Topic Stats

• 10,502 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by KingPinGames
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (3 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (3 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (2 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (2 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waddlejrjr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from CraZyMuffin:

Theme sounds awesome! Hopefully the gameplay will be just as good. Sent Kayte an email earlier today with no response yet... hoping to get in on the LE list. Any word if any spots left yet?

Emailed yesterday with a question and got a quick response, and emailed today saying I'd be in for an LE spot but haven't gotten an answer yet.

#207 4 years ago

Got a response from KT and I did request in time to be in for an LE spot. Woooo

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

It's hard to say whether the run on this game is due to the license or due to good will generated by them making AMH first.
Can people who have put their name on the list for a game say whether it's the license or just Spooky's rep that has lead you to this decision without even seeing any art or a playfield drawing?

Spooky's reputation. I'm not really a fan of Rob Zombie music at all, but I really love Spooky pinball, and also I think the art is totally bad ass. Perhaps when I get the game I'll swap out the music files with something else.

#623 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Said it before, I'll say it again... It has more flow than the previous layout. More toys, more coils than AMH, more everything than what it had before. It's still wild and punishing as I intended. There are tons of pure fan flow whatever you wanna call it layout games out there, and I have no desire to make pure fan layout game #127. Others can and will do them better than I, so why try to be an immitator?
If it fails then I'm wrong and at least we took a chance on something different. If I believed that was the case I'd never even try.
We're making toys here... Really, I'm still surprised by that fact. I was writing script for a killer clown at midnight last night as part of my "job".
Debating if a toy you've never played is more or less fun than another toy seems kinda weird to me. And I know weird... Been weird my whole life!
Happy fathers day!

Flow but wild and punishing, sounds like a dream layout for me. I tend to get bored with games that are just too much flow and end up being too easy as a result, but then I also tend to get frustrated with games that are just house-ball mania and punish you for making shots.

2 weeks later
#834 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

will RZ come with a coin door able to accept a bill validator?
That would be nice and needed IMHO.

That makes me wonder, does AMH have a coin door able to accept bill validators?

1 month later
#991 4 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Benton, WI Labor Day Parade!

Screenshot_2015-09-07-10-52-46.png

Quoted from benheck:

Standard BG has Rob lording over the characters, arms outstretched. Characters from his movies / videos around him, a giant moon, a huge werewolf and other stuff. Living Dead Girl, Baby, Spaulding, the axe guy...
LE BG is Rob driving the Dragula towards camera, running over skeletons and the characters jumping out of the way. More of an action shot.
They both look BAD ASS. I'm sure Chuck will post them when ready - the standard should be pretty close.

Yup, description lines up with the picture pretty well. Pretty sweet. Now to wait to see the LE BG!

#1041 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

By expo it's fair game. Spotted cow works

And he may just hold off talking about the code longer to see how many free beers he can get before people finally give up on that plan

1 week later
#1060 4 years ago
Quoted from RavenBlackthorn:

RobZ.jpg
Cabinet art?

The small bits I can see from that look really badass.

#1078 4 years ago
Quoted from HFK:

Wow, who deleted so much and why?

Some information came out that wasn't suppose to be out yet.

Won't say anymore about it so no one gets in trouble.

#1099 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

from facebook:
What a night... got to watch sound check, hang out with the band, do the haunted houses TWICE, show the whole band the game, see an awesome concert with my family, and go over every square inch of Rob Zombie's Spookshow International with Rob & Sheri! The backglass, logos, cabinet art, and all the toys are approved. WHEW!!! Basically it's all down to playfield art now
It might not make it in time for Expo (still hoping it does), but we'll show everything as soon as possible. We're looking pretty good for production in January as we hoped, and that's what really matters.
smile emoticon
Can't stress enough how cool Rob is to work with... he cares about this project and has put a ton of time and effort into his game right along with us. He's even got some mod ideas we can work on over the winter!
And yes, you will hear from Rob Zombie and an extremely dorky really nervous host on the next Spooky Pinball Podcast!
Photos coming soon!
Thanks to all of you for the comments and faith is our little pinball company! Means more to my family than you'll ever know. - Charlie Emery

That's awesome. This game is gonna rock!

#1141 4 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

I believe that if they get the playfield artwork back in time it should be.

Even if they don't have playfield art I hope they can bring a flipping whitewood so we can play it and see what it's like.

#1147 4 years ago

Is the translite going to be available for purchase individually? I'm on the list for an LE, but seeing how badass the standard edition's translite is, I'm wishing I could get one of those to hang up next to the game.

1 week later
#1264 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

what I got out of that talk:
playfield art will be done in 2 weeks, with another week to populate a playfield before it's shown.
Playfield art by Alex is sketched, then watercolored, then oils, then dried, then scanned. Also rob zombie contributed to some of the art?
There are 700 people total on the waiting list
RZ will be easier to do code updates
There will be nudity in the dots, but there will be a family mode
The ball save is something new that hasn't been done before
The new manufacturing building will be 5,000 square feet

Rob did the logo that will be used on the game.

Ball save is nothing new, they just said the animation is incredibly shocking and awesome.

#1374 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

The game will not ship with halfassed unfinished code. It will be the game. Updates will come as I get more feedback and continue. Ben spoiled everyone and I'll simply follow his lead.

A bit unrelated to what you were posting there, but have you spent much time watching pinball tournament coverage? If not I highly recommend doing so because it'll really help you get a better idea of how to analyze your code, scoring, and strategies to make sure they'll hold up and be diverse in a tournament environment.

#1403 4 years ago

I'm assuming when the reveal happens it won't just be a rush to "SEND MONEY NOW". Spooky will likely give people a bit of time to think it over and then email in order of the list to collect the money.

#1405 4 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I'm assuming the same... As far as I know, I'm down for an LE. I got AMH #11 and emailed the morning after the RZ announcement. I can't imagine what it would take for me to pass on this after the reveal. Hell, I can't imagine what it would take for me to not buy each and every Spooky title as they are released. I'm a fan of Spooky Pinball!

Same here. I'm incredibly pumped for this game just because I'm a Spooky Pinball fan, and I'm sure I'll be down for whatever they release next as well.

#1420 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I saw the same. Music was great, but with a bird's eye view of the arena floor, I spent most of the show watching a bunch of roid rage guys knocking smaller fans to the floor, entertaining yet appalling. It's not that those types don't exist at all shows, but it was the only concert I've ever seen so many there for the hitting rather than the music.

Boo, hitting others to the floor is lame. At the ska shows I go to we knock each other around, but make sure no one falls, and we help them up immediately if they do.

I'm not really a big fan of metal music, but if I were I wouldn't want to go to the live shows because I fear those types in the crowd.

1 month later
#1563 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Still hoping for more to be made if there is demand,regardless

You can hope but it'll never happen.

Charlie is true to his word, plus being a boutique company, Spooky is only going to be able to have so much being made at once, and they're going to want to use that to make something new, rather than just running the same old thing over and over.

#1565 4 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

So how do I get Rob Zombie to battle me on this thing?!

Beg Charlie to beg Rob for you

Or maybe this is a hint as to what's coming up on that rumored RZ reveal stream

#1573 4 years ago

That's awesome! Maybe that's the new thing they're delaying it for, I think I remember as of Expo it was still planned to be mono-color DMD.

I wonder if there will be a purchasable add-on for AMH to have the Color DMD added.

#1589 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

So once you get walls up right? Who needs a roof to do a reveal, AMIRIGHT?

It'd be pointless to build the roof first anyways, because this reveal's gonna blow it off.

#1646 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Am I the only one that is disappointed by reading that? I hope you can turn them off.

You can turn it off in AMH and I'd say there's a high chance you can turn them off in RZ as well.

#1661 4 years ago

Oh man, big shit going down tomorrow. Prepare your wallets!

#1714 4 years ago

It feels like Christmas Eve right now

#1755 4 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

So where are we watching for the release? Pinside, Facebook, Spooky.com?
-c

Likely Facebook first, then someone else will post it here quickly after.

#1797 4 years ago

One thing that drives me away from owning many modern games is because how darn long they play, and how boring that can get. AMH and RZ (based on how Charlie described it) are games that will kick your ass fast if you're not careful, however also can be controlled. I'm really excited to see RZ, because it sounds right up my alley of mixing what's great about modern games with the faster playtime and more out-of-control nature of classic games.

#1808 4 years ago

And now's the time where I head over to Spooky's Facebook page and refresh obsessively until noon

#1870 4 years ago

Fucking badass. Best cabinet art ever? Yeah. Best cabinet art ever.

#1912 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Cabinet art looks so great. Well done. Hopefully I'll be able to find one of these to play down the road. Still haven't played AMH.

You'll be in for a double treat at the Cleveland Pinball Show next year, then

#1917 4 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Where is the LE backglass?

Was sent in a pdf attached to an email sent to those on the LE list. Maybe someone from Spooky will post a high quality upload here.

I'll try to screenshot and post it, but I'm on mobile so it may not work well.

#1929 4 years ago

LE backglass
Screenshot_2015-12-11-12-41-54-1-1-1.png

#2042 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I can't remember, but is the Le just the translite and a numbered LE plaque?

Also special armor

#2190 4 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Hi all. Relatively new to pinside. This post is too long to read the whole thing and it sounds like KT and the rest of the folks at Spooky are being slammed by email right now, so I'll ask the community my ? instead...
Why only 300??? Sounds like they sold out within a few hours! Why not just keep making them until demand is met? Is Spooky still small enough that they figure it will take 18 months to make 300 and by that time they will be sick of building RZ and want to make something else instead? Or was the license only for 300? Sounds like Spooky is truly doing this as a labor of love, but hey why not make additional $$$ (and fans) too on the way?

Both of the reasons you listed, but they licensed to only do 300 because it's a safe number that they know they can make without getting in over their heads. It's already double the size of any game run they've done before, so it's a big increase for them, and I'd say it's a very smart choice to stop there, as to not leave people waiting an extremely long time to get their game, and to not be stuck building the same game for so long.

