image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomgwi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#110 8 years ago

Any Artwork or design revealed yet?

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Never heard about this theme. Checked it... Just awefull....
Unbelievable.....

Are there any games you like besides WOZ?

#270 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Still hoping I get on the list : (

Quoted from nephasth:

Send an email. I did last night and got on "the list".....

I sent an email but never got a response back.

#277 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Crazy... I sent an email to Charlie and got a response from him and later an additional response from KT.

Not worried. I sent the email to KT - I just asked if there were any LEs left as I figured they were gone by the time I sent my email. If I don't get an LE I wont sweat it.

#281 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

and the beauty of this is no real differences between the LE and the regular where it matters so nothing to fret.

and this one may not pass the wife test.

#283 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

your wife is pretty cool and the boys are getting older. Whom doesn't like hot chicks in zombie form...

My wife!

#372 8 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Moses parting the Red Sea animated backglass on the LE. Put me on the list now please.

Would also make a cool toy on the playfield. Get your ball across the Red Sea while it is parted.

#391 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

How do you guys get your AMH number? I can't beg borrow or steal mine and I don't want to be a PITA that emails over and over.

I asked awhile back and was told I was in the high 90s. I don't think they are numbered machines, just what your number is in the Order of leaving, but I could be wrong.

#395 8 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Meh, I think DeGarmo & Key would be a much better fit...

I'm on the "interested" list, not being an AMH owner.

I'm on the interested list, and will be an AMH owner. . Don't feel bad.

#399 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I am getting an LE that TomG won't have? The world may stop spinning.

I didn't know you had ordered AMH.

#614 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I did the bulk of design, Ben of course has his fingerprints in the game, and Dennis Nordman helped us with the upper playfield. Basically Dennis makes sure we don't screw it up royally.
Ben was the one who convinced me to add some more flow (with an assist to Aurich, who did have valid points). I can be stubborn, but Ben knows how to get through to me and get me to admit when I'm wrong. I like games that take chances and are different. I also understand you can't be TOO different, or the masses will shun the game play.
If 300 people like this game, then perfect! That's what we needed to make this successful.

Charlie,
Does the game still have the "banking" skill shot?

#618 8 years ago

Yep. Single, double, or triple if you're good.
And thanks Aurich! Ben and I never agree on everything either. We just know how to fight for what we believe in, and compromise when it matters.

Cool. I thought that was a neat feature and very unique in design and extremely hard to get the third.

3 months later
#1134 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

That looks really good.

Really good? It's fing Awesome!

1 month later
#1474 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

165 pixels sneak preview!

This image got 1 "unsafe" tag and has been hidden automatically, as per your settings. un-hideartz.jpg 1

I think I see a nipple.

3 weeks later
#1984 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Charlie, how many multi balls in this? Is it just the one and you use add a ball to get up to 7 balls?

I would also like to know this.

#2138 8 years ago

Yep the skill shot was a 3 bank shot. It was a biatch trying to hit it and when I did I thought I conquered the world.
I can't think of a game that has that feature in it.

#2229 8 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

The game doesn't suck! I had the privilege of playing Rob Zombie tonight. Had a blast playing head to head with Charlie. I am very excited to be getting one of the LEs.

20151211_222853.jpg 20151211_223223.jpg 20151211_223228.jpg 20151211_222707.jpg 20151211_231702.jpg

Chris you lucky son of a...!

Charlie had the game all covered up when I picked up mine.
He even teased me and pointed at it.

I am in for Rob Zombie.

#2306 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Uh. They literally are the same game, you can even swap the ROMs. It was just a retheme. That's kind of a terrible example. But yes, Stern games tend to look like "Stern games".

Cabinet and translite are just posters for the most part. Billboards, signs, whatever. You have a shape, and you get to fill it with art. It's a familiar thing to just about any artist.
Playfields are definitely trickier.

At least I'm not alone.

I can't wait to see the Alien artwork so I can critique it to death.

#2309 8 years ago

It just gets old. GoT, Hobbit, RZ.

It's okay to have an opinion and I respect it but it just seems you carry on about it. Walk away from the keyboard every once in awhile. Wtf man? Don't take it personal.

I know people go ga ga about the art but honestly, I'll take the entire package our the art.

#2600 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thumbs up (except for shitty ACDC)

I'll make sure to put ACDC in my next tournament.

#2613 8 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

image.jpeg image.jpeg

I really like the top art for the playfield but looks too much like the translite.

#3179 8 years ago

#78 dude!

#3204 8 years ago

That's funny. I was emailed that I was 79. One of us is not 79.

#3210 8 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Hmm. Well, I guess they'll have to make 301 then . . .
My guess is KT will sort it out and correct via this thread or by e-mail.

We could arm wrestle for it, although I'll just hire Centerflank to do the arm wrestling for me.

I'm not married to the number so if we both have it I'm okay with a different one.

#3211 8 years ago

Looks like I'm 78 now! (Kayte just emailed me).

#3215 8 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

WooHoo #78 right here babay!

Lmao!

#3216 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Amended: 75 - Tom, 76 - Tom, 77 - Tom, 78 - Tom, 79 - Tom, 80 - Tom

rd

Wow it's been a better year then I thought.

#3222 8 years ago

We like Tom.... we don't like him THAT much! Even if KT did try to swap Bug's braces for Tom's game.
By the way, that offer still stands!!!

Poor Bug.
image.jpegimage.jpeg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3263 8 years ago

I am in on Bible Adventures if Spooky makes it. Put me down Kayte and Charlie.

#3295 8 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

The ark multiball. You have to collect two of every animal (balls) then pow lightning, water, etc.. Best game toy ever. Burning bush spinner. No copyrights its a winner

I think you should flood the game for ark Multiball with 8 balls.

3 months later
#4547 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Maybe someone could bring a camera rig and stream RZ all MGC weekend. Hint hint Tom

You should of texted me. I could of set this up. Although I have no portable Internet.

#4554 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Hotel had free wi-fi. It really was just a tongue in cheek suggestion. Didn't really think you'd want to add any more work to MGC than you already do! I know I wouldn't want to tear down MORE stuff at the end.

You need a really fast upload speed to stream. Hotel wifi probably won't be enough.

Your Right. Probably would have been too much.

#4559 8 years ago

I'm #78 and I have a feeling I will see my RZ before I see my Hobbit.

#4646 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I wonder why a $6000 large toy can't come with colored leds.... just saying!

Do you say the same thing for incandescent clear bulbs....just saying.

3 weeks later
#4863 7 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

As an LE buyer... not that I am aware of. Really getting hard to justify the extra $500.00. I do much prefer the side armor, but actually like the standard backglass better and the plaque is a lame plastic.

If your not happy I'll trade you my standard. I am in the 70s if I recall.

2 weeks later
#5127 7 years ago

Because we can't get hi-def images on our display... so Ben Heck made the video mode look like a retro NES game. David & David put the effects and Dragula (8-bit version) music together... personally, when I saw it (I had no idea how it was going to be) I freakin' loved the Dragula NES sound! Ben did an awesome job on that mode, because Ben is awesome like that.
Game #36 is done and in the box for those keeping score. 5 more games from #24 to #31 are on the dock waiting for today's truck. The rest of the 50 LE's are on stands in final testing.

Do you get a TFTC playfield with every order? I see a really nice one in the lower left corner of that pic.

1 month later
#5573 7 years ago

Anyone know what numbers they are around?

1 week later
#5594 7 years ago

Anyone know what number games they are on?

#5631 7 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

If I was to make a guess. Which I can in no way verify. I would say the following:
the 60's are wrapped up and ready to go.
The 70's are in production.
The 80's are in pre-production

Cool thanks. I'm in the late 70s so I should be finding out soon.

2 weeks later
#5797 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Where did you get the version 11 files?

http://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/

Right under Rob Zombie Mylar placement

#5803 7 years ago

I'm picking up mine tomorrow. Yeah!!!!!

#5843 7 years ago

Would there be anyway to hold one of the flipper buttons while the ball is in the shooter lane before you plunge the ball in multiplayer games to see scores?

#5845 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I'll look into reenabling this feature. Used to have it in. I can set it to where the scrolling info will show all players scores scroll across while holding the one flipper.

Cool that would be awesome.
Sorry I just got the game with v11 installed so I didn't know it was there.
Tom.

#5857 7 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

What number are you?

1 week later
#5916 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Spots are a must IMO. You cannot even see the playfield artwork with the stock lighting.

If your playing in the dark.

#5921 7 years ago

Stock game with Spooky led upgrades and mods. Compared to WOZ GI it is much better in RZ IMHO. Added pic with game off.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#5923 7 years ago

Yep. Just hard to see in pics.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#5928 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I finally got to play a Rob Zombie yesterday on site and it was a shit show. I really hope this was not indicative of the build quality. Game was set to $1 per play and it obviously has to be pretty new, so I'm really disappointed at my experience.
Everyone talks about how dark this game is, but on this one I think ALL the GI was out. I didn't have a clue what I was supposed to be doing.
The ball hung up in so many different places: shooter lane on the switch (out of reach of the plunger), under the mini-playfield somewhere, in the left orbit, and at least one other place. Sometimes nudging worked it loose, but I tilted and lost balls more times than not (totally uncool at $1/game).
Between these issues and things I've read here, like ramp flap screws stripping and popping loose, I'm really concerned. I left this experience doubting if the game is any good and how well it was built. VERY SMALL SAMPLE SIZE, but enough that combined with other comments here has me worried I won't be happy with the experience when I get my game.
I'm not saying the sky is falling, and I'll wait to finalize any judgement until I can play another example (probably at Expo) but my initial impression took all the negative comments I've seen here and made them a bit worse. Here's hoping that was an anomaly experience.

When I picked up my game It sounded like Spooky was going to put out a video explaining game rules shortly. Might be some time to get it all edited I'm sure

As far as the GI, out, sounds like the operator needs to take care of that.

#5962 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

This may be coincidence, but it started happening at the same time I upgraded to v12. Attempt the skill shot, don't hit any switches and drain. The DMD says ball saved, but it doesn't kick another ball out. The game then goes into ball search for a while, then eventually the game recognizes it as a drain. My plan tomorrow is to revert to v11 and see if the problem goes away.
Edit:
This now says fixed in the release notes for v13, which is still in progress. Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to it.

Where can you see the release notes?

#5965 7 years ago

I don't know if it has been added or talked about but would it be possible to make it so you don't have to renter your initials for high scores for the same player.

#5968 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

it's on the list.

Cool. Thanks.

#6034 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I can't speak for Jeff, but on mine, the ball comes out of the VUK, then often bounces off the rail on the left of the playfiled all the way back the rail on the right, then races off the upper playfield without me being able to get the flipper on it.

I have found it it a lot of rhythm once I get the ball under control.
When my ball comes out of the VUK, if I immediately try to flip it will go down the rail back to the playfield. A lot of times it will hit the right side post and bounce over to the mini flipper.
I have completed the what mode quite a few times but it took awhile to get the timing down.

#6124 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The new Stern Spike games make a racket too.
rd

Yeah. The spike ones have a fan in them and makes a lot of noise. I have never heard anything from my AMH or RZ.

#6130 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

My RZ does have a fan in it that makes a good bit of noise. Nothing bad; just normal fan noise. Maybe Spooky changed to a different power supply mid-run?

I'll have to look at mine. I never noticed it but maybe I have the volume too load to notice.

#6149 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

ok how about something as simple as adding curves

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

one more.. 5 fixed and 1 changed

It looks great.

1 month later
#6431 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

V015 is available http://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/
V015 - 13/OCT/2016
Fixed - Scores moved in 2 pixels so they don't get cut off. (AV)
Fixed - Player initials are saved and pre-filled in when multiple scores need to be entered by same person
Fixed - validAdult setting was not returning expected results.
Fixed - Match knocker goes off at match reveal
Added - New lowest score "tiny score" alternate score table
Added - Processors now reset after exiting menu system to allow graphic system to reload
Added - Chop ball save option to turn off/on. If off, players get awarded points instead of setting the ball save timer
Added - "Game Settings" turn shaker off/on while ball is in play
Added - EOB light animation indicates the area of playfield where bonus is earned
Added - Last scores are now shown in attract mode rotation
Update - Extra ball is lit on 3rd ball if score it low
Update - Ramp hand animation priority lowered to allow save clips to play out.
Update - Removed score multiplier (times balls in play) from 1000 corpse mode.
Update - Pops are no longer affected by ball count in play.
Update - Completing super pops increases pop multiplier up to 5x. Only lasts on current ball in play.

Damn. I must be living under a rock lately. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Wanted
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomgwi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=tomgwi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.