Topic Stats

• 10,502 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by KingPinGames
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (3 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (3 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (2 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (2 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sulakd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4542 3 years ago

New to pinside, been following this thread for a while. Was hard into Zen when I heard about RZ last fall, way too late to order one. I've bought a couple used pins overs the months since then and love having them in the house. There's a lot of "new" stuff out there I'm interested in (MetLE, GB, TH, Aliens), but I probably only have room in the budget for one right now. Trying to test the waters to find out if there's a chance at getting a RZ before spending on something else.
I know spooky doesn't allow people to sell their spot in line. But does anyone want to sell their NIB RZ expected later this year? Obviously willing to pay over what you did. PM me if so and we can discuss price. Thanks!

1 month later
#4976 3 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Check out our latest Video of the Rob Zombie Spookshow International in Adult mode action. LE #18
» YouTube video
GAP
http://www.greatamericanpinball.com

Are those standard or upgraded LEDs?

3 weeks later
#5243 3 years ago

FWIW, I think Spooky is doing an amazing job. Remember, even the highest-rated game on this site is only rated at like 8.8. There are always some complainers.

1 week later
#5309 3 years ago

Any update on shipping number? I think it was at 36 about 3 weeks ago?

#5315 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Not brave enough to try a slice,

Dude! Gotta at least see what kinda different toppings they have! Maybe some hummus or tabouli in place of sauce? I'm guessing no pepperoni or other pork. Maybe lamb?

1 month later
#5716 3 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

Just got offered a spot in line for this Awsome game. Apparently someone backed out and I was next in line to put deposit down

Congrats! Nice to hear there's hope still for a couple on the wait list.

2 weeks later
#5883 3 years ago

It's showtime! Detroit!

IMG_20160821_195847_583_(resized).jpg

#5884 3 years ago

IMG_20160821_214609_914_(resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#6195 3 years ago

Predict original non-licensed horror theme based on the poll that used to be on the Spooky site. Would have thought outer space, but other competition for that theme next year. I can't remember what the other poll options were that they were considering except for zombies.

#6254 3 years ago

First time I was playing at midnight on my GOT, I thought I fried a board or something. Very cool feature, i was glad to hear a while back that it was in the RZ code. I thought I heard that AMH had this too?

2 weeks later
#6345 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

The girlfriend(emily) and I just got back from picking up my RZ direct from spooky headquarters. I drove 9 hours with stops on Saturday and 14 hours today.
It was great hanging out with Charlie and Kayte for a couple hours today, checking out the shop and talking pinball. They are both great people; we had a blast.

Glad it worked out, blowouts are never fun. But hey, what's with wearing a slipknot shirt to a zombie pickup!?

#6384 3 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Is there any game play videos online that have the "family mode" turned off? I have only played it with family mode on.

Non-family mode MUST be good if it's too racy the internet!

4 months later
#7398 2 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

I'm a huge Rob Zombie & Pinball fan. I ordered this machine (which will be the first I own) and am on the waitlist to get it. Looking forward to it.

Congrats! I'm almost in the same boat. Found pinside after hearing about RZ. Own 7 pins right now and a virtual table from vpcabs. You've been warned

#7412 2 years ago
Quoted from Zsozso:

I would be happy if you would have right, but it looks like the dealer don't even want to speak with the shipping company, while I deliver back home with my own van. Just like this:

Did you drop it? Or are you saying it was dropped before you got it and there was no indication on the outside carton that it had been dropped? And is that a human-sized CAGE in you van . . .

#7417 2 years ago
Quoted from Zsozso:

The dealer didn't told me this box is crushed, I don't know how this box should look alike. I just payed it, the dealer himself crane it, and he tie it. Now I am looking like the biggest liar in the world.

Your 'protection' is probably the same as with any other goods you buy. How did you pay? I would insist on returning it to the dealer if possible. If paid by credit card, you can dispute the charge. Sounds like you're in Germany. In the U.S., your recourse would probably be a small-claims lawsuit if the dealer will not work with you. We have the uniform commercial code that helps handle disputes over goods. I have no idea about Germany though. And I don't know what the terms or your sale were either. When did risk transfer, did you waive inspection, etc. The picture of it in your van seems to document that it was damaged when you received it.

