(Topic ID: 28254)

Robin ,, Thread - Self Moderation option !!

By BLACK_ROSE

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Self Moderation !! How do you Feel about it !!”

• I think this Is a Perfect Idea !! 6 votes
      9%
    • I don't like it !! 44 votes
      64%
    • I Enjoy watching Thread's being Destroyed 11 votes
      16%
    • B_R is The King , but Screw him , Yr Idea SUCK's !!!! 8 votes
      12%

(69 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th_DCA.jpg
    th_3518879703.jpg
    WH20-.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrwizzo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 11 years ago

Last night I used "ignore" on a member for the first time ever. It gave me the option to customize what I view without imposing that on others.

I think the scenario being discussed would cause all to be controled by one, and that would not be productive. Leave the macro management to the moderators and exercise your options on the micro level.

I think this may be more about vindication than monitoring.

What could make sense is a standard delay of maybe two minutes before a sent post appears allowing the author to rescind or alter the post. It seems that clarity of thought often is produced by hitting send, but then it is too late. At least this has been my experience at times. This would provide additional self moderation.

Kind of a waiting room to allow for reconsideration and common sense for the more emotional and passionate.

Quoted from TaylorVA:

Self moderation should happen right before someone hits send IMO

BRAVO Taylor! Best sentence written in this thread. Except

Dan

#32 11 years ago

There is no way BR meant FU as "for unlawful carnal knowledge."

I think he was trying to be diplomatic and coin a new abbreviation for "Fortunately or Unfortunately."

Quoted from lpeters82:

Honestly, I think we need to accept that this is the internet. There is going to be some drama. I guess I'd just try to take it with a grain of salt. Although, I'd also be in favor of political and religious discussion. Sure we all enjoy pinball, but sometimes it's fun to discuss and debate other things. I guess people who resort to name calling and bashing don't gain much respect in my view anyway. It's not a good way of getting your point across.
    What I might suggest is an ignore option. If you don't want to see posts from a particular user you can opt out and ignore them. They will still be posted in the thread and everyone else will be able to see them, but because you have that user ignored you wont.

Great Post! In total agreement on all points. Especially open discussion on non-pinball topics. Used the ignore option for the first time yesterday. It was a much better choice for me than tearing into what I didn't appreciation and found offensive.

Dan

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

I never used the ignore feature, but why would you not want to know all comments? Ignorance is bliss, but knowledge is power.

True. However, I, when appropriate for me, would rather blissfully not know about the next comment from the ignorant. Not all who have access earn equal attention, especially those who crave it negatively. But please indulge yourself in whatever suits your taste and need. No problem here.

Ignore for me is self moderation. If I know that a comment or turn is going to draw my claws and fangs out in the truest sense, I would rather ignore than allow myself to take that turn.

Dan

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrwizzo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robin-thread-self-moderation-option?tu=mrwizzo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.