7A46 (resized).jpeg
    #21 10 months ago
    44FB7272-E306-4D71-89C0-A5A5A90177A4 (resized).jpeg5C3F66C0-34F6-4B05-9DE3-19A40D22E00A (resized).jpeg75B36B58-C4F8-43C1-BD73-33998618C45E (resized).jpeg
    #22 10 months ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

Van Halen
    Motörhead
    Blue Öyster Cult
    Black Sabbath
    Rush
    Judas Priest
    UFO
    Journey
    Slayer
    Ghost.
    I'll take any of the above.

It would be really cool to make a “pillars of metal” pin and have the big 5: Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, Testament & Exodus. Metallica is out since they already have a pin anyway.

We could really pile on bands from there but those guys have toured together many times and the shows are always great even though most those guys are in their 60s now.

#23 10 months ago

After seeing gnr from jjp, I’d love to Def Leppard from jjp too.

#24 10 months ago

Hoping DR actually builds this

F4BB67C4-ED15-40D7-9543-856B44F9FB49 (resized).jpeg
    #25 10 months ago

Love Rush but don't want a pin.

Slayer
    Sabbath
    Motorhead
    The Priest
    Megadeth based on Peace and Rust.

Quoted from konghusker:

I’d love to Def Leppard from jjp too.

Def Leppard is fuckin shit.

#26 10 months ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I was a Crue fan back in the day but they just didn't age well for me. The movie was great, and it was a neat little revival. I'm pretty sure Covid killed the momentum and all the kids that may have gone have moved on to something else. I'm not sure if Vince Neil could ever sing live, but he certainly can't now. That along with the promise of no more tours and permanent retirement really turned me off of Motley Crue. My uneducated 5 drinks in prediction is the tour will be a disaster and cancel half way through because of poor attendance.

Vince is supposed to be getting into “fighting shape” for this tour! (I’ll believe it when I see it). I’m really happy for Nikki though. Sure, he’s stepped on quite a few faces on his way up but he has REALLY turned his life around in a huge way.

Uh, I meant to say later Crue doesn’t really do it for me, but boy Saints of Los Angeles is a GREAT song

#27 10 months ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Love Rush but don't want a pin.
    Slayer
    Sabbath
    Motorhead
    The Priest
    Megadeth based on Peace and Rust.

Def Leppard is fuckin shit.

I’ll take your Rush pin

#28 10 months ago

Queen.

10C7EFF5-127E-40E3-8411-D49A0476CB5F (resized).png308469D5-366C-457F-B4AF-ACCD7786A6BD (resized).jpeg7DB0B812-7C2B-4BDE-AD34-9736F0514759 (resized).jpeg8460576B-3F54-4630-806F-6BD9D15A04D4 (resized).jpeg
    #29 10 months ago

BallPin knows everything. And he supposedly told my aunt's butcher's babysitter that the next music pin would be Air Supply.

#30 10 months ago

Rush for me

#31 10 months ago

Give me a Tool pin and you can have all my monies.

#32 10 months ago

Meh... there’s too many rock pins out there already. How about some creativity and inovation. I say let’s build a Team America.

#33 10 months ago

I think Tool would be an amazing pin, from a music and visual standpoint. However, Tool is probably too niche of a band for a pin. Switching gears completely, I do think a Grateful Dead pin has the potential to be amazing if done right. I know the music isn’t your traditional pinball hard rock, but the Dead have a lot of more upbeat amazing songs and the art possibilities are second to none. Plus, there is the history component with the counter culture that would have to be incorporated in a smart and nuanced way. I guess it would be nice for a manufacturer to take a chance on something a little different.

#34 10 months ago

Since we're considering the dead then I beg the pin gods for PHISH!

#35 10 months ago

Ronnie James Dio pin?

#36 10 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Ronnie James Dio pin?

It's probably a licensing nightmare, but I would like to see more than one band. Following Dio's career through Black Sabbath, into solo group, then maybe some oddball stuff like his cameo on Tenacious D. Even a couple Dio covers would be cool to change it up. The covers album has some great stuff.

#37 10 months ago
    Quoted from AndHart120:

Queen.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The fact we do not have a queen pin as of yet is a travesty.

#38 10 months ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

BallPin knows everything. And he supposedly told my aunt's butcher's babysitter that the next music pin would be Air Supply.

I’m All Out of Love multiball would fucking rule!

#39 10 months ago

How about a Hippie pin with songs by Pink Floyd, the Grateful Dead, Deep Purple, etc? You could throw in some black lights and fluorescent paint. In order to avoid licensing issues, you wouldn’t use images of any particular band or individual, but you could provide an MP3 player and a song list for the purchaser to make his or her own hippie mix. There are many great possibilities for toys and modes.

#40 10 months ago

I would love to see JJP do a Queen pin. I would think that most musicians would look at what they did with GnR and say "Let's do this".

#41 10 months ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

How about a Hippie pin with songs by Pink Floyd, the Grateful Dead, Deep Purple, etc? You could throw in some black lights and fluorescent paint. In order to avoid licensing issues, you wouldn’t use images of any particular band or individual, but you could provide an MP3 player and a song list for the purchaser to make his or her own hippie mix. There are many great possibilities for toys and modes.

How about Woodstock?

#42 10 months ago

I think Grateful Dead would sell well, but I don't know how well the music would translate to Pinball.

#43 10 months ago

And get ready for it!

unnamed (resized).jpg
    #44 10 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

And get ready for it!
    [quoted image]

Oh god no.

#45 10 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Ronnie James Dio pin?

The legs would be too short for a commercial pinball machine.

#46 10 months ago
    Quoted from Led-Zep-Pin:

Tired of old school rock group themed pins?
    Too Bad. Get used to it!
    Personally I love em and here are the next ones coming out in no particular order:
    Van Halen
    Queen
    Pink Floyd
    Eagles
    Def Leppard
    Rush
    I’m really curious what is your choice for a rock group pin?

Def Leppard? Shit, don't tell my wife or I'll be $9K poorer!

#47 10 months ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Def Leppard? Shit, don't tell my wife or I'll be $9K poorer!

The game you can play with one arm!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside