Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball_Magazine_Robert_Gagno_special_(cover)_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpg
    RG-PAPA-Champ.jpg
    ohcanada_(resized).jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Congrats, awesome to watch!

#2 8 years ago

Hey, someone did this thread without saying who it was. Cool. I won't either, but that was one hell of a finals!

#3 8 years ago

Very very cool to see happen. Never got to see the finals via Twitch before. Great day! (No, I won't spoil it, either)

#4 8 years ago

Maybe someday we should have a viewing party.

I very much enjoyed it. The final four had some very good games at the end.

#6 8 years ago

Always got to be one.

#7 8 years ago

IMO Robert was guaranteed to win because he used the triggers on DM. Haha. Congrats Robert!

#8 8 years ago

Congratulations, Robert! Truly a significant moment in pinball.

#9 8 years ago

Yeah original had the name in post thread and then realized many may tune in later so quickly edited the post. Regardless it was some great play and cool to watch.

#10 8 years ago

Yeah, way to go Robert!!! I'm fine with talking about who won and lost inside the thread. Just don't put spoilers in the thread title please.

#11 8 years ago

Probably the most exciting PAPA final to be on camera.

#12 8 years ago

Way to go Robert!!! Great match everyone!

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Probably the most exciting PAPA final to be on camera.

I haven't seen any others, but that was pretty awesome. Especially that last game on FG.

#14 8 years ago

Incredible... Congrats Robert, truly an inspiration.

#15 8 years ago

For those of you who don't know some of Robert's story... Enjoy... So happy he won !

https://vimeo.com/135844794

#16 8 years ago

Congratulations Robert!

#17 8 years ago

Who were the final four?

Marcus

#18 8 years ago

Congrats Robert!! Great playing

ohcanada_(resized).jpgohcanada_(resized).jpg

#20 8 years ago

Congrats Robert!!

#21 8 years ago

Congrats Robert.

#22 8 years ago

Home town boy does good! Couldn't happen to a nicer man and family. Well done Robert, well deserved

#23 8 years ago

Excellent Robert,You are number 1

#24 8 years ago

Are the finals available to watch anywhere? Or is it just live?

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from sadler28:

Are the finals available to watch anywhere? Or is it just live?

https://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball/v/59750617

#27 8 years ago

We watched it live streaming in the car on the way home from the Midwest Gaming Classic. Great to watch.

#28 8 years ago

Got it. Thanks! Couldn't find it searching on my own

#29 8 years ago

Fantastic!

#30 8 years ago

congrats Robert! definitely an inspiration.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

For those of you who don't know some of Robert's story... Enjoy... So happy he won !
    » Vimeo video

wow what an awesome story!

Congrats Robert from Georgia!

#32 8 years ago

I felt a bit inspired and did some writing about the event today at work. It is going to be edited and updated with pictures and grammar corrections etc ASAP but wanted to share it. It's long winded, but I think it's a decent read.

https://lafayettepinball.wordpress.com/2016/04/11/the-greatest-sporting-event-of-april-that-you-didnt-even-see/

#33 8 years ago

Congrats to Robert! Congratulations also to the 3 other guys, especially Jon, who's a veeeery nice guy besides being a very good player!

Who won the Circuit Final, KME ?

#34 8 years ago

I've never really gotten into the idea of watching pinball as a spectator sport (isn't it more fun to play?). But I have to admit watching the final round of 3 games in A finals was pretty engrossing and exciting. The Iron Man game was the highlight.

I'll do it again...unless I'm playing of course.

#35 8 years ago

Could not be happier for Robert and his family!

RG-PAPA-Champ.jpgRG-PAPA-Champ.jpg

#36 8 years ago

Was rooting for Jon in the final but you cant ignore that this is just a great story overall, especially with the fantastic looking documentary on its way soon. Well done Robert and also the other 3 finalists!

#37 8 years ago

Who won PAPA this year?
    THIS GUY!!!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#38 8 years ago

Great Story, thank you for sharing that. Congrats to Robert for his dedication and being number 1.

#39 8 years ago

Thanks, not done yet

#40 8 years ago

Pinburgh and PAPA 19 were great tourneys to watch this past year. Pinburgh had the awesome games of Hot Tip and Super Orbit. PAPA had the great final game of Flash Gordon. I thought Zach Sharpe made a great decision to pick Flash. Robert had a disappointing first ball which Flash will rountinely do but then had an otherworldly ball 2. Really fun to watch.

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

the awesome games of Hot Tip

Also known as watching paint dry

Seriously I love watching competitive pinball, but Hot Tip plays so long and grindy that it gets old for me quickly.

#42 8 years ago

So happy for you Robert! See ya at the next Flipper Freaks touney. Can't wait to hear about the win!

#43 8 years ago

Congratulations to Robert! I got the privilege to play a game against him at Expo on GOT. (He mopped the floor with me! I wasn't even on the same planet with him as far as skill!) It's amazing to watch him play!

#44 8 years ago

Congratulations to Robert on his victory!

Tommy Skinner wrote an article on the PAPA19 finals, which is now available as a free downloadable 12-page Pinball Magazine PDF: www.pinball-magazine.com.

Pinball_Magazine_Robert_Gagno_special_(cover)_(resized).pngPinball_Magazine_Robert_Gagno_special_(cover)_(resized).png

#45 8 years ago

Thanks for sharing it through your amazing magazine!

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Thanks for sharing it through your amazing magazine!

great article Tommy!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robert-gagno-papa-champ?hl=sadler28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.