1 week later
#7536 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Make sure the auto adult feature is turned on in the main menu system. Then when you hold start + left flipper button, turn on the machine it will go into adult mode. powering off then back on it will default to family.

Does this still work in version 19?

#7549 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Yes, I can confirm it still works as long as you have it configured in the menus.

That must be what I have wrong. Adult video and audio both "on." Adult time "on." No luck.
Do you then have to go through the adult time timeblocks and set times that you want the shortcut code to work? Or do those timeblocks automatically turn on adult code at the set time?

#7561 2 years ago

Upper playfield. The flipper seems weak. When I hit the ball, it rolls up to Spaulding but doesn't really 'bash' him. Is that normal just to keep the ball from getting too crazy up there? Settings right now are default, but I seem to remember that there are settings for coil strength. Do I just need to turn it up? Slings and pops are crazy stong. That ball really gets flying! This game is a blast! Really has that 'just one more game' feeling. It's been kicking my ass too. I love it. A keeper for sure. Thanks Spooky team!

2 weeks later
#7650 2 years ago

After clearing a stuck ball, I ended up with one on the ejector coil, so the game wouldn't start due to 'missing ball.' I figured I could just go into coil test to shoot it out without pulling the glass. I couldn't get any of the coils to work in test mode however. In the coil test menu, you select a coil with the flippers and it says something like press 'enter' to test. I tried the start button and green service button, but I couldn't get any coils to fire on test. I tried the servos in the servo test menu and Spaulding worked fine. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? ( I did clear the ball by manually pushing the coil through the coin door.) Thanks!

#7651 2 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I've mapped all the wav files on the game and location. Also, I've made a bunch of potential replacement wavs from ripped DVD's. There were a few call outs that would be awesome to have with Otis, Grandpa, Doctor Satan, etc to add even more variety. Direct replacement doesn't seem to work even using the same wav sample/format properties. I'm sure smarter people can figure it out.
Mike

What did you try? Updating the software in the game after replacing a wav file on the SD?

#7655 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Did you pull the door switch?

Nope. Will do. Thanks for the responses everybody.

#7718 2 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

My VUK frequently doesn't successfully kick the ball out until the 4th or 5th attempt. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Turn up the vuk coil power?

3 weeks later
#7990 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I have gotten a ball lock a few times without the drop down and noticed something briefly on the screen in red typed letter sentences, but I've never been able to slow things down to read it.
Has anyone else noticed this and figured out what it says?

I think it says 'You cheated you f$#@! Dirty pool!' or something like that.

8 months later
#9648 2 years ago

Just upgraded to v22 from v19. Wow, what a difference! Also added led ocd and pinball refinery light kit. Both look great! Clean and wax while I had it open. Playing like a whole new machine. Ran through switch tests and found out my gas switch on upper playfield is bad. Anyone have a link for a replacement?

1 week later
#9676 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Making some updates
I found the half step setting in the load coil setting was being ignored on ball loads.
I've also increased the default power a bit .. so its the (power setting + 5) now. Ball loads changed up a bit as I got rid of the double pulse/eject/hold stuff to help reduce stress on the coil/fuse
There is also a bug found where the game would get confused on a drain when the save timer was just about to turn off. This would give the appearance of dead flippers and whatnot.

Is the bug fixed if I re-download v.22 from spooky site or is this something on the list to be fixed?

1 month later
#9728 1 year ago

This v22 bug when draining when ball save is almost up is driving me nuts. Hard to get more than two games without machine freezing and having to be restarted. I checked fawzma games site for the beta v23, and all I could find was v014. Where do I get the beta v23?

#9729 1 year ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

In the latest code. If I turn on adult time. How does one activate it?

Are you talking about the feature where you can boot into adult mode with a button combo, or are you talking about the setting that turns on adult mode after a certain time of day? As to the button combo, hold down left flipper and start button when turning on the machine.

#9735 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’ve had plenty of games on V22 (had a
Competition on RZ last week too) and haven’t seen anything like this ....?
rd

It's a known bug. See fawzma's post at 9660 last page and reports of it occuring maybe a page before that. When there's a drain just before a ball-save timer goes off, my machine goes dark, flipper power cuts off, a single ball is kicked out of shooter lane, and machine won't do anything else until rebooted. Someone said it was fixed in beta23 but I didn't get an answer as to whether v22 was updated with the fix. I'll try a fresh download of v22 like you say and see what happens. Thanks.

1 week later
#9748 1 year ago

Ball-save error fixed in v23 beta. Back in business! Had a drain as a chop ball-save timer was turned in off and no crash now.

15183147056584085551567947195454 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#9766 1 year ago

Middle of a game tonight and left flipper lost power and then a minute later all coils. Found one fuse in backbox, looks fine. Opened coin door and one coin mech is broken off, pic below. WTF? Have only had it opened a couple times, no idea how this could happen. Could it be related to coils, or is there a fuse somewhere I should be looking for? Thanks.

15195358629078392082920297240496 (resized).jpg

#9768 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

From memory, there are 4x fuses on the main board, 3A slow blow.
You need to pull them and check them with a meter.
rd

Thanks RD. Two of the 3a slow blows were bad. Replaced them and got about three flips before the left flipper went out again. Turned it off before the other fuse burned out again.

I'm running v23 beta. Never had a fuse go out before on this game. I remember reading some other posts where people had issues with the connectors on switches under the upper playfield bending and touching causing a short. Anyone know if this issue is consistent with that or should I be looking for something else?

#9769 1 year ago

For anyone else who breaks one of the mech holders inside the door, replacement available here per Spooky customer service: https://na.suzohapp.com/products/coin_doors/42-7355-00D
Only about $10 but unfortunately $50 minimum order required to order from that place, so I need to find something else to buy.

#9777 1 year ago
Quoted from emkay:

I’m chasing fuse issues right now too. Servo fuse is a 3A fast on the top of the board, left of center. Bottom right corner has the 3 solenoid fuses, also 3A but slo blo. To the right of them is a 1A for the GI and two 1A for the flashers, mounted vertically. Don’t mix them up.

Thanks. Two of the 3a slo blo fuses in the lower right keep going out on mine. Not sure where to start, but I'm wondering if a shorted switch or something could cause such a thing. I was running 23beta for a couple weeks I think before this started, so I don't think it's a software issue.

#9778 1 year ago
Quoted from emkay:

I’m chasing fuse issues right now too. Servo fuse is a 3A fast on the top of the board, left of center. Bottom right corner has the 3 solenoid fuses, also 3A but slo blo. To the right of them is a 1A for the GI and two 1A for the flashers, mounted vertically. Don’t mix them up.

Any progress with your fuse issues? I've gone through all my 3a slo blos and have to order some more. Found a broken wire on autoplunge coil and hoped that was the problem but no luck. PMed kingpingames to see if any suggestions because I'm not sure what I should even be looking for. Any suggestions appreciated.

#9779 1 year ago

Amazing customer service. Still working on my issue, but it's a Sunday night and Spooky (kingpingames) has been emailing with me helping diagnose!

#9780 1 year ago

Moved my issue over to a new thread. Thanks if anyone can help!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rz-coil-fuses-blowing#post-4272589

9 months later
#10209 1 year ago

Great news! Definitely one of my most exciting pins. Hoping to try some new code this weekend! On the downside, my 9-year-old just put his initals up in second place a few days ago. Guess he's gonna have to try again.

1 week later
#10261 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Fixed - A save/drain condition could happen at the same time, confusing the game.

Excited about this. This bug has been a thorn in my side for a long time. Other than that, we have a blast playing this game. It's fun and brutal with some hard shots that are makeable with practice. I plan on keeping this game for a long time. I think it's my kids' favorite game too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 50.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sulakd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside