• Latest reply 2 years ago by RGarriott
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

72DBA420-80C3-47EC-9976-30DA01D8D057 (resized).jpeg
506px-Gtb_sys80A_bat_damage01 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rgarriott.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hey guys I recently picked a RobWar this past wkend and need some pointers getting it up and running. Once the game is turned on, it boots, resets all drop targets and goes directly to attract mode. All lights work on the playfield except for the back light bar, I have seen them work but seems intermittent. All good so far. The game will coin up in the right slot only, still good to go. Press the start button game acts like it is going to start , but the ramp lifts up and locks on and thats where it stays.

Going through the diagnostics this is what I find.

*Lamp Test, All good.

*Relay and Solenoids Test, All good
Not sure if the back light bar should fire in this test?

*Switch Test, All switches show open.

No switches work except
Start (47)
Left advance (06)
Right advance (16)
Tilt (57)
Right coin (27)

*Dip Switch Test, All good

*Display Test, All good

*Memory Test, OK is displayed and then Prom 1-1 DC8 or DCB not sure if it is suppose to be an 8 or B.

So thats where I stand right now, any help would be appreciated.

#3 2 years ago

Will do. I will post a pic in about an hr.

#4 2 years ago

As I set here at work reading the PinWiki on 80B stuff I came across this picture. Im not home yet but I remember seeing this exact style battery and damage in that area.

5.6.3 Battery Leakage and Corrosion is the section its in and its are good read. Ill be sure to post my here in a bit but im pretty sure it looks just like this.

506px-Gtb_sys80A_bat_damage01 (resized).jpg506px-Gtb_sys80A_bat_damage01 (resized).jpg
#5 2 years ago

Heres the pic. It has some damage.

72DBA420-80C3-47EC-9976-30DA01D8D057 (resized).jpeg72DBA420-80C3-47EC-9976-30DA01D8D057 (resized).jpeg
#7 2 years ago

Yeah not to bad, i have checked all around the battery pack and most do not check out.

4 weeks later
#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I've seen worse but I worry about what the crimps on that connector look like. The corrosion can go down the back too and those crimps can get pretty nasty. Pull that connector off and see if you can get a pic of the crimps.

Well working through the issues of Robowar, making some head way. I got the MPU all squared away and working 100%. Working on the A1-J6 connector as its a disaster from the battery corrosion. The pins are all squished down and not making connections, thats why the playfield ships and underglass lights were not working, and pretty much all of the switch matrix not registering.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rgarriott.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robo-war-needs-help?tu=rgarriott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.