IMG_7293 (resized).jpeg
20230813_172213 (resized).jpg
MPU004.pdf (PDF preview)
Pinside_forum_7704045_0 (resized).jpg
20230807_161942 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-08-07 at 7.45.08 AM (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-08-07 at 6.49.04 AM (resized).jpg
16913159548263188604343872213635 (resized).jpg
There are 1,953 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 40.
#401 4 years ago
Quoted from Thehipster:

I think I see what you mean. Where the tip of a purple wire is showing but there doesn't seem to be anything coming out of the bottom. Am I oorrect?
I am off to work before the UK goes into lock down.

Hold the phone!!!! Thank you guys. Problem solved. It always amazes me how simple things can cause so many problems. It WAS the loose wire and it was from the connector point that Kba identified. All looking good now.

#402 4 years ago

Great, glad to help

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Here is a PPB scan. I'm surprised it scanned as well as it did because this drawing measures 3" x 3" on the page. Your violet wires are all listed here.
There is a violet/ gray in here. But I don't see voilet/white listed anywhere.
[quoted image]

I am gonna save this cottonm4. It has scanned really well as you say.

#404 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Here is a PPB scan. I'm surprised it scanned as well as it did because this drawing measures 3" x 3" on the page. Your violet wires are all listed here.
There is a violet/ gray in here. But I don't see voilet/white listed anywhere.
[quoted image]

I just spotted the top left flasher on this schematic. I was reading it upside down. And it was the place that I reconnected the wire. Thanks again.

#405 4 years ago

Thought I would share my custom topper. Flashes with the red and blue squares on the backglass

IMG_20200321_174645 (resized).jpgIMG_20200321_174645 (resized).jpg
#406 4 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

Thought I would share my custom topper. Flashes with the red and blue squares on the backglass[quoted image]

I was considering something like that but never could come up with the red and blue plastic bubbles. Care to share how you built this? Its looks great!

#407 4 years ago

I bought these mini light bar lenses. They were slightly too long so I cut about and inch or so of one end of each.
Then I had a spare piece of plexiglass and heated it to form the same contour of the lenses, painted it metallic silver. Added 12v light strips, ordered ocp decal online and fastened it all together.
Wired the led strips in to the flashers with a z connector so topper can be easily removed. No permanent damage to the game.

Not sure I am crazy about the led strips as you can see the reflection, so I might explore different lighting methods. But all in all, I think it came out pretty cool. Kind of a last action hero rip off, but none the less, cool.

When I bought the lenses off eBay, the seller only one blue left ( which I bought). Now I just looked and reds are gone too. Only Amber left. It's called a a mini light bar lenses 9200 series, might have to do some digging around to find them

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

I bought these mini light bar lenses. They were slightly too long so I cut about and inch or so of one end of each.
Then I had a spare piece of plexiglass and heated it to form the same contour of the lenses, painted it metallic silver. Added 12v light strips, ordered ocp decal online and fastened it all together.
Wired the led strips in to the flashers with a z connector so topper can be easily removed. No permanent damage to the game.
Not sure I am crazy about the led strips as you can see the reflection, so I might explore different lighting methods. But all in all, I think it came out pretty cool. Kind of a last action hero rip off, but none the less, cool.
When I bought the lenses off eBay, the seller only one blue left ( which I bought). Now I just looked and reds are gone too. Only Amber left. It's called a a mini light bar lenses 9200 series, might have to do some digging around to find them

Thank you.

Where are you tapping in for the 12v ?

#409 4 years ago

The flashers on the backbox door.

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

Great, glad to help

I thought I would share a gif to show that all was up and running after replacing the violet/grey wire into the connector but I can't get it to run sorry..

gif (resized).pnggif (resized).png
#411 4 years ago
Quoted from Thehipster:

I thought I would share a gif to show that all was up and running after replacing the violet/grey wire into the connector but I can't get it to run sorry..[quoted image]

I think you first havre to post your video to youtube and then link the YT vid to pinside.

#412 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I think you first havre to post your video to youtube and then link the YT vid to pinside.

When you upload a gif have to pick gif in drop down menu

Screenshot_20200323-125537_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200323-125537_Chrome (resized).jpg
#413 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

When you upload a gif have to pick gif in drop down menu[quoted image]

I had to resize the gif but I think I have got the hang of it now. Learning something new everyday from you guys.

flashergif.gifflashergif.gif
#414 4 years ago

Plastic sets for Robocop back in stock.

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/robocop-plastics-set/

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from Thehipster:

I had to resize the gif but I think I have got the hang of it now. Learning something new everyday from you guys.[quoted image]

I'm watching your video and when I did install a flasher bulb in mine I recall now that it was always on and did not blink. That would be the reason I had a hole get bulb-burned on that left ramp plastic. Now I am thinking I may have installed the wrong bulb.

#416 4 years ago

These are what is on my Robocop. Or at least, some that look like those. They look nice, however, they looked washed out when you have the lights on. They do the job and look OK but the blue is not quite as rich when they are lit up.

But I would still buy them if I needed them

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

These are what is on my Robocop. Or at least, some that look like those. They look nice, however, they looked washed out when you have the lights on. They do the job and look OK but the blue is not quite as rich when they are lit up.

I have had a set on back order / their waiting list for about three months and I purchased a set this morning.

My plastics are just about done so they will be far better than what I have. From the set I won't install the flipper lane plastics as they are the first to go. My ramp sign is in two pieces which are glued and taped together (funny though it looks okay) so I might change that, might not. My yellow target plastic has been moved so much without taking all of the screws out that the decal has pulled away from the plastic so I will swap that (and it has faded from even the lighter blue that it was when it was replaced first time round (not by me)). I will keep the other pieces for when I sell the pin, which will be NEVER.

I managed to crack the corner of the 'graffiti wall' plastic (not in the mini set) but it happened in such a way that it turned the corner into a concave curve which fits the place I have it on the pin fine.

I don't know how the guys who make these things can't get the depth of colour right. Maybe someone can tell me the process. I have original pieces of plastic all over mine that could be sampled and used to get that colour restored.

Although because this pin is getting rarer (some people on these forums will be quick to point out NOT THAT RARE) these plastics will disappear soon. When you think I paid £134.00 ($159.00 US) for a alpha numeric 16 digit display £67.00 ($80.00US) shipped is quite a lot to pay for these plastics.
graffiti wall plastic (resized).jpggraffiti wall plastic (resized).jpgleft flipper bumper plastic (resized).jpgleft flipper bumper plastic (resized).jpgleft flipper lane plastic (resized).jpgleft flipper lane plastic (resized).jpgramp plastic (resized).jpgramp plastic (resized).jpgramp plastic rear (resized).jpgramp plastic rear (resized).jpgright flipper lane plastic (resized).jpgright flipper lane plastic (resized).jpgyellow target plastic (resized).jpgyellow target plastic (resized).jpg

#418 4 years ago
Quoted from Thehipster:

Although because this pin is getting rarer (some people on these forums will be quick to point out NOT THAT RARE)

Maybe not that rare, but they are not all that easy to find. And they are mean ass players. 1500 were produced. If half of them did not survive the years then you are looking at (just a guess) 700 left. Spread around the world.

#419 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

3 homemade, broken and one original broken and the ramp sign is missing. So I take what I can get and will make lexan protection for them.

20200325_092830 (resized).jpg20200325_092830 (resized).jpg
#420 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

3 homemade, broken and one original broken and the ramp sign is missing. So I take what I can get and will make lexan protection for them.[quoted image]

Lexan protectors cannot hurt. My Robo used to have lots of air balls. I mean some real air balls. It was thrilling for about 5 minutes. After that it is just a pain in the ass. Air balls are what get that banner going across the ramp broken.

I cured the air ball problem and recommend this for anybody. All it is is a defector that screws down on the plastic at the lower pop bumper. Put one of these on and no more airballs and no more broken plastics.

IMG_3256 (resized).JPGIMG_3256 (resized).JPG

#421 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Lexan protectors cannot hurt. My Robo used to have lots of air balls. I mean some real air balls. It was thrilling for about 5 minutes. After that it is just a pain in the ass. Air balls are what get that banner going across the ramp broken.
I cured the air ball problem and recommend this for anybody. All it is is a defector that screws down on the plastic at the lower pop bumper. Put one of these on and no more airballs and no more broken plastics.
[quoted image]

The first time I saw this I thought it was a great idea but I couldn't find the material in the UK for a reasonable price.

#424 4 years ago
Quoted from Thehipster:

Bought it. Thanks.

Great. When you make it just trace out that plastic at the pop bumper and extend it out 1.5" or 38mm beyond. I tried using one that only extended about 1" because I would really like to have one that did not kick out so far, but it did not work as well. If you have been having air ball problems you will notice the change immediately.

#425 4 years ago

I have finally lit my ramp jump cop car. It is lit by matrix leds from Comet Pinball and connected to the corner white 44 lamp with a bayonet matrix adapter which has a white flex led in it that you don't lose the original lamp effect in the corner.
I am waiting for a small blue led to place on top. I placed a small piece of mirror tile vinyl sheet under the red 'Dick Jones in custody' light which reflects what is blocked by the car for people who are not as tall as myself. It is just a bit of fun but I like it.
copcar-ramp-jump.gifcopcar-ramp-jump.gif

#426 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Great. When you make it just trace out that plastic at the pop bumper and extend it out 1.5" or 38mm beyond. I tried using one that only extended about 1" because I would really like to have one that did not kick out so far, but it did not work as well. If you have been having air ball problems you will notice the change immediately.

Will do thanks for the tip.

#427 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

3 homemade, broken and one original broken and the ramp sign is missing. So I take what I can get and will make lexan protection for them.[quoted image]

Hey gdonoven, I just saw your picture with the homemade playfield plastics and noticed that you have a clear plastic on the ramp that says RoboCop. I don't know if you realize, but that is a RoboCop keyfob, not supposed to be on the ramp. Actually kind of hard to come by

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

Hey gdonoven, I just saw your picture with the homemade playfield plastics and noticed that you have a clear plastic on the ramp that says RoboCop. I don't know if you realize, but that is a RoboCop keyfob, not supposed to be on the ramp. Actually kind of hard to come by

Yes, been unscrewed since that pic was taken

#429 4 years ago

I lit my flying cop car with a blue light. I think it looks okay

IMG_20200327_183512 (resized).jpgIMG_20200327_183512 (resized).jpg
#430 4 years ago

On mine, I've backlit the coolest plastic on the game!

The strategy I always use when playing it is... Get your two arrests locked and enable the third then, complete ED209 and shoot the ramp. You get the million for Ed 209 and start Multiball.

IMG_1485 (resized).jpgIMG_1485 (resized).jpg
#431 4 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

Get your two arrests locked and enable the third then,

What do you mean by "enable the third", please?

I go for getting all three locked, start multi ball and try real hard hard to get the Jackpot as soon as the first ball passes in front of the left hand flipper.

#432 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What do you mean by "enable the third", please?
I go for getting all three locked, start multi ball and try real hard hard to get the Jackpot as soon as the first ball passes in front of the left hand flipper.

- Complete two sets of targets and lock two balls (arrest two guys).
- Complete the 3rd target/s to enable the 3rd lock (3rd arrest).
- Before you shoot the ramp, complete the targets needed to light ED209.
- You'll have your last criminal/lock AND ED209 lit at the same time with the timer going.
- Try to shoot the ramp before time runs out to get ED209 Million AND complete the criminals/3rd ball lock starting multiball.
- Make the shot and you'll get the fanfare/light show of Ed 209 million AND multiball start. Then try to get your multiball million!
- Miss the shot and you still get multiball start.

Not as easy as it sounds when the pressure is on!

#433 4 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

- Complete two sets of targets and lock two balls (arrest two guys).
- Complete the 3rd target/s to enable the 3rd lock (3rd arrest).
- Before you shoot the ramp, complete the targets needed to light ED209.
- You'll have your last criminal/lock AND ED209 lit at the same time with the timer going.
- Try to shoot the ramp before time runs out to get ED209 Million AND complete the criminals/3rd ball lock starting multiball.
- Make the shot and you'll get the fanfare/light show of Ed 209 million AND multiball start. Then try to get your multiball million!
- Miss the shot and you still get multiball start.
Not as easy as it sounds when the pressure is on!

OK. Thank you. I have done that. Score ED209, get multi-ball and get the jackpot. It is a good feeling.

Do you know the answer for this: There is a mode where "Everything is lit." comes up on the display. Other than trying to score the extra ball, I really do not know what one is supposed to in 15 seconds with "Everything is lit".

My main frustration is to send a bell up the right hand Robocop, light up ED209, only to have the ball get shot from the saucer, only to wind up getting stuck in the pops as your 15 seconds gets wasted in the pops.

And do you know what action turns on the extra ball lights in the inland/outlanes?

#434 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

OK. Thank you. I have done that. Score ED209, get multi-ball and get the jackpot. It is a good feeling.
Do you know the answer for this: There is a mode where "Everything is lit." comes up on the display. Other than trying to score the extra ball, I really do not know what one is supposed to in 15 seconds with "Everything is lit".
My main frustration is to send a bell up the right hand Robocop, light up ED209, only to have the ball get shot from the saucer, only to wind up getting stuck in the pops as your 15 seconds gets wasted in the pops.
And do you know what action turns on the extra ball lights in the inland/outlanes?

I know that extra ball lights if I complete x5 multiplyer and then one extra by lighting the three 209 lanes again and I have it set at extra ball at 2.6 million score.

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

On mine, I've backlit the coolest plastic on the game!
The strategy I always use when playing it is... Get your two arrests locked and enable the third then, complete ED209 and shoot the ramp. You get the million for Ed 209 and start Multiball.[quoted image]

I love this idea but I have had a look at where it is located on the playfield and it does not appear to be in an area where it would be easy to light. How did you do it?

#436 4 years ago

I took a trip from this guy who brought a really trashed Robocop back to life. He got a Brady Bunch TV from Ebay. I liked what I saw and had to copy the idea.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robocop-back-from-the-dead

Mine is lit up using some parts from Comet Pinball. Comet's Matrix wiring makes adding new lights super easy. I hookup to a light that sits under the ramp.

IMG_3293 (resized).JPGIMG_3293 (resized).JPGIMG_3291 (resized).JPGIMG_3291 (resized).JPG

#437 4 years ago

On the Robocop I had at the time, I took the "I'll buy that for a dollar"
plastic set piece and pitched it so the viewer could see it.
Today, it is neat to see the mods that are available.

#438 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

On the Robocop I had at the time, I took the "I'll buy that for a dollar"
plastic set piece and pitched it so the viewer could see it.
Today, it is neat to see the mods that are available.

I took on board your relocation idea for the TV. Did you do this?

IMG_20200331_102454 (resized).jpgIMG_20200331_102454 (resized).jpgIMG_20200331_102518 (resized).jpgIMG_20200331_102518 (resized).jpg
#439 4 years ago

Yup!

#440 4 years ago

Can someone do me a favor and let me know how long the robocop entry ramp sign wire supports are? I have to make a pair for when my replacement plastics kit comes in.

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Can someone do me a favor and let me know how long the robocop entry ramp sign wire supports are? I have to make a pair for when my replacement plastics kit comes in.

From the center of the attachment rivet to the center of the eyelet for screwing to there ramp, the wire measures 2.80".

#442 4 years ago

It was a cool idea so thanks for that. Just ordered a cool white spot light for behind it. The bracket on the spot should sit on the now freed up spacer. Fingers crossed.

#443 4 years ago

These pics are slightly out of focus but it shows the lit 'buy that for a dollar' TV.

dollar3 (resized).jpgdollar3 (resized).jpgdollar2 (resized).jpgdollar2 (resized).jpgdollar1 (resized).jpegdollar1 (resized).jpeg
#444 4 years ago

Excellent!

#445 4 years ago

Anyone order plastics have their parcel scanned and processed at the Landmark facility and no further activity? Just curious as mine was scanned and processed 3/30/20 and there has been nothing since.

Not panicking as package is not due till 4/20/20 but was curious if this is normal.

#446 4 years ago

Mine is exactly the same. And also not due to be here till the 20th

#447 4 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

Mine is exactly the same. And also not due to be here till the 20th

Ok, so their tracking is probably no better than USPS.

#448 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Ok, so their tracking is probably no better than USPS.

I'm actually wondering if tracking status stops, once it reaches us soil. It's happened to me before, but usually I can track it on a different carrier site like Fed ex or UPS

#449 4 years ago
Quoted from Thehipster:

These pics are slightly out of focus but it shows the lit 'buy that for a dollar' TV.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does anyone have an extra Id buy that for a dollar plastic in any condition? I noticed mine doesn't have it?!?

#450 4 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

I'm actually wondering if tracking status stops, once it reaches us soil. It's happened to me before, but usually I can track it on a different carrier site like Fed ex or UPS

Update:

"Grouped when pallet scanned to crossing (OSM 1)"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,953 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robocop-club-if-you-own-one-or-use-to/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.