Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chochi_ca.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

So i am having issues with my gi in my Robocop. The gi does not light and blows three fuses. I removed the gi 9 pin connector on the power supply board. My voltage readings are
24vac pin 1-4
18vac pin 5-9
I have proper voltage from the transformer 6vac to board
I tested my high speed that the gi works on and the same pins read
6vac pin 1-4
0vac pin 5-9
Any idea of what can b wrong on the board supplying the voltage? My board looks to b hacked already

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#4 7 years ago

Ok so I did some more troubleshooting. I swapped the power supply board into my high speed and the gi works. I have tried swapping my high speed into the Robocop. Same issue no gi and I lost my display. Lol. The 9 pin connector was burnt but I replaced it. I checked each pin to wire in connector and they each have continuity. So I think the connector is good. I do blow 3 fuses as soon as I turn the machine on. They blow on a separate board f2, f3 and f4(all 5amp sloblo) I believe they all are gi fuses.

#5 7 years ago

I think I have issues at my j5 connector. Every wire has been spliced. Gonna investigate.

#7 7 years ago

So I have troubleshooted more. I am getting continuity btw all male pins of cn8 with only my input 6.3v transformer supply connected. All other connection on the power supply board are detached. I even tried swapping out a transformer from my high speed... Nope. Tried my Robocop board in my high speed and it lights up the gi. So it's not the power supply board. I'm puzzled because it's only the power supply board and transformer? Or is there anything I'm overlooking possible wiring mix up of the 4 wires from transformer. I have the yellow wires hooked up to yellow and the white hooked up to the white/yellow wires from at cn9. the prints I have looked at conflict the way I have it wired????

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chochi_ca.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robocop-power-supply-gi-issues?tu=Chochi_ca and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.