image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tmontana.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2900 8 years ago

I'm in on the standard. When I saw the LE backglass I wasn't sure if I really liked it better than the standard or if it just looked "better" to me because it was the one I wasn't getting, so I showed both to my wife and she likes the standard more so I'm happy with that!

#2901 8 years ago

I know my opinion won't change anything but this IS a discussion forum. My only thoughts on a change would be how awesome it would be to have a spinner to smack during the house of 1000 corpses mode

3 months later
#4471 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

At least keep the option open for no zero point ball save like AMH had. I don't like the whole plunging and dropping all day to get a safe trap off the plunge. I do it myself on games often since well, with many games you'd be dumb not to, but it sure gets boring and I'd rather that behavior be treated more like draining (which is what it is) rather than being infinite free time.

Personally I feel like this is just a standard for modern pins. Even games without a ball save like taf, give you your ball back if no switch is registered

#4472 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

At least keep the option open for no zero point ball save like AMH had. I don't like the whole plunging and dropping all day to get a safe trap off the plunge. I do it myself on games often since well, with many games you'd be dumb not to, but it sure gets boring and I'd rather that behavior be treated more like draining (which is what it is) rather than being infinite free time.

Personally I feel like this is just a standard for modern pins. Even games without a ball save like taf, give you your ball back if no switch is registered

1 week later
6 months later
#6355 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Do wms or stern mirror blades fit a spooky game?

Curious to know this as well.

2 weeks later
#6475 7 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

My RZ should be delivered to Kruzman's today! Wish I had room for it at my place but at least it's in good hands.

You doing an undercab led kit for it? I'm getting mine in a month or two and would love to buy one.

#6476 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Williams or Stern style side mirror blades fit RZ? Does anyone know?

They have some for AMH. https://pinballsidemirrors.com/product/special-regular-mirrors/
Is the RZ cabinet size identical to AMH?

1 month later
#6756 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Oh, I almost forgot, here's a link to the STL file:
http://ledocd.com/RZ_VUK_Guide.zip

Not showing as an stl file for me.

#6758 7 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Just noting that the file worked for me and the print came out great. Still need to install it though.

Hmm, I'll have to try again tomorrow.

#6780 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Does anybody know if wpc or stern mirror blades fit on rz? I can modify them abit if needed.

The AMH one's work
https://pinballsidemirrors.com/product/special-regular-mirrors/

I ordered some during black friday and will install when I get my game in a couple of weeks

#6798 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

The amh ones have a cut out on both sides for the side mounted leds dont want that on RZ.

Darn, wish I would've known about that. Oh well, we'll see how the look.

1 week later
#6884 7 years ago

Just got the notice that it has shipped. Game 161 & 177 for those keeping track.

1 week later
#6945 7 years ago

Got my game and have been playing non stop for the past few days and I'm loving it. The phrase that keeps popping into my head is "controlled chaos"

Some thoughts on improvements, many of which others have mentioned:

-Clicking both flippers should show the scores from the previous game. I know you can do this by clicking the right flipper on the main screen but I feel like it's been industry standard now for 20 years that both flippers gives you last score. Also clicking on the right flipper moves things forward but clicking on the left flipper doesn't take you one screen back as has also been standard.

-Have an option in the menu for "Disable tilt on coin door open" and an option for "Coin door ball saver", these are both necessary if using the game in a tournament and a ball is stuck.

-When a mode is completed it would be nice to see how much was earned in that mode, especially true for Dragula video mode. Right now I kill a bunch of things but have no idea how I did at the end.

-Speaking of showing scores. Need to see scores more often for shots, especially for jackpots. Right now I hear the call out for jackpot but have no idea how much I scored.

-Would like to see more movement from the robot. Seems a bit under utilized right now.

-Would like to see some sort of running total for House of 1000. Maybe even some cool animation of corpses piling up

Overall, I'm super happy I got in on this and can't wait to get deeper into the game.

#6951 7 years ago

Anyone think there is a need to install a small piece of mylar in the inlanes where the ball drops from the wireform or is the clearcoat strong enough?

#6957 7 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

-Would like to see some sort of running total for House of 1000. Maybe even some cool animation of corpses piling up

*Correction: This already exists but because of the 'super pops' animation, you hardly ever see it. Therefore I'll change my wish list to being that the corpses should take precedent over the super pops animation.

#6958 7 years ago

Finally put all the mods I bought on.
I have Rock Custom's interactive undercab kit (love how this changes colors during different modes and things happening on the playfield)
Pinball refinery uv kit (love this, doesn't look as purple as the pictures show and really makes some things on the playfield light up.)
Pinball Side mirrors

Unfortunately during the install of all this my elbow hit the gas pump plastic and snapped it off. Luckily Spooky included an extra of that one in the goodie bag.

RZ (resized).jpgRZ (resized).jpg

RZ1 (resized).jpgRZ1 (resized).jpg

#6961 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

What model of side mirrors did you get? Did you have to drill them or the side wall?

Email pinball sidemirrors. He has them for rob zombie, just not listed on the website yet. I didn't have to make any changes to them.

#6963 7 years ago

I invited my friend over for nye. He got to hell bound twice. He's no longer welcome at my house.

I streamed the first one on facebook, quality is not good and not sure if you can see the video if you are not logged into facebook. Either way, here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/bill.lembesis/videos/10211632410311658

The second time I just recorded it so quality is much better. https://goo.gl/photos/cvW33X1y27Ky79tC6

As of now hell bound looks kind of buggy.

#6966 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Thanks so much. Can you pm me his email please? I've been unsuccessful using the website contact link in the past.

Actually, I contacted him through pinside.
He's wdpvideo

1 week later
#7083 7 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Haven't had this but I did have a ball fly back and under the apron, dropping into the cabinet by the coinbox area. Tell me the odds on that one.

I would say pretty good as it's happened to me twice hahaha

2 weeks later
#7218 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

This does seem to happen more on RZ and AMH than any other game I can remember playing. My AFM, for example, a full speed shot around the orbit can hit a held flipper and the flipper doesn't budge. The ball will bounce off the rubber, but the flipper itself doesn't move. Is the hold coil the same size and voltage as WPC games?

I agree. This happens much more on my RZ than on any other game. Even when doing it by hand and trying my best to throw it at about the same speed and force. Seems to me that on RZ it takes MUCH less force to cause the flipper to be pushed down. Is the hold power the same for all coils or is that something that is set by the software?

#7244 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I'm almost positive it's 16AWG.
Has anyone else noticed a lot more shooter lane switch errors on the latest code?

I've gotten it a couple of times since code update.

#7265 7 years ago

I wonder if something could be done during the multiballs that would prevent people from cradling a ball on the right flipper and then shooting ramp jackpots all day. IMHO this really prevents this game from every becoming a tournament game. Maybe after a few jackpot shots make it so that another shot needs to be hit to relight the jackpot

1 month later
#7684 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Updated - SuperPop animation priority lowered

This makes me happy.

2 months later
#8389 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I wish that when you cashed out a jackpot it showed the value.

I really hope the scoring feedback gets addressed. If I make a shot that is worth more than the 'usual' points it should tell you exactly what it's worth.

#8393 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yes we are creating new splash screens to show jackpot values and also the value of major shots in every mode.
Plus more boobs in adult mode

How awesome would life be if any time you asked for something the answer was 'yes and you get more boobs'!

1 month later
#8857 6 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

OK so I finally get er set up. After several games the VUK stopped working. The switch registers in switch test. The wires on the coil are fine as well as the diode on the coil. It does not fire in solenoid test. Did the transistor blow? I would call spooky but it is after hours. Any ideas? Thanks, Mike

Happened to me today as well. It was the fuse.

1 month later
#9088 6 years ago

I was getting ready to host a pinball tournament last weekend and one of the things I do with all my games is tighten the tilts. I noticed on RZ that quick hits were not always registering. During the tournament people were getting away with some strong shakes where you could hear the bob hit the ring but warnings weren't always registering. A friend of mine came up with a solution that seems to work well so far. Basically he added a small capacitor.

Here's a pic and an explanation. https://www.reddit.com/r/pinball/comments/6vkejn/i_modded_a_rob_zombie_because_it_wasnt/

Software requests: On a related note I also noticed that I would not always get a tilt warning on the display when one was given. There would be an audio call out but I think any tilt warning should also always display. Also, the tilt bob does not work while the ball is in the shooter lane. Is this by design?

#9091 6 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Tilt does not work properly....i have access to 3 machines - they are all the same - i know some kind of software fix is in the works.

Hmmm, wasn't aware of a software fix coming, I hope you are correct. Good thing about this mod is that it was cheap and easy, and it can be easily removed when/if their is a software fix.

#9109 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

My 'H' In CHOP doesn't register for the first several hits during the first game of an evening, but then starts working correctly. Same as you I've adjusted and checked in switch mode and seems fine. I don't think it's a bug as much as physically it isn't working until it is hit several times. I was going to try and replace it this weekend if I get a chance.

Happens with me too, except it's the O and the P. It's not a software issue as I can feel it not triggering. After a few rollovers it "unsticks" and works as it should.

#9122 6 years ago
Quoted from rask4p:

I have started having the switch issue too, are we sure it isnt related to v20? It seems like it manifested a bunch all of a sudden. That said it could just be the batch of switches we have in our machines.

My switch issue is definitely mechanical as when it's not working I can't feel/hear the "click" when I trigger it by hand but once it's working I can.

2 months later
#9438 6 years ago

Anyone have issues of two balls getting stuck in the wireform drop to the left inlane? I had a friend over who played the whole night and I had to unstick balls there 3 times. Thoughts on a "fix" for this?

4 weeks later
#9614 6 years ago

Anyone have a "fix" to ball hangups in the trough?
I've turned up the coil strength to the max setting.
It's leveled left/right and have it at 6.9 degree pitch on the playfield.
One out of 10 games I have a ball hangup in there and I have to shake it to get it to settle back down in order to kick out.

1 month later
#9740 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

same problem the game has been unplayable since update because of it.

Why not just turn off the ball save timer

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tmontana.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=tmontana and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.