Topic Stats

• 10,502 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by KingPinGames
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (3 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (3 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (2 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (2 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thedarkknight77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 4 years ago

They are drastically underestimating the potential of this pin. A run of 300 is way too low, given both artists..........If they can nail the flow and rules, this pin will walk among the top 20.

#237 4 years ago

I am in, love Rob Zombie, love the artist, little money down, big potential!

#572 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Thats my problem with the game...if it's pinball zombie's layout I'm out. Do not dig that layout at all. If it's tweaked I'm afraid that won't be enough. If it's a new layout, we'll see...anxious to see this game!

I agree, the layout although different, has a very poor configuration with almost no flow. Its all about the shots, designers need to worry less about being unique and more about flow. Given the size of a typical playfield, I believe there are no new good layouts as everything has been done........just find a game that had good flow and great shots, but had a terrible theme and copy it!

#574 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

As excited as I am about the possibilities of this game with Alex horley art, zombie music and a horror theme at the end of the day it has to be fun to play. If the action is anything like the zombie pin in the video I too would be ruluctantly out. Otherwise I could achieve the same package with a Horley poster and a zombie CD for much cheaper.
I understand spooky wanting to inject some randomness into the game and punishment for bad shots but of the three balls plunged in that video there were a total of seven touches before a drain...that's not even enough time to make a bad shot.
I'm hoping for maybe a drop bank in between those bumpers or a bash toy...if it's left wide open with the ability of the pops to send balls toward the slings for outlane drains or sdtm then imo Spooky will have squandered a great theme and taken a step back from AMH.

Well said!

1 month later
#889 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I'm so torn by this. I trust Ben and Charlie to mediate it all, BUT:
A "newbie" doing the programe may introduce some factors that could annoy us all
BUT and "newbie" doing this may revolutionize the way we play/think about the way it should be played.
So nervous..................................

Don't be nervous, I am thinking this could lead to something great. No offense to the great programmers out there, but there is so much that can be done that is not. I am hoping new blood will bring new ideas, hopefully someone will take some risk on and try something new..

2 months later
#1137 4 years ago

The game is basically going to be a pin art classic before anyone even plays it! Not selling my spot! If you didn't get on the list, these are going to be impossible to buy!

#1198 4 years ago

Is anyone else nervous about the list??? I sent an email and got a simple response that I was added, but I would feel better if there was something more formal??

#1203 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

It's my understanding KT has a spreadsheet with everyone's contact info (with spillover). As people drop out, those rows get deleted and everyone moves up.

Well considering no money was asked to be given yet, why would anyone drop off the list?

1 week later
#1286 4 years ago

I imagine Charlie and crew are currently looking at a list of 600 wanting in on this pin and they are starting to question whether 300 makes sense? At the same time, they are worried that if they commit to more they will be screwed. That's business! Before they take the 1000, they need to clarify or the community will flip. I personally would like to see them open up the run to 500 and let me explain why. The higher the run, the more profit this pin will generate and honestly, I want it to be the best pin possible. The larger the project, the more flexibility they will have with making adjustments and investing in the project. I could be wrong???

#1288 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

AMH was a hard stop at 150. RZ is set to 300 within 3 years.
One was a promise to spur sales, second was a safe estimate of capacity knowing full well they'd all sell.
If building more RZ becomes an option Chuck will explore it. Until such time he's not going to promise more games than he can build within the time he has.
Whereas with AMH it will never be made again, period.

This is an adjustment to the original statement as I and many others understood it.....That being said, I am ok with it as long as someone puts a production cap at sometime in the near future or don't and just come forward and say we will make these until the cows come driving home.

#1355 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Well after getting the first good nights sleep I've had in 2 weeks and walking around like a zombie at Expo trying to keep myself together yesterday, it sure is fun to wake up to a bunch of people freaking out over something that isn't gonna happen.
There will be 300 Rob Zombie games. Period. Do I hate thinking we could have sold more and grown our little company a little further? Yep... a little. But my word is my word, the contract is for 300, and that's double the number of games we made / sold on the first game. Once we figure out how to build 300, we'll build bigger numbers if the demand exists on whatever game #3 is.
Until we show it, take the deposit, and ship the games... nothing is officially "sold out". We'll go down the customer list in order. Some of you will hate it, start a thread in here about why it sucks and how it could have been so much better, and not buy the game. Others will see it, like it, buy it, and be happy they did. Personally I'd rather see people who like the theme & game play buy it so I don't have to hear about how something I've killed myself to make and care a lot about, is the worst thing ever put together by man.
We don't do everything right... we never will. I'm not going to screw you out of your money. You buy a game from us, you'll get it... and I don't want to make you wait years to do so. We're making lots of improvements in build quality on this, and putting up a new shop to get production moving quicker. These are all huge risks for my family, and we're not going to pre-sell kickstart crowd fund a damn dime of it. We do it by building games and working hard or we don't do it at all.
I'm going over to the Greg Freres appreciation thread... that's MUCH more interesting to me.

Damn Charlie is a stand up guy! The kind of guy you want to be successful!

1 month later
#1566 4 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

So how do I get Rob Zombie to battle me on this thing?!

Hell yeah, that would be Epic!! Damn it, Jared's got me using the word "Epic" at least once a day now.

#1643 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The entire A/V system of pinHeck runs on a 80MHz microcontroller with just 32K of RAM.
AMH was a 128x32 display with 16 shades. That means 4 bits per pixel, meaning 1 byte can hold 2 pixels. Total screen RAM is 2K.
BUT it needs double buffering, so a second 2K bank copies the first and that's actually what gets sent to the DMD. This way you don't "see" the display being drawn.
Rob Zombie in color:
256 colors requires 1 byte per pixel, "only" twice as much. So we have the 4K to build a frame (2K + 2K from before) but now lack a second 4k for the buffer.
The trick was to build the frame on the MCU RAM, then clock out the RAM using the DMD cable to the FPGA. The FPGA itself has 2 buffers, one is the frame being loaded in from MCU, the other is what's currently being drawn on the screen.
Once the MCU has clocked out all the data (4096 bytes) it pulses a line to set a flag on the FPGA. When the FPGA is done drawing a frame to the LCD, if it sees that flag, it swaps banks for the next draw, and we see the new frame.
Since this data transfers only requires 3 lines, we have 4 spare on the DMD cable to use (the other 7 are all ground) These can set parameters and load banks. Therefore, dot shape and brightness can be controlled via the in-game menu, rather than buttons on back on FPGA.
It may be possible to stretch pinHeck even further, either as more vertical dots to use up the screen, or double resolution like MMR. This would require scan-line double buffering and other tricks I'm not going to bother with for the time being. I'm not sure how far we can push it before it run into bottlenecks either with the MCU or the SD card (RZSI runs up to 7 streams at once already)
This display should be fine for RZSI, Domino's, the other game Chuck is working on, and maybe a few after that.

Am I the only one who feels Ben is a genius???? I normally ignore such nonsense, but whether it's on his show or in pinside, he just has a way with explaining things. Ben you rock brother! Now go make some more cool shit!

#2268 4 years ago

So, I just listerd to the podcast and it's friggin impossible to not like Charlie......The guy is so likeable and passionate, you just want him to see him succeed! I am in!! Charlie the check is in the mail!!! I was not about to give PayPal shit, you guys deserve every penny!

#2297 4 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I think the playfield Art is a little sparse, but it surely wouldn't be causing me to lose sleep. No other pin has had that much hand painted art and I, for one, think it's amazing. I'd gladly take anyone's spot that is out because of the art. I mean, the guy painted this all in oil, he didn't do it all in a digital editor where he could cut, rescale, rotate and move elements of it. He basically had to one shot this. Probably up against a deadline too. I think it deserves props.
Aurich, man, that Alien art package better blow everyone away or your super critical analysis of Horley's stuff is going to come back to bite you.

Personally, I think Aurich will back up everything he has every said with his work on Alien. I think it is easy to label someone like Aurich as a negative nelly, but the kid has not let us down once. Not only does he know pinball and is Passionate, but God gave his a very good "artists eye". He understand composition and color arrangement very well. He has already proven himself in my book.

#2567 4 years ago

I hope Charlie considers selling the Translites to anyone who wants one. It is such a beautiful piece. Even though I am getting a RZ, it would be a shame if only 300 are able to show the art. Besides, hopefully he could make additional profit to help Spooky grow as a company. If people want a LE Translite, heck sell them for $300, that would indirectly add value to the LE and allows others to own it as well.......No need to limit it.

#2579 4 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Got no skin in the game but to be fair to the LE buyers (who supported Spooky from alpha) I hope that he doesn't sell the LE art. Would kill the whole Limited Edition idea.
Cheers

Charlie doesn't own the art, it can be sold either way. I cannot imagine a master piece would be painted so that it could be put on 50 games?? Rob will have these images on shits loads of merchandise.

#2728 4 years ago

When the time comes, I will take $8000 for my unopened NIB.

#2903 4 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

I know my opinion won't change anything but this IS a discussion forum. My only thoughts on a change would be how awesome it would be to have a spinner to smack during the house of 1000 corpses mode

+1000

#3153 4 years ago

#192......Perfect!!! May all the bugs be worked out by then.

#3162 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Its down to just a couple. There aren't any game interfering bugs though. I'm just working out the differences between my version and the one that will be released.
I do have a bug/feature request site set up. Once games are in customers hand they will have access.

Thanks brother! I hope this game puts you on the map! We need some fresh ideas with code, right now there are only a few that we can count on.

#3202 4 years ago
Quoted from tu71586:

#247, towards the back, but timing-wise it actually works out well for me... looking forward to seeing the early adopter's experiences!

I am 100% with you. I held back my check to ensure I would be in the back of the line. #192.

1 week later
#3358 4 years ago

So is this sold out finally???

#3396 4 years ago

I love when you guys talk your electrical BS, makes me realize how clueless I am and it also makes me feel I am in good hands with my machine.

1 week later
#3698 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Here it is with original upper PF

playfield_new_plastics2_(resized).jpg

I think the plastics look great.

#3767 4 years ago

The code is this game is going to be amazing!

1 week later
#3920 4 years ago

Guys, Fawzma has been great! Can we please be polite when asking for things or better yet pointing out things. Very few of us know what goes into coding a game like this. Based on how infrequent Stern updates are, I assume it's a royal pain in the ass. What we don't need is the community taking a real Hard working, energetic coder, who is working his ass off and make him into someone who views the pinball community as a bunch of whining assholes.

#3932 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

too late

If you think something needs to do changed, tell me what it is and why. Leave the extra nonsense out.

Keep up the good work brother! I am in on this game and will be a proud owner and lot of that pride has to do with the killer coding!

1 week later
#4098 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The amount of demand from Rob Zombie fans/fanclub alone would have sold out all 300 games given the number of requests he received. He mentioned that Rob was disappointed that they were limited to only 300 games as pretty much all of his biggest fans were left out.-the games were sold out before they even knew about it. It sounds like there could be the possibility of a sequel RZ game sometime down the road to satisfy some of the excess demand but nothing is for certain and there are several games including Ben's which would be made before that time.

I don't buy it. Kiss has 100 times the fan base and there are a lot of LE's still available. The layout is also 100 times better. People who want a RZ will be able to get one.......It might cost them more than $6000, but there will be plenty available. Regarding RZ fans, this isn't a $40 Limited T-Shirt, this is a $6000 pin, aside from our community, there are not many that would pay.....Could I be wrong.....Sure, but I doubt it.

#4101 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I can't speak for Kiss (I just haven't followed the title all that closely), but I do know Metallica brought some new blood into pinball...Pinside had some new members out of the Metallica fan club that became collectors. Some post here pretty regularly.

I think you are 100% correct, but RZ is not Metallica and the games are not even close to being in the same league.

#4109 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

well at least I have played both games before declaring a standard fan layout with pretty boring code the better game, LOL.
Sorry but darkknight loses much respect for game rating when he has yet to play a game and declares it inferior.

What are you smoking??? Listen I am not saying RZ will suck, heck I am #193, but don't be a f'ing douche bag and call Metallica "boring"??? Considering Metallica Is rated #9 & #10 of all time here on Pinside, I think it is safe to say your "respect" is nothing I give a shit about. Yes, RZ will be inferior to Metallica.......deal with it! I am paying $6000 for one and I am "ok" with it being inferior. Not every pin can be top ten material, that doesn't take away from the company or the game.

#4110 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

What are you smoking??? Listen I am not saying RZ will suck, heck I am #193, but don't be a f'ing douche bag and call Metallica "boring"??? Considering Metallica Is rated #9 & #10 of all time here on Pinside, I think it is safe to say your "respect" is nothing I give a shit about. Yes, RZ will be inferior to Metallica.......deal with it! I am paying $6000 for one and I am "ok" with it being inferior. Not every pin can be top ten material, that doesn't take away from the company or the game.

Bazooka fired......Target destroyed.......No survivors!

#4113 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I've played both games and wouldn't say either one is "Inferior" to the other. They are just different. RZ is the tougher game and plays unlike any other pin but Met is a tried and true fan layout with solid rules but plays like a lot of other games. Both are great for what they are. I'm excited for RZ and had a blast playing it! I think it will end up being one of the best multiplayer games out there due to its brutal nature and "Corpse stealing" and I can't wait to play dollar games on it! The sound package and display graphics are unlike anything we've seen before. I like Metallica but would rather own a RZ because it offers a more unique playing experience and is different from what we've seen before.

Well stated Mike!

#4115 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

well at least I have played both games before declaring a standard fan layout with pretty boring code the better game, LOL.
Sorry but darkknight loses much respect for game rating when he has yet to play a game and declares it inferior.

Ok, now I am really confused???? I was moderated for my post to Whysnow and honestly I can understand why, but no way should Whysnow have been moderated for his post to me. Is this site turning into Mr Rogers playground? Yeah, yeah, I know, if you don't like the site rules, don't come here. Looks like a I need to change my name to the white knight and spread peace, love and happiness, instead of calling delusional pinheads out. The funny thing is, we are discussing a pin that is more offensive than anything either one of us have said...lol

#4122 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I've not played either so no dog in this fight but I wish everyone would quit using pinside rankings to quantify a pins worth. Don't you realize that everytime a new game comes out it's in the tip 20 for a period of time? Let's wait 10 years and see if Metallica is still in the top 100 then we'll talk. If the game is less than 2 years old it's rankings are as meaningful as my opinion.

I can understand your view to a degree and it certainly applies to games that have been out for a few months, but statistically, it's the number of reviews that matter most. Many of the newer games with high ratings have at least 400+ reviews. Games that have been out for decades only have roughly double that. I am by no means the God of all pinball, but I have played the top 100 rated games a lot and have owned roughly half.......In my opinion, the rating process on pinside is fairly accurate. What I like most about it, is you can go and update you position on a game when there is new code. All that being said, you need to go play Metallica, great game, nice light show, with great rules & flow.....Whysnow is right that the layout is generic, but it works for this game.

2 months later
#4534 3 years ago

So are they going to announce this mod deal?? I am in for one and know nothing about it?

1 week later
#4571 3 years ago

Game looks fantastic!! Love the colors used for GI and inserts! So excited!

#4628 3 years ago

My guess is the LED toys are cast in clear resin vs. white resin.

3 weeks later
#4871 3 years ago

I would be more than happy to buy someone's LE.

#4956 3 years ago

Thanks GAP!! Best video yet, looks awesome!

#5019 3 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I got word that my #25 is ready next week. I was not expecting that....But i will take it...So this and GBLE......I need a small break away. I need to have an open house when the GBLE comes and invite all to new office to come by and play some of the newest games. I will make an invite for that ahead of time in the next few weeks.

I have to ask.......What is your business??? Plumbing??? Great office!

#5111 3 years ago

I love the video mode as well!

2 weeks later
#5308 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

V008 updates so far, going to start working on the alternate highscore table for individual goals before I release this
Fixed - Dragula - Upper PF flipper corrected to be enabled when the collect gas option is available
Fixed - Tilt, Gate Opto, Exit PF Opto, now shows text when those switches are activated in Switch Edge test.
Fixed - Spooky minute should only start if the menu setting has it turned on
Fixed - highscores in attract mode now have commas
Fixed - Left outlane was killing all timers for no reason
Fixed - Corpse mode score was not being killed like it was supposed to
Fixed - End of corpse mode wasn't setting main mode status properly, mode start indicator now working properly
Update - Added gate servo adjustment down
Update - Increased startup delay to 3.5 seconds, giving more time for prop to load code
Update - More tilt code tweaks
Update - Skillshot earns 50k or 100k depending on how far into the combo you get
Update - During skillshot, player number and ball count scrolls on bottom left corner
Game Settings -> Show PL.BALL can turn this feature on or off.
Update - Left and Right outlane kicks a ball out when save timer is on.
Update - Spaulding will jerk a little any time you hit the gate, not just in What!
Update - Name entry, player show PLAYER1-4 instead of P1-4, the player score is shown in bottom right corner
Update - Bone rattle bonus changed to go with the way EOB bonuses are displayed
Update - Ramp hand can be collected more than one time per ball, and in any mode
Added - Holding start button for X seconds will reset the game to title. This is a setting in "Main Settings"
Added - Dragula part collection has an EOB bonus, total collected will go in its own high score table
Added - Ramp hands has an EOB bonus, "high fives" or "hand jobs" in adult mode, highscore table for this coming
Added - Bash King EOB, bash spaulding as much as you can for bonus. Will go toward high score table

Do you ever sleep??? Thank you for your dedication, so excited about this game!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thedarkknight77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside