Topic Stats

• 10,502 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by KingPinGames
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (3 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (3 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (2 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (2 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#106 4 years ago

I love everything they are doing with this. Great license (I don't care for RZ but like his passion and the horror/zombie theme), keep it somewhat limited (realistic production time and SLOW growth while giving plenty of time to keep development of #3 on track and ready for after #2 is all produced) , keep the price the same, improve on what was the biggest critique of #1 (art), support those that supported you (AMH buyers get first crack; still PLENTY left for others to buy), and HAVE FUN making and building games!

The biggest x factor for me at this time is can the new code guy do what Ben has done, listen to customers, tweak rulesets to be more fun, create risk/reward, etc... Ben is a HUGE part of the success of AMH and I hope it has rubbed off on the new guy.

Also obviously, the layout and design needs to rock and it sounds like they are making big changes from what was seen 2 MGCs ago, which is good.

Congrats on #2 announcement Charlie and really looking forward to seeing more images!

#147 4 years ago

Yeah, I too would be surprised if LEs last much longer. The reality is that there is no cash commitment required since this is not a preorder model and many AMH owners will get in and hope we see more details of game layout and art before needing to put down the relaitvely small deposit until build.

From my perspective the $500 is a pretty fair additional price given what sounds to be uprgaded armor and a real BG with new art?

My final decision will of course come after I see and play the final game and that is also the beauty of the Spooky model. I am sure I will get ample opportunity to play RZSSI before the game is really ready.

Luckily by getting in early I may also get a game on the front end of 2016 which would be good timing.

#251 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I would love it if you somehow included the "dragula" vehicle. I don't think Rob would be on board for it being a bash toy, but I do think he'd like it if it were a cover for a scoop (where the ball shoots at the flippers), sort of like the Whirlwind cellar. I'm thinking something like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/42v47ujip5vtyfn/dragula_scoop.jpg?dl=0

as the code guy I think he meant moreso game play form a coding perspective

#269 4 years ago

Pretty sure any AMH owner or non-owner paying attention has been following along with info they provided at the Denver show, on their website, on youtube, and on their social media?

I was gone camping with limited access over the weekend and had mentally noted that I better get connected to find out details and shoot off an email. I was able to secure my needs and got a confirmation back from spooky shorthly after sending them the request for LE.

I honestly do not think they should be changing anything. This may not be as smooth as they want (who knew that too much demand could be an issue?), but chaning things after announcement will inevitably lead to more confusion and not less.

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

One thing to note... Spooky is calling it an "interested" list. I'm sure nothing is secured until they start collecting deposits.

I was told I am getting a LE. Things change sometimes but I assume I will be getting a LE as told.

Charlie also said this which os pretty clear to me that the LEs are all accounted for

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

All LE's are already claimed by the AMH crowd

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Not worried. I sent the email to KT - I just asked if there were any LEs left as I figured they were gone by the time I sent my email. If I don't get an LE I wont sweat it.

and the beauty of this is no real differences between the LE and the regular where it matters so nothing to fret.

#282 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

and this one may not pass the wife test.

your wife is pretty cool and the boys are getting older. Whom doesn't like hot chicks in zombie form...

#421 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I sound like a conceited a-hole

hey, something we can all finally agree on.

Just drop it now. It is getting really old.

#561 4 years ago

Did Ben reveal anything new at the southern fried show?

I have been out playing pinball at KISS launch and don't feel like digging through the crap to see some photos or whatever Ben was showing today.

anyone?

#600 4 years ago

I heard this is completely sold out for ZenTron (still some available for anyone else)

Sorry buddy. Better luck next time. Maybe you can save up all your emails and spend one sending it off for Spooky #3 to say you are interested.

I tell you what... If you are hard up for emails I can lend you one at that time and send it off for you.

#629 4 years ago

L, R, 3, and 4 is a very odd way to name flippers.

LL, LR, UL, and UR makes more sense and is more descriptive with fewer characters. You guys need to work on your efficiency over at Alien pinball headquarters

#632 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Offer helpful respectful feedback and make new customers for them.

As thoughtful and respectful as I can be to you...

Please do not become a Spooky customer. In all reality you have expectations that are never going to be met and you will obviously never be happy. You have brought about so much BS already when all they have offered is to hold a spot for you for FREE if you send an email. It really is simple >> do you like spooky, RZ, the idea enough to send an email and say you are interested and would like the option to purchase AFTER they reveal the game? If so, then send an email. If those are not enough, then this game is not for you and move along.

If you have this much angst and drama when it costs you absolutely nothing then spooky is much better off not dealing with your shit when there is actually something worth being concerned about. It appears they are doing just fine without you and my honest feedback is that some customers are worth saying no to.

#733 4 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Man, where's Jared? What's that word he likes so much?...

LIONMAN!!!!!!!!!!!

1 week later
#833 4 years ago

will RZ come with a coin door able to accept a bill validator?

That would be nice and needed IMHO.

#836 4 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

That makes me wonder, does AMH have a coin door able to accept bill validators?

It needs to be retrofitted I was told? Not sure if that is still the case but I remember that being the case for the game that when to the MN fair last year???

3 weeks later
#890 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Don't be nervous, I am thinking this could lead to something great

I agree! Keep in mind that Ben Heck did not not much about pinball rules prior to his game and AMH has very solid rules. The thing that was of great importance is that Ben was also VERY willing to talk with pinheads that have great ideas and incorporate them into AMH (and continue to incorporate them).

A good programmer makes a fun playing game without bugs.

A great programmer solicits lots of feedback from great pinheads, filters it to maintain their own style/feel, and incorporates the good stuff into gameplay with appropriate risk/reward based scoring, and even/balance scoring so the game does not become one dimensional when hunting for points, and CONTINUALLY makes updates to improve after the game has been released. Real data and real feedback from those that play the game is very important.

Time will tell what category Fawzma falls in to. I am hoping he brings in some fun and fresh ideas for the foundation. I hope he then is open to suggestions from different types of players on how to polish/improve it over time.

#895 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

which gets us one step closer to making pinHeck available as a 3rd party platform

YES, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#929 4 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I may or may not have played it 5 minutes ago.

well...

give us some details binks

1 month later
#1002 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The two big questions marks for me are
a) the rules, which are just totally unknown since it's a new programmer
b) the playfield layout
I just wasn't crazy about the Pinball Zombies layout, to put it nicely. Didn't do it for me. They've made some tweaks, question is will they be enough or not?

I was told from someones opinion that I value that the value out is WAY improved and very cool. "still unique but a good shooter"
The rules >> still a big quesiton mark for me also. I have offered my 'asshole services' to fawza where I am happy to tell him how mush his ruleset sucks and what sort of pinball related tweaks he may want to make

He seems to have a very good idea of what he invisions and has laid out. I think it should be interesting to see what he comes up with and expect a fresh perspective. From my understanding he seems very open and ready to make tweaks (like Ben has and continues to do) and that is the most important thing IMO. Ability to take your lumps and make it better. AMH code has come a long way from where it was even jsut 1 year ago and has provided a really nice framework is my understanding.

Biggest news I have heard is that the animations are AMAZING! Hear that from 2 different people now independantly so that is what I am most excited to see next.

Do we have confirmation that a new whitewood will be at expo?

#1007 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

it's Terry's party or bust I guess, no Spooky at Expo is what I thought

yeah, that makes sense.

better spot for it anyway IMO!

#1011 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Wish I thought like that, but I get wide saucer eyes with new toys. I'm a total consumer.

he used to be, but now he is a subcontractor (#notanemployee) so he has a specific filter.

#1013 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's the reasonable approach IMHO.

agreed

#1019 4 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Anybody want to sell their spot ?

there are a couple AMH up for sale. I am guessing t=you could try to negotiate the RZ spot along with the AMH purchase?

#1021 4 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Not even sure how this RZ order process works right now other than names on a list?

that is about it. names on a list, but all those that had AMH were allowed to grab a spot I think.

#1028 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Just to clarify, Whysnow has no idea what the rules are. He offered to give his opinion as other have. At this point in time, I can't reveal any rules, please don't ask for them. I prefer to keep this gig.

Was never trying to imply anything different.

Side note: there is a precedent as the code guy that a few beers is all it takes for you to start telling us all sorts of stuff... first round is on me at expo

3 weeks later
#1125 4 years ago

looks REALLY good!

#1214 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I hope further down the line they make some more AMHs.

they won't and it has been clearly and concisely stated MULTIPLE times now. AMH is DONE after 150!

1 week later
#1253 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRebel:

I know dealing with the power differences might be an issue but what license do you need to sell overseas??

like you in particular are concerned with any license... LOL I thought this duplicate account of yours was frozen like the first one?

#1254 4 years ago

this game isn't going to make it to Expo.

bummer but totally understand.

When is it likely that people will be able to see and play the pre-production game? I am sure many would like to book our travel plans and PTO ASAP.

#1265 4 years ago

Why was ben dressed up as python?

#1272 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

for the the VAULT edition in 2018 or so...

I really don't see spooky ever doing that. They pick a number and stick to it. They have integrity and once they say something they would never do that. They understand the added value of something being rare helping to influence people to purchase (value tends to hold when limited so many pinheads see it as a safe game to buy knowing if they do not like it then they can sell later for a similar price ). Remember that nobody paid in on amh when it first came out and it was only after they decided to limit it to 150 that things picked up. Vault edition is Sterns thing.

#1274 4 years ago

Edited post to be more clear. Rare to help influence purchase is probably better that collectible as a way to say it.

Reality is that they have been very clear for making 300 so they can get them built in a 2 year span. Makes sense and my added point is that when they pick a number they stick to it; they have shown that with amh already.

#1284 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I am just curious. So would you hold it against them if they changed their mind?

They can do whatever they want, but any change of number or 'vault' crap post taking even a single dollar from a customer would not be a good thing IMHO.

To me it sounds like we are about a month out before they reveal the full game? and I think we each have to pay our 1k then? If that is correct then the sooner they can drop any info about change in number the better for them. From a business perspective they are dealing with a small and fickle bunch of repeat customers. I know I have made multiple buying decisions for both my personal collection and what we hope to put on route based on what was previously laid out by spooky and my plans to buy a RZ. I will understand if they change before money changes hands. Afterward and I will have little understanding.

I think they are doing it right based on their ability to build in a reasonable time, desire to keep it fresh with a new game every 2 years, timelines for reasonable development, keeping it a boutique model which tries to keep both ego and greed in check (hard things to do), etc... I like their business model and do not envy the tricky balance they need to make as they go forward. IMO they are doing it all right to this point and hope to see more of the same since their honest and open nature and desire to always improve and make things better is what makes much of it so cool.

#1292 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Exactly ! This crap about needing to know if it's one or a thousand is what has ruined pinball.
If you want one buy one. If there is excess demand please keep building to make buyers happy and more profit.

lack of clear communication and changing the rules mid stream is what has hampered the pinball hobby.

Short sighted decisions by greedy businessmen is a large part of what has ruined pinball. These are expensive toys and if you cant both bring in new people and retain current collectors/players then it will all crumble and fall. You scare off new buyers when you tell them one thing (providing some perceived assurance of rarity which tends to connotate retained value over time) and then switch it up.

i.e. people had the false/wrong perception that MM was off the table and IM were off the table and see what happened... This has resulted in the new idea that every game is on the table when it comes to high end B/W and high resale Stern games (as it should be). Perceptions have been altered but in the long term this has put a bit of a cap on pinball sales of older games and popular Sterns (likely smart business if you are Stern making new games or remaking old games).

With spooky they need to continue to set clear expectations and perceptions. Up till now charlie has been clear that 150 is it for AMH and 300 is the RZ run. Ben is now saying differently and this leads to confusing expectations which IMO is not a great thing when you are in business. "Controlling expectations/perceptions is hard"

Set your parameters and hold to them. So long as all expectations are solid before money changes hands then game on.

First and foremost is make a F U N game. Secondary is make sure you dont screw it up by letting perceptions become fuzzy.

I am looking forward to the big reveal and seeing how this thing plays very soon! I love our AMH that we have on route and it is holding up well (after the typical tweaks for every route game we put out; also big props to Ben for adding all sorts of user functionality in code that is very important for route use!).

#1324 4 years ago

Thanks for the clear communication charlie!!

#1381 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

but why would I make this game do what everyone else is doing? Can't we just make a fun game and be happy doing it

I think it is more of suggestion to look at how other games attempt to balance scoring and general play style.

Good pinball code requires the ability to ensure that a game does not have a single way to score points or a way for players to take advantage of a scoring weakness.

Good pinball code provides good risk/reward that mirrors to physical risk/reward of the game and makes it fun/challenging to all types of players. If you follow the lead set by Ben you will be fine. I am sure he will tell you that it took a while for him to refine the style of his code and his incorporation of feedback has been key to how awesome the game is now!

3 weeks later
#1465 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

165 pixels sneak preview!

artz.jpg

dollar says this reveals to be Bryan MFing Kelly fliping us all the bird...

#1480 4 years ago

Any details on how the production run is going to go?

I know that the plan is for a reveal very soon and a deposit required after that. My understanding is that the first games are still planned for early 2016 shipment? Will you be going standards then LEs? LEs then standards? A mix based on when people got on the list and what they requested?

Just curious, as assuming I like the reveal I need to budget appropriately.

#1486 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Not sure if anyone else plans to put their game on location

I would like to put out RZ (like we have with AMH), but the adult nature of it will limit the location it can safely be put at without offending some patrons I would guess.

I LOVE the adult content but not sure if it will be OK at all locations. I am fine with it staying at home if that is the case, but preference would be to share another rare and unique game built right in WI.

#1488 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Unlike AMH, we went into this one planning a selectable Adult Mode. There are "clean and dirty" versions of almost every line. This applies to many animations as well.

awesom news Ben!

