Topic Stats

• 10,479 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (3 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (3 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (2 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (2 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xbmanx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8970 2 years ago
Quoted from Thanatos:

I still don't know all the rules, tonight on ball 1 I somehow got multiball without even getting up the ramp to pick a mode. I think it was all 7 of them because it was totally nuts. What the hell did I even do to even get it?
(Yeah, I'm pretty much a dummy with this machine. I can barely clear WHAT before my games are over.)

Sounds like you got house of 1000 corpses multiball - you knock down the drop target
And send 3 balls through the inner loop to get it.

#8976 2 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Fix you airballs on the #2 target by removing the foam and putting a post rubber behind, worked great for me!

you didn't happen to take a video of how you did this did you? I bought the post rubber, just don't want to screw anything up

#8977 2 years ago

Nevermind - i figured it out by looking at this switch diagram https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stand-up-target-faces-vids-guide - it definitely didn't eliminate airballs. It reduced them by maybe 50% - Still plenty of airballs.

#8979 2 years ago

Let's talk tilt. I adjusted my pendulum so it was centered nicely and kept the default tilt warnings at 3. No matter what I do I find the machine either warns and never tilts or tilts too easily if I change to 2 tilt warnings. Anyone feel like they have tilt setup "just right" on this? If so what settings are you using? Thanks

#8995 2 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Thinking about making the knocker my next add on. Works pretty good though?
Or hell can we get an annoying screech like Stern games? Completely joking with that suggestion

Works great with a knocker

#9019 2 years ago

Does the update reset high scores again?

#9022 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Your Commitment to code sets the standard

Agree, Thanks for all the hard work.

#9039 2 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Would it be possible to make entering initials for lowest score of the day optional via menu? It seems to really confuse new players when we have game nights. As a result when I fire up the machine I just start a game and let it drain to put the lowest score before anyone plays. Turning it on and off via menu would be a bit easier as I forget a lot.

I like this suggestion - i find it annoying. On location its kind of funny. At home I don't think it has the same effect

#9044 2 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

When low score comes up for initials, I just hit the left button once to select end and it automatically puts "daf". At least that's pretty quick.

i just do aaa

#9048 2 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

I would suggest the game over music play a bit longer. Just seems way to short.

Respectfully disagree

#9051 2 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

That's fine if you want the game over music to play longer but I don't like how the music keeps playing even when I started a new game. The volume needs to be turned down a bit too to match the rest of the volume levels.

Agree agree agree

#9056 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

So this cracked me up. I thought there might be two stuck but was amazed there are three. They are wedged just perfectly that the up kicker can't touch a ball and no amount of shaking was fixing it.

How did you fix - this happened to me today

#9058 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

I just used an extendable magnet and pulled the balls out. I haven't decided what to do long term. I think it's happened one other time with two.
My thought is I probably need to add something extending from the cage down so two balls can't get wedged there.

Thanks

#9083 2 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I finally completed 1K corpses with 1001 corpses. Woo hoo! I did not think I was going to make it...
Pussy Liquors is still a tough shot to hit consistently.

Agree. Hardest shot in the whole game and it's necessary to advance jackpots. I dont think there is a way to consistently hit that. Seems more like you try and sometimes you get lucky.

#9090 2 years ago

Tilt does not work properly....i have access to 3 machines - they are all the same - i know some kind of software fix is in the works.

Quoted from tmontana:

I was getting ready to host a pinball tournament last weekend and one of the things I do with all my games is tighten the tilts. I noticed on RZ that quick hits were not always registering. During the tournament people were getting away with some strong shakes where you could hear the bob hit the ring but warnings weren't always registering. A friend of mine came up with a solution that seems to work well so far. Basically he added a small capacitor.
Here's a pic and an explanation. https://www.reddit.com/r/pinball/comments/6vkejn/i_modded_a_rob_zombie_because_it_wasnt/
Software requests: On a related note I also noticed that I would not always get a tilt warning on the display when one was given. There would be an audio call out but I think any tilt warning should also always display. Also, the tilt bob does not work while the ball is in the shooter lane. Is this by design?

#9126 2 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Not discounting the possibility of a mechanical issue, but if it were, I would think more would fail at some point. Also, I would think we would have heard more reports of mechanical switch failures. I only replaced the "inner orbit" switch with a Stern rollover because a slow moving ball would get hung up there.
I'm going to keep an eye on switches not triggering. Not always easy in this game.
Question for owners: Do you adjust the flipper and/or sling strength at all? Just curious. I'm thinking about adjusting the upper flipper strength, but I don't want to make it "too easy" to complete the 'What!' mode.

i actually reduced my flipper strength to cut down on airballs

#9137 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I got it installed last night and it looks awesome. It's great to have a fully interactive display in the apron. I haven't tried HO1K yet but I imagine it will be much easier to check progress at the apron than looking up at the main display.

i think a sound there would be helpful

100 corpses
200 corpses
300 corpses
etc...

I always ask my wife how many corpses i have because you cant look up

#9166 2 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I tested it, and it's actually working, but the pop bumper appears to have become very insensitive. I re-gapped the switch. Hopefully that will fix it. The robot tests as though it is working, also. I haven't seen it turning during gameplay. Perhaps I just don't know how to get it moving. Haven't been playing this game much, but thinking of getting back to it.

In general the movement of the robot adds nothing to the game - my servo needs replacement and im not even bothering

1 week later
#9196 2 years ago

I dont agree the ramp is a lock -
I screw up superbeast all the time

#9212 2 years ago

I honestly like the dark playfield and even like dimming the lights and playing it in a darker room - im sure its easier to see with the brighter lights but i like the darkness of the dark theme

#9250 2 years ago

Ok so updated to v21 this morning.

Wife was playing, I was watching.

She had the ball go down the drain and ball save was on. Then the machine didnt reload the ball. The machine went into ball search and then launched 2 balls into the lane with the screen blank.

#9251 2 years ago

Another thing I notice that i felt was a problem in the last one - when you get into living dead girl multi ball and you hit jackpot a few times you need to hit a superjackpot to get jackpot to light again - the superjackpot moves but when its the inner loop near ldg there is no light that indicates thats the auper jackpot whereas there is a light when its the outer right or left loop

#9253 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I'l have this looked at again as well as the ball eject item you mentioned.. If the balls drain like that, and you think about it can you go into the menu system and check the switches, curios if a trough switch didn't trigger. When it went into search and kicked one out, it could have jarred it loose.

Will do. Thanks

1 month later
#9405 2 years ago
Quoted from Thanatos:

I'm still on v20 myself. Mostly because I don't want my scores cleared out yet. Anyone know a way to port them between versions?

Saving the score really doesn't make much sense because when the game gets updated it's literally an entirely new game with different scoring. So the score you had on v20 really has little to do with the score on v21 and beyond. Get an app like pindingo on your phone and you can save your score there.

1 week later
#9426 2 years ago

Is there a way to "flash" these machines and start fresh with v22? One of the machines I help someone with is kind of funky because i think they didn't follow the update instructions on v20 and the machines been a bit glitchy since. Is there a way to "start fresh" with the next update?

#9433 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

every time you do an update it is mandatory that you format the SD card, so this would essentially do a factory reset for you.

does the machine itself not contain any memory of the previous code?

#9434 2 years ago

What kind of glitches are you seeing? I think just a standard update would do a "reset." You can reflash the same version correctly or just wait until V22 drops and try again.

weird things like attract mode not working...in game glitches....weird sounds etc

#9442 2 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

Anyone have issues of two balls getting stuck in the wireform drop to the left inlane? I had a friend over who played the whole night and I had to unstick balls there 3 times. Thoughts on a "fix" for this?

maybe it needs to be leveled? whenever weird stuff happens with mine that's usually the case

#9446 2 years ago

I think this is a good idea. Maybe there could be 3 settings for adult mode:
Off: No profanity (no change)
On: Full profanity (no change)
Mix: Pulls from both pools of quotes (new setting)

love this

#9490 2 years ago

I installed V22 - Very Solid - No issues so far - Thanks for all the hard work spooky and fawzma

#9502 2 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

since the update my game is blowing the left flipper fuse after a play or two . it also likes to blow the upper vuk fuse a lot like once a week { this was before the update } i have the game out for public use . does anyone else have one of theses on route ?? just wondering if its too much for this game to be out in public

I can attest that his machine was down most of the tournament on black friday and is down quite a bit in general. I updated it to V22 on Friday.

2 weeks later
#9589 1 year ago

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but since the last update the coin counter and credit counter has not worked properly. I have noticed this on two machines.

#9605 1 year ago

what exactly is it not doing? not counting correctly? not registering at all?
please elaborate a little

Not counting at all sometimes and then sometimes it's super delayed. I think I have a video somewhere.

#9606 1 year ago

what exactly is it not doing? not counting correctly? not registering at all?
please elaborate a little

Here is maybe not the best video but its a video. You see it jump from 0 coins to 4 coins after adding 1. I had already added coins before that and it was still on 0

#9607 1 year ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Here is maybe not the best video but its a video. You see it jump from 0 coins to 4 coins after adding 1. I had already added coins before that and it was still on 0
» YouTube video

If that link doesnt work use this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/62e9d97xrc48272/IMG_0816.MOV?dl=0

#9609 1 year ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I have an update that fixes this. and a couple other bugs found.

awesome - i know its not just mine because i saw it on another machine so I was hoping it was already getting addressed

1 month later
#9722 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Are there any of these in the Austin, Dallas, or Houston areas to play? I can't find it anywhere.

Since only 300 were made and a good deal went to people's collections you are going to have a hard time finding these on location. I know of 1 place in New York and i've never seen it anywhere else. The map on pinside shows a few scattered around but not near you

2 weeks later
#9747 1 year ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

Hi guys, I know there is a series of posts on fixing the airballs off the center target, if someone could be so kind as to direct me to them. My game didn't have this problem until I moved it recently to a different spot downstairs.
Now its doing this often and rather violently, airballs flying off the target all the way back to the shooter and then down into the cabinet. Hitting the glass a lot too. I have the flippers dialed down to minimum power.

you can change the bumper pad to a post rubber or get a thicker pad for between the switches

I had this issue and got it to stop by playing with that stuff

1 week later
#9754 1 year ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Looks like the rumors about a Devils Rejects sequel may be true. Monster Mania posted this tonight about Sid canceling his appearance in March.

