pasted_image (resized).png
Resized_20230505_223621 (resized).jpeg
16813266338781118304005082785187 (resized).jpg
21774734-D892-49D9-9755-E78CFBC44517 (resized).jpeg
AE6C34B1-5E31-4B64-98AA-4243AD74969C (resized).jpeg
8213E397-8123-4DD9-BA86-2194F1E9ED5C (resized).jpeg
9520D21C-6717-4824-B83E-A41E25AAEEBE (resized).jpeg
D89D7674-5FDA-4B1A-82EA-6C9DEACD33E4 (resized).jpeg
There are 590 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.
#101 6 years ago

Poor machine...
That's like makin' your kid wear his Halloween mask all year long.

#102 6 years ago

I mean robowar is definitely spongeworthy, but not like that...

#103 6 years ago

Yes I'm not sure what the thinking was behind that cab "makeover"....not horrendous but certainly wouldn't fit well in someone's home "show" collection. It's fine in my low lighted basement collection though....most people don't even know what it originally looked like. Good thing the cab is solid otherwise and plays fast, brutal, and fun.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

"makeover"....not horrendous

oh, that makeover is definately horrendous.

Have you tried removing it? You would need to be very careful since this era of cabs is junk board, but I would think a damp rag could take it off it it is just latex house paint.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

oh, that makeover is definately horrendous.
Have you tried removing it? You would need to be very careful since this era of cabs is junk board, but I would think a damp rag could take it off it it is just latex house paint.

I have not. Being as that it doesn't bother me and I'm focused on the way it plays more...not how it looks. I could give it a go but yes I wouldn't want to take off the original paint.

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I have not. Being as that it doesn't bother me and I'm focused on the way it plays more...not how it looks. I could give it a go but yes I wouldn't want to take off the original paint.

based on the asking price, you may want to give it a go.

With an original cab in good condition you may be in the range. With the current cab, I personally would expect atleast a 1k reduction over the same game with original cab.

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

based on the asking price, you may want to give it a go.
With an original cab in good condition you may be in the range. With the current cab, I personally would expect atleast a 1k reduction over the same game with original cab.

Advice noted and taken. Thanks mon.

#108 6 years ago

The time is almost here for me
to join the club.
A very l o n g two week wait
is nearing its end.
Delivery tomorrow!
Talk about anticipation!!

#109 6 years ago

It is official: I am IN the club!
Very nice Robo-War now sits proudly
in my home. With sub-woofer attatched,
this thing rocks!
Many enjoyable hours to come.

15020379324661864285865 (resized).jpg15020379324661864285865 (resized).jpg

#110 6 years ago

I created one of the Visual Pinball recreations of RW some years back, and I never really got tired of test-playing it. The music is exciting without being annoying, and the artwork is downright rad. I'd love to play the real thing one day.

#111 6 years ago

Does anyone have the ANYpin NVRAM battery eliminator installed on there game?? I snagged one and don't know where it goes. Also is it configuration 5101? I got the version that works with any game.

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Looks like someone got the sponge out.

and the blindfold !

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

and the blindfold !

IMG_1410 (resized).JPGIMG_1410 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#114 6 years ago

Having just acquired one, am curious about the price range for this machine.
Asking from the people who lknow.
What do you think?

#115 6 years ago

Just played this over the weekend and I love it! Really great music and a ton of fun. The left ramp is insanely hard to make on the one I played though. I'm assuming some slight adjustments need to be made, as I made the ramp once in maybe 10 matches or so.

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from Zami77:

Just played this over the weekend and I love it! Really great music and a ton of fun. The left ramp is insanely hard to make on the one I played though. I'm assuming some slight adjustments need to be made, as I made the ramp once in maybe 10 matches or so.

Agreed! Game is a BLAST to play!!!
Music (with sub-woofer) is classic 80's all the way and awesome. Light show after achieving extra ball is too cool. Total fun.
Proof that a simple rule set, in combination with great music and light sequences can indeed be very entertaining! Love this one and am so glad I landed one!
And yes it sounds like the one you played could use an adjustment. Ramp should not be that difficult.

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from Zami77:

ramp is insanely hard

read the manual. The pitch needs to be correct!
Too high and you'll never make it. Too low and its way too easy; plus your ball gets stuck at the upper right pop bumper (machine gunning with the rubber adjacent to it)

1 week later
#118 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

read the manual. The pitch needs to be correct!
Too high and you'll never make it. Too low and its way too easy; plus your ball gets stuck at the upper right pop bumper (machine gunning with the rubber adjacent to it)

I'll have to keep it in mind. It's actually at the Mueseum of Pinball in CA. I volunteer tech there, so maybe I can give a crack at fixing it.

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from Zami77:

I had the same issue on mine and a mates game - even completely new flipper parts and the flipper switch did not help - oonly solution was to low tap the tranny to 200volts , instead of the standard uk 220volt tapping . Now works as you would expect - ie hit it nice and up it goes - never looked back,and glad i did it.Great game ,and for me and my mate who also owns one,love it a little bit more than TX.Awesome sounds,good,simple gameplay.My palyfield rough inbetween flippers but still glad i have it

poibug

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from poibug:

Great game ,and for me and my mate who also owns one,love it a little bit more than TX.Awesome sounds,good,simple gameplay.My palyfield rough inbetween flippers but still glad i have it

I've got some playfield wear as well but the game distracts me enough to the point where I really don't notice it much. Love this game! The music and sounds combine to make every game an experience. The light show is fantastic. REALLY glad I snatched one. Simple game play yes, but complete package for sure!
And by the way... greetings from
South St Paul, Mn mate!
<blockquote

#121 6 years ago

Anybody have an educated guess as to how many of these machines are left out there?
Sure don't see them come up very often.
Production count was 2130.

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Anybody have an educated guess as to how many of these machines are left out there?
Sure don't see them come up very often.
Production count was 2130.

Not popular back in the day,
Not a popular theme to save,
Confusing to work on for the inexperienced,
Easily destroyed cabinet,
... I'd love to be educated with a guess

3 months later
#123 6 years ago

Having nearly completed a lengthy process of transferring everything to probably the last (and very expensive) NOS playfield from PBR, I now have a spare, used Robowar playfield for sale that I can ship anywhere so long as you pay postage.

Art is good between the flippers but has been painted back in around the pop bumpers and top lanes. Some small wood chunks have also come out where the thick guide rails were removed above the flippers. Very usable though if yours is bad...

Looking for £250 otherwise may be some cool wall art in the games room. Lmk if interested and I'll fire over more pics.

20171230_154950 (resized).jpg20171230_154950 (resized).jpg

20171230_155440 (resized).jpg20171230_155440 (resized).jpg

20171230_154958 (resized).jpg20171230_154958 (resized).jpg

20171230_155002 (resized).jpg20171230_155002 (resized).jpg

20171230_155010 (resized).jpg20171230_155010 (resized).jpg

20171230_155021 (resized).jpg20171230_155021 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#124 6 years ago

hello, i've jsut received mine ! very happy with it. everything works fine but the playfield is damadged in the botton between both flippers. would anyone have a scan so i can make an overlay ? Furthermore, i would like to add the sub woofer : has anyone any advice ? thanks alot

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from gismo31:

hello, i've jsut received mine ! very happy with it. everything works fine but the playfield is damadged in the botton between both flippers. would anyone have a scan so i can make an overlay ? Furthermore, i would like to add the sub woofer : has anyone any advice ? thanks alot

Hard to find one w/o the wear
between the flippers.
At least you have one
though as this one is pretty rare.
Sub-woofer you say?
YES! Put one in. Well worth it
Mine came with one when
I bought it and it is awesome!

#126 6 years ago

could you make a picture of the sub woofer please ? Do i just buy one and exchage the speaker down in the cabinet ?

#127 6 years ago

what was done wiring wise for the sub??

I would think that using an external sub would benefit this game better than an 'in the cabinet' upgrade would

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

what was done wiring wise for the sub??
I would think that using an external sub would benefit this game better than an 'in the cabinet' upgrade would

Quoted from gismo31:

could you make a picture of the sub woofer please ? Do i just buy one and exchage the speaker down in the cabinet ?

Will take some pics tomorrow fellas.

1 week later
#129 6 years ago

Hi guys,
I've been willing to start restauring my RoboWar for a while now, but the problem is that my playfield is trashed.
And i just can't find a spare one on this side of the pond.
Any chance someone here has a decent one for sale?
And if not, where do you guys have your overlays made?

Cheers !

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Hi guys,
I've been willing to start restauring my RoboWar for a while now, but the problem is that my playfield is trashed.
And i just can't find a spare one on this side of the pond.
Any chance someone here has a decent one for sale?
And if not, where do you guys have your overlays made?
Cheers !

Someone I believe this week had one for sale on here, cant remember where it was located. You will have to run a search.

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Someone I believe this week had one for sale on here, cant remember where it was located. You will have to run a search.

Quite unfortunately it has been sold. Nice one too.
He also had it listed on ebay. I was very tempted to buy it. Probably should have considering how rare they are to come by.

One might actually have to buy a second machine and combine to make one nice one.

#132 6 years ago

I don't know if these pics will help or not but here you go.
Really sorry for the long delay.
Can't be of much help personally as I did not do the work myself.

1520774509475801304465 (resized).jpg1520774509475801304465 (resized).jpg

15207745463862035034910 (resized).jpg15207745463862035034910 (resized).jpg

15207745712361551354976 (resized).jpg15207745712361551354976 (resized).jpg

#133 6 years ago

Oh yeah, it it external.

1520774723516-1284366003 (resized).jpg1520774723516-1284366003 (resized).jpg

#134 6 years ago

Ok, still struggling with finding an overlay...

Anyone has a good scan of the playfield by any chance?

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Ok, still struggling with finding an overlay...
Anyone has a good scan of the playfield by any chance?

+1 . i need a scan from the bottom part between the flippers

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from gismo31:

+1 more

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from gismo31:

Do you guys need to have an overlay made too?

#138 6 years ago

+ 1 more for scan between flippers! Thanks.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from dalispictures:

+ 1 more for scan between flippers! Thanks.

Ok, now, this is not making feel good about this...

I'll start investigating, though

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

yes for the lower part between the flippers . also need the decals for the small ships. thanks alot

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from gismo31:

yes for the lower part between the flippers . also need the decals for the small ships. thanks alot

Pas de soucis.
Je te fais signe si je trouve quelque chose.

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

I have flipped wear, some restoration is in order for mine, a decal for the little ship is needed as well

2 weeks later
#143 6 years ago

Just to let you know, guys,
I'm on the edge !

Found a guy around here who, alledgedly, made himself an overlay, and thus has got a good quality scan.

I'm struggling to get in touch with him, but i'm on it !

I'll come back to you first thing when I get it !

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Just to let you know, guys,
I'm on the edge !
Found a guy around here who, alledgedly, made himself an overlay, and thus has got a good quality scan.
I'm struggling to get in touch with him, but i'm on it !
I'll come back to you first thing when I get it !

Yeah buddy!

#145 6 years ago

Victory !
I managed to get in touch with the guyafter a long investigation
The only problem is (I quote) that his file got corrupted.
The only one he has is his Illustrator one, 95% completed.
The 5% missing are a shading around the saucers.

I might have to ask someone to do that. A friend or one of you...

Currently waiting for the file...

#146 6 years ago

fantastic news !!! please let us know when you've the file. a friend of mine works in a picture shop so...

#147 6 years ago

Hooray, guys !
I received the package !!!
I'll try to have a friend work on it this weekend.

'til then, send me an MP with your email address.
I'll send it back to you once it's all done.

#148 6 years ago

I think my Robowar is going to outlast my TX Sector. Been thinking of listing it as it gets no play compared to the War of Robos!!! Such a great game.

#149 6 years ago

I do not remember where I got this one ( Robowar little ship) but hope it helps a bit

image-18 (resized).jpgimage-18 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 590 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robo-war-fan-club-all-welcome/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.