1 week later
#1578 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Ok, Ben/Charlie, now that the cat is out of the bag - how about some details. Is it RGB LED? LCD? What's the scoop!

ummmm.... hasnt this been know for months now?

#1582 4 years ago
Quoted from Street:

Cough cough I heard color dmd.

That was posted 5 months ago and the coder then joked about it in this thread??? I thought it was obvious to all that this was color?

#1609 4 years ago

Ben >> come on out to Pooleys for the monthly tonight and I will prime you with beer so you can start talking

#1623 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Certainly low enough to never expect to see one on route.

I see 11 AMH on route and that is from a run of only 150 with probably only 120 currently built.
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/americas_most_haunted/owners

We have one for people to play in Madison, WI.

Assuming we get a RZ, I see no reason it wont be out to play also.

#1655 4 years ago

Ben Heck was spilling all the beans last night

Looking forward to the big reveal!!!

#1682 4 years ago

Excited to see this Charlie and congrats on the new office (even if it does not have a roof yet )

Can you share more details around the expected timing of notice/reveal to commitment/deposit request in order to maintain a spot in line?

I would like to be able to plan accordingly for when my 1k RZ deposit will be needed.

#1718 4 years ago

300k showing up in team spooky mailbox on friday. That is what I call a holiday bonus

#1747 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I have yet to see an AMH in the wild, and I live one state away from their headquarters!

Schwoegler's in Madison is only about 1.5hr trip from you... in case you want to go see one in the wild for yourself

#1750 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

3 hours of driving to play a "meh" game? No thanks.

sorry I did not know you did not like AMH and thought you were wanting to find one in the wild. There are 11 other games at the same spot to keep your interest I suppose.

#1762 4 years ago

can we get an shot fo the old PZFBG in here? We have a few hours to go before reveal so lets have some fun examining the old one.

#1784 4 years ago

Good luck Chuck and gang!

I for one am very excited for what this new layout may hold.

All I really want to know is WHEN and WHERE can I play it?

Aside from that I am looking forward to checking out the build quality under the hood.

#1989 4 years ago

The upper pf looks oddly open.

I really am looking forward to gameplay video on this and also trying it out.

Charlie > is the shop open for visitors now?

#2118 4 years ago

I beat myself up over it 100 times and left it knowing full well it was gonna get pointed out today. But, the more ya' play it, it just feels right.

in playfield roll over would be sweet!

Did you try those?

#2131 4 years ago

I absolutely hate installing them... real pain to get consistent in production.

I can only imagine.

Captive ball in upper right hand corner Did you try that?

#2142 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The game is done, people are buying it, what's the point of torturing Charlie by asking him to do things to his game that he's finished and presented?
Ask about code if you have questions or suggestions, that can change.

simmer down now Aurich.

Just talking pinball and nothing is EVER done until it is delivered! (as most modders know it is not even done at that time )

#2143 4 years ago

On the topic of code, can we get a general ruleset laid out for us?

Would love to hear some of the interesting concepts that have likely come about from a completely fresh perspective on coding pinball!

#2207 4 years ago

listening to C2Coast podcast now. Great interview w Nate and Chuck.

Enjoying this.

#2219 4 years ago

Charlie >> would like to see gameplay with room lights on for the majority, but would be great to see the lights turned off for a bit also (for those that like to play in the dark).

#2225 4 years ago

oh yes, confirmation that the coin door will now accept a DBV?

#2422 4 years ago

Really looking forward to gameplay video this week.

Also hoping I can make it to the shop to play the RZ sample sometime.

Gameplay (how does it shoot, what is the code/ruleset) is ALL I care about. I can say 100% that I have hated a few recent Stern games until the code was polished and it blew me away (looking at you TWD).

I look back at what I care about in a game and while art is a nicety, it is very far down the list.

Are so many people really so heavily weighted on art that any of it is a go/no go decision maker for them? or is it that we only have the art to judge by so far, so that is the main thing to critique?

#2464 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Art is how a woman looks.
Code is how she F#$ks.
We're initially drawn in by the art.

Actually, I am initially drawn in 100% by how she thinks and acts. How she looks is far down the list but again always a nicety.

I like women like I do my pinball, unique, a bit quirky, intelligent, and a bit rough around the edges while continually challenging me so I want it more.

either way, this is better than any carguement

#2559 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Curios what this being a fist pin has anything to do anything? Rules are laid out, and I work to those rules. The designer verifies I'm doing what they have envisioned. I can't exactly do it wrong. I am making sure all bugs are worked out, and all key pinball elements are included. Trust me, this isn't a "my way" project, I have people to answer to. Granted, I have put spins on things that Chuck and Ben never thought of, but again they either approve or disapprove.
Ben and I have made a lot of changes to the way his system works internally based on certain features that have been added. The way the video mode work is one of them.
I also had to work on decoupling his AV processes, to put more of the work on the game code side. This will make future games MUCH quicker to get done. I'm pretty sure I spent more time getting those parts worked out, than the core game code.
In the end, the game will kick your ass, and you'll come back for more because you have this burning desire to kick its ass.

looking forward to it!

#2598 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

If you "borrow" ideas from some of those than we should be in for a treat

thumbs up (except for shitty ACDC)

#2669 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I think everyone who plays has their favorite mode.

I hope you are working to refine and balance the modes so favorites are not merely based on what is the most lucrative for points and more because of what you enjoy playing???

I have one important question concerning code. Is there a plan to continually take on feedback from the game owners and tweak/improve code like Ben has done with AMH over time?

I think that is very important to know.

#2841 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

it will be a user setting.

user adjustable settings are ALWAYS a good thing!

Mini-modes are also a good thing (talk to frank about WOOLY coding if you want ideas).

#2860 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

dude, ........aww man never mind its just not worth it

was this in reference to me?

#2863 4 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

'Hey Fawzma is a professional...I am sure he knows how to code, or he wouldn't have earned the gig'

that is like saying pinball coding is the same as coding stuff at mircosoft...
or that doing art for a playfield is the same as painting on an open canvas...

#2928 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I suggest that you get a switch multiplier based on the amount of balls currently in play.
This will definitely make it so the player focuses more on "frantically trying to stay alive".

good idea but I would suggest a coded mutiplier.

7 balls in play = 1.7 switches per hit
6 = 1.6
5 = 1.5
etc...

Still keep the 2x and 3x pf switch possibility.

This would definately incentivize a very fun and frantic player stragety that changes based on how many balls in play.

7 balls in play and I am just trying to keep it alive while also smash a 2x pf at some point. As balls drain then more effort gets put on grabbing the 2x and 3x pf.

The exact numbers of 1.? per ball in paly would need to be tweak over trail and error but a VERY cool concept.

#2955 4 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Can you put the code in for a spinner and then we can install one ourselves??

this would be awesome!!!!

Spinner is honestly the one thing I would love to see in this game somewhere that also seems very feasible to still add at this stage.

#2965 4 years ago

along rules, it never hurts to steal good things form other games.

