pasted_image (resized).png
Resized_20230505_223621 (resized).jpeg
16813266338781118304005082785187 (resized).jpg
21774734-D892-49D9-9755-E78CFBC44517 (resized).jpeg
AE6C34B1-5E31-4B64-98AA-4243AD74969C (resized).jpeg
8213E397-8123-4DD9-BA86-2194F1E9ED5C (resized).jpeg
9520D21C-6717-4824-B83E-A41E25AAEEBE (resized).jpeg
D89D7674-5FDA-4B1A-82EA-6C9DEACD33E4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maralb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Same for me, when the ball comes down the outlane nice and fast I can make the ramp or sometimes with the right bounce, mine has the 20095 coils but I can see that the flipper mechs need some love, I bought a rebuild kit and once its done I'll post if it made a difference, the lights are pretty easy, 3 led blue strips from comet with the clips and putting in a couple spotlights at the slings really lights up the game.

We had the same problems at our game, even after rebuilding the flipper mech's. Looking at the Original flyer (listed at IPDB.ORG), we noticed the flipperbats are adjusted a little bit downwards. Adjusting the flipperbats like this was the solution for our game; it made making the ramp shot more easy.

Looking at the whitewood picture from designer John Trudeau at IPDB.ORG: did anyone notice the whitewood had 4 flippers installed (revealing the Sindbad roots)?

Marco

#18 7 years ago

Like this, as pictured on the flyer, the lower side in line with the ball guide which makes the bat pointing down a bit. Usually, I align the heart of the flipper bat or the upper side in line with the ball guide. At our Robo War this didn't work out well for making the ramp shot.

1975f2_crop (resized).jpg1975f2_crop (resized).jpg

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I suggest replacing you flipper button switches. 9/10 times after a proper/full flipper rebuild if you are unhappy with power then it is an old pitted flipper switch that is the issue.

This will certainly help too. Gottlieb used brass amp connectors to attach the wiring to those switches. Sometime they are broken causing a loose connection. Removing these connectors and soldering the wires directly to the switch leaves can be a big improvement too.

2 weeks later
#30 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That worked for me as well but it almost seems like the flippers gets weaker as I play, I noticed this even when I had the flippers at proper placement, start a game and I would make the ramp a couple times then it would become impossible again, now in my fumbling I touched the flipper spring to the flippers switch and fried something, getting "tilt switched closed" on the display and I can't even get into the diagnostics? Might be time for a new board, damn it.

If you shorted the solenoid voltage to the switchmatrix circuitry there will be a few TTL gates blown and if you have bad luck also the U4 RIOT. Happens often when messing around with the flippermechs while the game is powered on - lanechange switch and EOS are stacked.......

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

will that be an expensive fix or am I better off getting a new board?

It will be less expensive as a new board. If your Original board is in a nice condition and not affected by a leaking battery or lousy repairs in the past, I would keep using this board and repair it or send it out for repair. I prefer Original boards above after market ones, but okay, this is my personal preference.

#34 7 years ago

I like mypinballs system 80B after market board. A redesigned PCB with a way better lay out.

http://mypinballs.com/electronics/store.jsp

Still, I prefer to use Original boards.

4 weeks later
#44 7 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

Great advice! I was getting 7v off the power supply and it took out a bunch of chips on the MPU. Dialed it back to 5 and all's good. Well, all but the sound effects....

The soundboard has 2 sections. One is dialing with the sound effects and the other one takes care of the background music (Y and D section). Maybe one of the Eprom's is bad. I coded a testrom in order to test those boards. You will need some insight in electronics but you are free to try it. Send me a PM with your emailaddress and I will send you the images.

Marco

1 month later
#64 7 years ago

Hmmm....another groundmod. Don't use the heatsink as a common plane for the Ground. You are not improving your game with this but creating a potential short. The heatsink is barely isolated from the 5V. Just by a thin shim as the metal casing of the LM338 regulator is the 5V output. Use the yellow strap right below in the backbox in stead as a common for GND. Gottlieb used plastic washers to isolate the heatsink from the foil (=GND) in the backbox. And there is a reason to do so.

2 years later
#312 4 years ago

T switches the playfield illumination and should be closed by default. When the relay is activated, the contact should open. The switch stack is mounted to the relay in the wrong way and should be turned so the lever opens the contact when the relay is activated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maralb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robo-war-fan-club-all-welcome?tu=maralb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.