pasted_image (resized).png
Resized_20230505_223621 (resized).jpeg
16813266338781118304005082785187 (resized).jpg
21774734-D892-49D9-9755-E78CFBC44517 (resized).jpeg
AE6C34B1-5E31-4B64-98AA-4243AD74969C (resized).jpeg
8213E397-8123-4DD9-BA86-2194F1E9ED5C (resized).jpeg
9520D21C-6717-4824-B83E-A41E25AAEEBE (resized).jpeg
D89D7674-5FDA-4B1A-82EA-6C9DEACD33E4 (resized).jpeg
There are 590 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.
#351 4 years ago
Quoted from Code:

Does anyone of you know where to buy a Robo War translite? I can't seem to find one. Thanks!

I've seen posts recently on one of the facebook groups of a guy with a pile of 80B translites. Don't remember the titles offhand. I think it was Prince Arcades that posted about it. Try looking them up maybe.

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

I've seen posts recently on one of the facebook groups of a guy with a pile of 80B translites. Don't remember the titles offhand. I think it was Prince Arcades that posted about it. Try looking them up maybe.

Thank you. I will try to get in contact with Prince Arcades

#353 4 years ago

No luck, unfortunately . Might find one at a later date for a reasonable price

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from Code:

Does anyone of you know where to buy a Robo War translite? I can't seem to find one. Thanks!

I’m currently restoring a RoboWar. My old translite is a little faded but overall in good shape. You can have it for the cost of postage. Just pm me if you want it.

6A18EEA7-8AD4-44FA-8E2B-9450BA89B6C0 (resized).jpeg6A18EEA7-8AD4-44FA-8E2B-9450BA89B6C0 (resized).jpeg
#355 4 years ago
Quoted from Vandy89:

I’m currently restoring a RoboWar. My old translite is a little faded but overall in good shape. You can have it for the cost of postage. Just pm me if you want it.[quoted image]

That would be awesome!!! Thanks!

1 week later
#356 4 years ago
Quoted from Code:

Mayfair Amusements has them. That's where I bought mine about 6 months ago.

1 month later
#357 4 years ago

Since I completed the restore of my RW last year, half of the game sounds come out scratchy. The problem only affects a few of the sounds. I've uploaded a short video of it here. I've tried re-flashing the ROM, I've changed out the 6116 RAM for the "D" channel of the sound board. I'm stumped! Any ideas?

#358 4 years ago

Watched the vid you posted and no,
that scratchiness on some
of the sound effects is not normal.
Mine is free from any of it.
Hope you track down the problem.

#359 4 years ago

I did not hear that scratchy sound on mine. Did you check the connection to the speakers themselfs? Is it the same when you put the volume lower/higher? I get the impression that scratchy sound only happens when it does the higher tones.
I also heard some scratchy sound when that drop target went down near the end of the Video.

1 week later
#360 4 years ago

Hello, I'm a new Pinsider and owner of a recently shopped Robo-War. Before shopping out all the sounds were working, now I don't get the attention grabber sound that happens every few minutes. Any thoughts as to what the problem may be would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from pdh1127:

Any thoughts as to what the problem may be would be greatly appreciated.

In the manual, DIP switch 7 controls attract mode sound:
1553875D-5A03-4CC5-AD31-078981C58C71 (resized).jpeg1553875D-5A03-4CC5-AD31-078981C58C71 (resized).jpeg

However, other users found that on their game, DIP switch 8 changed the setting of the background sound. Try 7 first, if that fails, check 8.

#362 4 years ago

Tried both switches in all combinations, still no sound. The relay is latching and the light sequencing works no matter the switch configuration but no sound is coming through. The switch matrix card in the back box for the 80B board says switches 7 & 8 are spares. My manual says switch 7 is for Attract Sound Mode which conflicts with the backbox card.

#363 3 years ago

Just to close the loop, my sound issues were caused by corrupt data on the soundboard's "DROM" rom chip. The checksum came up wrong when I read it on a EPROM reader. Erased & re-wrote the data. All is good!

Quoted from Code:

I did not hear that scratchy sound on mine. Did you check the connection to the speakers themselfs? Is it the same when you put the volume lower/higher? I get the impression that scratchy sound only happens when it does the higher tones.
I also heard some scratchy sound when that drop target went down near the end of the Video.

#364 3 years ago

And the sound works normally while playing a game? The issue you're having is only with the attract mode sounds correct?

Quoted from pdh1127:

Tried both switches in all combinations, still no sound. The relay is latching and the light sequencing works no matter the switch configuration but no sound is coming through. The switch matrix card in the back box for the 80B board says switches 7 & 8 are spares. My manual says switch 7 is for Attract Sound Mode which conflicts with the backbox card.

#365 3 years ago

So, after some time with the schematics and the sound circuit board I realized ( I think) that the switch settings were the problem. After shopping out the playfield and re-connecting everything I set the Attract mode via SW 7as stated in the manual. When that didn't work I started troubleshooting and found that there was a .01uf cap on the foil side of sound board A6 that was disconnected on one side. I assumed that it was a bad solder joint that caused the disconnect and re soldered it back into the circuit. Still no attract mode sound. Hitting the reset SW2 on A6 sounded a 1 - 2 second beep that I recall I used to get pre shopping the machine on power up. Now the machine powers up without that beep. Anyway, I re disconnect the .01uf cap and tried using SW 8 on the MPU board per mbaumle's suggestion and Viola attract mode sound is working. Still not getting the reset beep on power up with the solenoid reset that I used to get but the game plays and sounds like everything should. I will test scoring and lighting further as I continue to play/work on this machine. Don't know if re-writing the EPROMS would do anything for gameplay but I don't have the ability to do that anyway. Would like to know how I could get the EPROMS re flashed. If anyone does that please let me know. Thanks to you folks for helping me get my problem resolved.

#366 3 years ago
Quoted from pdh1127:

So, after some time with the schematics and the sound circuit board I realized ( I think) that the switch settings were the problem. After shopping out the playfield and re-connecting everything I set the Attract mode via SW 7as stated in the manual. When that didn't work I started troubleshooting and found that there was a .01uf cap on the foil side of sound board A6 that was disconnected on one side. I assumed that it was a bad solder joint that caused the disconnect and re soldered it back into the circuit. Still no attract mode sound. Hitting the reset SW2 on A6 sounded a 1 - 2 second beep that I recall I used to get pre shopping the machine on power up. Now the machine powers up without that beep. Anyway, I re disconnect the .01uf cap and tried using SW 8 on the MPU board per mbaumle's suggestion and Viola attract mode sound is working. Still not getting the reset beep on power up with the solenoid reset that I used to get but the game plays and sounds like everything should. I will test scoring and lighting further as I continue to play/work on this machine. Don't know if re-writing the EPROMS would do anything for gameplay but I don't have the ability to do that anyway. Would like to know how I could get the EPROMS re flashed. If anyone does that please let me know. Thanks to you folks for helping me get my problem resolved.

Had similar problems with my robowar.
Reprogramming the EPROMs failed. Had to buy fresh EPROMs and flash them.
Everything works fine now.

#367 3 years ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

And the sound works normally while playing a game? The issue you're having is only with the attract mode sounds correct?

Game play sounds are working as far as I can tell. No different from before I shopped the machine. Only the "attract sound" isn't always working. It's somewhat intermittent. Plan is to trouble shoot connectors and other possible bad connections on boards

1 week later
#368 3 years ago

There was a mention of getting new EPROMS or having them refreshed. Any recommendations on where I can get new EPROMS or who can refresh mine? Thanks

#369 3 years ago
Quoted from pdh1127:

There was a mention of getting new EPROMS or having them refreshed. Any recommendations on where I can get new EPROMS or who can refresh mine? Thanks

Got mine , blank EPROMs , from Marcos , but you can get them easily on eBay .
For programming , I am sure a fellow pinsider can help you. Or you can buy an eprom programmer and eprom eraser and do it your self.
If you go diy , pm me and I can send you the files needed for robowar.
Regards

#370 3 years ago

I have just picked up this one in decent condition. Had to add a couple of missing parts but overall not bad.
Have to do a full clean up.