I am a huge fan of the "bonus lost' thing that has apparently been added to WOZ.

you tilt and it still tallies up your bonus to tell you how many points you tossed away. On a fun note, would be great to also have a leader board for this! GC of "most points tossed away "you loser". Have a special callout that is triggered if you surpass the current leader for the dummy prize.

#2979 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

which I know isn't the market for the majority of these

with almost 10% of the AMH available on route, I would not rule out route use for RZ.

#2988 4 years ago

not the majority of games... the VAST majority of plays will surely be on the 10% or so that get shared on route...

That is equally important to future success and sales, so catering to the operator (even if only 10% of games) still has real and tangible value IME.

#3027 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have no idea if it even makes sense mechanically, but the only suggestion I can remember was on the upper playfield.

upper pf or left orbit. both would be cool

#3130 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Just because people are buying it doesn't mean the art isn't bad. It just means those people don't care about the art.

or it means they like the art?

#3134 4 years ago

Actually Art is VERY subjective and I like all sorts of stuff that "artists" would tell me is crap.

For RZ, hard reality to me is that with a well advertised list of over 700 deep, a hard limit of 300, and the knowledge that 1000 holds your spot it really comes down to this being a smaller risk verse expected demand and many people feel their hand was somewhat forced but comfortable that the limited nature alone makes it worth jumping in.

For me personally I wont really know if I actually like and want the game until I play a production machine with code at least 80% festered out.
Reality is that will not ever happen with the way this release went (7 days to decide based on a buzz flick, photos, and a short ball in hand video) so the real choice came down to, "Is this good enough to risk 1000 on a deposit in order to give me the shot to own a game that I will likely never be able to find again without paying a premium on the secondary"

For many the answer to that question was yes.

I know for me personally the cab and trans art is some of the best ever seen on a pin. The playfield (really the insert text and plastics which IMO are just out of place and look like an entirely different artist slapped them on as an after thought) not so much but it still feels cohesive as an overall package and that is overall better than 99% of other games ever made.

This art as a whole is some of the best stuff out there and pretty sure the cab and trans follow a bunch of your 'rules' to art (3rds, saturation, perspective, all that hoopla )

#3149 4 years ago

So happy for everyone that is getting their number!

#3221 4 years ago

We like Tom.... we don't like him THAT much! Even if KT did try to swap Bug's braces for Tom's game.
By the way, that offer still stands!!!

what other things are you looking to barter for????

#3256 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Now I really want to see an abacus counting up your bonus points in the background.

Definately needs an option for abacus scoring

You complete a mode you get 1 point... LOL

#3270 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Wow, Bible Adventures is selling faster than AMH already.

when do we start on design?

#3360 4 years ago

Wait... Do people really do those crappy edge connctors still?

#3362 4 years ago
Quoted from LonghornEngineer:

Your entire PC is filled with them! J12 will just be used for testing and diagnostic. Someone has to test these boards coming off the assembly line

Yeah but i don't pull connectors on or off of boards in my pc ever. Diffferent application. Edge connectors for pinball boards are junk. There is a reason nobody else uses them any more. They suck on old gottliebs, trust me.

#3364 4 years ago

No, but i assume the boards won't only be tested and diagnosed once in their lifetime.

I know you are good, but crap happens and 20 years from now someone will be thankful if they don't have to fix a crappy edge connector to diagnose their game.

#3395 4 years ago
Quoted from LonghornEngineer:

The end user will never use this connector and it won't be used inside a game itself.

thanks for clarification.

Quoted from benheck:

Which also of course could allow Midnight Madness.

Rob Z would probably prefer 4:20 madness instead.

#3478 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

much better compromise. I've noted this as a feature request. I'll add after I'm done bug hunting.

or make the lane inserts movable with flipper button switches. Much better and more intuitive style for a player since movable lit/unlit lanes are standard fare in pinball.

In case this is not clear. You go over the inlane and then that insert goes out. You hit the flipper button and the inlanes/outlanes all shift over one (so now the inlane is lit again.) You could hypothetically go over the single inlane 4 times with switching the lit insert over each time.

#3490 4 years ago

amazing what you are able to make this board do Parker! Nice stuff!

#3501 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

according to latest spooky podcast, they are 3 away from selling out (not including #300). I don't know if that's going through the whole 700 list, or if they are slowly working their way up the list and giving each person a day to respond. And yet everyone was complaining they were only making 300, I think it's a good number.

Sounds like they only made it about 360 or 370 deep. cHarlie said over 500 on the waitlist and they have been going VERY slow and careful as they get to the last few commitments as they don't want any screw ups. he reiterated that you are only as good as your word and 300 is IT. No more, no less.

#3502 4 years ago

Got to play the game today and it plays really nice. the pf art looks better in person, the game is very challenging in a good way, the code is progressing, and it is unique.

Most important to me is that they have made some positive changes in build quality and have obviously learned how to make things better for production from AMH experience. sO long as fawzma keeps an open mind about tweaking and improving the game code once players start to get their hands on it,then RZ is going to be super solid and F U N!

Nice job charlie and crew! Looking forward to seeing this get built and progress over the next year!

#3505 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hilton, what has been done to improve build quality?
New shop? Mostly AMH experience?

New apron arch, better ball guide making process, pf through holes better aligned and routed for wire placement, more organized build and process, and just general pinball QC stuff that a trained eye notices. I have torn apart lots of games now and you begin to learn subtle things from those that made them in the past. sPooky have obviously worked on making number 2 better from things they learned on number 1. I like seeing that.

#3506 4 years ago

New slick ball trough.

They know what they are doing and the future looks bright for team spooky IMO so long as they keep on this trajectory and keep an eye towards continual improvuement.

#3516 4 years ago

to each their own, I like the LE backglass best.

The regular translite looks great also. Would love to own both images on a shirt.

#3535 4 years ago

thanks again chuck for having us out! Great times.

A few more photos located here >> https://www.facebook.com/MadisonPinball/

#3555 4 years ago

nevermind

ignore feature is your friend

#3564 4 years ago

The added "x" inserts will be perfect above the tombstone to help add some imagery there.

I will say it again, the PF in person looks much better and cohesive in person.

What really matters is the gameplay. The shot layout is really fun. It is a heavy right flipper game (lots of shots to the left) and shots are tighter and different placement than you think they will be which is challenging in a good way. The lateral movement on this deck is really nice and creates risk/reward.

What I am really looking forward to is playing on more vetted code. As far as I am concerned Charlie has done his job.

