image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

350 posts in this topic match your search for posts by snakesnsparklers. You are on page 1 of 2.
#249 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Kayte told me I'm on the list. So does that mean I will get a game? If the le's are gone then should I assume I'm one of 250 standards? Anyone know anything more about this list and how exactly it might work?

Are you an AMH owner? I would assume that you got in on a regular since the LE's have all been claimed quickly.

1 week later
#715 8 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Getting on the list is just for the LE list correct? The remaining slots for the standard edition will go on sale on or after 6/4? Just making sure.
Thanks

No. By all accounts the LE's are already spoken for. If any spots remain, they would be for a standard.

#724 8 years ago

Spooky also commented:
Words can't describe how kind and humble Sid was with us. 15 pages of Spaulding script goodness for this game.

#764 8 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Can't wait to see more in 5 days.

What makes you think that? My guess is that Spooky is working like a dog to have a game ready to show at expo. More details before then would be great but a bonus.

#769 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

That was just a notice date for AMH customers to "commit" (put their names in for) the 50 LE's... remaining LE's would then be open to the public. We're WAAAAAAYYYY past that.
Rob Zombie put it on his FB & website today, Dread Central & Bloody Disgusting put it out there... even hit some of the music news sites. We're getting hit faster than KT can answer today with Zombie fans who didn't even know it was coming.
Crazy... absolutely crazy... I knew we'd do well with this, but yeah, I was WAY under estimating.
On the bright side, we just got job security for 2 years... and we WILL be putting it all back into the company to make even better games.

Awesome news Charlie. I like the 2 years comment - so much for that 3 years nonsense! Glad I got on the list early!

Can't wait for the reveal, I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Any chance of us seeing any sneak peaks or teasers before expo?

#784 8 years ago

Based on a hint dropped in the podcast, it sounds like there may be a bucket of Capt. Spauldings fried chicken on the playfield

#822 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Updates on my progress with code on RZ will be at http://www.facebook.com/FawzmaGames

I can't believe you don't even have 100 likes yet... Must be too busy having fun with your prototype

Any tidbits of info you can share?

#847 8 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

What difference does the leak make with when you announce it?

Did you just answer your own question?

2 weeks later
#877 8 years ago

Rob Zombie bump. Would love even a teaser bit of info

#903 8 years ago

This just posted on Spooky's fb page, look at that detail!

FB_IMG_1438367987069.jpgFB_IMG_1438367987069.jpg

#907 8 years ago

You must not have seen House of 1000 Corpses lately... Capt. Spaulding's chicken makes multiple appearances.

#941 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

The physical cost of the LCD is very comparable to a DMD. Developing the UI on an LCD? Yes, a bit more involved. But if you follow any of the home-grown projects doing it right now , it's not as involved as you would think. I'm not saying it has to be overkill like JJP's Hobbit, but you can do a lot with fairly minimal effort. The payoff is more than worth the effort IMO.

If it gets a color LCD consider that a huge bonus. If not, then you don't have to buy one if you're disappointed

"fairly minimal effort" I'm sure. Spooky can just spend a couple extra hours this weekend and implement a color DMD, yahoo!

1 week later
#971 8 years ago

I've never heard of this Svengoolie guy... did some googling and he seems to fit the theme though

2 months later
#1434 8 years ago

Living dead girl interactive toy "raise from the grave"
Captain Spaulding bash toy / battle
6 balls in the trough
Separate upper playfield
2 pairs of slingshots with fully customizable settings
Sheri Moon buttcrack
Special DMD

How many of the above are true... we shall find out soon hopefully!

1 week later
#1441 8 years ago

Can't wait for the reveal....

#1457 8 years ago

Spooky's plan from the announcement has been to start production in January 2016. He appears to be on track and it doesn't take 3 months to build the first game.

#1476 8 years ago

Looks like the first RZ playfield (with approved artwork) was printed today based on Spooky's FB post.... Can't wait until they get it populated, installed and ready for the reveal!

#1525 8 years ago

I hope we get a warning before the big reveal, such as the date or hour even.

Why? Reserved spots are already held in the order they were received. It won't be a mad dash to see who gets them deposits the quickest to get earlier spots in the run.

Quoted from iceman44:

I'm sure I missed this somewhere. Who is doing the programming for RZ? Will it be deep? Not expecting Lyman or Keith but it is kind of important.

David Fawcett (FawzmaGames) and this is his first pinball game. Can't really comment on the code yet as it hasn't been released, but I hope he does a good job I'm looking forward to it and don't have any hesitation due to the new programmer.

#1539 8 years ago

Literally has to be any day. Especially if they shipping in a month and wanna get those deposits lined up

I don't think anybody has ever said they will be shipping in a month. When the game was announced they planned to start production in January. That is all.

#1554 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm curious to see how people react to one feature of the game which somehow hasn't slipped out, considering how many know about it.

Would that be a color display?

#1570 8 years ago

OH SNAP!

snap.pngsnap.png

#1583 8 years ago

Nothing is obvious if it's not confirmed by the manufacturer.

#1677 8 years ago
Quoted from Rico_Roughneck:

Can't really tell but looks to be a 20-30 second clip. Prepare to set your players to loop
image.jpeg

73 seconds by my rough estimate

#1691 8 years ago

Anyone remember if the plan is 300 units in 2 years or 3?

Initial plan when announced was 300 units in 3 years, starting production in Jan.

#1715 8 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Please let tomorrow be my day. I need a break, after the way things have gone recently. The opportunity to get this game would be great. Fingers crossed

If you haven't been confirmed to be in the first 300 then tomorrow will not be your day :/

#1734 8 years ago

T minus 12 hours and 18 minutes!

#1793 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

how mani pinballz does teh game come with?

At least 7 apparently! I heard early reports of 6 balls.

#1811 8 years ago

Nope that's the link

#1815 8 years ago

And away we go! Just got the email

#1953 8 years ago

Kayte did reply back after deposit sent, but she did not provide my game# as the flyer states. No worries at this point though, just excited!

#1992 8 years ago

All you guys asking to visit the shop (I asked too!) just realize they are preparing to move to their new shop. I am sure their current shop is in various states of disarray getting ready for the move so I doubt he's going to be bringing a bunch of customers in to the old shop.

#2224 8 years ago

Will there be a headphone jack or any option for one?

#2376 8 years ago

We should rename this thread to Aurich's thoughts on Spooky's new pin

#2482 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Come on, everyone knows there would be tons of questions after the announcement - maybe don't announce on a Friday at noon, and then leave? Bad planning.

He didn't do that at all. Most of the time Charlie has ever spent on Pinside has been immediately following the reveal. 2 days later he has a 1 day vacation planned, and you accuse him of leaving? Drain the thread.

#2488 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I dislike how everything on Pinside is so polarized. Any sort of criticism or challenge offered, and you're a troll and there's a pile-on by the unquestioning fanboys.
I'm one of the 150 on the list, by the way. Even by Pinside rules I'm allowed to have an opinion.

I stated nothing for or against your opinions on the game. I pointed out that you are incorrectly blaming Charlie for dropping the announcement and "leaving" which is just plain wrong. That no opinion, it's a fact.

#2516 8 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I just realized...if you're lucky enough to get the LE, the name of the game is not on the backglass OR on the sides of the cabinet. That's got to be very unusual...first time ever?

image.png

The name will be added to that

#2548 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I think this game is going to shoot *really* well. I really look forward to missing a shot, and having the pop bumper feed it back down the middle.
Has there been a thread on the rules to know what the inserts represent?
-mof

Not yet. The programmer did state he could provide some more details on the rules after the gameplay video is posted though.

#2972 8 years ago

You have until Friday the 18th, I would interpret this to mean you have all of Friday until Midnight Saturday.

#2989 8 years ago

Can't wait to play this at MGC Hopefully Spooky will bring one and at least 1 or more others will show up!

#3083 8 years ago

Much easier to just click the ignore button. He's like cancer and just spreads his shit all over the place.

#3330 8 years ago

Building is coming along from the pictures but Jan 15th isn't too far away when Jack Danger is going to stream some RZ gameplay from Spooky's new shop.

#3332 8 years ago

As long as you aren't planning on putting that on your RZ pinball then it's cool

#3386 8 years ago

I think the edge connector is a great idea.

Brief code update description here:
http://www.fawzma.com/rob-zombie-pinball-update-dragula-mode-rules/

#3391 8 years ago

RTC added just like that? Wow I can't wait!

#3414 8 years ago

The fact that this game is being programmed by someone new to pinball didn't deter me in the least when announced, it actually intrigued me. The latest updates that you've posted make me feel good about the code in whole for this game. Keep up the great work!

#3416 8 years ago

So can Ben or Parker comment on the RTC feature and high score save in general? Sorry if this is all the same as AMH but I don't even know how that handles it. Is there built in NVRAM on the board? I know there is EEPROM on the board so probably no batteries, but how will RTC retain the correct time when powered off?

#3418 8 years ago

Thanks Ben, sounds awesome!

#3452 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Sorry for the possible redundant question but when is the first construction on new games expected to begin?

Probably in February

#3454 8 years ago

It'll be as much as they can put out

#3461 8 years ago

Question on the skill shot: It appears to be random as far as bouncing off the left upper sling, then right upper sling, then robot pop bumper. Is there any timing or skill involved?

#3542 8 years ago
Quoted from LonghornEngineer:

This is the board that I designed and Ben programmed that runs our LCD.

JldPE5t_(resized).jpg

Awesome. What size LCD does this run? Laptop style or something custom?

#3751 8 years ago

It's a troll. Reads like something Kaneda would write. That guy has mental issues and loves attention no matter how good or bad.

#3788 8 years ago
Quoted from sadler28:

Wish I would have known about Spooky and this Rob Zombie theme when pre orders were happening. I'm pretty new to the hobby and not well connected. I wrote my high school senior paper on White Zombie. My teacher didn't originally approve the theme because he thought it was an alcoholic drink!
I hope this is wildly successful so it's available on a larger scale

There will only be 300 made as Charlie has stated multiple times. One could already consider it wildly successful as it sold out very quickly. No more will be made. Your only chance to buy one will be the second-hand market.

1 week later
#4013 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Tell Ben to add a extra audio out jack to his new board design. I'll pick it up from there

Ben or Parker mentioned a few weeks ago that it would be possible to hook up an an aux audio connector. I forget the details, but it may need to be through the new expansion board. Bottom line is they will make it possible and I want a headphone jack too!

#4015 8 years ago
Quoted from LonghornEngineer:

Prototypes have been ordered. The two protos will be red PCBs. I am taking suggestions for colors for the production run we can do anything besides black and white. Those are really hard colors to repair in the future if something bad happens.

Dark purple! Otherwise, standard green.

2 weeks later
#4175 8 years ago

Anybody have any ideas for mods using the PHABULOUS (PinHeck Addon Board / User Logic Optional Universal Slot) or a headphone jack?

#4177 8 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Head phone jack would be awesome

For sure! Someone will make a nice one, just wondering who will do it. Would be great for those plays at 2AM when the rest of the family is asleep and I want it loud.

#4211 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Just a question, dont know anything about circuit board design, How come it still uses a coin cell battery instead of a NVRAM? Ive noticed stern still uses the coin cell battery to. Is there a advantage to this?

RTC for one

#4214 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

do coin cells ever leak?
if so, is there an easy way to remove them and install a remote holder or NVRAM once in our homes? for those of us that care more about protecting a board than the features which rely on a RTC (which I think is currently just the ability to automatically change between f!ck version and shit version of profanity? based on time of day?).

No need for NVRAM if it already has EEPROM to save to. There is nothing to replace with NVRAM on the pinheck board since it never used battery backed RAM to begin with.

#4229 8 years ago

Love the knocker and shaker outputs. Hopefully David has plans for those

1 week later
#4239 8 years ago

Wait, those subs are really going into each game? Awesome! I was planning on doing some sort of external sub but won't need 2!

#4247 8 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

I saw today on spooky web site. You can upgrade your LEDs and add plastic protects. While it's being built.

Awesome. Where does it say that and pricing?

#4249 8 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Kate said final price not determined for RZ yet. Web site says 60 for upgraded LEDs. The plastic protectors is 25 more. Look under games and swag.

Final price has already been advertised for RZ for a while. Those upgrades on their website are for AMH. I'd imagine they might offer something similar for RZ but I haven't heard anything official.

#4260 8 years ago

Awesome. The new multiplier inserts look right at home there.

#4268 8 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Did I miss the reveal of the LE trim? I was under the impression the LE's were the first games to be built, they must have all those details nailed down by now.

Nope

2 weeks later
#4316 8 years ago

Sooo..... anybody working on a headphone jack or any other cool add-on using the new expansion port?

#4321 8 years ago

Production has already started.

#4330 8 years ago

A couple recent updates for those not on Facebook:

Whole lotta wire in a Rob Zombie pinball.

970286_1047163912011502_7324938536155753632_n_(resized).jpg970286_1047163912011502_7324938536155753632_n_(resized).jpg

First production Rob Zombie Spookshow International is alive!!!

12814489_1048682711859622_1202538107356975035_n_(resized).jpg12814489_1048682711859622_1202538107356975035_n_(resized).jpg

#4334 8 years ago

You get both.

#4343 8 years ago

It would be impossible for it not to have the latest code

#4474 8 years ago

Some RZ gameplay from TPF albeit very short:

1 week later
#4500 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Darn, I'm not on twitter.

Neither am I, but you can still see his post without signing up. just click it.

#4507 8 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

image_(resized).png

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

#4509 8 years ago

I am curious what the extra bouncy chicken upgrade consists of? I recall Charlie mentioning that the first gameplay video did not show the chicken bouncing as much as it would be in the final version. Is the stock chicken a little bouncy and the upgrade chicken a lot bouncier? That is the weirdest sentence I've typed on Pinside.

#4526 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

are there pictures of them?

Yes, post #4348 from TPF showed a picture. They did not mention anything about the chicken so I don't know if that is the standard pop bumper lighting or the chicken LE.

Quoted from Jetzxi:

Light up Robot and Dead City Radio mod......by Matt from BackalleyCreations.....

8c0d269982d81181c940dbe54624a97bc072ba1b_(resized).jpg8c0d269982d81181c940dbe54624a97bc072ba1b_(resized).jpg

#4528 8 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I thought they said the one at the show was a prototype stuck on with velcro so the pic isn't much help there. It's the same guy making the mods as made the toys themselves, right?

The velcro chicken was much earlier than TPF. Think the first gameplay video.

#4541 8 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Got to say i'm 110 so i got await ahead of me but i know spooky and it well be worth the wait. I wish could come to mgc but that did not happen this year Def doing allentown and replay fx hope a rz can be there to play. Anyway spooky keep up the good work you guys kick ass in every way

I think you may see your before year-end

#4543 8 years ago

Just got back from MGC and played RZ a few times and it was awesome. I started off horrible and got slightly better after a couple games. It plays great and I can't wait to get mine even more now!

#4555 8 years ago

Sweet, enough boards to go past #50

#4556 8 years ago

So who thinks RZ #1 will be delivered before the end of April? I know Spooky has to be very close...

#4565 8 years ago

I'll be happy to receive mine by the end of the year.

#4607 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

It would be helpful to see comparison pics of the standard LEDs vs the +$80 LEDs, installed of course.

Here is a comparison on AMH:

LED_KIT_(resized).jpgLED_KIT_(resized).jpg

#4610 8 years ago

Unfortunately I don't know the answers to those. The AMH pic was just posted as a reference, I have no idea what will be in RZ. To me $80 is worth it for having them factory installed. The upgraded LEDs are 0.75/ea plus shipping from PBL.

#4638 8 years ago

Here's my worthless interpretation:

Pay $200 now and you get lit up toys with your game.
Pay $240 after May 9th (but before your game ships) and you get lit up toys with your game.

There is no current option to purchase the lit up toys after your game has shipped. If so, it might cost more than $240, maybe $300?

Keep speculating, folks.

#4654 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I'm #298. Maybe by the time they build mine that coding will be perfected and they can drop those items into mine.

If David is already working on the code for knocker and shaker I'm pretty sure those will be functional before the end of the production run. Don't know if Spooky would offer that upgrade though. They are easy enough to install on your own especially since the new Pinheck board has terminals meant for them.

#4696 7 years ago

^ agreed. There's something special about Spooky and no matter what happens in the future, RZ is going to be a very coveted game as it's their first license, and an AWESOME one at that. I can't wait to see what their next game will be that they announce. Also looking forward to seeing how Domino's will turn out.

#4723 7 years ago

Pics! Lots and lots of pics! Even if it's the same stuff we've seen before!

#4730 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I have to be honest, I've always wondered why people care about this. If it's something new, or someone made new mods, or something, then I get it. But to see the same pictures we've all been seeing for months...I've never understood. Not criticizing, just don't get it.
To each their own, no worries.

Almost any new pics at this point are welcome and "new" since there have been so very few pictures of any delivered games. Just seeing the game in various environments and lighting would be great. Even more gameplay vids as those are all unique.

#4732 7 years ago

The LCD mod would be awesome. I'm also hoping for a nicely integrated headphone jack mod.

#4763 7 years ago

This looks a little more complicated than drilling holes. Stock radio vs. upgrade:

RadioComparison_(resized).jpgRadioComparison_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#4892 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:Will the non LE artwork be available in backglass form to purchase

No!

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

To use a translite in your game, you'll have to go out, buy custom thinner glass, buy the plastic side trim, cut it down...

#4895 7 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

I didn't realize this was an option. I may consider swapping my spot in the 30's for something farther back.

Prepare your inbox for an influx of PMs!

#4904 7 years ago

Modes are based on RZ songs and have their own unique features and ways to score points. I wouldn't call it "story" based as you can select which song you want each time you start a mode.

#4913 7 years ago

I have confidence in David. He's already taken a ton of customer input and implemented some into the code and has shown no signs of stopping. The code is very early, and already has many additions. I believe it will only continue to get better. I think only about 10 units have shipped so far so there's plenty of time to get lots more code updates.

#4971 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Scheduling a launch party tournament at my location in Avon for June 24th. Got the okay from Spooky that my pin (#43) should be here by then.
After the tournament ends and the store closes, I'll leave the arcade open late and switch the game over to adult mode so everyone gets a chance to check that out too.

Wow, did not think they would be that far along one month from now. Great news!

#4981 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

What's wrong with your mini playfield flipper? Never moves when you hit the left flipper. Is there a separate button for it? If so that would suck.

It's not enabled every time you hit the VUK. Sometimes it's meant to just drop.

1 week later
#5066 7 years ago

Call it what you want. To me it's RZ.

#5106 7 years ago

The song is Dragula, and it's meant to be retro and 8-bit sounding based on the loading screens and video. Sounds perfect to me.

#5108 7 years ago

I don't think you've played much pinball if you are expecting smooth transitions between every mode or feature. Sometimes a little abruptness is welcome.

2 weeks later
#5274 7 years ago

I would like to ask if anybody (Spooky or a third party) has any plans or progress made on a headphone jack? I would love to jam out late at night without waking the fam!

