New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 274909)

Robot Themed Pinball

By Boosterfive

80 days ago

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 76 days ago by Pinball_Syd
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gamatron backglass (resized).jpg
TOP SECRET (resized).jpg
GAMATRON2 (resized).jpg
star battle (resized).jpg
98D61706-8A96-4FD0-BE54-A8B311AF1A72 (resized).jpeg
E51DAE41-6058-4259-9DDC-B96B5AB361D9 (resized).jpeg
42EC37E5-5641-488D-A347-2740EED7F4E6 (resized).jpeg
61594245348--92B432E6-9C15-459F-A77B-C150F72DC57F (resized).JPG
image-22 (resized).jpg

#1 80 days ago

Do you know of any robot, cyborg, or android themed pinball games?

I know of Gottlieb Magnotron and the Zac Robot. Also Pinbot and Bridge of Pinbot.

I found a Magnotron with a great condition back glass, but the playfield is completely worn and it looks like a TON of work. That got me wondering if there were other pins themed in a similar way.

Thank you collectively for your combined wisdom on the matter!

#2 80 days ago

Python wanted Pinbot to be a robot. And it is.

LTG : )

#3 80 days ago

Genesis has a robot as the centerpiece, based on the Maschinenmensch from Metropolis.

image-22 (resized).jpg
#4 80 days ago
#5 80 days ago

Astro- Gottlieb EM
Robo Wars

#6 80 days ago

Zaccaria Robot
-- oops I see you've listed that already

#7 80 days ago

gtb egghead has a robot on it

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=758

#8 80 days ago

Don't forget Jackbot with Pinbot and Bride.

#9 80 days ago

Lots of robots in pinball.

Party Zone
Terminator 2
Terminator 3
Pinball Pool
Cosmic Gunfight (robot horses)
Cybernaut
Robo War
RoboCop
Doctor Who (Daleks are robots, yes?)
Buck Rogers (Twiki!)
Revenge From Mars (Robot Lincoln)
Lost in Space
All 5 Star Wars pins
Austin Powers (Fembots)
Transformers

#10 80 days ago

Tz has Robby on the pf

#11 79 days ago

Pinbot

Then the rest.

#13 79 days ago

Thanks for all of the comments!

I am really impressed with all of them, but especially Cybernaut. The art work on that is next level, and the game looks fun. Too bad it seems like it is ultra rare. I got lucky on a Radical, and I doubt I get so lucky on one of those.

Thanks for all of the responses so far! Keep them coming if you know more!

#14 79 days ago

Can't get more robot than Zaccaria's "Robot".

#16 78 days ago

Magnatron's friend Duotron

61594245348--92B432E6-9C15-459F-A77B-C150F72DC57F (resized).JPG
#17 78 days ago

A few more came to mind:

Universe (Gottlieb, 1959)
Egg Head (Gottlieb 1961)
Taxi (Pinbot makes a cameo)
Astro (Gottlieb 1971)
Solar Ride (another robot horse!)
Stern TMNT (Metalhead the robot turtle makes an appearance)

Unclear:
Centigrade 37: Is the woman in the tube a robot?
Silverball Mania: Robots or just shiny people?
Xenon: Robot or alien? Or robot alien?

#19 78 days ago
Quoted from sixgill:

Magnatron's friend Duotron
[quoted image]

I'd love to find a Duotron in good condition. There was a Magnatron here, recently for sale, but the playfield was REALLY beat and the machine was working.

Thanks for the continued suggestions!

Solar ride is an interesting title with great art.

So far Magnotron / Duotron, Cybernaut, Solar Gunfight, Solar Ride, and Robot are the best, IMHO.

Added 76 days ago:

Just to correct: The Magnatron for sale was NOT working.

#20 78 days ago

Genesis has the life force robot under PF.

Rob Zombie's Spook show International has a robot.

#21 78 days ago

Funhouse. Rudy is the "amazing mechanical man".

#22 78 days ago

Technically Darth Vader is part human, part robot, so I’m going to throw our very own Hankin ESB from down under hat in the ring.

42EC37E5-5641-488D-A347-2740EED7F4E6 (resized).jpeg98D61706-8A96-4FD0-BE54-A8B311AF1A72 (resized).jpegE51DAE41-6058-4259-9DDC-B96B5AB361D9 (resized).jpeg
#23 78 days ago

Pinball Pool by Gottlieb

#24 77 days ago

Never really looked at ESB closely. It is just a wide body firepower?

#25 77 days ago
Quoted from Boosterfive:

I'd love to find a Duotron in good condition. There was a Magnatron here, recently for sale, but the playfield was REALLY beat and the machine was working.
Thanks for the continued suggestions!
Solar ride is an interesting title with great art.
So far Magnotron / Duotron, Cybernaut, Solar Gunfight, Solar Ride, and Robot are the best, IMHO.

Aw, making me feel all warm and fuzzy about my Duotron.

#26 77 days ago

some exotic pins ^^

GAMATRON2 (resized).jpgTOP SECRET (resized).jpgstar battle (resized).jpg
#27 77 days ago
Quoted from LorenZ:

some exotic pins ^^
[quoted image]

That Gamatron looks choice! Real shame it is a super rare one!

#28 77 days ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Never really looked at ESB closely. It is just a wide body firepower?

Ohh no it’s much less exciting than Firepower! No offence to Hankin either because they were pioneering pinball down under and produced some of the most beautiful cabinets and playfield artwork ever. FJ Holden, Shark, Orbit 1 to name a few more (you guys wouldn’t get Howzat... it’s about a cricketing legend)

It’s more on par with Bally Space Invaders, play wise.

But game play aside... it is some of the sweetest eye candy one can behold, particularly if you’re an SW geek, you’d loose your $h!t if you saw it IRL

Rumour has it was that the licensing fee was one finished ESB pin to be given to Lucus and they weren’t that worried about any revenue or royalties because it was a novelty idea to promote the film and was only for commercial use. Gosh not much info about this on Pinside either

#29 76 days ago
Quoted from Boosterfive:

That Gamatron looks choice! Real shame it is a super rare one!

The gamatron is a narrower version of the Flight 2000 (Stern)

There's a version made by Pinstar (a brand owned by Gary stern), and another more colorfull by the spanish brand SONIC

gamatron backglass (resized).jpg
#30 76 days ago
Quoted from Boosterfive:

Thanks for all of the comments!
I am really impressed with all of them, but especially Cybernaut. The art work on that is next level, and the game looks fun. Too bad it seems like it is ultra rare. I got lucky on a Radical, and I doubt I get so lucky on one of those.
Thanks for all of the responses so far! Keep them coming if you know more!

Not everyone likes it, but personally I really enjoyed Cybernaut while I owned one. The only reason I sold it was to raise funds for another purchase. It's really the only game on my sold list that I would buy again if given a good chance to. Its also the only pin my wife was sad to see leave. Its fun to play and the artwork is awesome. They do come around once in a while, so I hope you are able to eventually grab one.

#31 76 days ago

I think you have to include Centaur in the list. He's clearly a cyborg. Maybe the girl is, too. She has those mechanical eyes covering (replacing?) her eyes.

#32 76 days ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I think you have to include Centaur in the list. He's clearly a cyborg. Maybe the girl is, too. She has those mechanical eyes covering (replacing?) her eyes.

Yes absolutely! Can't believe I forgot that one. My friend loves that game!

#33 76 days ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Not everyone likes it, but personally I really enjoyed Cybernaut while I owned one. The only reason I sold it was to raise funds for another purchase. It's really the only game on my sold list that I would buy again if given a good chance to. Its also the only pin my wife was sad to see leave. Its fun to play and the artwork is awesome. They do come around once in a while, so I hope you are able to eventually grab one.

I can’t agree more. Have had one for 5 years and can’t see it leaving anytime soon. Theme, sounds, artwork, fun factor. Ticks allot of boxes!

My favourite part is when the last ball drains and there is closing sound effect that resembles riding an escalator on Saturn... or something nerdy like that

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside