(Topic ID: 255075)

Robin: Can you share some pinside big data?

By Whysnow

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DBLM
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor.gif
    The Jerk (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I like data.
    I am a data dork.
    I enjoy seeing the numbers in all things.

I assume Pinside has an insane amount of interesting pinball data to be able to see trends of what is going on in the community.

Recently I have been observing that it seems some titles that should come around much more often have started to dry up and supply has all but evaporated.
    On the other hand, some era of games have gone through dramatic ups and downs in my time of collecting (i.e. Everybody wants game X; usually due to a Pinburgh final featuring it or a nice example at a show)

The ebb and flow and growth of the pinside membership. Lurkers, vs active members, vs how the sire is used could be cool to learn how the hobby has/is evolving.

Robin > do you have this data mined?
    Are you a data nerd and have the inside scoop on some flatfiles for fellow data nerds to play with?

Any pinside feature you could share or add for those of us that like data.
    Market trends, etc? but using real world numbers.

#4 4 years ago

gotta be honest... some of you dudes are kind of weird...

I just like data.

Quoted from metallik:

"Help me find the rare machines before anyone else discovers they're rare..."

and I know all the games I like and own most of them. Not sure why you constantly attack whenever I try and actually add a new topic or discussion that may be different or add some value beyond the talk of mods, the same old LEDs, or what the next new game is?

Quoted from snyper2099:

Makes me want to look elsewhere to try and actually participate in a community

I know what you are saying. Makes it hard to try and participate positively here sometimes (see above of perfect example of a consummate attacker)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robin-can-you-share-some-pinside-big-data?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.