View topic image gallery

images-450.jpeg
e28ec4e1c39edc756730ca1f0feb18b9.jpeg
10525784_737592579634820_374360440520340844_n.jpg
darth-free-hugs.jpg
smartass-1.jpg
i-am-back_00126660.jpg
#1 9 years ago

As the author of the "Robins Gone. Let's test the mod's" thread I thought I'd post a follow up.

I grew up in this hobby with RGP. No moderators, wild, wild west and you better grow thick skin fast. I made a lot of mistakes over there but I learned and adapted. I'm grateful for my time there and still visit on occasion.

Many of us tried our best to make RGP a better place but with no tools it was a near impossible task. Guys like Frank Furter and Gary Cubeta were impossible to manage and others would surely follow. The entire time I was there I kept imagining it had to be better with a moderator. Then came Pinside and I made the move along with many.

It is better with moderators IMO. I like and respect our moderators here. They're not perfect, they're human beings and make mistakes as we all do. But on balance I think they do a fairly good job. Pinside isn't perfect and never will be but trust me, its a far cry better than how RGP use to be.

To those of you who found my "Robin's Gone" thread to be busting on the Mod's... well.... I kinda was.... I'm a die hard smart-ass and no one escapes me.
But more than anything I was busting on all of us including myself. When we act like children, we should be treated like children.

Many thanks to the funny contributors of that thread and the good natured moderator's that rolled with it. Fun stuff.

Kim

#2 9 years ago

Thumbs up and great post Kim.

Robin's a genius and he and the mods are awesome. They all work hard to keep the site clean, fun and respectful. IMHO, Pinside is the best site on the web...PERIOD!

#3 9 years ago

I must have missed it, got link?

#4 9 years ago

Robin say's.....
i-am-back_00126660.jpgi-am-back_00126660.jpg

#5 9 years ago

LOLOL Lime! Nice one

#6 9 years ago

It was a fun thread for sure. And this site truly is awesome. I like the way it's organized, the many things I can do on my profile (game room, collection, Wishlist), so many good things and always improving. I'm glad I found this place.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

As the author of the "Robins Gone. Let's test the mod's" thread I thought I'd post a follow up.
I grew up in this hobby with RGP. No moderators, wild, wild west and you better grow thick skin fast. I made a lot of mistakes over there but I learned and adapted. I'm grateful for my time there and still visit on occasion.
Many of us tried our best to make RGP a better place but with no tools it was a near impossible task. Guys like Frank Furter and Gary Cubeta were impossible to manage and others would surely follow. The entire time I was there I kept imagining it had to be better with a moderator. Then came Pinside and I made the move along with many.
It is better with moderators IMO. I like and respect our moderators here. They're not perfect, they're human beings and make mistakes as we all do. But on balance I think they do a fairly good job. Pinside isn't perfect and never will be but trust me, its a far cry better than how RGP use to be.
To those of you who found my "Robin's Gone" thread to be busting on the Mod's... well.... I kinda was.... I'm a die hard smart-ass.
But more than anything I was busting on all of us including myself. When we act like children, we should be treated like children.
Many thanks to the funny contributors of that thread and the good natured moderator's that rolled with it. Fun stuff.
Kim

I'm a bigger Smart Ass

smartass-1.jpgsmartass-1.jpg

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

It was a fun thread for sure. And this site truly is awesome. I like the way it's organized, the many things I can do on my profile (game room, collection, Wishlist), so many good things and always improving. I'm glad I found this place.

Yeah, and that's just the site. The guys and gals here are the best part of the site. Tons of great, quality people who will invite you into their homes without a moments hesitation all in the name of playing some pinball. Does it get any better than that?

#9 9 years ago

I too appreciate the moderators. I always try and remember there are children on Pinside and so I try to act appropriate and be a role model. If I had a twelve to fourteen year old that was on-line and on a forum I would hope it stayed positive in terms of influence. I do like to go off every now and then-and some of the things posted are hilarious. The talk about alcohol and drugs I feel we can do without-but that is my .02

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I must have missed it, got link?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robins-gone-lets-test-the-moderators/page/4

That was a fun thread. We were at dinner Friday night when the Skittles post popped up man did we laugh at that one.

#12 9 years ago

...at Ye Olde Courte Motel

#13 9 years ago

Actually, I was posting on that thread and hit submit the very second Robin locked it down. So...my "wit" was forever lost.

In short, I thought the thread was pretty funny.

It didn't really test much of anything other than your abilities to hit the "tilt" button, and our server space. (Which was no big deal since I'm sure you all upped your donations to cover the extra stress. Ahem).

Pete

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

...at Ye Olde Courte Motel

You want no part of the "hugs" that happen inside that place.

Trust me.

#15 9 years ago

hehehehe....

darth-free-hugs.jpgdarth-free-hugs.jpg

#16 9 years ago

10525784_737592579634820_374360440520340844_n.jpg10525784_737592579634820_374360440520340844_n.jpg
#17 9 years ago

^^C-H-E-E-S-E!!!^^

#19 9 years ago

i laughed out loud

#20 9 years ago

Wow, that read like someone with a gun to the head.

#21 9 years ago

e28ec4e1c39edc756730ca1f0feb18b9.jpege28ec4e1c39edc756730ca1f0feb18b9.jpeg
#22 9 years ago

wow the RGP radio days, i actually liked it! but the inside talk and drama i did not understand.

is the sole main reason i have been using Pinside for a bit of pin talk and good karma. that Frank guy should be ashamed of himself. Mother likely disowned. but it was a win win for me. More new guys to help, and all the worthwhile RGP guys from long ago are all here. I do miss John (ahe).

I don't understand the moderator stuff but hats off to you to keep personal battles at bay!

it is still a little wild on here?? right?? crickets??

#23 9 years ago

Gerry for moderator...2015 !

#24 9 years ago

I feel the love

images-450.jpegimages-450.jpeg
#25 9 years ago

Thanks for the thumbs up PDX !

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Pinside isn't perfect and never will be but trust me, its a far cry better than how RGP use to be.

#27 9 years ago

Just remember i want 10% of that fat salary.

#28 9 years ago

I have never been to RgP know what it is for the matter.only discoverd this site. The other thread was fun to see even if it was done by you I think is what your saying now.

#29 9 years ago

This is my favorite quote from the other thread by Silverballer:
"Why do I feel like the big kids are out partying for the next few days and we have been left alone with a cool babysitter"

Silverballer was one of many that understood what my post was really about.

Quoted from tracelifter:

» YouTube video

Eric, did we ever find out who made these video's? They were hysterical.

Quoted from CNKay:

that Frank guy should be ashamed of himself.

There were many signs early on that Frank Furter attempted to invade Pinside. The moderators quickly shut him down each time and he never could generate the attention he so desperately sought. I believe he then got weary of setting up fake accounts and finally went away.

Quoted from Jackontherocks:

The other thread was fun to see even if it was done by you I think is what your saying now.

Thanks!....wait, what?....LOL.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Robin's a genius and he and the mods are awesome. They all work hard to keep the site clean, fun and respectful. IMHO, Pinside is the best site on the web...PERIOD!

I've met Robin and a bunch of the moderators. Genius - meh. Mods awesome - meh. I will agree they all work hard. Robin and Martin are very cool - good people.

The hobby would not be the same or experiencing the resurgence it is without pinside. It has been the catalyst for the golden age of pinball. Cheers!

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I've met Robin and a bunch of the moderators. Genius - meh. Mods awesome - meh. I will agree they all work hard.
The hobby would not be the same or experiencing the resurgence it is without pinside. It has been the catalyst for the golden age of pinball. Cheers!

Agreed! I can only imagine how many people were run off by the negative element of RGP over the years. Tons of great, wonderful people on RGP but they were always over shadowed by the intellectually disabled.

Great seeing you at Expo Bad Billy. Thanks for saying hello.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Eric, did we ever find out who made these video's? They were hysterical.

Yes, I finally figured it out and it was Nomad (Damon O) who made them and also came up with Garyrobottranslator2K.
Some of the funniest stuff ever on RGP.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Great seeing you at Expo Bad Billy. Thanks for saying hello.

Likewise, enjoyed the conversation. That's why shows are fantastic to attend.

#34 9 years ago

For the record the "Robin's Gone" thread zoomed to the top of my favorites list! I was quite sad to see it locked up. I vote this thread becomes the receptical of the "off pinball" humor we were enjoying so much.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

For the record the "Robin's Gone" thread zoomed to the top of my favorites list! I was quite sad to see it locked up. I vote this thread becomes the receptical of the "off pinball" humor we were enjoying so much.

I loved that thread. Didn't read most of it until I got home but everyone at Expo was telling me about the existence of that thread. I think it was a great idea.

I only locked it because after I got back home, I felt that it was no longer relevant. Plus, I wanted it to end at the height of its success.

But I did send a note to Mr68 to re-do it next time I'm visiting Expo or some other USA pinball event.

#36 9 years ago

After opening this thread I'm just relieved to know that there is nothing wrong with Robin's back.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

I loved that thread. Didn't read most of it until I got home but everyone at Expo was telling me about the existence of that thread. I think it was a great idea.
I only locked it because after I got back home, I felt that it was no longer relevant. Plus, I wanted it to end at the height of its success.
But I did send a note to Mr68 to re-do it next time I'm visiting Expo or some other USA pinball event.

Please tell me about the LE Robin. What do you think of it compared to the Pro since you've played both?

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Please tell me about the LE Robin. What do you think of it compared to the Pro since you've played both?

I'm gonna be honest with you, I wasn't paying that much attention! Imagine this: getting a tour of the Stern factory and then suddenly one of the factory line workers says: "Wanna play?" "Sure!" "Oh hey, it's an LE, how Cool!" But it was not completely finished yet. They still needed to install the fishtank, I remember. It played great, I loved how the ramps seemed different from the pro. But there was no glass on it, the game was on a cart (so no pushing possible) and I only played two balls. Didn't get to fire the crossbow either. But many have asked what I thought of it and I honestly could not give you any kind of recommendation or anything. I think TWD is a pretty cool machine, having played dozens of games on the pro here in Amsterdam and another dozen or so games on the pro at the Stern party on Friday at Expo. Great game, that's all I can say

On a side note: I didn't know that Jody was taking a picture of me playing, to put on Sterns Facebook. You won't believe the amount of e-mails I got from that, people asking what I thought of it. Haha. I gave all of them a similar answer to the above. Thanks a lot, Jody.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robins-back and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.