IMG_7293 (resized).jpeg
20230813_172213 (resized).jpg
MPU004.pdf (PDF preview)
Pinside_forum_7704045_0 (resized).jpg
20230807_161942 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-08-07 at 7.45.08 AM (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-08-07 at 6.49.04 AM (resized).jpg
16913159548263188604343872213635 (resized).jpg
There are 1,953 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 40.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from puck:

image_(resized).jpeg
Not sure what kinda bulbs they are, but I hope that helps. Someone hot glued the ED 209 down, but thats ok as I'll be 3D printing a new one. If I LED my new one you can have these bulbs. That could be a few months out as I am still fixing up JM. Good luck in your search!

Do those red bulbs come out by any chance? I still can't figure out what kind they are. Thanks!

#102 8 years ago

Just a heads up, I'm going to work with Puck and get you guys a proper ED-209 replacement

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Just a heads up, I'm going to work with Puck and get you guys a proper ED-209 replacement

Sounds great!

#104 8 years ago

dirtbag66, did you snag that right ramp? If not please let me! I need one

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from puck:

dirtbag66, did you snag that right ramp? If not please let me! I need one

What right ramp? Mine is cracked, but still works great.

Did you get a chance to see what kind of bulbs are inside ED-209?

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

What right ramp? Mine is cracked, but still works great.
Did you get a chance to see what kind of bulbs are inside ED-209?

Totally, check the pic on page 2. They are almost the same size as http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2710
I have some of these and will post a photo with a size comparison, but they are a touch larger. I have been looking and can't find the exact bulbs that are in the ED-209. Maybe someone else can advise?

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Totally, check the pic on page 2. They are almost the same size as http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2710
I have some of these and will post a photo with a size comparison, but they are a touch larger. I have been looking and can't find the exact bulbs that are in the ED-209. Maybe someone else can advise?

I might need to pick a few of those up. I'm actually heading to Pinball Life this week to get my new Pinscore display. Hopefully they work.

#108 8 years ago

I noticed my ED-209 doesn't appear to be lighting up at any point, though I hadn't determined if it was the bulbs or wiring somewhere. Will check back in if I find out more.

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

I noticed my ED-209 doesn't appear to be lighting up at any point, though I hadn't determined if it was the bulbs or wiring somewhere. Will check back in if I find out more.

I didn't even know the little red lights existed until I watched TNT's YouTube video.

#110 8 years ago

Got my new ED-209 today! Just need to extend the wires to the little red bulbs (figured out which ones I need), mount him to the playfield, then attach the bulbs under his machine guns. Going to look awesome (I hope!)

IMG_20160109_094556_(resized).jpgIMG_20160109_094556_(resized).jpg

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Got my new ED-209 today! Just need to extend the wires to the little red bulbs (figured out which ones I need), mount him to the playfield, then attach the bulbs under his machine guns. Going to look awesome (I hope!)

IMG_20160109_094556_(resized).jpg

Sick! I would totally chop the legs off. Where did you get the ED-209? My arrow down sticker needs a redo as well. What should we do there?

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Sick! I would totally chop the legs off. Where did you get the ED-209? My arrow down sticker needs a redo as well. What should we do there?

I found him on eBay! He actually came with a little RoboCop as well, but I think he is just too small. I thought about taking the legs off, but he actually fits as is! Now I just need to extend the wires that were in the original (crappy) ED-209 so that they fit onto the new one.

First things first, though. Getting all the switches working and replace these weak flippers!

IMG_20160109_094556_(resized).jpgIMG_20160109_094556_(resized).jpg

#113 8 years ago

I make a replacement decal for the Arrow.. $8 shipped

#114 8 years ago

I make a replacement decal for the Arrow.. $8 shipped

PM sent!

1 week later
#115 8 years ago

Does anyone have a good picture of the S Jackpot insert area they could upload? Thanks!

#116 8 years ago

http://i.imgur.com/4WGO8Bj.jpg
If you need a higher res I can bust out the SLR and macro lens.

#117 8 years ago

Thanks heaps, much appreciated Puck!

1 week later
#118 8 years ago

Looking for : Metal FLIPPER FEEDER LANE BALL GUIDE for Robo. If anyone knows where I can pick up a new set I would appreciate it.

#119 8 years ago

Someone here asked to see the repro arrow decal I produce, so here it is

All decals are cut and laminated. $8 USD shipped. Please send via Paypal to [email protected], and put in the notes what you're buying.

Thanks!

Robocop_Arrow_(resized).jpgRobocop_Arrow_(resized).jpg

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Looking for : Metal FLIPPER FEEDER LANE BALL GUIDE for Robo. If anyone knows where I can pick up a new set I would appreciate it.

They get really banged up, I had to replace them also but thankfully I got a box of random RC parts which happened to have new ones in them..

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Hey puck is this what you are looking for? I got these from cliffy The one on the left had two extra holes at the top but they fit perfectly on my ROBOCOP.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/FlipFrames/FlipperFramesAll.jpg

#122 8 years ago

Just picked up a Robocop that has been in storage for,looks like forever. couple of things that jump out right out of the gun are, there is only only one tip36 on the ppb board. Of course the IPDB data base manual does not cover the schematics for this board, the manual states pages 35 36 37 for board schematics but the manual actually only has 33 pages. So any help here would be great. Also the top 16 digit display on game turn on has one bright segment at the end light up then nothing,, the game goes into game attract mode and the lower display scrolls high scores and such. Game does go into game mode and fundamentally works. There seems to be no sign of battery damage but has had some board work done on power supply and lamp driver board.

#123 8 years ago

Still having problems with my weak flippers. Had a guy out for 3.25 hours and even he couldn't figure it out. So frustrated!

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from silverball0:

Just picked up a Robocop that has been in storage for,looks like forever. couple of things that jump out right out of the gun are, there is only only one tip36 on the ppb board. Of course the IPDB data base manual does not cover the schematics for this board, the manual states pages 35 36 37 for board schematics but the manual actually only has 33 pages. So any help here would be great. Also the top 16 digit display on game turn on has one bright segment at the end light up then nothing,, the game goes into game attract mode and the lower display scrolls high scores and such. Game does go into game mode and fundamentally works. There seems to be no sign of battery damage but has had some board work done on power supply and lamp driver board.

I'm pretty sure there is only one Tip36 on that board I can double check tonight. I will also check my manual for the schematics.
Joe

#125 8 years ago

thx a bunch

#126 8 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-display-into-data-east-game

Just linking across - trying to get the display sorted for my Robocop..

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from Gerrard17:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-display-into-data-east-game
Just linking across - trying to get the display sorted for my Robocop..

I bought the Rottendog display for $200 as mine was partially outgassed.

It was a super easy swap and now I'll never have to worry about the display again. I understand if you want to avoid the $$ but I was happy to do it for a permanent solution.

#128 8 years ago

you can find new displays for 150, just picked one up last week.

#129 8 years ago

only one is on ppb board. prob got bad flipper board, had to replace mine. common problem

#130 8 years ago

k's arcade has new rottendog display for 149.99

#131 8 years ago

always reflow all solder on data east/sega ppb boards, saves lots of headaches later.

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from silverball0:

Alright, display gassed out, replaced with NOS and working well. Had some issues with flash lamps under the playfield stuck on, the three inserts two black and white and the red one are cooked not sure how I am going to repair those yet, found bad 7408 and replaced. sound alittle tinny, found the cabinet speaker ripped, so looking for replacement. Center plastic over yellow drop targets been fabbed out of blue plastic, so on the hunt for another. Oh ya the plug for the g.i. the four yellow wire one just off the power supply board gets hotter than hell.

robo_(resized).JPGrobo_(resized).JPG

#133 8 years ago

Here is my set of "The Future Of Law Enforcement".

20151030_151024_(resized).jpg20151030_151024_(resized).jpg

20160215_143123_(resized).jpg20160215_143123_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#134 8 years ago

Hey guys,

I just bought my first pinball machine. It is a Robocop. I got a good deal but it is in need of some repairs. The cabinet is in great shape but the thing does not work. Burning fuses F1 and F2 on the Power Supply Board. The Digital Display fuse (F3) was burned as well. Lights work on the playfield.

Here are the problems:
Cannot get a game to start
Makes lots of noise from the speaker under the cabinet - loud humming and garbled noise
No digital display

-------Update : I replaced the bridge rectifyer. I tested it and it was shorted. The game started working. Display was not working so I rebuilt the power supply. Now the game is great! It is working fine! Thanks for the help!!!

At this point, I have already found a burned transistor - TR2. I have been told to replace the components in that circuit, i.e., C4,C2,C3. Here is a pic:

So, here is my question:
DO any of you have a digital version of the Schematic for this game? Otherwise, where is the best place to get one?
Any insight into the burning fuses? -

-------Update: One of you was nice enough to send that. Thanks for the help!------

Pat Lawlor
(I learn a lot about pinball when I google myself)

image1_2_(resized).JPGimage1_2_(resized).JPG

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from PatLawlor:

Hey guys,
I just bought my first pinball machine. It is a Robocop. I got a good deal but it is in need of some repairs. The cabinet is in great shape but the thing does not work. Burning fuses F1 and F2 on the Power Supply Board. The Digital Display fuse (F3) was burned as well. Lights work on the playfield.
Here are the problems:
Cannot get a game to start
Makes lots of noise from the speaker under the cabinet - loud humming and garbled noise
No digital display
At this point, I have already found a burned transistor - TR2. I have been told to replace the components in that circuit, i.e., C4,C2,C3. Here is a pic:
So, here is my question:
DO any of you have a digital version of the Schematic for this game? Otherwise, where is the best place to get one?
Any insight into the burning fuses?
Pat Lawlor
(I learn a lot about pinball when I google myself)

image1_2_(resized).JPG

Your name is Pat Lawlor?!?

Awesome.

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Still having problems with my weak flippers. Had a guy out for 3.25 hours and even he couldn't figure it out. So frustrated!

Get this fixed yet? Mine sometimes blows a fuse and only has hold voltage available. They are so weak it's laughable. I replaced the fuse with a circuit breaker, so at least it's not 50 cents a pop.

#137 8 years ago

Still weak. The guy who was out here said it wasn't a fuse. Power supply board, maybe.

#138 8 years ago

Data east service bulletin No. 23 maybe holds the key you need for the weak flippers. It is four pages long and goes into detail on upgrades to the flipper board.

#139 8 years ago

Well playing around with some chrome molding and pinstripe tape on the Robocop. Here is the before and after pics.

photo_1_(resized).JPGphoto_1_(resized).JPG

photo_2_(resized).JPGphoto_2_(resized).JPG

photo_3_(resized).JPGphoto_3_(resized).JPG

photo_4_(resized).JPGphoto_4_(resized).JPG

#140 8 years ago

Looks great! Where did you get your chrome moulding from?

#141 8 years ago

Someone sell me a Robocop!

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from Gerrard17:

Looks great! Where did you get your chrome moulding from?

automotive shop Canadian Tire, it is 3/4 inch side molding, twenty dollars for 12 ft.

#143 8 years ago

Hey gang, all arrow decal orders have now shipped. Sorry for the delay on those.. gearing up for a new baby over here. It's a real time kill lol

#144 8 years ago

Hey gang, all arrow decal orders have now shipped. Sorry for the delay on those.. gearing up for a new baby over here. It's a real time kill lol

Babies: Always getting in the way of our dreams.

#145 8 years ago

Babies are great for restoring. My life is basically baby goes for a sleep, wife gets some sleep while baby is sleeping, leaves dad a few hours to go downstairs and work on his pins.

#146 8 years ago

Any chance someone could take a picture of the ball trough area under the pf? Really would love to fix before tonight's pinball event! Looks like some wiring might be messed up causing me to have weird issues!

Thanks

#147 8 years ago

its a data east, always reflow solder on ppb board. prob why your ball doesn't eject if its not switch issue

#148 8 years ago

check switch in drain area too. mines been acting up. they get bent from ball sitting on them

#149 8 years ago

I will pull the board and reflow. All switches test perfect and only and issue after one or more balls are locked and then the ball drains

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Someone sell me a Robocop!

I got one in Des Moines I will let go. Price depends on how clean you want it, as it needs a good shopping out.

Dan

EDIT: Tried to sell it without cleaning it up for $1100 a while back and would still sell for that as-is. Thinking I will pull the Mylar, clean it really well, put on reproduction plastics and try at $1500 o.b.o if someone prefers it shopped.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-robocop-in-des-moines-ia

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 1,953 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robocop-club-if-you-own-one-or-use-to/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.