Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Law
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hey guys, I picked up a Robocop a while back and had to put it in storage, I've recently got it out of storage and the main issue in having is the ball is bouncing all over the place, and pings the glass hard! It has already cracked one of the plastics which I'm not too happy about.

From what I've read, this pin is notorious for crazy ball behaviour, but this being my first pin, I'm unsure what would be the cause or how to troubleshoot. I'm sure there are a few out there that can give me some quick pointers in the right direction. I've noticed that the game is fast, really fast and I'm thinking the playfield may be a little steep and this could be a cause...? I've noticed it happens mainly when it hits the targets but it's so random and erratic that I can't tell. Sometimes the ball even flies back into the shooter lane... :/

Any pointers or help appreciated.

#2 8 years ago

Mine is the same, broken plastics all over, ball leaping outlanes, etc. I'm fairly certain it's related to the overpowered coils used on the flippers combined with the proximity of the three bank stand up targets in the center. I've been considering "downgrading" the coils to something less powerful, would be curious to see what others have done in this situation as well.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks for the reply.

So the flippers on these original Solid State's are overpowered in general?

I've seen flipper rebuild kits on eBay which seem fairly reasonable.

I'm at a point now where I don't even want to play the game for fear of damaging any other plastics. They are really hard to find.

#4 8 years ago

It's the standup targets. Happens a ton on the one in my area. Try installing foam behind the standups if there isn't any there already.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robocop-ball-all-over-the-place and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.