Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Dutts
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4350 (resized).JPG
IMG_4339 (resized).JPG

#1 1 year ago

What's your opinion of RoboCop? Is it worth buying or not? What's it worth to all of you?

#2 1 year ago

Gets a liitle old playing at home, sounds and theme are very good. Layout is better than most early DE, jump ramp is difficult but fun and rewarding. Kinda hard to find, its a keeper for me. Worth about 1-1.5k depending on condition.

#3 1 year ago

In think it's worth buying it a fun game with a good theme and good rules. Call outs are also very good.

#4 1 year ago

Better than Jokerz?

#5 1 year ago

Great game, I'm not one to keep pins for very long and I've had Robocop for a while now, I consider it a keeper, just a fun and fast easy pin plus its one of my favorite movies so that helps too.

#6 1 year ago

I've only played a few games on one, and it was ok. I'd like to snag one at some point since I like the theme.

If you buy it and end up not wanting to keep it, you won't have trouble reselling it since it's somewhat desirable.

So, as long as you don't drastically overpay for it, you should be happy either way.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Better than Jokerz?

I'd say so.

RoboCop is bursting with 80s cheese, and has a great soundtrack and callouts. It's got decent gameplay too. I'd take it over Jokerz any day. The thing that absolutely kills Jokerz for me is the double your score feature. Not a fan.

#8 1 year ago

Robocop is better than jokerz. Sold mine.

#9 1 year ago

If you got a bunch of room or like to cycle games in its not a bad game, but it isn't something I could see keeping for a long time.
Hmm... Jokerz has its good points but it can't get Damn annoying with the audio

#10 1 year ago

Robocop is one of the most underrated pins of all time. Simple in design but addicting game play, great sounds, good light show. I've put mine at several locations in the past year and its consistently one of the most played pins even going up against all the brand new stern titles. If you can find one in decent or restorable shape I'd grab it fast. Prices i've seen around here (boston) are 1200-2k.

#11 1 year ago

I've had one for years and it's going nowhere. I think of it as my poor mans Iron Man. If I just have a couple of minutes, RoboCop is the game as it's fast & brutal. Some complaints that it's too easy, but if it's set it on hard (so you need to hit the targets in order instead of randomly) it is very difficult to roll the score (shut off the continue feature too!). Also, the timed shots are a rush.

Great stereo sound that becomes awesome with a speaker upgrade. The wireform that feeds the top rollovers from the plunger usually needs tweaking so the ball bounces around up there on the plunge.

Great light show & cheesy soundtrack with great one-liners from the movie.

#12 1 year ago

"Good value for cost."
Closely check the jump ramp condition.

#13 1 year ago

It's great fun and it of course helps if you are a Robocop fan. It's pretty simple - shoot the spinner with the right flipper, and the ramp from the left, and pay attention for the Ed-209 hurry up ramp shot (it's pretty tough to miss when it's lit) and you pretty much have all the strategy you need to know.

But it's got great sound and music and tons of quotes from the movie (my only complaints are no Dick Jones and not enough Boddicker!). I'd say the estimates being thrown out here are pretty low, like it or not it's a 1500-2500 game now, creeping up into T2/NBA Fastbreak territory.

Set the game up super steep, open up the right outlane, and don't bother fixing the usual right flipper hop (PAPA style!) or the game is way too easy. Set up correctly rolling it should be a challenge with you better games topping out around 6 or 7 million.

And since these threads always turn into show and tell...here's my Robocop! No leds. No mods. Kiss my ass!

IMG_4339 (resized).JPG

IMG_4350 (resized).JPG

#14 1 year ago

I like what Im hearing. Thanks for the advise.

#15 1 year ago

Robocop good.

Want one myself one day to fill in that "80s cheese" spot in the lineup. May have to settle for a hollywood heat, but would prefer Robocop.

#16 1 year ago

I owned one for a bit, my wife played it a PPM and loved it so I sought one out. It lasted a few months before I was ready to move on and she was done playing it. That was when I only had two pins though.

In hindsight, this is one of my fav DE tables. I loved the call outs and the theme (not the BG so much). It is a simpler table, so it does get old in a small collection. I wouldn't mind owning again some day now that I have a larger collection.

If you can get it between $1000 and $1200 I would go for it, its rare so its a good excuse to play on something you will likely never run into again. I drove 5 hours to get mine

#17 1 year ago

That's just begging for an alternate backglass. Never played one, but hope to at a show this year.

#18 1 year ago

Cool cheesy game. Best in a bigger collection as the gameplay gets boring but definitely worth grabbing for a decent price.

#19 1 year ago

I passed on the RoboCop. I just wasn't into. It needed alot of cosmetic replacement/cleaning. I've got so many other pin projects going I figured I'd spend my money on them or another game I really want. If I was rich then I would have picked it up. Thanks for all your imput and advice.

#20 1 year ago

I love this game, a must buy! Great music, call outs and amusing artwork. I hope to to powder coat the armour soon in a more authentic Robo metallic finish.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ballston Spa, NY
2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton , FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 89.00
Boards
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 25.00
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 59.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.00
Cabinet Parts
Pappy's Pinball Palace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside