(Topic ID: 255075)

Robin: Can you share some pinside big data?

By Whysnow

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DBLM
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor.gif
    The Jerk (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

I got ur data right here. I've noticed a trend these days of a lot of users posting wand ads for insanely rare NOS PF's and games as well as making posts to stir people up and then stalking people who downvote those posts. Makes me want to look elsewhere to try and actually participate in a community that appreciates others for who they are and not for what they own or what games they want to whine about when the code is not exactly what they expected from an $8K toy.

#5 4 years ago

I don't think poking fun = an "attack". If you dish it out, you have to take it too.

The "trends of what is going on in the community". That's easy... Just look at the front page on the Pinside forums. Then listen to Kaneda's podcast a few times so he can "set you straight". Total poop show. I would rather stick sharp objects in my eyes.

Honestly, I have to stay in specific (tech or buy/sell/parts, off topic) forums or I get overwhelmed with the waterfall of drama that I could care less about. If it's not about repairing, playing, or collecting pinball is some way, my attention is quickly lost.

#1 on the don't care at all TOPICS - ALL playfield issues threads. Followed closely by all price trend threads. Followed closely by "rumor and please make this game" threads and the "I got screwed and I'm outing this guy" threads.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Really just a short sighted, stupid comment.

All of these "new issues" have been around for 20+ years. ALL OF THEM. I have never cared about them and I don't care about them now. You understand now bud? Why do I have to care? What does CARING OR TALKING accomplish?

Everyone just likes to hear themselves push the keyboard keys in those threads. Nothing is ever resolved and nothing ever will be resolved. It's pointless. "Playfield issues" and "I got my feelings hurt in a deal" threads are the worst, most toxic discussions on Pinside, period. They are bad for you... so bad.

Businesses cut corners to make as much profit as possible. Pinball is not special regarding this simple fact. Nothing anyone types on a forum is going to change a damn thing. The keyboard do-good-ers will not sway how a business does business or does not do business. Never will... never.

If it keeps you entertained and chiming in with the problems that you have, great! Keep at it.. Just not entertaining for me. I've seen it all and it ain't going to change.

Quoted from metallik:

Why in the world would Stern's playfield return policy be the #1 issue to a guy who is buying Shaq and Sharkey's Shootout??

Funny. It did take me a long time to find those titles in great condition.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

You are an idiot who thinks that a group of concerned consumers shouldn't band together and make these issues known in order to fix them.

LOL. You have fooled yourself beyond being saved. Sorry, I didn't realize that now you are the leader of a "group of concerned consumers" that are banning together... what is the name of this awesome organinzation?

I realize calling people names is cool and irresistible when they don't understand. It's ok, I understand now too. Maybe you just need a hug... or a shot of Jack.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robin-can-you-share-some-pinside-big-data?tu=snyper2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.