View topic image gallery

IMG_20160109_094556_(resized).jpg
RoboCop_016.jpg
RoboCop_025.jpg
RoboCop_019.jpg
RoboCop_024.jpg
DSC_1614.JPG

#1 10 years ago

I recently bought a Robocop pin and thought to myself that it could use a little more in the playfield department. Especially the Ed209 toy,it’s just screaming to get upgraded. Anyone done anything to their RC pin?

#2 10 years ago

I just got one too, thinking same thing!

#3 10 years ago

We've got a robocop at work, I've looked at that playfield a lot thinking it begs for some mods. The ED-209 is understated if you ask me.

I also think over near the ramp jump, the area it says you crashed in should have like a flipped over detroit black-out taurus police car.

I'd love to see some action figures of the 3 guys you arrest too.

#4 10 years ago

There's a 3" tall ED-209 figure that comes up on e-bay that would probably work well. I've been tempted to get it, but at over $100, have never been able to pull the trigger.

There are other figures too. It's surprising how much collectible RoboCop stuff is out there!

Great game!!

#5 10 years ago

I am restoring one right now

DSC_1614.JPGDSC_1614.JPG

#6 10 years ago

One of the best things that can be done is upgrading the speakers. New woofer, crossover and a pair of these...

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=267-731

Really improves that stereo sound..... Creep!!

I also illuminated the TV plastic above the upper right pop bumper.

#7 10 years ago

robocop, brings back memories, post finish version pictures

#8 10 years ago

They are working on a remake of the film for a 2014 release. I hope they can keep the campy humor that made the original so great.

Here's a couple of photos of my RoboCop pinball. I sorta went overboard color-bombing it with GI LED's, but I sorta like how it turned out.

RoboCop_024.jpgRoboCop_024.jpg RoboCop_019.jpgRoboCop_019.jpg RoboCop_025.jpgRoboCop_025.jpg RoboCop_016.jpgRoboCop_016.jpg

#9 10 years ago

On my list of wants.

Already have the Robocop stand up full size vid, and a Robocop pachinko machine in my collection waiting for one.

'Thank you for your co-operation.'

#10 10 years ago

Looking good tullster. Do you have a list of what LEDs you used and where?

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

Looking good tullster. Do you have a list of what LEDs you used and where?

You probably know the story...It started with the pop bumpers and spread. Pinball Life had the frosted ones for .25 each 3 or 4 years ago, so I bought a bunch to try. Put green ones behind the green targets, yellow behind yellow, red behind red & blue under the ramp. Clear reds in the top rollover lanes and cool whites everywhere else. I'm not a fan of led's in the inserts, so I left them alone (although might experiment someday.... And there's got to be 20 flashers?!) Even though the GI strobing sorta bugged me, it looked cool, so I just lived with it. Eventually changed the cheap white ones with the Cointaker Retro cool whites (they're brighter & don't strobe as much).

It had a crappy display when I bought it, so I installed a Rottendog. Also, the Power supply needed going over. The speaker upgrade is a must... I used a 80hz crosser with the woofer. The upper right saucer stop needed tweaking, as did the ball lock flap. Otherwise, it's been a real solid game for me.

Gameplay is really basic, but hard to master with short ball times and a tight ramp (shut off the "continue" feature and set to hard!). Great sound effects & quotes from the movie too!

There is a model of the car out there, but I'm not sure how/where I'd put it. I do agree on the lame looking ED-209, and someday just might have to spring for that nice expensive one!!

1 week later
#13 10 years ago

Wow those LEDs look nice.

2 months later
#14 10 years ago

Anyone sell insert decals? A few of mine are in need of repair.

3 weeks later
#15 10 years ago

I need insert decals too

4 months later
#16 10 years ago

Any updates on decals?

1 year later
#17 8 years ago

Going to hollow out his two arm/cannons and put the two small red bulbs through. Should look awesome when you hit the spinner and they flash!

IMG_20160109_094556_(resized).jpgIMG_20160109_094556_(resized).jpg

3 years later
#18 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Going to hollow out his two arm/cannons and put the two small red bulbs through. Should look awesome when you hit the spinner and they flash!

[quoted image]

dirtbag66 Did you ever get this installed?? Would love to see it. Also, out of curiosity how tall is that ED-209?

#19 4 years ago

I can make some mods for RoboCop if there is interest. What do you guys want to see ? Some lighted playfield characters like Ed209 ?

6 months later
#20 3 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I can make some mods for RoboCop if there is interest. What do you guys want to see ? Some lighted playfield characters like Ed209 ?

You still up for mods? I have a period correct ED209 action figure from my childhood (1990) that I’d love to mod and replace the current ED209.

1 year later
#21 2 years ago

One mod I would love to see is a ROM code update, that allows 8 digit scoring.

Robocop's score caps out at 9,999,990 before rolling back to 0. I find this odd, since Phantom of the Opera caps out at 99,999,990 and both machines use the same hardware (version 2 board).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robocop-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.