Art > Check
Good license > Check
Fun and Unique layout > Check
Cool Toys > Check
Good geometry with physical risk/reward > Check
Good music > check
Color Display > check
Hand drawn art (pf, cab, glass, toys) > check
Improved build quality > check

Fawzma > It is all in your hands now (no pressure)

Well and the hands of the minons to get these built with quality and consistency

#3565 4 years ago

There are a few things I plan to add to my personal game:

1. new plastics (I dont like the art on those and plan to make something a bit more my taste) I am not art inclined but hope to figure something out.
2. a spinner tied into the rattle bonus switch? Plan on putting the spinner on the upper pf right hand side. I have never seen a spinner on an upper pf and it will be fun to try and mod the game to add this somehow
3. Coin door to accept a bill validator. With 10% of AMH on route I am guessing a similar % of RZ may see route. If putting it on route it will need a DBV slot

#3572 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Spinner on the rattle switch may not be a good idea. I have that bonus stuff and other things tied to that because of how the ball gets in that situation. One hit of the spinner and you max out everything related to that rattle.

ok

Can you please code in a spinner on the upper playfield for me

or is there another switch it could tie into well?

This is a mod I will come up with so long as there is a cool/good way to implement it in the software. I will be happy to share with others whatever it is I develop. Basically I like spinners and want one. I feel it is the one thing missing from the game and completely understand the game is 'done' and dont expect Spooky to add it/ respect their decision to not add it. That said, would really be cool if there was a way for a modder to easily add it it and have the software work with the mod

#3579 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Is Ben redesigning the board? Maybe he would add a 3.5mm audio out?

that would be AWESOME!!!

Parker/Ben >> any chance of this? Headphone jack would be really great for this game!

#3611 4 years ago

Me too!

#3613 4 years ago

Easy. He is from Wisconsin.

#3617 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That means a lot coming from a FIB

Hey facker. Spent 3 months in WI every year since born and now proudly call it home for over a decade, i am pretty much a FWB.

#3631 4 years ago

Le has backglass ( a real backglass is what chuck said on sat whe i was there), special sweet trim with le specific powder, and plaque.

I am not sure all what constitutes the trim but hope it includes the rails, lockdown, legs, and coindoor. That alone typically costs me 250. Real backglass is worth another 250.

All seems to check out fine and is an appreciated thank you!

My undertanding was that art versions of both will be available as translite only. Great way for spooky to bring in some more funds.

#3701 4 years ago

when is the Jack Danger streaming?

#3728 4 years ago

IF you have the ability I will say that one of the better coding ideas worth stealing from and unnamed already failed company...

individual player tracking

The idea is that you could step up to a game BEFORE playing and hit a button combination along with the start button which would allow you to enter your initials up front. It then tracked all sorts of cool data in your player profile.

I step up and enter HMJ and then it keeps track of things like how many times I have completed mode x, gotten to multiball, collected jackpots, super jackpots, achived mini wizard modes, wizard modes, etc.

For a home play (or even route play experience) it would be great to be able to compare to others over time.

I could compare to my wife and have bragging rights for making it to X, Y, or Z.

This sort of player tracking would be a really cool thing that adds lots of lastability to a game IMO.

#3731 4 years ago

Having a high score in the Dodd family when you initials are not "ART" is probably pretty rare

#3734 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I have watched the gameplay video on this, and to me the game seems so plain and basic for the price. Am I missing something? Comparing it to an ACDC or MET (Both Premium) this game seems so bland besides the color DMD, which can be added on of course to both ACDC/MET of course.

different tastes for different people. To me both ACDC and MET are about as bland as they can get for modern pinball. (Hells Bells all the time, crappy cannon blocking view, fan layout, shoot the top X times for another multiball where you shoot the toy again; BLARGH and boring).

I have played RZ and it is far from bland. Gameplay has exposed pops and kickers with lots of lateral movement, a very unique shot layout which is challenging with some good risk and reward, and code seems to be progressing nicely. What exactly is bland to you about RZ?

#3743 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

None of you guys are worried that this title is made by a new company with no experience making pinball machines either? Just trying to see how this machine is a day one purchase at $8K+. Seems risky. But that's just my opinion of course.

I am more concerned that a user account less than 1 month old has so little experience yet such strong opinions with so many facts wrong.

Spooky has successfully built their first game and delivered ~130/150 total units already with largely positive reviews and desire to own (selling for more on secondary market than original price is telling). They have also started building their own manufacturing shop and seem to be managing their growth really well.

RZ is 6000 for standard and 6500 for the LE, not 8000 like you claim.

It is a day one purchase for many because it is a cool theme from a proven company in limited numbers. It also has a wait list over 400 deep of people that did not get the shot to buy.

The actual risk is VERY small and aside from any percieved risk the actual $$$ amount is ONLY 1000 deposit with the remainder paid when your game is ready. Spooky takes less money down than many Stern distributors do...

#3768 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Some tournament players could object to the multiplayer mode curse, but I personally love it. What a cool and interesting feature. And the whole dancing cat idea for family mode is a hoot. I love this ruleset.

I am sure that just like AMH there will be the ability to put the game into "tournament mode" in the settings which will then get rid of randomizers and make things more "fair"

#3769 4 years ago

Fawzma >> this game is pretty tough which is cool.

Any chance of some mini-wizard modes being added? It is cool to have some fun and unique rewards as you beat a subset of goals in the game.

#3773 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I really want what we have so far in peoples hands to get feedback as it is.

awesome and agreed with this. Good thing to get it into homes/ on route and once people start getting extensive play then they can give better/quality feedback.

#3820 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I would only have 2 or 3 based on major game events - I agree too many = iphone app

I wholey disagree. ANY and EVERY main mode should have a HSTD/achivement champ.

Only a few need an actual table of 3-5 people but every mode should have a champ. think TWD provides the perfect template.

Regular HSTD table, champ for each main mode, champ for each of the wizard modes, champ for X shot.

This gives people things to shoot for. It is good for both location play and for home play. There is little reason to not include more HSTD tables for achievments (wether score or time based). Making trackable achievements is a good thing and most pinball is still in the stone ages with this engagement of the player and desire to make goals.

This is a relatively simple thing to add and these are the sort of things that old men wont understand (change is scary, I know) but the younger generation identifies with and likes. I suggest getting out of your house and playing on location or having friends over more regularly to play your colleciton and you may start to realize the benefits of more trakcing and not less...

#3848 4 years ago

fawzma >> Listen to Ben Heck!

He is the real deal and has learned aLOT from AMH. Use that. PLEASE use that!

#3891 4 years ago

ball search typically is not after 30 seconds, WAY too long!

Go check out a few other games to get an idea of what a good ball search does.

Off the top of my head:
After 7-8 seconds with no flipper engaged (i.e. no ball search when someone is trapping a ball) then the game cycles through ALL of the coils a few times to try and free a stuck ball. Best practice would be to fire the coils where a problem would most commonly occur (i.e in this case VUK) and to fire in a pattern that is most likely to free a stuck ball the quickest.

Honestly, go play MORE pinball and pay attention to some of the things that are common features in coding. There is a whole litany of things that are expected and common in todays code that are both good for on route and for home play.

I love that you are a pinball novice as you have some great novel ideas but the game needs a swift kick in the ball saver to get some more commonplace code feature in place.

#3899 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Game #167 here where are the tits and asses. All I saw was a big ol shaved nut sack.

I agree. MORE snooches and booches please!

I am not sure what is so offensive about the coin slot animation but a ball sac getting cut off is OK (I like the ball save animation, but poll your buyers and I bet they would in majority like more coin slots along with the ball saves).

Dont let a few people hold you back on the full gore/sex/chaos that the game can offer I would say if Rob approves then it is all good.

After all, there is a PG mode is people dont like the adult stuff.

#3901 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Try not to take offense

no offense taken. Just providing some feedback from an avid analytical pinballer. We all need to know our weaknesses and out strengths.

I am a bad communicator online but know quite a bit about pinball, good ruleset, proper risk v reward, score balancing, what makes pinball fun, and things that make it much better codewise.

You dont have much experience with commonalities and best practices for standard things for the framework of pinball, but you have some great novel ideas for rules that are different than things that are commonly seen.

We can both work on getting better I would hate to see the failure point of this game be things you can refine in the code but have not seen the benefit of due to lack of experience.

If you want to swing over to madison, we can play a TON of games and take the glass off and I am happy to show you all sorts of things that would fall into the 'best practices category' for pinball framework. Take what you like and use that experience to make the game better instead of being defensive.

No offense intended.

#3914 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

However, it could be a perfect time frame for catching up on some beer consumption during game play, especially if you have to pull one out of the fridge and open up a new one.

VERY good point!

I am just pumped that Fozzy is just as open to feedback and discussion as Ben is! We are all on the same team here

#3939 4 years ago

when priority of other animations allows it, can the system show all 4 player scores in the corner?

It is always nice to get glimpses of scores when playing multple player games.

Also, cant remember of the top of my hear but during skillshot screens, doe the scores for all players pop up? In competitive play it is nice to be able and see where things stand as you are planning or changing strategy to make up points or be the rabbit.

#3956 4 years ago

I think there are lots of fun ways you can incorporate the upper playfield or opt to reward letting it drain.

You are on the right track IMO.

#3983 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I can change adult setting to be
family voice/family vid
adult voice/family vid
family voice/ adult vid
adult voice/ adult vid

that is pretty sweet!

#3987 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You could disable the flipper, but then non pinball people will think the game is broken.

what about for some modes having the mini playfield flipper enabled but only for X flips?

I always liek the idea of a choice for when you start a particular mode or avoid it. It brings in a bit more RPG style ot pinball if you can 'earn' flipper pulses on the main playfield before starting a mini-playfield mode.

For eaxmple the ramp could be a good feature to award mini-flipper pulses. Each ramp shot = 1 more pulse. Start with 3 pulses on each game and ability to add up to X. Then you learn to pick and choose when to use the upper or not.

Code can really do some great things with the mini pf.

You could also use combo shots to add to mini flipper pulse count.

#3988 4 years ago

oh, another mini pf thing that could be cool.

Have a mini pf mode where is flips back and forth which flipper button controls/pulses the mini flipper. First pulse with left, next pulse with right, back, and forth. May need to make it so double flipping disables the mini pulse so people dont just cheat it.

#4045 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

I think MANY people dropped out when the $ were due. A pinside guy was WAY late (Sept. or Oct.)getting on the list as he somehow missed the announcement and also was able to get one. I'm sure this guy saw it on Zombie's website. Is still surprising a non pinball person was able to get one. Good though.

according to spooky very FEW actually dropped out. I think Day 1 people on the list filled it to 300 and then it was much slower after that as many thought there was not a chance. A few days after the news dropped on pinball related sites it became public to zombie fans. Glad a few of them got in.

I heard 130 out of 150 AMH owners bought in which is great also! That is a testament to how happy the AMH owners are with their games and their contniueed belief in team Spooky.

I originally got my name in right away as to protect the 'option'. After playing when I picked up AMH last month it solidified everything for me.

Now the continueed code developmemnt and commitiment to tweak when hands on feedback comes in is the cherry on top!

#4051 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I doubt this is true. If it is, a mistake was made. I know someone who didn't get one and inquired in July.

Ken made a mistake.

The guy he is referring to got on the list well before Sept/Oct as he was posting on our local forum in late July to see if any locals were thinking about dropping out so he could move up from where he was (he originally assumed he had gotten in too late).

No mistake by Spooky, just a mistake by Ken in recalling when he thought the guy got on the waitlist.

#4057 4 years ago

Yeah, I know some people dont like to have future purchases made public so did not mention names

I just did not want anyone to think funny things went down or mistakes were made by team Spooky. I knew from the WI forum that you were on the waitlist well before the Sept/Oct date Ken had recalled.

Glad you got in since it will fit perfectly in your collection! Pretty cool to get one fo the last ones being made also!

#4059 4 years ago

that is a pretty sweet collection IMO

I am guessingthat you would still buy NKOTB... oh oh ..oh oh oh

#4103 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I think you are 100% correct, but RZ is not Metallica and the games are not even close to being in the same league.

Agreed, metallica is a snoozefest and RZ is fun and a refreshing style of play.

#4106 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Shots fired!!
rd

well at least I have played both games before declaring a standard fan layout with pretty boring code the better game, LOL.

Sorry but darkknight loses much respect for game rating when he has yet to play a game and declares it inferior.

#4134 3 years ago

I assume RZ next interation (new pf with added inserts) is confirmed to be at TPF along with Spooky and crew?

Looking forward to when is my next time to play this game!

#4143 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

get rid of these "LE whysnow" numbers

WTH does this even mean?

#4150 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

im in on a whysnow edition!!

nice! It really is the best edition!

#4154 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Basically the whysnow edition is a machine that gets a very limited number of games. The game must NOT ever have the chance to be remade, if it does, the whysnow game is no longer a unique snowflake since everyone can get one. The game is one that not everyone can have and thats the point, if everyone could have it, whysnow would drop out of the preorder. The game must be a preorder.

You are pretty much completely wrong in everyway in how I view games and their limited nature.

Please provide examples of your personal attack to verify your shit talking...

I expect companies to have integrity and when they say they are limiting a game to X amount then I expect and support them staying to their word. Intergity is rare in todays world and luckily companies like Spooky value their personal intergity more than the influence of guys like you that are hurt they missed out on getting their crap in line to buy a game when they clearly knew the details and the total edition size.

I am not sure why you have such a hard-on for me but honestly it is getting a little creepy. It may be time to do a little introspection and figure out exactly what it is inside of you that makes you want to think about me so much...

Feel free to send me PMs if you feel the need to talk shit directly rather than mussying up threads with random outburst and trolling remarks.

#4157 3 years ago

NICE!

I think the Spaulding is all good since it is small and further back. Sometimes good the over excentuate features

#4165 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

In whysnow's defense he worked hard to get a meaningful run of WOOLY made, even after he had a prototype in his possession. I wish he would have succeeded, I want that game to get a full run.

still work in progress and I think it will eventually happen. It is too damn good a game to not be made (even it that means my precious 1 of 4 creators edition is worth nothing).

I personally hope that Andrew at Heighway eveltually picks it up and decides to make it, but that is a discussion for another thread!

1 week later
#4179 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I just ordered a RZ. Have one coming in.

From where? Been sold out for a while.

#4181 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I will bet you $1,000, Kaneda sits on top of a NIB RZ that belongs to him. Wanna bet?

No, just wondered where you just ordered a rz from. I thought they were sold out long ago from both spooky and their one distributor? Did you manage to get one of the last games from spooky or buy from someone selling a spot?

#4183 3 years ago

Congrats! Great game!

Not sure if you are having issues.... Simple question and not sure why it is so hard to answer where you just ordered a game from???

#4213 3 years ago

do coin cells ever leak?

if so, is there an easy way to remove them and install a remote holder or NVRAM once in our homes? for those of us that care more about protecting a board than the features which rely on a RTC (which I think is currently just the ability to automatically change between f!ck version and shit version of profanity? based on time of day?).

#4217 3 years ago

good to know coin cells dont puke often

1 month later
#4401 3 years ago
Quoted from Law:

I played this game at the TPF and it demonstrated major game-breaking bugs in multiplayer. My AMH demonstrates similar problems with ball tracking between players. The new game also has the same really bad audio tearing problem.
Charlie seemed unconcerned and said Ben would fix it, but I didn't think he was working on the new game?
They really need to get these issues worked out, it's been years.

They flashed RZ with new code last night to fix the player 1 ball save bug. Appears to have ben fine since then. Game is still preproduction.

We have had zero issues with our AMH having sound tearing or any game breaking bugs. May want to give chuck a call as it sounds like you have a trough issue or maybe the inverted sling wired issue on your AMH which can cause other matriz issues.

#4405 3 years ago
Quoted from Law:

I didn't think you'd opened yours?
Charlie said he was aware of the sound problem but just told me to turn the volume down, as if I hadn't tried that. It's pretty frustrating.

1 is open and has been on route for over 7 months. I have a second personal game still sitting NIB.

For sound, try like ben says to adjust the software based volume and the amp based volume. A little fine tuning and u should be good.

#4457 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Now when you drain on launch you get the ball back and it stays on your turn. Now to decide if I reward points for that behavior and fail out your skillshot or take away your save timer.

if NO switches are hit then the game NEEDs to give the ball back and act as if it was never plunged. You should still get a full ball saver and full option at the skill shot.

if ANY switch is hit then ball save timer should start with that switch and if the ball drains quickly then the game should auto launch another ball immediately upon seeing a drain (either outlane or trough switch) and ball saver ends at that point and no chance for another skillshot.

#4469 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I could set it so on the 3rd round if you do a straight drain, it will auto plunge the 4th time.

that would be great!

A nice compromise for a noob that gets a house ball not feeling robbed, yet also a way to limit a skilled player from short plunging for 10 times till they get a perfect lob to a controlled flipper.

2 weeks later
#4505 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

I got my add-ons email from KT.....Getting excited!!!

?

what add-ons are being offered?

#4516 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

image_(resized).png

hmmmm...
no email for me yet and I am pretty early on.

#4518 3 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

Used to be early on...
They're cutting you out since you've been trying to flip your NIB AMH.

Lol

my game is likely in the third batch being built. I am guessing they are going 10 at a time.

2 weeks later
#4561 3 years ago
Quoted from zero:

I think if all goes well LE#1 could ship this week!

just waiting on boards from the sounds of it...

20 games built and ready for boards/testing.

Time to buy a second machine Parker?

#4568 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Or how about I just come over with some beer and leave the cams home?

we still talking about pinball???

#4605 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I would look at the old AMH comparison picture for reference. I got the upgrade on AMH very happy. Well worth it.

I dont think that is an accurate comparison.
AMH had some lighting issues and was severly underpowered as it originally went out the door. The upgrade on it was necessary.

I am assuming (hoping) that they learned form AMH and RZ does not suffer the same issues that AMH did in the lighting department. What they have shown at the past shows has been plenty good for lighting.

1 week later
#4680 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

From watching some of the gameplay vids it seems like its chaos. Is this a new category of pins? Flow, Stop and shoot, chaos?

it is called, the 1980s more specifically Gottlieb in the 1980s.

It is nice to see the style getting some respect again!

2 weeks later
#4865 3 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

If nothing else, they get their games first I guess.

Is that a plus?

#4912 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

RZ will now rise or fall based on the code.

100% agree with this.

The layout is avg, the art is good, the theme is good for most, but ALL rests on the sholder of coding and good risk v reward plus fun factor and immersion. So far I would say the code has a LONG ways to go and hope the code monkey can start to take on a similar path that Ben has with AMH (continual improvement, a thinck skin, and the ability to take feedback from the core group of owners throughout production and well past when the last game is delivered). It is nice to have a new brain coding in pinball but with that also comes some risk.

#4925 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

15 years of listening to that kind of crap at my last job, this is cake.

feedback = "crap"

"so disappointing"

#4927 3 years ago

looking forward to playing the game more, but my last feedback still stands (unless things have dramatically changed post MGC). The game is unbalanced and does not use code well to balance physical risk/reward. Competitive play needs to be factored in for lastability in homes where 1 dimensional strategies of coding can make even a great layout boring and a wood chopping event.

I need more time on it in a better play environment to give more constructive feedback, but in general terns I think games being delivered is just the start of code and it feels pretty beta from what I played at TPF and MGC. Last we talked you insinuated coding was pretty polished in your mind and you were busy with dominoes and the next game already.

In my opinion after the first 100 get delivered is when you will start to get the real and valuable feedback. until then it is fanboys and limited play in a less than optimal show environment.

#4961 3 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Yes there are Super jackpots. High score to date on this machine is 54 million. I would like to see an Extra ball incorporated into the game at a certain score or getting three modes completed.

please make it select-able for the user. i.e. user can set to 50, 60, 70, off, etc...

EB on ruined a few games also so best to have it as an option for the user with default as off. I assume there are other ways to earn an extra ball but not sure as I dont remember ever getting one in the times I have played. I like the complete 3 modes option also. Good suggestion.

#4965 3 years ago

with LE #18 delivered, I am suprised I have not gotten an email for final payment (I am #26 or 28 I think).

Do you just pay upon pick up now if getting it yourself in person?

#4994 3 years ago

I paid for #26 yesterday and was told possibly next week it will be ready (NO RUSH from this end; just providing info)

#4997 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Approx 20 built in approx 1st month.

you need to realize that the first 20 were in states of assembly for a while and they have just been waiting on Parker to finish testing and start shipping the new BenHeck Boards.

The real pace will be established form ~30-50 or more likely once they get into the standards so #51-80 will give a mroe accurate trajectory.

#5000 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

don't see how LE manufacturing is different from standard... screw different armor in, insert different backglass...?

If the trajectory is similar to AMH (or really any small scale manufacturing of a complicated product/process) then the first 50 are when there will be starts/stops to make adjustments. By the time they get to the standards then things should be humming along nicely with process kinks worked out.

#5002 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

You guys are hilarious. Even if you could compute exactly when you'll get your game, then what? I'll get mine when I get it.

just having some fun. Some dorky guys around here that like to do things like graph out trajectory of botique pinball manufacturing.

#5007 3 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

It's amazing how that works when you have a company with great customer service that's actually shipping games!
Jaz

pretty much the gold standard.

Design games
Take only minimal preorder deposit
deliver games and only then take rest of payment
answer questions and be nice to your customers

amazing how it all seems so simple...

Of course it does not hurt that Ben Heck got the ball rolling years ago and is a stand up dude.

#5033 3 years ago

Lol

#5075 3 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Did you get the skill shot possible?

skillshot shoudl be called "random luck shot" no real skill from what I can tell and pretty silly just random factor. I guess it is supposed to feel cool when you randomly get it?

#5084 3 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

skill shot on RZ is entirely dependent on factors such as slope of game, speed of plunge, friction coefficient of playfield, etc, but not one element of "luck" or "randomness".

when the physical mechanisims combine to the point where skill is so small, that is luck.

If it is skill then you should be able to practice on a game and after a reaosnable amount of time start to increase the number of times you make the shot in total attempts. Reality is the current skillshot is more luck than skill. Toss on that the factors impacting this particular skillshot have large variability that impacts trajectory and speed greatly from minor environmental changes (i.e. the tolerance of required skill is too tight for realistic environmental settings) so a simple thing like nudging between balls may ever so slightly change the physical factors impacting the skillshot = more luck than skill.

Nothing wrong with making a luck shot because it is still sweet and fun when you do get it. However, it is also not much fun when 100 games in you have not hit it once.

#5092 3 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

How could the skill shot be made easier at this point? Just curious if you have an idea in mind. And do you have suggestions for other "code tweaks" that you think the game needs? I like hearing people's ideas and seeing them get worked into the code.

I like the idea of partial point reward for hitting 1, more for 2, and more for 3.

I think also the damage to the robot shuodl carry over between balls.

Hitting 1 is skill, 1+2 takes more skill with more luck, 1+2+3 takes heaps of skill or more likely luck.

Altering code to provide some reward for partial skillshot completion would be cool and help level out the game play of that feature. I would likely also make a robot "kill" be either 1+2+3 in a single ball or 4 hits in total over the game.

For example 1 = 1 mil
1+2 = 3 mil
1+2+3 = 6 mil plus defeat the robot for a bonus 4 mil.

Ball 1 you get 1+2 = 3 mil
Ball 2 you get 1 = 1 mil
Ball 3 you get 1 = 1 mil plus you got the 4th needed hot for the 4 mil bonus kill.

points and # may need some tweaking over time but this is how I would improve upon the current idea.

#5095 3 years ago

Feel free to come pick it up whenever!

#26 for those thacking trajectory of build.

#5120 3 years ago

#26 is ready on Saturday.

1 week later
#5166 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I had my friends RZ here and it was surprisingly fun. The game felt really solid and played well. The game was terribly dark with the lights off. We brightened it up a ton. Unfortunately my iPhone camera makes everything look like crap and pink (it does not really look that way) . Before and after photos taken in absolute dark room. You can at least see the center playfield and the ball.

those appear to be the stock lights in the first photo, correct?

i.e. not the LED factory upgrade

#5217 3 years ago

not worth it. Feedback is not wanted.

Spooky is amazing and everything is perfect!

#5218 3 years ago

here is a great door if anyone needs to retrofit their game

https://na.suzohapp.com/products/coin_doors/40-0696-30

#5220 3 years ago

#5225 3 years ago

#5260 3 years ago

my apologies chuck.

I want the best for you, your family, and your business.

I will continue to provide you my feedback in person where I am less of a dick and refrain from sharing of my opinion in public. I want to help you and your company and never hurt it.

#5270 3 years ago

I just had no idea that Hilton's game was going to you or going to be in an arcade anywhere... if we had a heads up, we could have gotten you the coin mechs & cash box.

we help each other out Actually I gave the LE to Rob as he really wanted the LE. Rob loaned it to Mark to use at his arcade for a bit. That Rob is a swell dude!

As a heads up #54 (I think that is the number) will be going on route in Madison at AltBrew when it is ready. I will be maintaining it and will be happy to provide personal feedback to you chuck so you can continue to make improvements.

1 week later
#5376 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

RZ #55 shipping tomorrow.

congrats!

#5379 3 years ago

got word that #58 is just around the corner. When it arrives, U2Sean will be sharing it out on route in Madison as part of www.MadisonPinball.com (3 local collectors that put our personal games out to share with the community).

BIG thanks to SEAN! I am very excited to get more intimate with RZ and dig into the game.

#5382 3 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Alright, RZ #57 (I had the number wrong...d'OH!) will be getting picked up at the Spooky Open House and be out in Madison shortly after that for a while - right next to AMH so both Spooky games can be played. Hells yeah - really looking forward to this one!! Thanks in advance, Team Spooky!

looking forward to it Sean!!!!

thanks for putting it out!

#5387 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Awesome! Thanks Sean. Can't wait to play some RZ on location! So the big question, is Alt-Brew ok with adult mode or will it have to be turned onto Family mode? Either way it will be sweet to be able to play one soon!

I am pretty sure it will be in ADULT mode.

Atleast until someone freaks out...

1 week later
#5477 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

This seems pretty bogus and goes against what Charlie asked customers to do when getting into the queue - if you decide you don't want the game, tell Spooky and get the $1k deposit back, and they will go to #301 in the queue. 2 weeks of earnings - that's your sample size? I think this way more about opportunistic profit for you than the pinball community where your profit will go to "marketing ... to bring in more players"?

Give me a break. You were trying to buy up multiple AMH not long ago. Guessing you wanted multiples just for fun

Like you have room to be talking of opportunistic profit. You also were jpops best buddy and assisting with the cover story for quite some time, so not much credibility from you.

1 week later
#5538 3 years ago

I would like more cues on what to actually do on the game. I know for the most part, but watching people play it on route, there are not enough cues to tell you what to do.

Maybe it is not intended for route play and that is fine if the desire, but initial feedback after a few days on route is cues are unclear what to shoot for.

Fawzma > is there a general idea of how you think for "cues" on what are options to shot for?
Do you have generalized rule cards yet?

I would like to print something up to help new players understand what to go for.

#5547 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I think Charlie has some cards that can be printed, but don't quote me on that.

thx

#5548 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I am planning on making it much more obvious as to what you need to do.

awesome

#5549 3 years ago

I noticed that after the final ball drains, they player is allowed to immediately cycle the DMD screens through/ over the match sequence.

Maybe program in a delay before the player can cycle screens? It is odd to have frames overlapping.

#5562 3 years ago

please add a timer to the mode selection. I realized that a game will sit indefinately if you shoot the mode select left orbit but them just dont choose.

Noticed a location player leave the game to go piss and get a beer while the game sat passively waiting.

#5564 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

i thought about that, but I also added a feature where you can hold the start button to force the game to end.

No other player is going to go hit a start button to end someone elses game IME. If the game just selects a mode after 10 seconds then that is the way to keep play moving.

1 week later