Topic Stats

• 10,502 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by KingPinGames
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (3 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (3 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (2 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (2 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trilogybeer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#123 4 years ago

Absence of physical ball locks is also "old school" , Balls a poppin' , and Centaur to name a few .

#483 4 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

Can anybody put out a pinball that's done before taking money am I on another planet

Day One , and Charlie helped them with playfields .

#555 4 years ago

Congrats to charlie and the spooky pinball team for getting this great tittle . It really is awesome to see you guys succeed and get a dream tittle on just game two!!! Seriously awesome! You've got a lot of work ahead you , but damn ! This is awesome !

#562 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hmm, are you saying you've seen the art already and it's boobalicious?

No, but Charlie wanted to do this tittle . And based on the artwork I have seen from the artist it will be awesome.

#579 4 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Stop trying to turn this into a tittle thread.

Sorry I didn't realize I used that word so often . From here on I shall refer to it as "Theme"

#588 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I apologize if I'm explaining the joke, but the word is "title" and you keep writing "tittle" which makes it sound like "tits".

AH , OK I see . I was never any good at spelling , I'm going to blame that on phone's autocorrect though .

10 months later
#4783 3 years ago

Hello everyone , I will be selling custom pingulps for this game . I use automotive paint and clear . The artwork is stenciled and hand painted . Option of with or without the red (blood)splatter . The splatter on every pingulp will be unique . Artwork will be done on both sides but pingulp comes with either a left or right mounting bracket . These are officially loved and approved by Spooky . I will be doing these in runs of 25 so when I have enough interested people I will do a run of them . Cost is $52 shipped (if shipped within the USA) no money needed until they are ready to ship if you are interested please pm me .
Thank you
Doug

20160508_173142.jpg

20160502_221652.jpg

1 week later
#4906 3 years ago

Cool, I was going to ask if anyone saw that . My coworker said he saw that on the news last night .

1 month later
#5296 3 years ago

Everyone that contacted me on these is going to get a pm in the next few days . 14 ready in this pic the others in progress yhe first batch will be ready soon .

20160620_211627.jpg

#5301 3 years ago

blockquote cite="#3210465">Can I move in with you, Doug?

Yeah but I'd put you to work

#5319 3 years ago

I've been getting quite a few pms on the custom pingulps (thank you everyone) and I'm trying to respond to everyone but I realize it's tough to respond to everyone in a timely manner. So ,The first run of these are sold out , if you are someone that contacted me around a month ago and I have been in touch with you (you are in the first run) you will be receiving a pm from me soon about payment and shipping details . I realize that there is enough interest in these that I'm going to need help with the distribution , pinballlife.com will be taking care of the sales of these from here on. The custom Spooky pingulps will be on their website as soon as I can get enough done for them to list (it will take me about a month to finish enough for them ) and will try to keep them stocked (everyone that wants one will have a chance to get one)If you are in the first run and it is more convenient for you to order from pinballlife let me know when you receive my pm .
Thank everyone , you are all awesome !
Doug

1 month later
#5700 3 years ago

The custom Spooky pingulps I painted are now available at pinballlife
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4373

1 month later
#6003 3 years ago

Put up a decent score (for a player of my skill level) on my friend's Rob Zombie tonight . High score number one but he must have recently updated his game because I seem to recall the scores being higher than that last time I was there .

20160904_202856.jpg

#6014 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

From Spooky's facebook

Hey is that my old flight 2000 cabinet?

2 weeks later
#6245 3 years ago

Does the spooky minute last for just one minute ?or does it start at midnight and last for an extended amount of time?

1 month later
#6567 3 years ago

I have never had a problem seeing the ball on any of the RZs I have played , silver balls contrast the dark playfield nicely . I'm going to get some black balls from Matt at Backalley and put them in my RZ when I get it , make the game even more challenging .

