8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by L_satan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider L_satan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hello. This may be simple, but I'd like a little insight into this quandary. I just made my first purchase from PBR, a Gottlieb Robo-War mini-flipper rebuild kit, which is AWESOME (Thank you Steve) and made the replacement last night. Everything looked better, and moved more smoothly as a result. The lane change EOS switch took a little time to adjust properly, but I have done much switch adjustment.

Problem--Flippers seem a little less powerful. Getting the ball up the ramp is now impossible. And every 20th or so lane change switch, the lane does not change.

My first guess would be "adjust the switches". But I have, and watched them gap properly when they should, and the lane change strikes also.

1. Maybe I need to adjust the switches so the contact is harder--more firm?
2. Maybe there is not a proper gap between the flipper and the bushing?

I reversed the coils so the lug and diode side is opposite the coil stop.

The left coil heats up quite a bit when energized--but their are only two wires going to the switch.
Is there something I am missing with Gottlieb flippers?

Perplexed--I have rebuilt many Bally/Stern and Williams flippers.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks, Lloyd. I also read on the pinwiki that an improperly sized rubber will affect play. And I noticed that the rubber is indeed 1/2", not GTB 3/8".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider L_satan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robo-war-flippers-weak-after-rebuild?tu=L_satan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.