#2386 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I seem to be one of the few that think the playfield art really matches the game. Everything about this game is different - and to me, if you turn off the lights and am this game, I think it will look something like a barren haunted landscape with some awesome toys here and there.
I have Metallica. I don't need another playfield just like it. Donny already did that. This pushes the boundaries in a different direction, and I have a hunch it will look amazing in person in the dark.
Watch the first 10 seconds of the video and see how Rob's face really pops, and I think it all fits.

I was initially not feeling the playfield art, but it has really grown on me, and I feel for it in a similar way you so. The barren-ness just fits. I tried to picture more stuff on there and it just seems wrong, especially considering how chaotic the gameplay on top of that field will be.

#2585 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Question for any of the AMH owners here. Did AMH come with the metal cab protectors that install behind your legs?

Yes, were installed directly from the factory.

#2614 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I really like the top art for the playfield but looks too much like the translite.

Those two straight up are the translites. I think the OP was just using those to demo how a more active playfield would look better.

#2726 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

What would both RZ and AMH as a pair be worth NIB in 3 years if someone decided not to open them?

It would be worth a lot of disappointment because you'd be missing out on getting to spend 3 years playing two amazing games!

#2749 4 years ago

Two words to sum up what I think about that gameplay: Fuck. Yes!

The wild out of control action is so what I've been wanting to see on a modern pin!

One concern that comes to mind, though, is that House of 1000 Corpses won't be particularlly good for tournaments, as I'm not really big into tournament play with switch hit multiballs (especially with no spinner/controlled way to get a good number of switch hits). Also I'm assuming the carry-over will be turned off by default in tournament mode. It looks like that mode is going to be so much fun in casual play, but it'd nice to see it maybe be setup differently for tourney mode.

#2766 4 years ago

We can turn off steals / extra balls / random awards for tourney. Ben did the same thing in AMH.

Yeah it wasn't the stealing that was the main issue, I knew that would be able to be turned off. The concern I have is that it's just based on switches, and without a direct shot to get a good chunk of switches, players are going to be stuck either trying to get good pop action (weh, don't like relying on that for score), or just grinding out endlessly.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

In single player, there are targets at the top right you hit to increase your multiplier on the switch hits.

If that option is present in tournament mode then it'll help ease my concern, although really either changing how scoring is done in tournament mode or adding a spinner would seem to be the best fix.

Anyways, this isn't anything game breaking, just something that would be nice to have. The game looks to play kick ass regardless, so keep up the good work!

#2826 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

We are all happy Charlie & Co. have pulled it off. I do feel like we are starring at this pin in a vacuum. Hard to look at it objectively because:
1. We all love Spooky
2. It's sold out, anyway
3. It's at least different
I think the pin is different, however that video doesn't blow me away when I think about other pinball machines out there. If you step outside the vacuum, I'm not sure how people are seeing this pin with such over the top enthusiasm. It's 100% because of Charlie. If Stern released this pin as is, what would the reaction be? I'm not hating on it, just saying it looks fun but not the end all be all as some are saying.

If Stern released a game with this design I'd love it. Stern's been releasing good games recently, however I get tired of the long game times that all their releases seem to bring, so I've been drifting towards classics despite my love of deep rulesets.

This pin is the best of both worlds. Wild, fast playing, totally kicking your ass, however still having a nice and deep ruleset for when you can keep it all under control.

#2844 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

It's impossible to talk about this pin objectively. Pinball is art.
So I heard Aurich might not go in due to the $1,000 deposit due during the holidays. Would be a shame since he wanted an RZ pin from Spooky. I offered to lend him the $1,000 until the pin ships. We will see if he accepts.

You're crazy in a good way

#3114 4 years ago

I'm LE number 43. One away from the legendary 42, but hey, not big deal. Just curious, anyone know what numbers were assigned by? Was it joining the list, sending the deposit, or something else?

#3116 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Did they send you a email with your number?

Yeah

#3312 4 years ago

#300 we haven't decided on yet. We'll do something charity based again to make a happy finish to an awesome time for us!

There's your chance Kaneda! Be sure to have your wallet ready for when that rolls around.

#3341 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Are they really gonna finish the new shop in just 3 weeks?

Yes.

Those Wisconsin workers build shockingly fast. If you're not on Facebook and have missed the pictures Charlie has been posting, they've already made great progress on the shop build.

#3408 4 years ago

Repost of a factory progress photo Spooky posted on Facebook
947023_1007057976022096_4966344162720632297_n_(resized).jpg

#3487 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I don't love the idea of having to hit inlane switches to complete a mode. I think it would be more frustrating than fun.

Quoted from robertmee:

Unless each inlane is fed by an easily obtainable ramp return....even if only one is, then that coupled with whysnow suggestion would be a good compromise.

Sounds like you guys should start Shatzing. It's really a great move that has mostly lost its rewards in pinball in modern design.

#3580 4 years ago

Does the audio amp in AMH have a 3.5mm out? It has that 3.5mm in which has been giving me some problems, keep forgetting to get back to Chuck about that.

#3706 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

How's the weather in Benton? Construction in the winter almost always equals delays.

