image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spandol.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5611 7 years ago

I don't have a PC, but can run an emulator on my Mac. I hope this will work. What are people who don't have PCs doing to update the games?

#5615 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I tested creating a card with a Mac the other day. Seemed to work, but then again I didn't do the actual update process.
I can try that out as well.

That would be great Ben. I'd hate to brick my card and have to send it in.

BTW, have an AMH coming. Love the game after playing it at a friends bar. Have a RZ coming as well. Thanks for your work on these.

#5618 7 years ago
Quoted from haunted1:

I use a mac and it worked perfect, just follow the directions, if you skip a step it will give you an error.

Great thanks for feedback!

1 week later
#5706 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Was there any mention of fixes to the fuses blowing? I am kind of skeptical to try anything beta at the moment, even though I know the fuse issue seemed to be related to the infected modes even in production version 8. Unfortunately I have had a few instances of losing a switch or a fuse which I didn't have handy and my game seems to be down more than it's been up over the last month. I just don't want to lose her again!!!

The read me for v.9 states changed flipper logic to isolate blown fuses, though the people using the beta will have to chime in.

#5750 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Almost halfway to mine. One day I'd love an amh to go with it

Whysnow is a great seller. He has a NIB AMH for sale.

#5765 7 years ago
Quoted from Blacktoothgrin:

Just got in the club loving it !!

Do you have the lighted upgrades on the back alley toys? I couldn't find anything on this. It seems to light up the boom box and robot. Anything else?

#5792 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Walked by this damn pin about a dozen times at ReplayFX... it was either being played with a deep line waiting to play next, or it was powered off for whatever reason. I was about to curse the Pinball Gods for my bad luck when I saw the latest update to LA's Pinball Map!

Holy sh!t, I have got to go up to AYCE Gogi very soon - their collection is exquisite!

Yes, it is. and the food's good too!

#5825 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

unfortunately my RZ and AMH are up for sale, ads are in market place if anyone wants them.

That's terrible Tommy. Is all ok? I watched your dead flip with AMH, and enjoy you guys talking about RZ on the podcast. Hope everything is ok.

#5828 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah, life hurts sometimes, my fault, but need to get out and move on for awhile. Will be back on podcast soon.

Sorry man. You don't know me, but I wish you the best and back on your feet soon.

3 weeks later
#6092 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I'm not sure this has already been requested, but I'd sure like some tunes while entering in the high score. When you're coming off that adrenaline rush and award, music should fit the feeling

I like that idea!

3 months later
#6999 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

YES!!
I've spent more time investigating flipper functionality and will be rolling out an update across all games. If you ever noticed in the menu system the option to adjust flipper power, and the fact it doesn't do anything; I've come up with a solution finally.
Its been a week now testing on another game and so far it's worked like a champ.
The mode will change up a bit where flippers will get weaker if you don't hit those targets after a certain amount of time. Eventually you will drain. The objective will change a bit to.
You will have to hit the coffins first as your flippers will have enough power to get there.. as you get weaker, the targets will change over to either the radio or lower right target, since this is where the power will get you. I'll probably throw in no hold flippers as well.
I will still avoid the reverse effect till I am certain fuses won't be affected.

Awesome!

1 month later
#7273 7 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

ok, new to RZ here....Is there a txt doc that explains all of the modes that I can review? These tend to pop up after a game has been out for a while.
Seems to be a lot happening in this game, especially during a multi-ball. I find I enjoy the game more when I have a better understanding of the rules.
**That left orbit shot is critical, and not easy to hit (for me).

Check out this video for a brief overview:

Also, go to Fawzma's page. He explains the rules of the modes: http://www.fawzma.com

Hope this helps

2 months later
#7920 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Here's some sample instructions and mode select

Pretty cool!

#7979 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Been thinking how this game may develop based on what is already in this thread.
1. Mini-wizard mode ( awesome ).
2. More call outs.
3. Hellbound polished.
4. Infection.
In addition think these next 2 things would be excellent.
5. Stacking - as discussed.
6. Using the p/f multiplier to blow up the jackpots and super jackpots - this kind of thing is what made AC/DC and TWD. It's just a real blast getting a huge jackpot when tied in to multipliers. And there is 10 X on the p/f
These additions would take this game over the top.
Keep up the good work team Spooky and David

+1000 for #6. You're exactly right. Having these multipliers and you feeling it with music and callouts would make this awesome. "SUPER JACKKKKKKPOTTTTTTT"

2 weeks later
#8149 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And if the 'Metal Multiball' has a nice big Super Jackpot, it will be a lot of fun trying to get it 2x or 3x

This

1 week later
#8231 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

sorry, you can trigger it by sucking at beating modes

Awesome. I was thinking of it just came from repeating a mode, I'd never see it. No reason to repeat a mode, I wouldn't think.

1 month later
#8594 6 years ago

Is there a change log?

#8613 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Check the what'snew file in the zip

Thanks. When I wrote this last night, I was on my iPad and didn't have computer access. Was excited to see what was on the update, so I thought someone might post it.

#8614 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

No way we're stopping until this code is awesome... we know Hellbound and Infected modes need work, and I still want to see a little more polish in a few modes... All in due time, but we know how important all these details are to game owners and no way we want to let anyone who put faith in us down. We call this "staying in business". I'd leave infected off for now... I played non stop for hours yesterday with zero mode stopping issues this way. Came 3 modes shy of Hellbound once, by far the best I've done! Lol.

Thanks to everyone at Spooky for their hard work and for making the game the best it can be!

2 weeks later
#8895 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Infection mode sounds super fun, but I feel like you would never really get it, or at least you would be able to easily avoid it, in normal gameplay. Most people are playing to complete all the modes, not trying to exploit a single one. Infected seems like it would be better implemented if it happened after failing a mode on any additional try, regardless of whether it has already been won or not. To me, this would make it much more strategic deciding whether to make a second attempt at a failed mode or go for a safer 1st try mode. Also, since everyone says this mode is a ton of fun, it would allow you to see it within the course of normal gameplay. If it stays as only available after winning and then failing a mode, I'll never see it unless I specifically try to get it since I never replay a completed mode a second time.

I haven't played v.20 yet, but this is exactly what I've been thinking. I don't know why I would play a mode again after completing it. My main goal is to play and complete all the modes adding in multipliers at certain points. I like the idea of a punishment for perhaps, not completing a mode after 2 tries.

3 weeks later
#8987 6 years ago

I'm really enjoying v20. Shaping up to be a deep, well rounded game.

#9041 6 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Would it be possible to make entering initials for lowest score of the day optional via menu? It seems to really confuse new players when we have game nights. As a result when I fire up the machine I just start a game and let it drain to put the lowest score before anyone plays. Turning it on and off via menu would be a bit easier as I forget a lot.

When low score comes up for initials, I just hit the left button once to select end and it automatically puts "daf". At least that's pretty quick.

1 week later
#9099 6 years ago

The code is really getting awesome with so much that's been added. I'm really enjoying the game.

#9110 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

I'm beginning to wonder if some of the stock switches just suck. I was having issues with the loop under the playfield (1000C lock) not registering if fast, and hanging balls if slow. Removed the switch and put a WPC era switch in and it's been great.
My 'H' In CHOP doesn't register for the first several hits during the first game of an evening, but then starts working correctly. Same as you I've adjusted and checked in switch mode and seems fine. I don't think it's a bug as much as physically it isn't working until it is hit several times. I was going to try and replace it this weekend if I get a chance.

I have the same issue, but with my upper playfield. If I select 'What', it takes a few switch hits to even register a hit, otherwise it does nothing. The rest of the day, it works fine. Maybe replacing the switch is the best idea? Very odd.

#9117 6 years ago

I'm beginning to wonder if some of the stock switches just suck. I was having issues with the loop under the playfield (1000C lock) not registering if fast, and hanging balls if slow. Removed the switch and put a WPC era switch in and it's been great.
My 'H' In CHOP doesn't register for the first several hits during the first game of an evening, but then starts working correctly. Same as you I've adjusted and checked in switch mode and seems fine. I don't think it's a bug as much as physically it isn't working until it is hit several times. I was going to try and replace it this weekend if I get a chance.

Do you think brand new switches would help? They work perfect in test but if the ball is too fast, it doesn't work. I get double ball kick out during MB as well. The lane switch seems fine too but I noticed the ball bounces off the back and the switch opens for a split second. Thought about new switches or changing the type of switch. Any news on this issue?

#9149 6 years ago

Last night while I was installing the apron I used a meter on my H switch. It is definitely a mechanical issue. I had no current flowing through it until I had depressed it about 10 times, then it started working and worked perfectly every time after and through the handful of games I played after. You can feel and hear a difference between it and the switch next to it. My C switch has a distinct click and mechanical feel, the H switch did not have a click and has a squishy feel. It may be as simple as there is to much grease in it, but it's a problem for sure.
When I get to swapping it out (have a few on order) then I'll check the others, but at this point I'm convinced these switches have a problem (At least some portion of them).
Plan is replace H and O so they match, replace the outer loop right side because it rarely gets hit and replace the VUK because it is critical (precaution). The others I'll check and after these are in a while then I may just replace them all.

This is exactly what mine not he upper playfield is doing. Did you order the Pinball Life (Spooky) switches or are you sticking with the WPC switches and brackets?

#9151 6 years ago

I'm sticking with WPC switches, but I also ordered some of the pinball life round wire Stern switches. I'm gun shy about ordering the exact type of switches that were in the game since I'm having issues with multiples of them. Switches should and do last 20-30 years, these just aren't...
I guess I could have contacted Spooky about the switches and got some new ones sent to me (honestly forgot I have a warranty ), but they just don't seem like very high quality switches so don't really want to put them back in if I'm going through the trouble to change them.

Ok, thanks. I'll use the links you posted earlier and replace mine too.

1 week later
#9190 6 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Anyone think the price on these will go back up or are they likely to settle at 5k?

So, I don't think it will go up by very much if it does. Some people don't like the layout. The new software is awesome and hopefully it will bring in more players. I love my AMH but that price is low and there's only 150.

Quoted from herg:

Hey, guys. I have a strategy question, and it relates to the amount of fun I'm having with the game.
I'm finding that I'm still shooting the ramp so often that it feels like chopping wood. Shooting the ramp always feels like a safe shot, while other shots are definitely not. Combine that with the fact that I can loop the ramp 4 times to start CHOP, and I've started doing that all the time before I shoot a more difficult shot.
Then, I start HO1KC, and somehow I come out of it with 2 balls left and only 530 corpses, so what do I do? Trap one on the right flipper and start shooting the ramp with the left. I didn't quite make it to 1000, but I was up around 850 or so.
Do others play this way, or am I taking all the fun out of the game?

I have never gotten 1000 corpses on the first try. Luckily it holds your previous total so on my second try I usually get to 1000.

If there were one thing I would change, it would be between dragula and superbeast. They are very similar with the ramp shot being the mode. Still love the whole package though.

#9198 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I feel the two easier ramp modes balance out the other more difficult modes.
If every mode was super tough, the game would become too tough for the average dude.
rd

That's a good point.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Dragula is the easy mode version of superbeast.
In superbeast you are forced to avoid any of the targets. One wrong move and you need to regain control.

I know. It's just is very similar. If we could hit the ramp then another shot, it wouldn't be, but maybe that's too much. No problem though. I do love how the game is coming along! No disrespect of your hard work intended!

1 week later
#9258 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Infected triggered by completing a mode then starting the same mode again and failing it. However I really like the idea of it being triggered by a second failed attempt of a mode

I agree with this as well and have mentioned it to Fawzma previously. Otherwise in a home environment, there's really no reason to turn them on.

#9266 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

you guys are killing me
In other news I have a few apron mods available http://store.fawzma.com

Not trying to kill ya, just trying to help!

1 month later
#9403 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I don't think you can save them. Just upgrade and enjoy the bug fixes and new content as it comes.

Yes, you must! They've added so much more stuff it's totally worth it.

2 weeks later
#9532 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’d still love to see a mini wizard mode finishing H1K, LDG, Red Hot and Murder Ride. As it is, I can only finish a few modes.

Maybe not H1K, but 3 modes, Red Hot & Murder Ride to get a mini wizard mode. I love how it's in my AMH.

2 weeks later
#9583 6 years ago
Quoted from sjf2112:

i just updated to v22 and my VUK, Right Pop, Knocker, etc. are no longer working.
I'm assuming it's a fuse. What fuse is it? They all look okay and I can't find a fuse chart.
Thanks.
EDIT: I think it's F1. I just noticed a small line on the Wire to Board Chart. I'll test it.

Here's the wiring chart with the fuses listed - http://www.spookypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/RZ-WIRE-TO-BOARD.pdf

#9585 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Do you have a multimeter? Set it on continuity test to check for a short. Sometimes they look fine but they are open but their not. Takes the guess work out of it.

What hAbO said. They may look perfectly fine, but if you can test with a multimeter for continuity, go through each and every fuse.

#9595 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That makes sense, I usually drain before the mode ends so will need to play better. Sadly I set mine to occur after every failed mode, and because I usually lose the ball, rarely even start infection.

Once started, the screen shows you are x% infected. The percentage increases with time, but I'm not sure what your goal is, nor what happens if you win or lose.

If you make a certain number of shots, you go back to normal play. I assumed if you don’t by the time you reach 100% infected, you lose your ball, but I haven’t checked yet.

#9602 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

With latest software release enabling infected mode, just figured it out and it is way cool.
Start a mode and complete it - congrats you get points and continue with same ball. In certain modes, shoot the lit shot to start a 2-ball multiball.
Start a mode and don't complete it - if you drain the ball you've lost it. If ball is still play (or if you timeout the mode by cradling a ball), you start infected mode.
Infected mode starts with playfield lights all red. A counter reads 0% and it counts up with time. Shoot stand up target with lit white insert, repeat two more times before timer reaches 100% and your health is safe and you continue with ball in play. Maybe each successive time you play infected it should require one more standup. Otherwise, you've lost the ball and that mode becomes infected. Menu will show infected symbol beside that mode next time you qualify a mode start. Unsure if player is locked out of replaying an infected mode in the same game, but there should be an option to set this to no.
You decide how to qualify infected 1) after each incomplete mode 2) after 1 incomplete mode or 3) never. Now we just need fawzmagames to add an option back for how to play infection mode - standard flippers, reverse flippers or 2-ball reverse flippers. There is already a ball save timer deployed and this could vary by option.

Thanks for the rundown. I forgot to mention the cool red lights flickering as if you were getting sick. It’s pretty....well um.... sick!

#9617 6 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Hey gang, just pulled my RZ out of the box two days ago. Still can't play a game, fuse blew for a coil right away, and the VUK can't get a ball up to the upper pf even at strength 10. I think I narrowed down the fuse issue, bad coil I believe..
The VUK issue looks tricky, I have moved it every way I can, it literally hits the bottom of the cage each try... I have had to pull the ball out with a magnet, it's never hit the upper PF, damn thing is unplayable until I can get this... anyone have any ideas, or have had this problem, I read for an hour and couldn't find similar... thx

Not sure what to tell you to try, but write them here [email protected]
They’ll get back right away.

#9623 6 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

I did that, they did reply yesterday and suggested to change coil power. That didn't help, I tried at 4, 4.5 5.5, 7, 8,9, and 10
I have updated to v22. My issues are not code issues, it's mechanical, I tried realigning the cage, loosened and tried to get one successful transfer but no go. It almost feels like the mech isn't centered but I'm searching there.. maybe it's the clear plastic ball rest? I tightened the hardware again. Just thought someone may have had the same issue.. I will reach out again to them..
Game is #53.

Got it. I'm sure you've done this, but I would look at what the ball does as its being shot up to the upper play field. If you have, and it's just not making it up but everything looks right, It might might be a bad coil not getting full power. Only thing I can think of, or perhaps the ball isn't sitting right on the coil piece before its launched.

It's one of those issues that sucks to have, I know, because its a one off issue. Hopefully we or spooky can get you going.

#9626 6 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Quick update: Zen had a pinball party tonight and we put our brains together and got game #53 up and running for everyone to enjoy. We can post later about the fix....... some big shot movie producer is hammering on it now

Awesome, good to hear!

#9636 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I haven’t been in this thread for a bit so I apologize if this has been covered. Has there been an update to the apron mod? And how does one acquire and apply?

There hasn’t been a separate update for the mod. If you downloaded v22, you have the latest for the mod. If there’s an update for it in the future, it will be updated just like the game. If you use Facebook, like Fawzma games page. You’ll usually find the latest updates there.

#9638 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Thanks. Just updating tonight for the holiday week.

The new code has some great new stuff and polishes what was there. Enjoy it!

6 months later
#9943 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Just getting my LE setup... a few questions:
1) does anyone have a reference for the rules of the game? I'm not quite clear on what I should be shooting at and what hits complete modes, etc (ie how do you complete the robot is one gameplay I noticed... hard to keep an eye on the playfield and display!)
2) Is there a way to dial down the sub or shaker? I've noticed that cabinet has quite a bit of rattle to it at times.
3) does game progress save from ball to ball?

Go here for an overview of modes. http://www.fawzma.com. Things have been added to the code, but I think the explanation of the modes is mostly there.

1 year later
#10439 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

Spooky Pinball LLC is feeling sad.
1 hr ·
When Spooky had nothing... Sid Haig helped us when he didn't need to. 5 years ago we recorded dialogue in a hotel in Indiana with a guy we only knew from the movies. We ended up just chatting and even had dinner & cheesecake later that night (why is it always cheesecake?!) We've been helping Sid at various shows and trying to pay back the kindness ever since. We made a great friend... more dinners, conversations, a few beverages at the bar here and there, pinball games, and even a little birthday cake just a few months ago followed.
Life is amazing... and fragile, and short.
Goodbye dear friend. Our family was blessed to have crossed paths with you, and even more so to call you friend. No words can cover the sadness at Spooky today. All our best to Sid's family, friends, and fans all over the world.

Beautiful reflection KT

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Wanted
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spandol.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=spandol and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.