(Topic ID: 226696)

Robin Williams Hook machine

By tomtest

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 5 years ago

Well I bid on Robin Williams personal Hook machine today, absentee bid in NYC Sothebys auction, talk about not even being close, it was a gift from Steven Spielberg who directed Robin in the movie, it sold for $16,000 with a 23% buyers premium!!

#2 5 years ago

What was your bid? Anything more than $3000 is over paying no matter who owned it

#3 5 years ago

I figured it would go for more than $3000 to $5000. With names like Spielberg and Robin Williams probably some other celebrities bid on it. Wouldn't surprise me if Jay Leno isn't now making a pinball collection.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Anonymouse:

What was your bid? Anything more than $3000 is over paying no matter who owned it

My bid was $2300, with the buyers premium would have taken it to 3K

#5 5 years ago

Was there a plaque or something unique that showed that this machine was presented to Robin Williams? Or was it just a production game that he owned?

#6 5 years ago

http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/ecatalogue/2018/creating-a-stage-collection-of-marsha-and-robin-williams-n09977/lot.pr.9V3HS.html

Pinball machine, with key (76 x 54 x 24 in.; 193 x 137.2 x 61 cm), with back glass vignettes featuring Dustin Hoffman as Captain Hook and Williams as Peter Pan; with plaque reading: "World Premiere, December 8, 1991, Specially Produced For Robin Williams, by Data East Pinball, Inc. This was a gift from Steven Spielberg, who directed "Hook.""

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Was there a plaque or something unique that showed that this machine was presented to Robin Williams? Or was it just a production game that he owned?

It says there's a plaque, but I'm wondering if it's just the score card on the right side on the apron.

#8 5 years ago

Wow 16k and they didn't even show any shots of the shooter lane

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robin-williams-hook-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.