#5276 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

When I get my game I'll most likely design one. I'm in the 150s... Only thing that makes it harder is the door has no dba acceptor plates. Might have to do a undermount like my PinPac 3... Or a swap out coin door service..

Awesome! I wouldn't mind an undermount. I'd rather have that than need to swap out the entire coin door.

1 week later
#5322 7 years ago

Full RGB LEDs behind the backglass, it can look just about any color depending on when a picture is taken.

1 week later
#5424 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

You know, for some reason I want to say it's still on 7. I'll go to the website right now and see if 8 is available. I just hate updating on Spooky machines because then I have to drag out my laptop.

Your picture shows you have rev 7

#5490 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Strength is a user preference. I am referring to rampdebounce or switch reaction time.
Before if a ball hit a pop too fast, there was a chance the code wouldn't fire because the pop switch wasn't on long enough (16 micro seconds)
Default now is 5 or 6 micro (slow) or 1 micro (fast)

Awesome that this is user selectable and adjustable. For those of us that don't mind fine tuning switch gaps I'll go with the fast mode

1 week later
#5529 7 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I called Kayte today about getting a LE trans and asked what # they are on. She said they are closing in on the late #70's this week. I think it pretty cool that they are right on track with 17 games a month.

That rate would mean #150 in early November, which would be great.

#5540 7 years ago

Happy birthday, and a tutti fuckin' fruity to Sid!

I'm also very happy to hear that Spooky is about 25% of the way through production on RZ.

Parker, or David, or anybody else - Any mods currently in the works or planned to use the new expansion port on the new Pinheck board?

#5543 7 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I am hoping that the positioning and geometry of the sling shots and inlanes/outlanes will be changed slightly for Spooky's next game so that a fix like CHOP isn't needed to progress through the game.

I disagree that CHOP is a "fix" and I don't have any complaints about the sling or lane geometry.

#5574 7 years ago

Mid 70s

1 week later
#5658 7 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

Rob Zombie's in the house picked it up this weekend still haven't had time to set it up.

You sound a little under the weather. I don't know if you can make it into work tomorrow.

1 week later
#5746 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

I was told i should have mine in September

What # are you?

#5802 7 years ago

From the V011 notes:
Update - Infected flippers option removed (opposite flipper option)

#5805 7 years ago

I think Dave is working on it but he may chime in with more details. I think he'll be improving the RZ code for a while which is great

#5814 7 years ago

The code is available on Spooky's website.

#5830 7 years ago

So.... anybody working on using the new PHABULOUS (PinHeck Addon Board / User Logic Optional Universal Slot) port for any addons?

#5880 7 years ago

So this has happened on one game so far and people are jumping to the conclusion they used the wrong hardware?

#5890 7 years ago

Has anybody asked Charlie himself? He doesn't always see every comment so you can't assume they're working on anything that was just posted on the forum.

1 week later
#5951 7 years ago

Dave can comment further but he has yet to mention bringing the code back yet. I think he's focusing on more critical game functionality updates and improvements at the moment.

I would really like to see the flipper code brought back when he has time to implement it. I was really excited to hear about this early on, and a bit bummed to hear it was removed but there's still hope!

#5971 7 years ago

I'm not going to riddle this game (or any other game) with action figures and G.I. Joes. To each his own, just not my style.

#6042 7 years ago

David Fawcett for president

#6055 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Still tracking pretty darned close to linear.

Thanks for sharing!

#6119 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Super limited to font size.. toying with this

IMO that's too "blocky" and harder to read at a glance. Most of the numbers are only defined by 2 or 3 pixels different than a solid rectangle. I see Ben has chimed in so maybe he has some good ideas...

#6142 7 years ago

I like that much better!

