Rock 'n Roll

By angrysaladman

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hello all! New to the forum. Have an opportunity to pick up a Williams Rock n roll for free or maybe $50. Not sure if it works but it did work at least ten years ago... lol. Just wondering what sort of issues arise on machines of this vintage and if they are difficult to work on. Much appreciation in advance.

#2 9 years ago

Welcome. For free-$50, find out the problems later. Have a couple less drinks at the bar next time to make up that cash

#3 9 years ago

How'd you know I love booze? Can't beat free right?? What do you think worst case scenario refurbish is? I can do the work myself, lawyer with some mechanical aptitude looking for a winter hobby.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from angrysaladman:

What do you think worst case scenario refurbish is?

I think worst case is really bad, lots of expensive parts and many unobtanium...but I don't know anything aboot EMs yet, and I don't care for free.
Free game, free past forum posts, free advice here...not even a question.

#5 9 years ago

Free or $50 = go and get it now before they change their mind!!

It's worth more than that as parts.

If you can't fix it, there will be plenty of guys who will take it off your hands for $200.

rd.

#6 9 years ago

For what its worth, the machine has been in my bosses basement for the last 20 years.

#7 9 years ago

For what its worth, the machine has been in my bosses basement for the last 20 years.

You're doing him a favor then.

Ask him for some help, and a box of beers for you taking it away for him.

And maybe $20 towards your gas.

rd.

#8 9 years ago

If your bosses daughter was in the basement for the last 20 you'd jump on that wouldn't you?

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If your bosses daughter was in the basement for the last 20 you'd jump on that wouldn't you?

Is his boss Josef Fritzl ??

rd.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You're doing him a favor then

That's why I asked him what he was going to pay me for hauling the hunk of junk off!

#11 9 years ago

Buy it already!!!!!!

#12 9 years ago

Its been bought. $0.00 American. Will report on the condition once I pick it up.

#13 9 years ago

Its been bought. $0.00 American. Will report on the condition once I pick it up.

You still overpaid.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You still overpaid.

Lot of hate directed at this machine.

1 week later
#15 9 years ago

I haven't picked this machine up yet. How heavy are the old EMs?

#16 9 years ago

Good question? Maybe do a new post on how to move an EM properly to get help? Good luck.

#17 9 years ago

Well the machine is safely in my basement. Partially works. The kick outs stick sometimes.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rock-n-roll and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.