Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200507_035920 (resized).jpg
20200507_035915 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hello. I'm new to the forum and just started collecting. I have a robowar that I powered up and played a game. At the end the flippers and everything stopped working other than all the game lights are flashing. I reboot and it the targets all click then all lights flash and nothing works. Also no sound.. can any of you please help me!...

#2 3 years ago

Lots to unpack here. First off, welcome to pinside! You really hit the ground running with a fantastic hard to find game.

My suggestion would be to head over to pinwiki or pinrepair and familiarize yourself with some basic pinball repair knowledge.

For starters, these Gottlieb games are known to have horrendous grounding issues. In my (limited) experience, properly grounding the games will solve many problems.

Alternatively, start super simple. Are there credits on the machine? Are there enough balls in the trough? Are the switches in the trough activating? A game won’t start if those last two conditions aren’t met.

#3 3 years ago

I have had a similar issue on Gottliebs where it is the connector from the start button to the MPU that is not making good contact and then the start button does not work. I reseated that one and cleaned it up and it stopped the issue. I am not sure if this is it as I am unsure what the rest of the symptoms are.

The lack of free play on these games means double check that you have credits and everything mbaumle said!

#4 3 years ago

Man you guys are awesome.. I'll give the start button cleaning a try when I get home.. thank you very much!

20200507_035915 (resized).jpg20200507_035915 (resized).jpg20200507_035920 (resized).jpg20200507_035920 (resized).jpg
#5 3 years ago

I'm sure you think I'm stupid but how do I increase the credits. I just got it and the guy I purchased from said it was set up for freeplay. And I did play 3 or 4 games before everything but the lights stopped working when you turn it on...

#6 3 years ago

Throw some quarters in it! With the coin door open you should see what switches the quarters operate. Once you get some understanding about them you could trigger that switch manually or with a jumper wire but I would just open the door and drop quarters in it.

Post some pics of the inside of the coin door if the quarters don’t work. The coin mechs may be removed and someone could probably point you to which switch to trigger.

I am pretty sure that Gottliebs can’t be set on free play so maybe that is it.

#7 3 years ago

You guys are Genius's.. thank you for the help.. it was the credits had run out. Once I put a bunch of coins in wala it worked.. thanks again!

#8 3 years ago

Glad it was a simple fix, and that is a great looking Pin you have there! Enjoy it!

#9 3 years ago

Yep, glad it was something simple.
Nothing worse than getting a new pin and having problems right off the bat.
Rock that thing!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robowar-wont-start?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.