IMG_7293 (resized).jpeg
20230813_172213 (resized).jpg
MPU004.pdf (PDF preview)
Pinside_forum_7704045_0 (resized).jpg
20230807_161942 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-08-07 at 7.45.08 AM (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-08-07 at 6.49.04 AM (resized).jpg
16913159548263188604343872213635 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bulkoftheseries.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 8 years ago

I am a new member of this club as well.

I am looking to do LEDs and I also need a set of plastics and (perhaps most importantly) the two red and blue plastic inserts in the corner of the backglass. Do these ever turn up?

#46 8 years ago

How much should my spinner be spinning when I hit it with a solid shot?

I feel like mine isn't spinning as much as it should. How do you clean a spinner? What keeps them from spinning smoothly?

1 month later
#49 8 years ago
Quoted from cyroute:

I'm in the club picked one up last weekend not the deepest game but man do I love the theme. Started doing some led's on it and it looks so nice need some sling plastics and the center plastic like all the others it seems.
Hey Bulk I was thinking the same thing I don't get a bunch of spins out of mine not like the video I saw it seemed like that one spun forever and gave lots of points.
Joe

Dude, the LEDs make a massive difference. Mine looks great now. I've had some trouble getting the POLICE lights under the ramp to come on. IDK when they are actually supposed to fire off or what.

As far as the spinner I hit it with some super lube and it has improved but still isnt quite to where the one in the video is. I believe mine is still a little bent (not square). I was unable to get it perfectly square but it has improved enough to make a huge difference in scores.

For the LED pattern I copied what TNT did in their youtube video with a few minor changes (swapping whites in for blues) in the backglass.

20150605_214639.jpg20150605_214639.jpg

#51 8 years ago
Quoted from cyroute:

Yeah yours does look nice! I did the backglass in led's and all I can say is WOW! I have an original backglass with the red and blue at the top and man does it look nice LED'd out. I need to now do something with the spinner I might try a new spinner or maybe some lube.
Not sure about the police lights i dont remember them ever coming on I will have to look at mine.
Joe

20150628_074037.jpg 20150628_074015.jpg

Dude, I need those upper plastic pieces badly. IDK what to do, cut some automotive plastic light covers down to size or what? Is it about that thick of plastic?

As for your lower PF get some frosted whites under those plastics man! lookin good!

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from Benobutton:

Police lights usually come on when you light the ed-209 and you have 20-30 secs to hit the ramp shot

Awesome, thanks. Mine are not doing this. May have to mess with it some more...

Quoted from cyroute:

I will pull my glass out tomorrow and try to get some more details for you about the plastics. The LED's are still a work in progress but it looks great in person. I just love this pin and the sound with a sub is awesome!
Joe

Thanks a million. I'm relatively sure I can come up with an alternative to the original pieces.

5 months later
#67 8 years ago

I turned mine on last night and one of the pop bumpers is 'stuck'. I immediately shut it off.

I'm pretty sure it's a bumper as the score was just running up and that sound associated with bumper hits was pinging like crazy. What should I look for here?

2 months later
#127 8 years ago
Quoted from Gerrard17:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-display-into-data-east-game
Just linking across - trying to get the display sorted for my Robocop..

I bought the Rottendog display for $200 as mine was partially outgassed.

It was a super easy swap and now I'll never have to worry about the display again. I understand if you want to avoid the $$ but I was happy to do it for a permanent solution.

3 weeks later
#156 8 years ago

I'm missing the test switch on the inside of the coin door. It appear to all still be wired up, but the plastic button itself is broken and/or gone.

Where can I find this little button? I would really like to have one so that I can operate my test functions.

#159 8 years ago
Quoted from Gerrard17:

Could anyone please post a picture of the service button wiring?

I need to see this too. I have a total missing button.

#160 8 years ago

Hey!

If anyone needs scorecards you can print these. They're free and a massive upgrade.

I went with #2 version, I think maybe it fits the machine aesthetics better? IDK.

http://pinballboy.com/search?q=robocop&f_collectionId=568d3f1469a91a2847f91e62

I printed on 4x6 glossy paper. Looks great.

1 month later
#172 8 years ago

Hazoff, sharp looking Robo. You went darker with the lighting than I did. How did you get the red and blue in the corners of the backglass? Did you have the plastic pieces already?

Here's a pic of mine.

20150605_214639_(resized).jpg20150605_214639_(resized).jpg

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I put spotlights on all my pins and they really help with Robocop, highly recommended.
DSC02895_(resized).JPG
DSC02896_(resized).JPG
DSC02898_(resized).JPG
DSC02899_(resized).JPG

Is that what is throwing that blue light on the green bank in the 3rd picture? I was just contemplating spotlights for my Shadow. I want (need) to better illuminate the Battlefield upper pf.

Keep me posted on the how-to and results of the ED209 scenario.

One thing I have noticed is that my P O L I C E lights don't do anything, seemingly ever. I have a broken-off test switch button so I havent been able to cycle the lights individually. When do yours illuminate?

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

No its a 7 led blue strip aimed out from behind the targets on the green bank, you would notice the Police lights if they were working, it happens quite a bit during an arrest mode and ED209 mode as well, something is wrong.

ahh ok. I need to get my test switch figured out. The plastic portion is broken away, and I haven't messed with it much. That'd be step one I assume. It'd kick me an error potentially, right?

1 week later
#180 8 years ago

Turned the game on today and the left flipper is doing something funky.
First I should stay it still works fine, flings the ball quite well.
The first symptom I noticed is that the flipper button isn't cycling through the lights at the top lanes.
When I posted a high score it was flying through the letters of the alphabet. Sounds like something is 'stuck' or 'stuck open?'
Not sure where to start here.

7 months later
#198 7 years ago
Quoted from Robbie_UK:

Thanks, mine is the same... would be interested if someone has come up with a good fix
Rob

Mine has the same issue.

I think it is just a thing, but would love to make it go away

#200 7 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Mine does not do this, what angle are you setting the Robocop at?

6.5%

1 year later
#250 6 years ago

I'd love to get my hands on that pin that keeps the ball from resting on the pop bumper area. Really a huge PITA when trying to play with a group.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bulkoftheseries.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robocop-club-if-you-own-one-or-use-to?tu=bulkoftheseries and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.