View topic image gallery

B4D09E6F-1826-495D-84EC-B3850456D442 (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

Robocop machine registers all
Switches and solenoids fire in test mode

Game will lock ball one in top saucer (29) after jump. Then when you make ramp
Shot with the second ball it ejectS from
Left saucer(28) and runs into the ball in top eject
After ball rolls back into left saucer(28) it tries again then will eject another ball into shooter lane.
Board connectors look clean. Could this be bad spade connector on switch 29, bad diode on 29. Or is it not switch 29

Thanks
B4D09E6F-1826-495D-84EC-B3850456D442 (resized).jpegB4D09E6F-1826-495D-84EC-B3850456D442 (resized).jpeg

#2 3 years ago

Both diodes on the two eject holes (28) (29) test fine.
Ordering new switches to be safe but could a diode somewhere in the row or column cause this?

#3 3 years ago

I will have some time tonight , so I wanted to bump this. I've been told to look in the same column as well as the same row for a bad diode.
Does anyone know which is the logical first spot?
thanks

#4 3 years ago

Sounds like switch 29 is flakey, but checking the other switches in the same column & row wouldn't hurt.

Did you try switch edge test, put a ball in the #28 saucer and tap on the playfield? Probably need to disconnect the coil so it doesn't kick the ball out.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

Sounds like switch 29 is flakey, but checking the other switches in the same column & row wouldn't hurt.
Did you try switch edge test, put a ball in the #28 saucer and tap on the playfield? Probably need to disconnect the coil so it doesn't kick the ball out.

For ROBO it seems the test choices are single test, active switch, and bad switch. As far as I can tell the menu choices are different than a switch edge, like williams. But I did put balls in the saucers and bang on the playfield. During the active switch test the switches both stayed active and the coils dont fire for those so the balls stay..
I will check diodes for all switches in the column for 29... then rows, then do same for 28 if needed
thanks

#6 3 years ago

Went ahead and clipped all
The diodes under the pf that are in the row and column of switch 29 and they unfortunately were all good.

There’s one switch left on the top left ramp ..I will check next after I remove the ramp.

Is it possible a board issue would cause this type of problem or is it something with pf wiring
Thanks

#7 3 years ago

After consulting with other Pinsiders, it seems the issue is with switch 28. It should not be ejecting the ball until you activate arrest mode again. It should just hold the ball in the saucer.

The switch test(28) fine, all switches in the row and column have good diodes. Can a bad board component cause a switch to activate at the wrong time? Or a game rom?

thanks for any help

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robocop-ball-locks-eject-was-my-incorrectly- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.