20200429_183445 (resized).jpg20200429_183445 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#371 3 years ago

Finally I have it all cleaned up and playing. Changed my pop bumpers to red in colour. I think it looks great.

20200705_210105 (resized).jpg20200705_210105 (resized).jpg20200707_104823 (resized).jpg20200707_104823 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#372 3 years ago

Help

When I press some switches it turn the hole matrix on. Switch behind the ramp
All 01,11,21,31,41,51,61,71

Same outlane but 05,15,25,35...
Target left side 03,13,23,33..

I have changed Z13

Any ideas?

1 week later
#373 3 years ago

Finishing up my Robo-War. Slowly but surely

25419C95-AA6A-416E-B583-138B98250F78 (resized).jpeg25419C95-AA6A-416E-B583-138B98250F78 (resized).jpeg7CDEFFED-2130-4FFF-AA8B-C146FFBD770E (resized).jpeg7CDEFFED-2130-4FFF-AA8B-C146FFBD770E (resized).jpeg
#374 3 years ago
Quoted from Code:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Beauty!

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from Code:

Fine example ! Especially the lower play-field which looks immaculate !

#376 3 years ago

Thanks
My Robo-War is to 99% complete. Just a few more adjustments and it's done!

IMG_1358 (resized).jpgIMG_1358 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#377 3 years ago
Quoted from Code:

Thanks
My Robo-War is to 99% complete. Just a few more adjustments and it's done!
[quoted image]

It looks really nice

2 weeks later
#378 3 years ago

I picked up a Robo-War a couple months ago and finally got around to fixing it up. I just put the finishing touches on it today and installed all new drop targets and drop target decals. It's a great pin and compliments my Genesis well.

I have a question. I removed the rechargeable battery and installed a coin cell holder and CR2032 battery with blocking diode. The game remembers the credits and audits but is only remembering the top high score, not all 5.

Is Robo-War supposed to remember all 5 high scores? I know my Genesis remembers all 5 scores so I would think Robo-War would being a System 80B game like Genesis but wanted to confirm with someone who owns one. EDIT: Never mind. I figured it out. You have to turn dip switch 6 off for it to keep all top 5 scores.

Also, can someone send me the dip switch settings for this game? I don't currently have a manual. Thanks!

#379 3 years ago

Oh yeah, here are some pics of my Robo-War

IMG_6687 (resized).jpgIMG_6687 (resized).jpgIMG_6688 (resized).jpgIMG_6688 (resized).jpgIMG_6689 (resized).jpgIMG_6689 (resized).jpgIMG_6690 (resized).jpgIMG_6690 (resized).jpgIMG_6745 (resized).jpgIMG_6745 (resized).jpg
#380 3 years ago
Quoted from debaser:

Oh yeah, here are some pics of my Robo-War
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is one nice machine.
Playfield looks very clean.

#381 3 years ago
4B260D4D-0802-4836-ABFF-E15903AFA207 (resized).jpeg4B260D4D-0802-4836-ABFF-E15903AFA207 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#382 3 years ago

Got mine today, great game. Playfield near enough perfect and cab pretty good. Just needs better lighting in backbox as someone took the tube fitting out and fitted a light bulb either side. No leds and looks great, think I will leave it like that.

E734D9FD-19BB-441E-AB2B-A7D58AEFABCF (resized).jpegE734D9FD-19BB-441E-AB2B-A7D58AEFABCF (resized).jpeg
#383 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Got mine today, great game. Playfield near enough perfect and cab pretty good. Just needs better lighting in backbox as someone took the tube fitting out and fitted a light bulb either side. No leds and looks great, think I will leave it like that.[quoted image]

Looks great. Welcome to the club!

#384 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Got mine today, great game. Playfield near enough perfect and cab pretty good. Just needs better lighting in backbox as someone took the tube fitting out and fitted a light bulb either side. No leds and looks great, think I will leave it like that.[quoted image]

Congrats on your recent acquisition.
A unique game hard to get.
Enjoy

#385 3 years ago

Touched the cab paintwork up today and had a few games.

#386 3 years ago

Just had a great game

34405B58-CA52-49B6-98A6-4502C7A60C36 (resized).jpeg34405B58-CA52-49B6-98A6-4502C7A60C36 (resized).jpeg
#387 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Just had a great game
[quoted image]

Wow! Nice one.
And I thought my 6mil+ was stout.

#388 3 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Wow! Nice one.
And I thought my 6mil+ was stout.

Thanks, the guy I picked it up from had 8mil to 10mil scores on there and was pleased with that and gave me something to aim for.
Now what do I do ☺️

#389 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Thanks, the guy I picked it up from had 8mil to 10mil scores on there and was pleased with that and gave me something to aim for.
Now what do I do ☺️

Shoot for 12mil of course!

#390 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Now what do I do

Quoted from rollitover:

Shoot for 12mil of course!

Tough! I think my GC is somewhere in the mid 6 millions. I always have my best games when I rack up the bonus multiplier first, then go for multiball. Nailing the ramp shot to score the multi bonus more than once is probably the most satisfying shot in any of my games. It’s so brutally hard.

#391 3 years ago

It’s tough here in lockdown!
Loving the hypnotic tribal sound, only beer no disco biscuits.

I’m having an odd reset, I have ordered a new 5v pcb from Boston pinball so will see what happens after that but it will only reset once in a while-while going through the spinner. No other time. I have checked underneath and all good, also tapped connectors and chips with no reset. Ground mod has been done.

2 weeks later
#392 3 years ago

I'm contemplating list my extremely nice example up forsale someone talk some sense into me

20201111_150920 (resized).jpg20201111_150920 (resized).jpg20201119_103343 (resized).jpg20201119_103343 (resized).jpg
#393 3 years ago
Quoted from Toby:

I'm contemplating list my extremely nice example up forsale someone talk some sense into me

Wow! That is really nice.
Keep it Toby or you will miss it fierce.

#394 3 years ago
Quoted from Toby:

You will miss it and would be hard to replace, my grandsons favourite pin even with the spinner disconnected (causes random resets). Waiting on a new mpu.
Looks a nice one like mine.

3CE08280-2AB3-431A-921B-EFFEDCFAD928 (resized).jpeg3CE08280-2AB3-431A-921B-EFFEDCFAD928 (resized).jpeg
#395 3 years ago

You guys are probably right i hate it when space dictates tough decisions

#396 3 years ago

That's what friends are for! Space is the easiest of pinball worries to overcome:

money/space/time

Find/make a friend with space, and you are golden. Ask around...

#397 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

That's what friends are for! Space is the easiest of pinball worries to overcome:
money/space/time
Find/make a friend with space, and you are golden. Ask around...

Quoted from Toby:

Dude, send it to a friend or family members house. You’ll be upset later, it’s too good a game to let go of really

And fix that droopy flipper! Lol

1 week later
#398 3 years ago

Good day all,
i am alsmots done reviving my robo war, but i am facing a small problem my gate is not opening!!! it seem i cant put my finger on what is the problem. can any one give me new idear of where to search?

driver board tested and good
all pins are good.
ground mod done

any idear?
thanks

#399 3 years ago
Quoted from cybercid:

Good day all,
i am alsmots done reviving my robo war, but i am facing a small problem my gate is not opening!!! it seem i cant put my finger on what is the problem. can any one give me new idear of where to search?
driver board tested and good
all pins are good.
ground mod done
any idear?
thanks

Is it during play AND self test ?

#400 3 years ago
Quoted from phototamer:

Is it during play AND self test ?

Hello year it does not work in self test and in play. The lower relay is working. The main coil is not activating. Could it be the wirering?

3059935B-02A3-4A71-94BF-7751B483E4F1 (resized).jpeg3059935B-02A3-4A71-94BF-7751B483E4F1 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 590 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robo-war-fan-club-all-welcome/page/8?hl=pinlover88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.