It’s not a rumor at all - it’s a fact

4 months later
#9909 1 year ago
Quoted from Juggla:

Hello Pinside Members whilst being a member on this site for a small amount of time i have never really posted anything or asked for any help from other members but i seem to be having a problem with my RZSSI machine and I have searched around the internet and i cannot find an answer to my problem anywhere (Knowing the limited amount of numbers I didnt expect to see many answers)
I am having a problem where if i leave the machine on for about half an hour or sometimes less than that i loose all images on the display altogether, there is no attract mode images or high scores and if you push the start button it has no sound as well as no screen and if you open the door and push the menu button it just says SD CARD ERROR and needs to be powered down. It has the latest firmware installed as well is there anybody else who has had this happen or could shed some light onto the subject
-Juggla

The exact same thing is happening to the one at Rock Fantasy in Middletown, NY. They are having so many issues with it they are taking the game out of tournament play. I also am 100% sure the updates have been done right (at least the last 2) because i’ve done them and I have my own RZ at home.

#9914 1 year ago
Quoted from Juggla:

I did what Christopher said in the reply to my comment and it seems to be working fine now the only thing i did different was I copy and pasted the update to a freshly formatted brand new class 10 SD card, i just did this in case there was something wrong with the card i had as well but everything works again 100%

We can try that

2 months later
#10043 1 year ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Is there a way to turn off high scores. every game i play i have to put in the high score. EVERY time. every day i play i have put my initials in?

On v23 you can shut off the low score initials and the put your initials in screen comes up a lot less

#10050 1 year ago
Quoted from Doot77:

Yeah why is it v23 never came out officially? I recall v22 introducing an issue with the trough ball eject that my game has and it’s probably been a year since that code came out

Hit fawzma up and im sure he’ll send it to you - it’s solid -
Ive put it on 3 RZ machines

#10064 1 year ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Having a four player game all trying to get to Hell Bound on co-op would be fun. If Spooky were to add multiplayer modes the ability to steal locked balls and/or murder ride cards would be especially awesome in my book.
Really other than the House of 1,000 Corpses scoring I'm really really happy with this game. Charlie and crew created an amazing game and I love playing it.

^^Agree with everything you said - Co-Op mode should be Spooky's "Thing" since no other machine does it.

#10067 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Not positive, but I think this is a P-ROC thing. The P3 games have this feature, and then TNA incorporated because it uses the same boards. I don't think the boards in RZ can do this, but I could be wrong.

I didnt realize p3 had it. That’s cool.

1 month later
#10168 1 year ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Hey guys,
can anybody help me with the following (minor I know) problems?
Attract sound: Changes will not be saved
I have this disgusting door sound during attract mode all the fucking time and I‘m unable to turn it off as unfortunately the attract sound „off“ setting will not be saved obviously. Don’t know where the problem is. Can’t be a battery problem as the high scores stay?!? Very strange. I change from on to off and leave the menu...when I close the door the attract sound is there again and when I open the door and enter the menu attract sound is „on“ again
Ball save is on/animation is there but game ends and ball save is not working
My machine never did that before but does it now all the time. Any ideas? This odd behavior started in the middle of a game and stayed for all further games
Target „1“ not working
We literally tried everything (bend it a little etc.) and though it works in test mode when you test with your fingers it won’t register during the game.
Last question: How did you set the Music vs the Speech Volume or whatever those two are called in the menu? On my machine I was not able to find the right mix
Thanks a lot any help is very appreciated
Lars (loves pinball but has not a single clue when it comes to technical stuff )

Do you have the newest v23 software? I found it fixed some
Weird problems on one of the Rz machines i take care of

#10172 1 year ago
Quoted from lamihh:

No I obviously have V22 installed. Will update my
RZ and look if it’s fine then. Thanks dude!

Happy to help

2 months later
#10252 11 months ago

I installed V24. I played a few games and notice no difference from V23 Beta that's been out for a long time.

7 months later
#10385 4 months ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

The code is complete all the way through wizard mode, and a ton of goodness was added in a massive Spooky / Ben Heck 2 week spree before the final release.
There is 1 bug we are aware of that needs squashing. That will happen.
Infected mode is in the game the best it can be... we tried everything to make it work as originally described but it wasn't consistent and kept popping fuses. We have to lean towards function vs. fun sometimes. Just the way it is.
Regardless, we're proud of the way the code & game came out.

It's a solid game. I can't get anywhere near wizard mode. Maybe I can beat 3 modes in 1 game.

#10403 4 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Am I the only one that doesn't really like Rob in concert? I've seen him 3 different times and was underwhelmed each time. I love his music, but something about the show didn't grab me. It's a visual production for sure, but neither my wife nor I came away thinking they were "good" shows.

I don’t understand this comment
At all. He is one of the best live performers ive ever seen (and ive seen a lot)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Waukesha, WI
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Plymouth, MN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xbmanx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside