View topic image gallery

DE G.I. (2) (resized).JPG
DE G.I. (1) (resized).JPG
IMG_7292 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7294 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7295 (resized).jpeg
#1 11 months ago

I have a Robocop with a replacement rottendog power supply. The GI wiring from the power transformer to the power supply is jacked up and so I am trying to fix it. At the transformer I have yellow and yellow/white. Looking at the diagram at the transformer it says pin 1&2 yellow/white and 3&4 yellow (which is what I have, see picture)

At the power supply connector it’s supposed to be pin 1 yellow, 2&3 yellow/white and pin 4 yellow which is what I pinned my connector to however when turned on not good things happened at the connector (the pins basically tried to arc and snap off the power supply pcb. So before I continue further, can anyway verify their robocop?

IMG_7292 (resized).jpegIMG_7292 (resized).jpegIMG_7293 (resized).jpegIMG_7293 (resized).jpegIMG_7294 (resized).jpegIMG_7294 (resized).jpegIMG_7295 (resized).jpegIMG_7295 (resized).jpeg
#2 11 months ago

looking at the Robocop schematic I see transformer lugs 1 & 2 are Yellow & 3 & 4 are Yellow/White.

on page 33 it shows CN9 as a sectioned rectangle which I believe is wrong.

CN9 on the PCB 1 & 3 are Yellow which go to a 4 pin connector as pins 1 & 2 being Yellow.
CN9 on the PCB 2 & 4 are White which go to the same connector as pins 3 & 4 being White.

on page 43 it shows CN9 (Input) as 1 & 3 the same and 2 & 4 the same, then (Out) CN8 being 4 chains of G.I.

hope the pics help
DE G.I. (1) (resized).JPGDE G.I. (1) (resized).JPG
DE G.I. (2) (resized).JPGDE G.I. (2) (resized).JPG

#3 11 months ago

Thank you for the clarification on this! Am i safe to assume the plug at the transformer (my 2nd picture) is wired correctly with the two yellows going to two yellows, and the yellow/whites going to the white wires? I guess my question is does yellow/white on the after its gone through the cabinet end up going to pins 2/4 on the power supply?

#4 11 months ago

I'd say yes, but you can also check by powering her up and using your multimeter on AC, check you have 2 chains of 6 Volts.

Doing this with the plug apart, before it goes into the power supply, and probing yellow and yellow/white.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.