IMG_7293 (resized).jpeg
20230813_172213 (resized).jpg
MPU004.pdf (PDF preview)
Pinside_forum_7704045_0 (resized).jpg
20230807_161942 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-08-07 at 7.45.08 AM (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-08-07 at 6.49.04 AM (resized).jpg
16913159548263188604343872213635 (resized).jpg
There are 1,953 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 40.
#1651 1 year ago

They are all led flashers thankfully!

Thanks for confirming that behavior is not correct. A well known tech in my area told me that so I needed to check. Any idea what would cause that?

#1652 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

They are all led flashers thankfully!
Thanks for confirming that behavior is not correct. A well known tech in my area told me that so I needed to check. Any idea what would cause that?

What version of the ROM are you using? Is it the latest version (3.4) or an earlier version?

#1653 1 year ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

What version of the ROM are you using? Is it the latest version (3.4) or an earlier version?

Looks like mine are 3.0 so I need to update them

#1654 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Looks like mine are 3.0 so I need to update them

I know that some earlier ROM versions had some glitches that could cause such issues. If the tech said it was normal, then it probably was on version 3.0. Definitely not normal on version 3.4 (released in 2002).

#1655 1 year ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

I know that some earlier ROM versions had some glitches that could cause such issues. If the tech said it was normal, then it probably was on version 3.0. Definitely not normal on version 3.4 (released in 2002).

I ordered the new rom last night. Thanks!

#1656 1 year ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

You made me wonder what version was in my Robocop. Weird that it says 3.5 on bootup.

#1657 1 year ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

You made me wonder what version was in my Robocop. Weird that it says 3.5 on bootup.

That's odd! It's possible that it could be a mod update.

#1658 1 year ago

Had some holographic arrow decals made! I’ll get one installed and photos taken, but I plan on offering some up for sale if it looks good installed and people want it. Probably $5 shipped but not sure yet.

31BB824E-97DF-4B1A-A438-060C043F4EDA (resized).jpeg31BB824E-97DF-4B1A-A438-060C043F4EDA (resized).jpeg
#1659 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Had some holographic arrow decals made! I’ll get one installed and photos taken, but I plan on offering some up for sale if it looks good installed and people want it. Probably $5 shipped but not sure yet.
[quoted image]

I'm a buyer !

#1660 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

[quoted image]

Definitely interested!

#1661 1 year ago

I'm in, for sure

#1662 1 year ago

I think it looks pretty sweet! Doesn’t stand out too much but has a neat effect

47B07D45-4E8D-43FB-9283-329D8933DCCC (resized).jpeg47B07D45-4E8D-43FB-9283-329D8933DCCC (resized).jpegB99C1EE7-7B49-42E2-B86D-62ADA2336C4E (resized).jpegB99C1EE7-7B49-42E2-B86D-62ADA2336C4E (resized).jpegFD744651-99DA-4B9C-80E4-C25C3950D9A2 (resized).jpegFD744651-99DA-4B9C-80E4-C25C3950D9A2 (resized).jpeg
#1663 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I think it looks pretty sweet! Doesn’t stand out too much but has a neat effect
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm definitely a buyer !

#1664 1 year ago

If you’re interested in a sticker just pm me your name and address. $5 shipped in the US in a normal envelope and it will be sandwiched in a thin card stock.

I can ship in a bubble mailer with thicker cardboard but that would be a little more expensive. Thanks!

#1665 1 year ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

I’ve got the newest rom installed that the left kick out, flashers, and the furthest right segments on the display lock on for a couple seconds.

Doesn’t seem to be affecting the game but that can’t be good for it long term. And suggestions what this could be?

#1666 1 year ago

So my Left slingshot is dead. checked the coil and it reads fine. checked transistor and it reads nothing, not even a short. So I replaced the transistor and I swapped in a new coil just to be safe. I turn the game on and start a game, right when I hit the left sling switch the transistor literally explodes. never had this happen so curious if anyone had an idea. I can get pics later today

#1667 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

So my Left slingshot is dead. checked the coil and it reads fine. checked transistor and it reads nothing, not even a short. So I replaced the transistor and I swapped in a new coil just to be safe. I turn the game on and start a game, right when I hit the left sling switch the transistor literally explodes. never had this happen so curious if anyone had an idea. I can get pics later today

All i can tell you is that my pops all went dead. I broke my butt learning to read the DE schematics and replaced gobs of transistors. I finally had to send the board out to Borygard to get it fixed.

1 week later
#1668 1 year ago

Here is my Robocop pair both finally finished and running 100%.

66861D9C-30B7-4B21-9F9B-7F06A3895191 (resized).jpeg66861D9C-30B7-4B21-9F9B-7F06A3895191 (resized).jpeg
#1669 1 year ago
Quoted from MrDark:

Here is my Robocop pair both finally finished and running 100%.
[quoted image]

I have a Robocop video game manual if you need one.

2 weeks later
#1670 1 year ago

Just joined the club! Playfield has some rough spots and broken plastics but I don't come across many robos for sale here in Ontario, Canada. Gonna set it up tomorrow. Cheers!

PXL_20220928_022528224.jpgPXL_20220928_022528224.jpg
#1671 1 year ago
Quoted from gregcube:

and broken plastics

Most likely these are the broken plastics you need.

https://www.pinballlife.com/data-east-robocop-5-piece-plastic-set.html

And if you have broken plastics it most likely means this Robocop is suffering from airballs. The airball issue has been addressed and can be fixed.

post # 898

post #1213

post #1308

post #1324 .....I made this wood block and no more airballs.

This is the most comprehensive manual for maintaining/ repairing Robocop. My score display went black not long after I got my Robocop. This manual told me why my display went black and more importantly told me how to fix the display and gave the part numbers, too !

http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/desega/index1.htm#why

#1672 1 year ago

Nice! Thanks for the links and info cottonm4

#1673 1 year ago
Quoted from gregcube:

Nice! Thanks for the links and info cottonm4

One more thing: I find this link for Robo repairs so comprehensive that I printed it out and placed the pages in plastic in a 3-ring binder.

#1674 1 year ago

My girlfriend thought she could fix the spot where the ball commonly gets stuck between the post and center bumper by using tape. She taped the bumper down and that obviously fried the transistor and blew the coil/ melted the sleeve. Stunk up the place pretty bad. I had the board repaired and the transistor tests good now; also replaced the coil, but the center bumper still doesn't work. And now the right bumper and left sling are not working either. The right bumper and left sling did work once in a switch test then stopped. Now I'm checking fuses and the manual has me confused.

From the manual:

PPB Board:
F1 5A Slo-Blo G.I. 6.3VAC
F2 5A Slo-Blo G.I. 6.3VAC
F3 5A Slo-Blo G.I. 6.3VAC
F4 5A Slo-Blo G.I. 6.3VAC
F5 5A Slo-Blo Flipper Power 48VAC
F6 3A Slo-Blo PPB Solenoids/Flash Lamps (34VDC)

Power Supply Board:
F1 7A Slo-Blo + 5VDC Regulator Input (9VAC)
F2 7A Slo-Blo +5VDC Regulator Input (9VAC)
F3 0.25A Slo-Blo Display Reg. Input (90VAC)
F4 8A Slo-Blo Switched Illumination Buss (18VDC)
F5 4A Slo-Blo Solenoid Buss (34VDC)
F6 5A Slo-Blo Solenoid Buss (34VDC)

Fiive individual fuses for the Turbo Bumpers and Slingshots- 2.5A Slo-Blo.

I can locate all the fuse holders on the PPB and Power Supply Board but where are these 5 individual fuses for the turbo bumpers and slingshots that are supposed to be 2.5A? I'm a total noob when it comes to this stuff. I'm hoping I just blew a fuse and can replace them. I believe F5 on the Power Supply Board was over-fused with a 7.5A and that's' why the Q9 transistor blew. I put a 3A in there to test after getting the board repaired but that didn't seem to do anything. I'm ordering all the correct fuses now.

The schematic on page 35 in the manual also shows CN19 and the drive transistors Q8-Q12 using 2.5A slo-blo's. So where are these 2.5A fuses located? What am I missing? Help me understand. Thanks for your help.

#1675 1 year ago
Quoted from gregcube:

My girlfriend thought she could fix the spot where the ball commonly gets stuck between the post and center bumper by using tape. She taped the bumper down and that obviously fried the transistor and blew the coil/ melted the sleeve. Stunk up the place pretty bad. I had the board repaired and the transistor tests good now; also replaced the coil, but the center bumper still doesn't work. And now the right bumper and left sling are not working either. The right bumper and left sling did work once in a switch test then stopped. Now I'm checking fuses and the manual has me confused.
From the manual:

I can locate all the fuse holders on the PPB and Power Supply Board but where are these 5 individual fuses for the turbo bumpers and slingshots that are supposed to be 2.5A? I'm a total noob when it comes to this stuff. I'm hoping I just blew a fuse and can replace them. I believe F5 on the Power Supply Board was over-fused with a 7.5A and that's' why the Q9 transistor blew. I put a 3A in there to test after getting the board repaired but that didn't seem to do anything. I'm ordering all the correct fuses now.
The schematic on page 35 in the manual also shows CN19 and the drive transistors Q8-Q12 using 2.5A slo-blo's. So where are these 2.5A fuses located? What am I missing? Help me understand. Thanks for your help.

I had a pop go out and tried to fix it. I would up taking out the other two pops, as well. I replaced a lot of transistors and still did not solve the problem. I finally sent my board out to a pinsider named Borygard.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/borygard

The fuses for the pops and slings are in the upper right side of the back box. I am not sure, but I think there were some Robocops that did not have these fused harnesses.

I don't know where you can buy one of these harnesses, but one can be built easily enough.

IMG_1512 (resized).JPGIMG_1512 (resized).JPG

#1676 1 year ago

Oh, wow! I can't believe I missed those. I did not see them at all. And 3 of them are cooked. Could be my problem! Thanks! You've been a big help.

EDIT: Back up and running!

#1677 1 year ago
Quoted from gregcube:

Oh, wow! I can't believe I missed those. I did not see them at all. And 3 of them are cooked. Could be my problem! Thanks! You've been a big help.
EDIT: Back up and running!

Good. Now show us some pics of your Robocop in playing stance.

#1678 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Good. Now show us some pics of your Robocop in playing stance.

Here ya go!

Now I just gotta fix that problem spot where the ball gets caught; I see a couple solutions in this thread I'm gonna try out.

PXL_20221001_170746692 (resized).jpgPXL_20221001_170746692 (resized).jpg

PXL_20221002_034151586 (resized).jpgPXL_20221002_034151586 (resized).jpg
#1679 1 year ago
Quoted from gregcube:

Now I just gotta fix that problem spot where the ball gets caught

My memory fails me. Where is the ball getting caught?

#1680 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

My memory fails me. Where is the ball getting caught?

The balls rests between the center bumper and post. I see some paperclip solutions or something like this https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-5650-00

#1681 1 year ago
Quoted from gregcube:

The balls rests between the center bumper and post. I see some paperclip solutions or something like this https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-5650-00

Oh yeah. That spring is actually for a Simpsons pin but it is what you need. You will have to drill a hole for it. The spring arm could actually be about 1/8" longer for perfection, but if you turn down the tip of the arm just a little bit it helps 100%.

#1682 1 year ago
Quoted from gregcube:

Another option is to replace the rubber on the post with a silcone rubber (pinball life sells them). The ball rarely ever get stuck and when it does, a light nudge will free it.

#1683 1 year ago

New plastics, one new flipper (and button), and a little bit of elbow grease. Cleaned up pretty good. Anyone know where I can get new OCP decals for the bumpers, and maybe a new down arrow? Also installed NVRAM -- anyPin DMD+

PXL_20221010_020707931 (resized).jpgPXL_20221010_020707931 (resized).jpg
#1684 1 year ago
Quoted from gregcube:

New plastics, one new flipper (and button), and a little bit of elbow grease. Cleaned up pretty good. Anyone know where I can get new OCP decals for the bumpers, and maybe a new down arrow? Also installed NVRAM -- anyPin DMD+
[quoted image]

Here. I bought one of these. It looks nice.

Quoted from jdoz2:

057cb415e224ecdf75a469df35120ad96b1bb5c6 (resized).jpg057cb415e224ecdf75a469df35120ad96b1bb5c6 (resized).jpg

The OCP decals are out there, too.

Your Robocop cleaned up nice.

#1685 1 year ago

Got a decal from jdoz2 coming.

Also ordered these: ebay.com link: itm -- they look pretty cool

#1686 1 year ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

You should try and dump your Robocop ROM version 3.5 and share it with us!

#1687 1 year ago
Quoted from cws204:

You should try and dump your Robocop ROM version 3.5 and share it with us!

Pretty sure I uploaded 3.5, will check when I get home.

There is a guy in the UK who has 4.0, he has no access to chip reader which is sad.

#1688 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

[quoted image]

I am also interested in one! Sent a PM.

#1689 1 year ago

I’m in! I just joined the club. I have been reading all 34 pages of this post over yesterday and today to see if I could figure out all of my issues!

#1690 1 year ago
Quoted from Momaw75:

I’m in! I just joined the club. I have been reading all 34 pages of this post over yesterday and today to see if I could figure out all of my issues!

Welcome to the club!

#1691 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Pretty sure I uploaded 3.5, will check when I get home.
There is a guy in the UK who has 4.0, he has no access to chip reader which is sad.

This is very interesting, is there a list of updates from 3.4 onwards ? Thank you
Is the UK person a member on here?

#1692 1 year ago
Quoted from Crewey:

This is very interesting, is there a list of updates from 3.4 onwards ? Thank you

1) Not that I'm aware of, Data East did not seem regular about documenting changes.

2) Yes, in this thread I think.

#1693 1 year ago
Quoted from Crewey:

The biggest change in update 3.4 was fixing the lockon issue with the flashers. The suckers would eventually melt the inserts when they were stuck on.

#1694 1 year ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

The biggest change in update 3.4 was fixing the lockon issue with the flashers. The suckers would eventually melt the inserts when they were stuck on.

Victim of melted inserts here. Bought a machine from a (turns out less than reputable) eBay seller and had this problem from go.

#1695 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

1) Not that I'm aware of, Data East did not seem regular about documenting changes.
2) Yes, in this thread I think.

Ah yes thank you, I see it was Thehipster
I have tagged him in the thread I created in the UK info site, someone with a chip reader may offer their services.

#1696 1 year ago
Quoted from Crewey:

Ah yes thank you, I see it was Thehipster
I have tagged him in the thread I created in the UK info site, someone with a chip reader may offer their services.

I'd love to see if 4.0 fixes the sound bugs Robocop has, learned to live with it but still irritating.

#1697 1 year ago

This is a 40 year old pinball machine. Who is making these upgraded ROMs?

#1698 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This is a 40 year old pinball machine. Who is making these upgraded ROMs?

4.0 is a late factory one, I think.

#1699 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

4.0 is a late factory one, I think.

3.4 was the last official ROM update and it came out from Stern in 2002. The others are mods.

#1700 1 year ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

3.4 was the last official ROM update and it came out from Stern in 2002. The others are mods.

I'm baffled as to why Stern would do a rom update to Robocop in 2002?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,953 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robocop-club-if-you-own-one-or-use-to/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.