Snowy. The Benton-ers know how to work through the weather though.

Here was it as of two days ago, pretty remarkable progress considering how little time has passed since they started it -
12418087_1010123329048894_2842005064829751091_n_(resized).jpg

#3719 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I thought about something like this but didn't want to turn pinball into an iPhone app

I also am not particularly a fan of adding achievements. I never find achievements to add to a video game anyways. Proper incentive and reward to playing the game comes from the game design itself, not little side bonus instructions/graphics.

#3723 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

With the new/added memory you guys are doing. I was planning on something like this instead.

Sweet. I think the high score section of TWD is the model to look at.

#3748 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

a new company with no experience making pinball machines either

I guess this AMH I have has just been in my imagination the whole time. Man and it was really fun too!

#3790 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Any more shots?

That was just a photo from Spooky's Facebook meant to show off the flipper bats and rubbers that will ship on the game.

#3849 4 years ago

Ben mentioned wanting there to be something that accumulates on the ramp if you hit it not during a mode, but please if you do add that make it really low value. Don't want there to be any incentive what-so-ever to just loop the ramp all day. As it is already with the Chop ball save I feel like it might be too center ramp heavy (loop ramp 4 times, play for free during ball save, loop ramp 4 times, etc.)

#3851 4 years ago

Oh also it seemed like it was a bug or something that Bug ran into with the stuck ball thing. Shot the orbit when the skill shot animation was still on (I'm guessing that meant no switch hit), and then the game failed to recognize the ball was in the saucer.

#3853 4 years ago

I assumed that the game wasn't going into ball search since it was still in skill shot mode, although I guess with this being what's really the only possible ball hang-up, maybe the game doesn't have one at all.

#3855 4 years ago

(sorry for all the posts, watching recorded now because I missed half of it live)

Anyways, wooooaahh House of 1,000 corpses was worth waaay too much. Just flailing around for a minute was worth 10x more points than what seemed to be gotten from playing a dangerous single-ball mode all the way to completion. I'm cool with House of 1,000 awarding good value, because it's lame when a big multiball like that is worthless (IJ4), but that seemed to be too much.

#3861 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I didn't watch the whole thing, maybe half or so though, I stopped watching around when the pizza arrived, however far in that was. Totally cool. Really enjoyed getting to see it come together. The callouts were great. I couldn't hear all of them clearly, but I could make out most of it. Loved watching the animations, so glad you guys did color dots.
I think Ben should offer people a color upgrade kit for AMH now. Just price it like ColorDMD. If I owned an AMH I'd pay that much to get it upgraded to full color like Rob Zombie!
Come on Ben, give the people what they need! Go back and recolor it all, do an LCD like Rob Zombie. Who in this thread has AMH and would pay for that like a ColorDMD?

I would pay for the upgrade, but I would not pay for the medical treatment Ben will need after driving himself insane from going back and doing all that work.

#3865 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Fuc***ing Yeah!
Surprised no one tried to use the "C-H-O-P" ball save for lateral drains: try to keep only three lamps lit, keep the last one for a side exit: if the ball drains, it would induce an instant ball save, right?
Easier said than done, anyway.

Jack hinted at that during the show when after activating his ball save he asked, "Should I have saved that?", but after getting a center drain seconds later he realized he should not have saved it.

I'd certainly consider holding it in my pocket as an outlane ball save, but considering how many center drains there are, and how easy it is to set yourself back up to get it again, I might just be taking it over and over. Certainly an interesting point of strategy.

#3887 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Since it seems like the ball shoots up to the mini play field every time you start a mode, why not have it do something? It's pretty anti-climatic to shoot it up to the mini, just to have it drain off after you select a mode that's not applicable.
It shouldn't be easy, but what about playing a short game that if beaten will double the scoring on that mode? Maybe 10 shots to the chicken gate? On the 10th shot it opens, double scoring, and the mode begins?
It's never fun to purposely let the ball drain.

I'm happy that a game encourages bypassing the miniplayfield. If the miniplayfield gave a good reward that I wanted to go for everytime then it would get really boring really fast. It should play against you to keep it up there too, because even if it was just a "Well it won't hurt you, but there's no big reward", then you end up with a WWE type scenario where you're in the upper playfield with absolutely nothing to do, but since it's safe and you're still getting small points for it, why not just keep doing it?

#3921 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

All games should have what I would call a "dumb dumb" shot. Something a noob can spam and it will accomplish... something.
The ramp being one way to get to Dragula would be a good choice.

The dumb dumb shot is usually something that's dangerous though, because otherwise it could become something that experience players just abuse over and over again, and it starts to dominate the game.

#3935 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Not necessarily. Take "Ace in the Hole" multiball in WPT. It's fairly easy to start (one shot to raise the prison bar, one to lock the ball, then bash it 2 or 3 times to start. Really easy shots. Far easier to start than any other multiball. Zero risk as this is in the upper playfield area.
But by itself this multiball pays very little. Jackpots are small (Calling them "jackpots" is actually borderline abusive).
The beauty is that it has (at least) three other uses for experienced players who don't want to only collect lousy jackpots:
- accumulate side pots to get an extra ball
- progress towards poker hands with the drop targets (much safer than when a single ball is in play)
- stack it with "Change Gears" mode and get lots of points!
Bottom line is: Ace in the Hole is easy, not dangerous, but good players won't abuse it.

