Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by scooter
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chocky909.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 10 years ago

No ads please.

#15 10 years ago

You Americans are weird. Most of you actually WANT ads don't you? I mean fair enough if Robin REALLY needs to do that but he hasn't hinted at that as far as I've seen. Hopefully donations will keep the site ad free and all the pinball related businesses can be shared informatively and discussed in the threads WITHOUT PREJUDICE and if they are good guys and deliver a good service then that will spread by word of mouth. That's how business should work. Do something well - get paid fairly. Call me a communist if you like but modern advertising is just a horrible thing.

#20 10 years ago

You've just paraphrased Akuma's joke.

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from FiveSixPyro:

Can you explain why they are so horrible?

I could write a small essay on the subject but it would take time and effort and I really can't be bothered and I doubt anyone would appreciate hearing my opinions anyway. If someone is willing to debate me then I suppose I could but it's pretty off topic. I'll just settle with expressing my preference for having no advertising on Pinside if possible. Of course it's Robin's choice and if he does choose to bring in adverts then I'm sure I'll survive. I might think twice about donating though.

Quoted from FiveSixPyro:

Call me ignorant if you want but the Euro is the most horrible currency ever!

I don't understand what you are saying.

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

This is all Ted's fault he posted 1 too many Gif's and its bogging the site down

All these large animated gifs aren't helping I'll guess although I'm not techy with web stuff but do most people even realise that Pinside hosts all those files that are uploaded? Maybe the uploading features should be kept for more Pinball related purposes?

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from NM:

No reason to make generalizations about and bash specific countries Chocky.
    One of the greatest things about Pinside--and specifically what Robin has done here--is to bring together people from all over the world, who most likely would never be exposed to each other otherwise, to assist and learn from each other...in the greatest hobby in the world.

You're right obviously. I wasn't seriously suggesting all Americans think the same but they do have a more positive attitude to advertising in my opinion.

#69 10 years ago

What does advertising have to do with tax?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chocky909.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robin-is-requesting-donations-to-fix-slow-response?tu=chocky909 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.