3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PinZombie
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzombie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hoping someone can guide me on how to fix this game as it’s great! Game has all backbox ground mods done by prior owner and is running the Swemmer MPU. (While researching current issues I see the transformer block grounding mods were not performed).

Game was running fine for several years except a rare issue with the single drop target bank not resetting; fixed by either pulling or pushing the assembly (can’t recall which) per the prior owner. This issue only happened 1-2 times for me in the past but now is a permanent problem. This drop target bank (1) won’t reset; the switch works as it adds score when knocked down and keeps adding it as it won’t reset. I tested the coil resistance and get 12.2 ohms, which I think means coil is OK. Coil won’t fire in Test mode either.

The other coil which is not working is the ball hole kicker; same thing - switch there works as it kicks out the second ball from the trough but the coil never fires to eject the ball (when it’s supposed to after hitting target under ramp). Coil also won’t work in Test but resistance reads at 12.5 ohms.

Any help is appreciated!

#3 3 years ago

Yeah that’s what I’m leaning towards as well. I’m confused by the layout / architecture frankly; lots of satellite boards and some solenoids are fired by lamps or something??! Still trying to grok the manual I found online...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzombie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robo-war-two-solenoids-not-firing?tu=pinzombie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.