But after you finish Ace in the Hole you have to go all the way through and start a mode before it's available to be used again. If there's something that allows the sucker-shot to start something easy the first time around, but then require you to shoot around the game to do it again is fine. It's just I can easily see tournament players devolving the game into shooting that center ramp over, and over, and over, and over (like the jump ramp on No Fear or the center ramp in Earthshaker).

#3944 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

It was mentioned above about the skillshot and player number, I'll fix that. Scores on the other hand, I'll have to see if there's room to fit that in. Unless people don't care about scores overlaying the animations.

What people suggested for that when I brought AMH to a tournament was allowing them to hold in both flippers to make the scores show up.

#3954 4 years ago

I'm on the side of people who favor the timer actually counting down up there. I'd rather just let it go and get to playing the modes rather than flipping it around up there for small points. It's just more fun to have the ball in the main playfield where it's actually in dagner, rather than being in the risk free upper playfield.

#3957 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

My original intent was to force people out of there and get the mode going.

That should be the way to go. Most people I know prefer to spend time on a main playfield rather than a mini playfield. It just gets boring flipping around an area with so few targets that just returns your ball safely to you when you drain, rather than actually being a ball drain.

#3978 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

That doesn't make sense if the screen and the sound calls don't match up on all modes, and that would be a lot to ask.

Yeah, if people can't spare the adult in their house then they shouldn't have the adult. Plus there's always the adult mode flipper code thing being implemented. Have your headphone jack there sure, but just only turn it into adult mode when the kids aren't around.

#4001 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

The center ramp all but ruined Police Force. I have made a big effort to make that game playable and have a massive incentive to stay away from the ramp in the form of the giant yellow post rubbers.

I hear similar complaints about Mousin' Around. Tournament directors now started putting huge post rubbers in front of the center Mousin' ramp, or blocking it off entirely, and it suddenly became an incredible tournament game.

#4026 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Ok, been updating the game with suggestions I've seen on here the past few days.
I have the skillshot game info display working for when you hold both flippers.
What does everyone want to see? Ball# Player# Modes beaten?? Keep in mind there's only so many lines of text that can be shown. I can do multipages pages if need be.

Playfield inserts show mode completion already, don't they? Ball and player number seem fine to me. Maybe current count of corpses too?

4 weeks later
#4255 3 years ago

I wish every company gave the opportunity to buy a game NIB with protectors pre-installed. I just picked up a WOZ and would really love to have cliffy and plastic protectors on it, but don't have the time to do all that myself.

#4257 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

You don't have time to install protectors? Do you even have time to play? I'm serious.

Barely. There are some weeks where I don't even play a single game in my collection.

4 weeks later
#4433 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

5) ramp not worth enough outside of modes.

Ew no please, I don't want another Earthshaker/Whirlwind/Police Force/etc.

It's the easiest, safest, and most repeatable shot on the game, there should be by far the least reason to shoot it versus anything else on the playfield.

#4437 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

But stern manages this just fine? They are bigger i know, but stiĺl. I live in norway and when asking about it i got a reply that it was due to licensing restriction....

I'm certainly not one to ask about the legal side of this, but licensing restriction could be due to the music company charging more per region in which the music will be "redistributed in". From what I know the same happens for Netflix when they license movies, which is why say Netflix US and Netflix Canada have much different content.

#4467 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

if NO switches are hit then the game NEEDs to give the ball back and act as if it was never plunged. You should still get a full ball saver and full option at the skill shot.
if ANY switch is hit then ball save timer should start with that switch and if the ball drains quickly then the game should auto launch another ball immediately upon seeing a drain (either outlane or trough switch) and ball saver ends at that point and no chance for another skillshot.

At least keep the option open for no zero point ball save like AMH had. I don't like the whole plunging and dropping all day to get a safe trap off the plunge. I do it myself on games often since well, with many games you'd be dumb not to, but it sure gets boring and I'd rather that behavior be treated more like draining (which is what it is) rather than being infinite free time.

#4470 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I could set it so on the 3rd round if you do a straight drain, it will auto plunge the 4th time.

I like that idea. Gives people a couple chances to take a safe plunge, but if they fail too much they lose it.

2 weeks later
#4522 3 years ago

Wish I could see the mods in person. LEDs tend to come through poorly on camera, so I can't really tell if I'll want the mods or not.

1 week later
#4566 3 years ago

Rewatched the Dead Flip Rob Zombie broadcast yesterday. Raising my excitement levels back up, I'm pumped to get to play this game and to see what's been improved since that video.

#4575 3 years ago

Got the email asking about add ons! I'm guessing that puts my game at around a month or so out.

I decided to just go with the LED upgrade and plastic protectors like I did for AMH. The pictures of the other mods didn't really sell me. Maybe I'll change my mind if I see them in person, but for now I'll hold off.

