pasted_image (resized).png
Resized_20230505_223621 (resized).jpeg
16813266338781118304005082785187 (resized).jpg
21774734-D892-49D9-9755-E78CFBC44517 (resized).jpeg
AE6C34B1-5E31-4B64-98AA-4243AD74969C (resized).jpeg
8213E397-8123-4DD9-BA86-2194F1E9ED5C (resized).jpeg
9520D21C-6717-4824-B83E-A41E25AAEEBE (resized).jpeg
D89D7674-5FDA-4B1A-82EA-6C9DEACD33E4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from JMP:

It's also my favourite System 80B out of the seven I own

Nice collection, I'm a system 80 junkie as well, for me the themes and sounds/music, simple fun gameplay encapsulate the essence of great pinball.

#13 7 years ago

I got a cheap one but its beat up, playfield wear and it needs a flipper rebuild, can't make the left ramp, finished up some lighting mods, great pin.

DSC03498 (resized).JPGDSC03498 (resized).JPG

DSC03499 (resized).JPGDSC03499 (resized).JPG

DSC03500 (resized).JPGDSC03500 (resized).JPG

DSC03501 (resized).JPGDSC03501 (resized).JPG

DSC03503 (resized).JPGDSC03503 (resized).JPG

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Also, I find it VERY difficult to make the left ramp as well. I have to have a lot of velocity going into the shot to make it. Is this normal? I didn't think my flippers needed rebuilt (I changed the sleeves but noting else), but am starting to wonder.

Same for me, when the ball comes down the outlane nice and fast I can make the ramp or sometimes with the right bounce, mine has the 20095 coils but I can see that the flipper mechs need some love, I bought a rebuild kit and once its done I'll post if it made a difference, the lights are pretty easy, 3 led blue strips from comet with the clips and putting in a couple spotlights at the slings really lights up the game.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from MarAlb:

We had the same problems at our game, even after rebuilding the flipper mech's. Looking at the Original flyer (listed at IPDB.ORG), we noticed the flipperbats are adjusted a little bit downwards. Adjusting the flipperbats like this was the solution for our game; it made making the ramp shot more easy.

Can u post a pic of ur flippers? Thanks

2 weeks later
#25 7 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

So I adjusted my flippers to point down a bit. Definitely helped make the shot a bit, but I'd still love to see what replacing the flipper button switches do as well. It's still tough to make!

That worked for me as well but it almost seems like the flippers gets weaker as I play, I noticed this even when I had the flippers at proper placement, start a game and I would make the ramp a couple times then it would become impossible again, now in my fumbling I touched the flipper spring to the flippers switch and fried something, getting "tilt switched closed" on the display and I can't even get into the diagnostics? Might be time for a new board, damn it.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from MarAlb:

If you shorted the solenoid voltage to the switchmatrix circuitry there will be a few TTL gates blown and if you have bad luck also the U4 RIOT. Happens often when messing around with the flippermechs while the game is powered on - lanechange switch and EOS are stacked.......

will that be an expensive fix or am I better off getting a new board?

5 months later
#87 6 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

Can anyone send me a diagram from the manual of the ramp? I don't want to purchase a manual, but i want to install the ramp on another game.
thanks,
aaron

I have a manual and will scan the page tomorow for ya, pm ur email address.

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

I already got one, but thanks,

Cool, I didn't notice ur post was 2 weeks ago.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robo-war-fan-club-all-welcome?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.