#6574 3 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Eh, overall it's just a poor lighting design.
Spooky pinball should invest a little more time on lighting and artwork. If they don't, I could care less. But if they do, I really feel like they could interest even more players in buying their games. I should probably mention that I have a degree in design and in photography so I suppose I hold a much higher regard when it comes to well designed lighting and artwork.
Same criticisms I made since 2010 on why Stern wouldn't just go 100% LEDs.
Less heat, better lighting. Cheaper and bulbs last longer. It should have been a no brainer but they managed to drag their feet on it for years.
Stern, along with the entire industry did move to LEDs and all companies have greatly improved their lighting in general, since that standard was established. Stern hired some very good talent to design the lighting in their games, starting with the announcement of Met. Pro LED. All these seem like common sense, good decisions to me.
I can pick apart the best designed machines and find lots of things I don't like about every single game I own. I'm not picking on this game. I think it currently suks because with just a few changes, the game could have been or (still can be) great. BUT, I had those same feelings after playing AMH.
Also, regarding the price, wasn't the base price for the game 6k+ at launch? That's 1k more than a new Star Trek pro or Mustang pro. Just trying to justify the price, that's all.

I couldn't care less what you have a degree in , your opinion on artwork has no higher value to me than anyone else's on pinside . I think the artwork on RZ is awesome ,and that is just my opinion others can feel free to disagree with it .As for lighting ,yes it is a bit dark but I personally like it a bit dark because I think it fits the dark theme of the game ,just like some horror movies have seens that are dark . Some of the suggestions you say are necessary to improve the game are fine, others (in my opinion ) would make it worse . Spooky made a game that is different ,I really like the fact that they did . But it is really pointless for us to go back and forth about opinions because that is all they are is opinions and I'm sure that neither of us will concede that the other is right. You don't like the game and will not be buying one ,I like the game and I am buying one . This game certainly does not suck ,but that's just my opinion .

1 week later
#6633 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I would think it took me 30-40 mins to get to HB. That's a guess but it was a fair while. I know it took 3 goes at Demoniod to complete it (thank f it saves progress, that petrol tank roll over is tricky to get!) and I think What took a few goes (sometimes the VUK feeds the ball down past the flipper and you can't get to hit it at all and you get nooooothingggg)
I don't think I would make it any harder. TBH I don't think it was an easy task to get there. Game is hard enough as it is.
If people could get to the wizard every couple of games (like some pins) then yeah, make it harder. I don't think that's the case with RZ.
rd

I would say that you are better than the average player also .

#6637 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Now I have my "old man" reading glasses, and can actually see the ball properly, I'm getting better and better!
rd

Well whatever you are doing it's working . I've had a few pretty decent games on RZ but not close to hellbound yet .

2 weeks later
#6724 3 years ago

Picked up my Rob Zombie today ! Thank you Charlie and KT for letting me pick it up on a saturday ! Thank you to centerflank for driving out to Spooky with me to help me get this game and helping me get it in the basement . His first time playing Rob Zombie today and he was kicking my ass , he really enjoyed the game . Also thank you to everyone that purchased one of my custom spooky pingulps , any and all the money I made on those went towards the purchase of this awesome game . Need to go play it some more to knock off the high scores centerflank put up .

20161203_143548 (resized).jpg

20161203_143608 (resized).jpg

#6726 3 years ago

Set up and next to it is the Pinball Zombies translite .

20161203_171839 (resized).jpg

20161203_171856 (resized).jpg

#6727 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Factory reset.
rd

Ha! Yeah I enjoy the challenge of knocking them off though .No crazy good good scores So it should be fairly easy to take them down but he put up some decent scores for his first time playing the game .

1 week later
#6808 3 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

You Rob zombis owners, are you digging your game ?
I have a beautiful TZ, color dmd, lots of mods, Guy wants me to trade ? Will I like this game ? Pm me if you prefer Thanks Ken

RZ is awesome ! I am loving this game . Completely different type of gamethan TZ , if you have a chance to go play RZ do so , so you can decide for yourself how you feel about it.

#6849 3 years ago

I have finally completed all the modes . Demonoid phenomenom was the one that took me the longest to complete , I was concentating on getting this mode down tonight and I did . Now if I could just complete them all in a single game .

20161216_233632 (resized).jpg

#6850 3 years ago
Quoted from Brian541:

Ok,My rob zombie #167 is due to be delivered next week,Hoping it makes it for christmas!I have all factory mods available,Bill acceptor door and harness,Knocker and shaker from pinball life and a topper.For those lucky people who have had the chance to play and mod this game already what are the must haves other than what I have listed?Pinblades?Suggestions?Merry christmas!

I consider one of these a must have .

20161216_234828 (resized).jpg

#6853 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I got all excited when I read that and thought you'd got to the Wizard!
Agree that Demonoid is the hardest, especially the right hand rollover on the upper playfield. Miss it and you gotta shoot the ball back up again!
rd

Damn, I wish ,The best I've done is 6 completed modes in a single game . Getting to Hell bound on this game is going to be very diificult for me , but I see it as a goal that I will reach in time . Right now I'm trying to get consistant at all the modes .It's awesome that you made it there Dave this game is tough .

#6880 3 years ago

My daughter likes Rob Zombie as well . She says she is getting good at the ramp shot .

20161218_172919 (resized).jpg

#6883 3 years ago

So fawzma when playing house of 1000 corpses do trough switches count? Honest question because it seems as though it could be a good strategy to let some balls drain while ball save is lit. If they do count I like it , this game seems like good strategy will help you advance further and I like that .

#6902 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think doug is suggesting it is strategy. there are actually lots of time to use this strategy in games and it can be fun. I have no real opinion on RZ 1000 mode, but can understand the idea and dig it in theory.
Bascially you are strategically allowing a ball to drain with the idea that you can make more controlled shots with fewer balls on the table. The reward is you get 5 free switch hits. The risk is that ball saver can turn off at any second and you just gave a ball away to the pinball drain gods.

Yes whysnow is correct , this is exactly what I was thinking . I can complete house of 1000 corpses on my second trip to the house but I have never done it on the first trip to the house . I was wondering if I could switch up my strategy to basically "cheat " the system by draining some balls early and collecting some cheap switch hits . Fawzma you were already on top of this no need to make any adjustments on code ,this was just something I was wondering about . No need for me to try some new strategy I just need to play better and I'm sure I'll get those 1000 corpses on the first trip to the house at some point .

#6909 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You'd get like 8 hits for a drain ... 7 trough switches and the shooter lane.
But yeah, it'd be best to keep smashing them around the PF for more hits.
rd

Yes this is exactly why I was asking , 8 switch hits for each ball drain if you count the shooter lane . Also think how fast a ball would roll through an empty trough ,7 switches in less than a second , I'm not sure a single ball could collect that many switch hits in that amount time from the playfield . To be clear I was not suggesting any changes to code or anything (I think Fawzma got it right ) I was just curious if they did count , and if they did I was going to see if I could use that to my advantage .

#6911 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

No offense, but imo draining your balls as strategy to collect switches is stupid.

Yep , that's why I said Fawzma got it right , but if it was in the code that trough switches counted I was going to try to take advantage of it , that's all .

#6912 3 years ago

It's tough to get 1,000 corpses on one trip to the house ( I have not done it yet ) so just looking for the best way to get to 1,000 . So far the best way I personally have found is to try and keep the chop save active while in house of 1,000 corpses .

1 week later
#6955 3 years ago

I Finally got 1,000 corpses on my first trip to the house ,did it on ball one. I also completed living dead girl and murder ride on ball one . Was feeling like I might have a good shot at getting to hell bound and then the next 3 balls happened ( picked up the extra ball for 3 modes) ouch ! Only managed to complete what mode with the rest of balls . Still ended up with a decent score , but damn I was feeling real good after ball one . This game might be one of the best " just one more game" games ever . Closest I have been to hell bound is 7 modes completed in a single game , I'm getting closer , I just need to play "one" more game tonight .

20161230_212907 (resized).jpg

#6962 3 years ago

Space Ghost and Rob Zombie tonight! Happy new year everone!

20161231_194130 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#7145 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I miss a lot on this game. Haha. Wasn't able to get into the modes too much cause I couldn't quite figure out what I was supposed to do. Hopefully I get one near me again so I can give it another go.

Instruction cards help out a ton with objectives to the modes , if the game you were playing does not have the instruction cards on it you can veiw them at spooky's website under game support . In modes some shots reward you while others don't or end the mode .Understanding the modes is a big part of Rob Zombie . Completing modes is my main goal when playing this game . To those of you that have made it to hell bound , that is awesome , best I have done now is 8 modes complete on a single game . I will get there someday . This game is all I've been playing lately , can't get enough of it very addicting .

1 week later
#7250 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Tappubiru kudasai! Arigato!
(Tap beer please!! Thanks!)
That's my limit.
rd

Ha ha ! Nice , how many languages can you say that in Dave?

#7300 2 years ago

Just a thought , but maybe some way to collect corpses other than being in the house multiball might be a good idea . Making 1,000 corpses easier to achieve (and worth less points when achieved ) might balance the game out a little more . Maybe make the murder cards worth like 20 corpses each or collecting all 3 worth 50 or 100 or something like this . Since you can collect cards while in living dead girl maybe this would give you another objective or reason to start living dead girl .
Another thought would be some type of random,or surprise, award ,(many games have this) this could be done with some sort of hurry up: example hit shots one ,two and three on the playfield "hurry up"lights on the left orbit and you have fifteen seconds or so to hit the left orbit . If you hit it you will get a random award before starting the mode . Random awards could be like many other games to include , light extra ball , 500,000 points , collect 100 corpses , bonus x , playfield x , and such . Doing this would also give the player more reason to shoot the orbit and start modes . Just a thought , I already play for the modes but I think making them key in playing this game and maybe a few more ways to achieve goals might be helpfull . Again just a thought , game is pretty awesome as is now . Just thinking of ways to balance it out a little .

#7347 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

What's happening is, you dropped the target and the lock is waiting. You start some other mode, then finish. Drop target goes up (need to check for the need). You shoot behind the target and the lock is granted, because technically it was still waiting. I don't have a machine in front of me, if someone would like to confirm.

Sounds right .From what I have noticed the game lets you know when you can sneak a lock in there by having the number of the ball to be locked flashing even though the drop target is up .

1 week later
#7423 2 years ago
Quoted from Zsozso:

The dealer didn't told me this box is crushed, I don't know how this box should look alike. I just payed it, the dealer himself crane it, and he tie it. Now I am looking like the biggest liar in the world.

The dealer lied to you , that box is clearly severely damaged . I would think that that picture of it in your van is proof that it was damaged in shipping , dealer needs to get in contact with the shipping company ,it should have been insured. If the dealer won't work with you ,you need to contact a lawyer .

1 week later
#7557 2 years ago

Is your SD card in all the way? Is your head bolt making contact with your ground braid?

#7558 2 years ago

Idtattoo, I was thinking the same thing (you beat me by 5 seconds with your post) they do stick up a little but in his picture it does look like it is out a little more than usuall .
Princea56001 another thing to check is to make sure no wires were pinched while raising the head .

2 weeks later
#7669 2 years ago
Quoted from boost:

248 was delivered to Texas Pinball festival. I hugged, unboxed, and put on the floor for others to enjoy for 3 days.

Awesome! How many plays did it get for the 3 days at TPF ?

#7725 2 years ago

I put up this score tonight . Ball 1 and 2 were great , 5 modes completed. Picked up the extra ball for modes completed on ball 2 , I was really thinking I was making a run for hellbound . And then the extra ball and ball 3 were awefull . This is why I love this game , It always keeps me wanting more . A nice score but a repeat of ball 1 and 2 and it would have probably been double that .

20170330_234207 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#7888 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

To encourage playing modes, make LDG available again after a mode is completed.
Or, to make it even better, after starting a mode, make LDG available so you can stack them together.
Stacking shit is cool.
rd

Yes! stacking ldg with modes would be cool , I kind of use it as a stacker now because I go for the murder cards while in ldg . If youcould stack ldg with demonoid phenomenom that would be nice .

#7912 2 years ago

Just saw this , might be a good solution for people that would like to make their playfield brighter . Especially if it would work/fit all 4 slings in the game .
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guess-the-new-prototype-product

#7922 2 years ago

Can you bend that ball guid just a bit so it has more of an arch to it for the ball to roll down easier ?

#7928 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Thanks. Wires are from me taking things apart. My playfield wasn't level but it is now. Playfield was tilted to left!

I think this may be only solution.
I stuck a piece of felt right where balls just stops and it solves the issue but not really a permanent solution.

I would loosen the screws that hold the ball guide ,reform it just a bit and then tighten the screws . Those screws might be holding the ball guide just slightly out of shape.

#7929 2 years ago

That and doing away with slightly leaning to the left should fix your problem. I have had very few hang-ups on my game but I also keep mine pitched more than most people do. I don't really know if it is my pitch , or if my ball guides just have a tad bit better shape to them though . You just got to find that sweet spot and you shouldn't have the hang -up problem .

#7943 2 years ago

Red hot is completed while in the what multiball after completing what . It is the right orbit to complete red hot. Left orbit and hitting it in the captain spalding shot is a jackpot .

#7944 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

One mode and sub mode away from Hellbound. 2 super skill shots in one game. And then of course I choked.
Factory settings... and a gentlemanly tilt setting.

That's as close as I have been also . What was your final score for that game?

#7947 2 years ago

Yeah , had you known you might have been just one mode away from hellbound . That Demonoid Phenomenom is a tough one though .

#7964 2 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

I find that a number of times that I shoot the left orbit it misses the mode hole. Is this a common problem?

It has a ramp going into the mode hole , if it is not a solid shot up the left orbit there might not be enough power to get in there .

#7983 2 years ago

The Rob Zombie that was at mgc , was running v20 and the drop target does not reset after modes any more , if it was down before starting the mode it will be down after the mode . That was a nice fix . I think the dirty pool is still there but it is if you get past the drop without droping it , points but I don't think it awards a lock. Other thing I noticed is what mode saving progress . I am sure there is more call outs but it was hard to hear at mgc .

1 month later
#8314 2 years ago

I saw an early version of this mod at mgc and gave some input on what info I would like to see displayed on it . I'm in .

#8347 2 years ago

Bangerjay had 2 trons next to each other and he had the gem switch on each game hooked into the tilt of the other so when you hit the gem shot on your game you tilted the other player out . Something like this would be cool so your play could have a negative effect on the person you are playing against. Would have to have enable/disable option though I am sure not everyone would like this.

#8415 2 years ago

Listened to the spooky podcast today , sounds like V20 is going to be a huge update . Can't wait to check it out .

1 week later
#8466 2 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

the ball keeps getting stuck
In the launcher and not making it into the launch lane. It's happening every few games. I tried doing a servo test but no servos seem to do anything in the test except for the shaker. Any ideas? Thanks

Something may have rattled loose on the coil that kicks it out of the trough(one of the coil mounting brackets ) most likely the one that holds the coil near the bottom . Check to make sure your coil is secure and aligned .

#8472 2 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

I turned the ball loader strength up to 9 from 8.5 and so far so good - we'll see.

Was going to suggest that also , just thought something might be loose or not aligned to cause that to lose strength . Good to hear it is working , with such an easy fix .

#8474 2 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

Its just a but confusing why the strength would have to be adjusted when it was always set to 8.5 before and the problem just started happening. Does the ball loader get weaker with use?

As parts wear out yes , coil sleave, and plunger mostly but this would be only after tons of plays . In a home use , years of play . But if the coil mounts are loose they can cause it to lose power also . Which is why I thought something may have rattled loose if it was fine with factory setting for the power and now it needs a little more . These are mechanical issues that could make it weaker .Power issues could also make it weaker as well.

3 weeks later
#8657 2 years ago

Finally had a little time to put the new code in and play some games . V20 is awesome! Have to change up my gameplay a bit for the new (better) rules . This was the best score I could put up in the short time I had with the new code .

20170702_003906 (resized).jpg

#8668 2 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Is the shot supposed to return out of control? Bueller?

Usually goes to the flipper for me , but if it is a shot to the orbit that barely makes it around it can trigger the upper sling .

#8742 2 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Earlier I completed dragula and shit left orbit to go to video mode upon completion the mode select music played but didn't give me the option to select a mode. The DMD just read "completed" then seconds later the VUK ejected the ball before ball search happened. Once the ball came down from the upper playfield normal play resumed.

That seems to be normal now I have gotten video mode quite a few times on the new code and it has done this every single time . Getting to choose another mode after completing the video mode was one of the reasons to go for the video mode instead of multiball . Don't know if this change was intended or not .

#8746 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

This change was done on purpose. I'll revisit if I get too much pushback

With the time limit on getting the video mode , it seems like a hurry up. I'm thinking there should be some sort of bonus for getting it . As is now there would be no reason to go for the video mode , I think most players would opt to craddle the ball and wait for the multiball to auto start .

#8748 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

Unless there is a special score if you miss everything

Hmm, never thought of that . Never even tried to do that , interesting .

#8749 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

This change was done on purpose. I'll revisit if I get too much pushback

Please don't consider my comments a pushback . This was just my thoughts after a limited time with the new code . I am still learning the new rules, this new way might very well be the better way to do do it. I 'm sure there is more to this than I know of now . I just need to learn more and change up how I go about playing this game with the new rules . Thank you for all the work you have put into this game .

#8755 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

FWIW, I did like the old way, since MB tends to be worth more points... I'd shoot for VM to get a jump on the next mode while sacrificing the higher scoring.

Yep , that is what I was doing also . I did prefer it that way , but now pinballfantexas has me thinking might be missing something . He could be sitting there laughing his ass off at me now, but since he posted I have gone to video mode a few times and tried to miss everything ( extremely difficult , maybe even impossible) . That 115 million is one hell of a score !! I have yet to break 100 million .Came close before . My best game on the new code so far is just under 30 million I have not gotten house of 1,000 courpses completed with the new code yet though .

#8778 2 years ago

Hey Russ ,Did 2 balls end up stacked in there when it blew the fuse ? I've had 2 balls go up there and and the vuk was unable to clear them . I turned the game off to get them out , never blew the fuse . Only happened once , and on earlier code but maybe something like this was the source of your problem .

1 week later
#8849 2 years ago

Fuse may have blown . At the top of this page metallik posted about a cause and a solution to the problem he had with the vuk

#8850 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

If anyone is having issues with the VUK fuse blowing, check that switch under the upper playfield. My VUK stopped working.. checked and the fuse was blown. Checked the switch and sure enough, the front tab was mashed into the middle tab. I'm betting this intermittently shorts the matrix and causes the VUK to lock on or rapid fire, blowing the fuse.
I bent the tabs apart, but it looks like it'll need an L-bracket (small coil stop?) right in front of the switch to protect it as a permanent fix.

1 week later
#8924 2 years ago

Finally topped 100 million on this game!

20170725_220216 (resized).jpg

#8935 2 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

How do you actually score points on this on v20? I used to do 20-30mil easy, now
Im averaging 3-5mil with 10mil being a great game. Where are the points?

My average scores went way down with v20 also , which is a good thing because the game does feel more balanced for scoring now . Points are in completing modes and doing well on the multiballs . If you can complete around 3 modes and pick up a few super jackpots your average scores should be in the 20 millions . Huge score boost comes from completing house of 1,000 corpses , but that is tough . On v20 I have not completed it with just one time there , takes me 2 times there to complete. There has been a few games I went twice to house of 1,000 corpses and did not complete it

#8938 2 years ago

I also like to start with "what " mode . This is because I consider it a no risk mode , meaning if I don't complete the mode and drain from the upper playfield I don't lose my ball . If I do complete it I get a multiball and one step closer to getting the extra ball lit for mode completions .

#8943 2 years ago

Just topped 100 million again ! ... barely. I really liked this game before ,but v20 just put it over the top and I now consider Rob Zombie my favorite game . Congrats and thank you team spooky .

20170729_222327 (resized).jpg

#8947 2 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

Strategy? Just beat modes?

Yes ,for me it is all about beating the modes . On that game I completed only completed 4 of them but got a decent amount of super jackpots on the multiballs . 3 modes completed lights extra ball ,collecting that helps . I also try to lock 3 balls and go to house of 1,000 corpses on ball one . It usually takes me 2 times going there to complete so getting there on ball one means I have 2 more balls to try to get there again .

#8948 2 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

So I think my RZ was made with Houdini influences. Twice now it has made a ball disappear. The first time I found the ball trapped under the upper playfield in between some ball guides. I had to used a little magnetic reach tool to get it out. Last night I had people over and at some point in the night a friend told me that a ball was missing from the game. Sure enough the trough only had 6. I can't find the other ball anywhere.
Anyone else have this happen and where did you find it? I've seen balls get stuck in the slings but it's not there. Really confusing

Look down in the cabinet , I once had an airball go over the shooter rod cover and fall down into the cabinet.

1 week later
#8989 2 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

Hey has anyone had any issues with the amp in their game? I'm getting continuous screeching some times that only goes away when I turn it off and on.
I reset everything to factory today and noticed that sometimes all the audio goes away for a moment and there a low rumble sound from the speakers.

Check to make sure your audio cable is completely plugged in at both ends .

1 week later
#9071 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Ok. I'm either seeing a bug or have something odd going on. Sometimes when playing, the lock lights and cross lights just go dark. Then it seems like a mode changes and they start working again.
On another note. I saw where during living dead girl if I get the bonus going by shooting the upper playfield the bonus lights continue to Flash after the mode has ended. Is the bonus supposed to continue???
I had one double feed into the trough on ball three of a game after I noticed the light issue above. Only one I've seen and I've been playing a bunch.

It seems to happen when a hurry up is started . ( hitting the 2 blue standups on the right ) I thought it was done on purpose to focus your attention to the hurry up .I was still able to lock a ball even though my lock light was not lit at this time .

#9079 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

This may be one of the biggest understatements. It's a mean game but I keep hitting start.

Yep , I am very much addicted to this game . It gives me a glimmer of hope and then crushes me . And I love it for that . It makes having a great game on Rob Zombie is very rewarding .

#9086 2 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I finally completed 1K corpses with 1001 corpses. Woo hoo! I did not think I was going to make it...
Pussy Liquors is still a tough shot to hit consistently.

Nice! Feels pretty good to get there for sure . Did you have to get to corpses multiball twice or did you get them all with one multiball? I usually need to get corpses multiball twice to collect enough .
Yeah that right orbit is the toughest shot in the game , I got the left one nailed down, but the right one not so much .

1 week later
#9158 2 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Nobody having the issue with the robot/pop bumper not working?

The pop bumper ? Or the robot itself? If it is the Robot , mine did stop working . Charlie got me a new servo ,I installed it and he has been working fine since . Spooky has a video on youtube showing the replacement of this part .

#9161 2 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

It appears to be both. Thanks for the heads up. I'll look for the video.

Check the wiring on the pop bumper , it is possible that one of the wires has come off the coil .

#9163 2 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I tested it, and it's actually working, but the pop bumper appears to have become very insensitive. I re-gapped the switch. Hopefully that will fix it. The robot tests as though it is working, also. I haven't seen it turning during gameplay. Perhaps I just don't know how to get it moving. Haven't been playing this game much, but thinking of getting back to it.

When you go to the upper playfield the robot should turn to look that way.

#9171 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Speaking of the robot (already replaced the servo once), anyone know how to adjust it back to it's proper start and end place without damaging anything?

It is explained in the youtube video spooky made . I think if you followed the video and the robot is not in it's proper start position you need to take it apart and adjust the position of the screws holding it on .

1 week later
#9176 2 years ago

I have been on v20 since it was released . It was suggested early after the release of v20 to turn infected mode off . I have had no issues ( I have had infected mode off since installing ) . V20 is a huge update , tons of great new stuff . You should install it .

2 months later
#9486 2 years ago

Only had time to play 2 games on the new code but this is the score from my second game .

20171123_121936 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#9618 2 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Hey gang, just pulled my RZ out of the box two days ago. Still can't play a game, fuse blew for a coil right away, and the VUK can't get a ball up to the upper pf even at strength 10. I think I narrowed down the fuse issue, bad coil I believe..
The VUK issue looks tricky, I have moved it every way I can, it literally hits the bottom of the cage each try... I have had to pull the ball out with a magnet, it's never hit the upper PF, damn thing is unplayable until I can get this... anyone have any ideas, or have had this problem, I read for an hour and couldn't find similar... thx

I have not had an issue with the vuk but it seems as though it's an alignment issue . Bent mounting bracket ? Loose screw ? plunger not hitting center of ball , or sending it up at weird angle .
Did you update the game to the latest version before playing?

2 weeks later
#9695 2 years ago

My best score yet on v22 !

20180102_201010 (resized).jpg

#9704 2 years ago

Collecting 1,000 corpses is pretty tough and not all that exciting when you get there
I'd like some loud screaming and some in your face graphics, (maybe flashing lights ) when you get to 1,000 .

#9706 2 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Still haven’t achieved that yet but I do agree it should come with a rewarding graphic, light show, and callout!

Maybe GI goes dark , backglass lighting red , and loud screaming for sure . something that let's you that you've got there and lets you know in a way that you don't need to be watching the display panel.

2 months later
#9800 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I shot the video already. As promised.
However, after getting to the end several times yet not being able to get 1000 Corpses (which I used to do easily...) I discovered a bug in 1000 corpses which sort of nurfs you being able to multiply them. I suspect it has been there for several code revisions as I hadn’t got 1000 corpses for a while ... whereas I generally got them at least 50%.
Fawz is aware of the bug, and has promised to fix it with a few others as soon as ACMC is ready to go.
So I have a video with all the modes being crushed, but no Hellbound ....
rd

Yep I noticed corpses being much tougher as well , also once I got it and did not get 50 million for it ,that was odd . The only thing I would like to see added to this game is something to let you know when you've gotten 1,000 corpses , it is so tough to do and nothing really happens when you get there . I would like something like the game going completely dark and loud screaming .Something but yeah screaming for sure I would like that . I really like on scared stiff when you get to the top of the stiff o meter the game goes nuts , something like that would be awesome .

#9808 1 year ago

I love that idea Dave . Throw in some screams just before the flippers die and that would be perfect .

1 month later
#9865 1 year ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I'm still getting the two balls in the shooter lane. I verified all of my switches are where they are supposed to be per the switch matrix and I turned the trough power up to 10, but it's still happening. Anything else to look at?

check to make sure everything is tight on the mech that kicks the balls out of the trough .

2 months later
#9964 1 year ago

Have my cousins in town for a wedding , we played some pinball last night . RZ was the hit of night my guests really enjoyed playing it and were laughing at all the callouts .

1 month later
#10036 1 year ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I'm trying to figure out what is normal for the robot. I'm not sure when he is supposed to rotate during gameplay and such...

When you go to the upper play field he should turn 90 degrees to be looking at the upper playfield . He also does do smaller movements during game play. Home position is facing the boom box .

4 months later
#10236 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The good news, I’m told the corpse multipliers work again, so I can go back to playing the machine when I get home.
robertmee I know you were sold on the reverse flippers - but really, reverse flipper modes suck. IMO.
rd

Yes , I was finally able to get over 1000 corpses on the last game I just played in fact I ended up with over 1,300 Seems as though collecting 1,000 corpses is worth less than it used to be . This was my final score .

E97D5028-A870-46F9-B02E-24BCADD0D610 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Jose, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trilogybeer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside