(Topic ID: 242394)

Robert Brooks - Black Hole Transaction Issue (Resolved)

By knockerlover

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9078 (resized).jpg
IMG_9075 (resized).jpg
IMG-9072 (resized).JPG
IMG-9071 (resized).JPG
IMG_9074 (resized).jpg
IMG-9070 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#14 4 years ago

I've been screwed on deals like this --- twice -- in Allentown deals. On the last one, the seller had swapped boards and installed inoperable water damaged boards. Of course, I didn't check because of photos and video shared in the days prior showed no reason to do so.

It sucks. "You" want to trust people... but at the end of the day, you should only buy a game that can be seen and inspected in person. And even in those scenarios, don't stand in front of the game and ask questions. Dig into the game yourself.

People can and will actively pull a fast one on you if you let them. Not everyone, of course, but when it comes to money and fast transactions, it can happen very easily...

Ask around enough and you'll find some names frequently coming up (names that you constantly see here on Pinside). I know of three right in the MidAtlantic (two in PA and one in VA) that are always on Pinside selling games... and I could link you with multiple people that have all had issues of honesty with them.

Sorry that happened to you @knockerlover. Lesson learned

#17 4 years ago

You guys should take this to PM

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Robert has made good on his word and refunded $400 via paypal a few minutes ago. It is unfortunate that it came to this, but am appreciative of his resolution.

You should ask mods to take this thread down.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robert-brooks-black-hole-transaction-issue?tu=27dnast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.