#4580 3 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I think all of the owners got the email.

Interesting. If I remember correctly for AMH they were sent out when our games were going to begin production.

3 weeks later
#4818 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I'm #42. The countdown is speeding up!

I'm #43 and I want the countdown to slow down so I can make sure I have the money available. Seems like we're at a real conflict of interest here haha.

I seriously am pumped for this game though, it's going to be so much fun to play.

#4831 3 years ago

Has the scoring in 1000 corpses been toned down at all? Seemed pretty insane in the DeadFlip stream how someone could a crazy score in seconds of multiball, way more than they could get from completing multiple modes.

#4846 3 years ago
Quoted from JoeHog:

Would love a spot if anyone decides to get out.

Spots can't be transferred, so if someone got out their spot would go to the next person on the wait list. The best you can look for is someone who will sell you the game as soon as they get it, or let you buy it through them.

#4936 3 years ago

Anyone know if Spooky will have an option for this to be factory installed?

I'd pay for that

#4944 3 years ago

Once I have mine I'll broadcast and upload a bunch of gameplay.

Probably won't be for another month though.

#4968 3 years ago

Scheduling a launch party tournament at my location in Avon for June 24th. Got the okay from Spooky that my pin (#43) should be here by then.

After the tournament ends and the store closes, I'll leave the arcade open late and switch the game over to adult mode so everyone gets a chance to check that out too.

#4980 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

What's wrong with your mini playfield flipper? Never moves when you hit the left flipper. Is there a separate button for it? If so that would suck.

Probably only fires when the ball's up there as to not wear out the coil unnecessarily.

2 weeks later
#5174 3 years ago

Are the ball save timer and chop ball save timer separate settings?

#5176 3 years ago

Would it be possible to separate the two? I'd like for my game on route to be set with a generous ball save for new players, however I don't want the chop savers to be incredibly long as well, because game times would get too long.

#5179 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

You want the initial ball save to be separate from chop, correct?

Correct.

#5196 3 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

What are the available options and prices available for a standard(from Spooky). I've been looking on Spooky's site and this thread, but not having any luck
Thanks

A standard from Spooky would have been $6,000. Same price as AMH was.

#5281 3 years ago

I operate an AMH on location, but I'm a savage being and don't use a cashbox, instead just let the coins fall onto the bottom of the cabinet

Anyways, my Rob Zombie (#43) will be shipping out on the next truck! I really, really hope it comes in time for the scheduled launch party next Friday, it's pushing it close.

#5288 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I use these, seriously. Great for lots of things, but fit the spacing for standard coin doors so both mechs feed into the container.

Was actually just thinking last night about getting a little plastic tub like that for coin boxes.

#5320 3 years ago

Picked up #43 today.
IMG_20160622_184236_edit_(resized).jpgIMG_20160622_173747_(resized).jpgIMG_20160622_173804_(resized).jpgIMG_20160622_173825_(resized).jpgIMG_20160622_173830_(resized).jpgIMG_20160622_173813_(resized).jpg

#5323 3 years ago

Will set up the cameras and record full video, as well as broadcasting the launch party on Friday.

I'll check to answer the apron question next time I have the glass off.

#5326 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

#43 looks great. So Waddle you are allowed to pick these up from Spooky facility?

Picked mine up from the shipping dock, but yeah people do pick up from Spooky.

#5327 3 years ago

Oh also mine is on location at Level Two Games with the launch party THIS FRIDAY!

Come play!
https://www.facebook.com/events/1737443993198118/

#5338 3 years ago

New code came with a causality. Anyone know where I can buy one of these mini-fuses from?
IMG_20160623_173208_(resized).jpg

#5339 3 years ago

Found someone who has a fuse I can put in. Once everything's up and running I'll do a livestream, probably around 10:00 PM Eastern.

http://twitch.tv/ohiopinball (although after this I'll be switching primarily to Youtube Live rather than Twitch)

#5344 3 years ago

Live now. Link as posted above.

#5347 3 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Doh! need to turn on auto archiving on Twitch.. Was excited to watch that

No need to worry!

#5348 3 years ago

Live all day with the Rob Zombie launch party.

http://twitch.tv/ohiopinball

#5352 3 years ago

Bug report: Coins inserted during the match animation don't register

#5361 3 years ago

Another bug report: Game was in adult mode, adult mode was then turned off, very first game after adult mode was turned off had the opening call out of, "Go to hell mother fucker".

#5364 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Maybe that was Rob's way of telling you he didn't like you turning off adult mode.

I thought it was pretty funny, but good thing I didn't have any families with young kids in here or else I would've been in trouble

#5366 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

You can always trade for a woz...

Already got one.

Although selling/trading Rob Zombie isn't off the table in the future for me. If the resale value goes up way faster than it's earning then potentially I'll swap it out. I'd at least like to ride it out and provide feedback until the code is complete, though.

#5370 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I finally played RZ for the first time last night. I thought it was a very fun and fast game. There were two issues, however, that I found to be frustrating. For starters, the ball kept getting stuck behind the drop target. You could nudge it free, but this often resulted in a SDTM drain. Does this happen on all RZ's? I was surprised there wasn't a second coil that could lower the drop target during ball search. The other issue was that when the ball was delivered to the upper playfield, it would often bounce in a way that didn't even give me a chance to flip at it. I'm hoping this can be tweaked somehow.
Despite these issues, I still found the game to be a blast to play!

The only time I had drop target sticks on mine was when I first set up the game and it was unlevel. After leveling it I've never had the ball get stuck there even once.

Haven't done anything about the upper-playfield drop yet, but I've been told that adjusting the tube position can fix it.

#5380 3 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

RZ cabinet art is decals, correct? Does it come with Stern style protectors installed? If not, can we get them installed from the factory?
I'm in the mid 200's, so I'm hoping all the bugs are out by then

Yes, Stern style metal protectors are installed at the factory.

#5388 3 years ago

Ramp switch on my game stopped registering. Having a hard time getting back there, and there's like a piece of black electrical tape covering the connections to the switch. Any ideas of how to fix/replace?

#5395 3 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Without giving away your audits, how poorly is it doing in comparison to your other games?

It's doing about on par with the average game, a bit better since it's new, however not really as much as I can feel comfortable with for how valuable the game is.

#5397 3 years ago

About a week. Location is small and I'm here all the time, so I'm sure it hasn't been abused or damaged.

#5399 3 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Reminder:
If you have a Rob Zombie Pinball Machine for sale, casual or not, please use the market tool to list your game.
This is not a thread that will be allowing people to list their games as part of the discussion.
If you want to sell your game, list it like a normal game.
Thanks.
Marcus

Moderator feedback thread opened. I'm not dealing with all the BS, scammy, and lowball goodness that comes with posting an incredibly rare game like this in the market.

I intentionally pointed out in my post that I would donate to Pinside with the sale, because I was not doing this in an attempt to avoid the Pinside fees.

#5401 3 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

Just list it for sale like normal. What kind of BS are you expecting? And if people lowball you, just say, no thanks. It's just a pinball machine for sale, not king tut's sarcophagus.

The kind of messages this seller quoted as "nasty and scathing" - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-americas-most-haunted-spooky-pinball-2014-2018

Pinside can be a very unpleasant place to sell games, I personally try to keep my sales as low key as possible. I anticipate the first game listed for sale of something incredibly rare to quickly go viral and spawn the hate of many toxic community members.

#5405 3 years ago

Was working on that switch and unfortunantly had to take the ramp off to get enough access to remove it.

Found a couple little hidden easter eggs in the process! And hot dang that clearcoat is so shiny you can see my reflection!
IMG_20160701_171756_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160701_171510_(resized).jpg

#5407 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

That's awesome
and don't get rid of your RZ Till I get mine.

I'll hold it until the Cleveland Show at least (unless someone gives me an offer I can't refuse).

#5419 3 years ago

I think version 8 is still in beta.

#5422 3 years ago

Takes me 5 minutes or less to update code on Rob Zombie. It's a snap.

#5439 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I don't get Fawzma's directions on his site. I don't want to right click and format the existing SD card in the machine do I? If not, why does it not make it more clear to NOT do that. These directions are much clearer:
http://www.spookypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/PinHeck-Code-Update-Instructions..jpg
No where in the Spooky instructions does it say I have to format my SD card. So why would I want to do it now? Why can't I just add the beta code to my SD card per the instructions?
I'm not messing with this until it's on Spooky's site.

Yes, you do want to format the card.

Download Fawzma's zip file, quick format your card, and then extract the contents of the zip file to your card. Then put the card in your game, hold down the second little blue button from the right, and then power on the game while holding down that button. Once the update countdown starts you just wait for it finish and then bam, done.

#5445 3 years ago

Okay, I was bored and put up a market ad. Please don't kill me

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/36510

#5448 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

hysterical. If I was Chuck I wouldn't sell to you ever again on principle. Logic and free capitalistic economy be damned, this is just wrong... nobody will kill you, we will just laugh and be confused.
I'm also up voting you, because you did at least make an ad!
just funny to say this out loud:
"I don't like the theme, it's not a theme for everyone, still I was early in list so I bought it anyways but now, since it's not a theme for everyone, it isn't earning in a two week sample size, so I'm gonna list it... FOR BASICALLY DOUBLE WHAT I PAID!!"

Yup! And if I didn't list it for that I'd have people from the other side insulting me for "leaving money on the table". There's no way to win, so whatever.

I absolutely love AMH and will never sell it, even if it were going for $20,000. Rob Zombie I'm really not loving, and will sell for whatever the market demands.

Also by your logic Gene Cunningham must be PISSED at everyone buying and selling Big Bang Bar. He'll never sell to those jerks again!

#5449 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

It's the next BBB so hopefully no one flames you. After playing it and knowing the quantities, it's definitely in that $12-13K range.

Exactly. I'd love to sell this game to cheap for someone out of principle, but I just can't do that. To go back to the BBB example, if someone bought one for $4,500 and then resold it for $5,000, they would probably feel a little snake bit when the person who bought it off them for $5,000 goes and sells it for $20,000.

I've got a business to run, and want to get people in playing these machines. Selling this game and putting the money into say, marketing, will help bring in more players than having the game just sitting around not getting played much.

#5452 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Really surprised by this, I think it's one of the most fun, original machines I've ever played.

I've gotta say it's a very solid shooting game. I love the playfield and the shots are incredibly satisfying to hit.

I'll write up a full review eventually to explain my thoughts and why I'm kind of meh about it overall.

#5465 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Stop making excuses and just call it what it is. It's a game you never wanted but hoped to be able to flip for a huge profit so you bought it anyway. Nothing wrong with that. The market will show you that you are way out of line on the price, I guess it doesn't hurt to fish for a sucker though.

100% false. Ask anyone in my local pinball community. I've been hyping up this game for ages. I watched the Dead Flip broadcast many times, I was every bit hyped for this game.

If my overwhelmingly positive reputation is not enough to speak on this then I guess you guys just won't believe anything.

Quoted from metallik:Two weeks? Need more sample time. The code isn't even complete yet. Have you checked audits, is the game too hard? Lots of reasons it might not be earning...

I'm in here every second it's open, so I can see how everyone reacts to the games. Casual players just look at it and don't care, never even dropping money in unless they know the theme. Very few people from the pinball community have come out to even give it a shot. The local Ghostbusters launch party had a turnout of 50 or so people, the Rob Zombie launch party had a turnout of 7.

Quoted from dgarrett:

This seems pretty bogus and goes against what Charlie asked customers to do when getting into the queue - if you decide you don't want the game, tell Spooky and get the $1k deposit back, and they will go to #301 in the queue. 2 weeks of earnings - that's your sample size? I think this way more about opportunistic profit for you than the pinball community where your profit will go to "marketing ... to bring in more players"?

I did want the game, so I was absolutely going to wait it through and buy it. I had every intention of keeping this game forever just like my AMH. Of course, this was just going off of what I could see in pictures and videos, and now that I've played it, eh, I don't really like it.

Yeah, marketing is important. Most people in my city don't even know this business is here, let alone surrounding cities. People come in and are like, "Woah I had no idea this was here, when did you guys open?". Stuff like that. If I had the money to run some ads and get the word out I'd probably see much higher traffic.

#5467 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It's your game, you can do whatever you want with it. Don't expect a lot of positive feedback when you are trying to stick it to some idiot though. There's a reason you didn't make a forum topic and are apologizing in the add, even you are ashamed of your price
Good luck with your business and I hope you do get top dollar for the game if it's going to help grow location pinball.

Not trying to stick it to anyone, just anticipating what these will be sold for in the future. I'm going off the evidence of games such as BBB and Tron LE to judge the price. If someone wants to offer less they're more than free to. There's no pricing data available for this game, so I had to base it off something similar, and games of that rarity and desirability were the most similar ones I could find.

It's just a pinball machine, if you don't like it then look away. I see ads for games I think are overpriced every single day, and I just let them be and move on.

#5472 3 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Waddle, why don't you allow posting in your ad and take it out of this thread..

Just tossed it in the thread for anyone genuinely interested. I'll happily work with people through PM if they want the game. Only responded to posts in here because people were falsely representing my intentions.

Again, if anyone wants to talk I'll happily take it up in a message, I don't want this thread to become dominated with posts about this, and would much rather the discussions be private, and have the thread be general chatter about the game.

Quoted from timtim:

Give waddle a break. he's bought both spooky games.
he just opened his place not too long ago and needs more people to stop in. As a person that has started a company, The first few months are tough just to get established let alone get people to know who the hell you are. The extra money could help, but IMO word of mouth will go further than any marketing will.
I don't want to see one less RZ on location, but if he wants to get rid of it he can. 13k no way but more than the 6.5k for sure.
I do wish him the best of luck, being self employed is a scary thing but one of the best decision I have ever made. Maybe not money wise, but I am happier than I have ever been.

Thanks. Tim is an excellent guy and I'm very happy to see him come in and play. 13k is a shot in the dark, once others come up for sale maybe we'll have a better idea of the pricing and I'll adjust if necessary. I'd love to keep this game out on route just for the sake of having one around for play, but when I look at the game and it's earning less, in addition to have more problems, than NBA Fastbreak, it makes me think that I could instead use the money for something else. Of course, I'm also in no big rush to sell either, I'm happy to have it here because I'm not losing money by having it here, and it sure does look badass

Anyways, I'll stop responding to posts on this thread about the for sale posting unless I see it absolutely necessary.

Edit: Oh just remembered another reason that this game might be doing poorly. This is a family friendly location, and a decent chunk of the play does come from young children and their parents.

#5474 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

also waddle thanks for the zombie's ate my neighbors my wife loved playing it the other day

Maybe it's time for someone to do a reboot of that game and call it Rob Zombie Ate My Neighbors

#5523 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Had left flipper fuse blow. Anyone else had same issue?

I've had that right-most 3 amp solenoid fuse blow a few times.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waddlejrjr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside