pasted_image (resized).png
Resized_20230505_223621 (resized).jpeg
16813266338781118304005082785187 (resized).jpg
21774734-D892-49D9-9755-E78CFBC44517 (resized).jpeg
AE6C34B1-5E31-4B64-98AA-4243AD74969C (resized).jpeg
8213E397-8123-4DD9-BA86-2194F1E9ED5C (resized).jpeg
9520D21C-6717-4824-B83E-A41E25AAEEBE (resized).jpeg
D89D7674-5FDA-4B1A-82EA-6C9DEACD33E4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chisox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#487 2 years ago

I seriously can’t believe this game popped up for sale literally right up the road from me. I made 2 turns picking it up. I’d never played it (Pinside maps says I have the only one in Illinois but I’m sure that’s not the case) but love TX-Sector and Robo-War always looked like even more fun to me. It’s everything I’d hoped it would be. I was so smitten when I was checking it out that I didn’t even notice that someone at some time drilled a center post, and not well, until I had it home. It shoots great though (that spinner!) and as an 80s kid everything coming out of the speakers is just._perfect.

0DC99AED-38D3-4825-8F2E-1FF59C94897C (resized).jpeg0DC99AED-38D3-4825-8F2E-1FF59C94897C (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#494 2 years ago
Quoted from Prospekteur:

You are right Today Ive had time to play an hour and test the game more into detail. First of all, it is possible to get up the Ramp when ball is trapped on the flipperfinger on a standard unmodded playfield. Its really hard and as you said it has to be more than perfect. But out of lets say 30 shots one goes up the ramp also after trapped on the flipper. I played my robo war nearly every day before I decide to add this protector......and as you said this hard to achieve ramp is one thing what makes the gameplay of this machine so great I did this protector addon because Im scared playing my nice playfield to death
But now to my detailed tests today. Its definitely true! The Rampshot is a lot too easy now. And after playing an hour I had one highscore after another. Strange thing is, that everything else doesnt feel any different as before. But the ramp isnt challenging anymore..... And thats exactly one of the reasons why I love this old fast machines so much, because they are really challenging. My friend has some new stern pinballs.....but for me they are not such satisfying as some of this great short playing old machines. I cant get enough playing them. This new machines are getting boring very fast for me. Its only my personal preference and I dont say that this new machines are bad.....But for me they are not as satisfying. Next machine for me will definitely a rock encore! Machines like this keep me playing all the time and I would never exchange them with a thousands of dollars new highend pinball
Back to my actual problem....... It was a few hours to install this protector. I like how shiny the playfield looks now and I dont want to damage the playfield over time, because its my most played pinball. So Im searching for a solution to make the ramp hard to achieve as it was before. If someone has an idea, would be nice to know it. Otherwise I have to reinstall everything again. Will place the pinball a bit steeper later and will check if this helps.
So be warned....everyone who thinks protectors on robo war are a good idea....DONT DO IT if you dont want to loose the challenging fun of this machine. If I dont find a solution to get my old original gameplay back the protector has to go again very soon

I don’t have any experience with protectors but I wonder if the shots will slow down after a week or so of play like a freshly waxed playfield? Outside of making it steeper, as you mentioned, there’s probably not much more you can do.

I also wanted to add that after just over a week of ownership I’m floored at how great this game is. It might have the simplest ruleset of any 80s game I’ve played, but it’s perfect. Also, I hooked it up a subwoofer just for shits and giggles. Holy crap. It’s crazy that it would take 30 yrs for a game to be released (TNA) that would IMO approach the sounds and music of RW and TX Sector. So cool. Also, that ramp is hilariously hard. Especially since I don’t trust any feed from the in-lanes to the right flipper with that evil Snake Canyon you have to pass.

#503 2 years ago

This is the first Gottlieb I’ve owned and the butteryness (not a word) for me is the drop targets. I haven’t investigated how or why at this point, but man these are just next level. No bricks or airballs and smooth resets all day. I’m sorry @rgarriott, I’m not familiar with 80bs but I’m sure someone here or the Gottlieb 80b thread can steer you in the right direction.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
4,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Utrecht, UT
$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chisox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robo-war-fan-club-all-welcome?tu=chisox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.