#6175 7 years ago

I don't feel like Spooky would gouge their customers even if they thought they could get away with it like Stern does. If they're making enough money to cover costs and make a decent profit to support business growth and the family then I feel like that's good enough for Spooky. Just my opinion!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6203 7 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Yeah, I'm thinking Godzilla and/or some sort of kaiju battle theme. Harryhausen would be great too though

I don't think it's likely but a Pacific Rim pin would be amazing. I'm probably in the minority but I loved that movie. Assemble your jaeger, battle the various kaiju and repair it after the fight. Unlock all the jaegers and battle all kaiju to reach wizard mode to enter the rift and save the world.

#6224 7 years ago

I think #110 posted theirs shipped, last I have heard.

#6230 7 years ago

Get good and drunk then. You don't need to get up for work tomorrow

#6235 7 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I'm curious to know, who works on the actual design of the playfield? Is it a group effort?

Yes. Dennis Nordman had some input on this early-on when it was PZFBTG. I believe Charlie had the most input to the design though and gets most of the credit.

#6237 7 years ago

You tease, hopefully you're in the process of taking more pics as I type

#6259 7 years ago

MMmmmm the chicken LE looks delicious

#6268 7 years ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

#119 arriving this Friday

Aka tomorrow?

#6271 7 years ago

Make sure you are printing 1 and not altering the aspect ratio by fitting to page. You need to be much more specific as to what's wrong before anybody can give you specific help.

#6274 7 years ago

Wow that's great news. You get a game and you get one fairly soon!

#6291 7 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Here are the RZ mods that I have come up with and I have them on my website to order.
http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/Rob-Zombies-Spook-Show-International/c/21009054/offset=0&sort=addedTimeDesc
Thanks,
Steve
Pinball Refinery

Does the UV GI kit consist of replacement bulbs or is this extra lighting in addition to the stock GI?

#6296 7 years ago

Yes, this is a add-on upgrade GI lighting kit for it you will not be replacing the machine GI lighting. I like the look of the standard white LEDs under plastics, but the upgrade makes the playfield and the figures stand out. There are 3 areas and 4 sets of the UV lighting that I add to the machine. I did edit my website to say this, thanks for asking.
Thanks for everyone that has placed their orders and I will be building them.
Steve
Pinball Refinery

Thanks for the details, it looks great! Just wondering how/where the lighting is added if not replacing existing GI. Spot lamps, LED strips, something else?

#6313 7 years ago

At least it looks like it arrived in good shape.

I've never shipped a pin before so excuse my ignorance, but is it required to bring it into the house or just a courtesy? It's definitely more work than unloading it off a liftgate with a pallet jack.

#6327 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

haven't really checked... but think i'm #123 ?

Your # is just behind the band... can't make it out.

#6336 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Your # is just behind the band... can't make it out.

labnip - were you able to confirm your game number?

#6344 7 years ago

Just got the email from KT! My game will be ready in about 2 weeks. My wife is due in 3 weeks.... hopefully I can get a few games in before I won't have any time to play

#6363 7 years ago

If you want to route the game let Charlie know. He will ensure there's room for a coin box and he may also pre-wire the harness for a DBV.

#6378 7 years ago

I would recommend getting the knocker and shaker from PBL for RZ. When your game is getting close to being ready you can have them drop shipped to Spooky for factory installation.

#6385 7 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

Non-family mode MUST be good if it's too racy the internet!

It is good and I haven't even played it in adult mode yet! You can download the software and click through all the sound clips. There are hundreds of them and some are pretty nasty Also many of the speech callouts have multiple variations recorded so it can be mixed around in the software so it won't sound boring and repetitive.

1 week later
#6477 7 years ago

Here is a post that I seen on Jose (Tilt Graphics) Facebook page about some game blades for Rob Zombie... I will definitely be ordering a set for my RZ....
https://www.facebook.com/tiltgraphics/

Are these licensed and/or will Horley be making any side blades?

#6487 7 years ago

Will let you know after I pick mine up any day now.

#6489 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

My take on the shaker is that since it's officially supported, I'd be missing something if I didn't have it.
However, I haven't had time to play recently let alone install the thing.

Same for me. Pinheck rev. 7 was made with connectors for a knocker and shaker, and software supports both. That's why I had them both installed.

#6539 7 years ago

RZ #142 is in the house! Got to chat with Charlie for a bit and play some Domino's Pinball while I was at the shop. Very happy to be supporting this company!

rz (resized).jpgrz (resized).jpg

#6547 7 years ago

This is true, if you have other mods installed in your RZ, topper, etc. in order to power up my UV LED GI lighting kit you will need this splitter board and can be ordered from PBL. If you don't have these mods the upper right corner of the main board in the back box will be unused and open, it is a 4 pin terminal.
Thanks everyone that has ordered these upgrades and I will work on getting them out,
Steve
Pinball Refinery

Just to clarify the adapter is also needed if you have the lit toys upgrade from Spooky. These use the same aux port as well.

#6554 7 years ago

For what it's worth I'm loving the game and have played about 50 games so far with no reliability problems. When playing in a dark room, I do agree some additional GI could help bring out the playfield details (beautiful playfield artwork btw) and pinball refinery's UV lighting kit looks good or you can DIY some additional lighting as desired. In a medium to well lit room it's not an issue at all and plenty of people would upgrade the lighting anyways.

#6562 7 years ago

Found a minor bug - ball lock inserts do not light until the next ball lock is enabled. For example, lock 1 should light after the 1st ball is locked but it does not light until the drop target is hit again to enable ball 2 lock. You go from no lock inserts to lock 1 being lit and lock 2 flashing at that point. Same happens for lock 2, no lock lights are lit until you hit the drop target to enable lock 3 and lock 1 + lock 2 are lit and lock 3 is then flashing.

#6580 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Hold left flipper while in attract.. keep holding to skip through songs.. hold left flipper again to turn off. Can only be used while in free play.

How long does the left flipper need to be held? I held for up to 10 seconds and couldn't get a song to start. It would just start displaying high scores as soon as I pressed the flipper and then nothing further after holding.

#6582 7 years ago

Awesome! I'm unable to stop the music though other than by starting a game. Once you start a song in attract mode by holding the right flipper, neither right, left or both flippers can be help to stop it. If either flipper is held during a song it changes the song.

#6584 7 years ago

Did some further testing - using the right flipper does start the music and if you do not hold it again to change songs, then the left flipper acts to stop the music. The only issue is if you release the right flipper, then hold it again to change the song. After doing that, the left flipper button no longer stops the music but it acts to change the song. The only way to stop the music at this point is to start a game.

edit: After waiting a few minutes or maybe after the next song comes up, then the left flipper works again to kill the music. This is all super low priority if worth changing at all just fyi

#6590 7 years ago

It's just a bobble head. Mine looks straight forward.

#6595 7 years ago

Here is a modified version of Spooky's instruction cards. This version makes the text on the left card white and is much easier to read in my opinion.

Rob-Zombie-Game-Cards_EDIT.pdfRob-Zombie-Game-Cards_EDIT.pdf

#6597 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It's superb stuff if you get the right sort. I bought mine from someone on the site.

Going back to this - what is a good source for anti-rattle tape? I am thinking I need some in the glass channel somewhere as I get some rattles during heavy bass that sounds like they're coming from the upper part of the glass near the head.

#6601 7 years ago

And where is it applied, on the upper part of the glass track? Looking for something I can pick up locally.

#6603 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

snakes, pm your address. i'll ship you a roll of the actual anti rattle tape from flipper fidelity. sure other stuff works, but i can tell you this is perfect.
i'll do it as thanks for making those rule cards. i'll get a pic up of how i apply it

Very generous of you sir, PM incoming!

#6614 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Charlie has been doing that with all his games. The first time I saw it I thought it was brilliant!! Yes, the artwork is applied to the panels and wrapped around the corners. Then, the cabinets are assembled. This way you have no decal edge showing. Nothing to trim either. Other manufacturers could take a lesson from Spooky Pinball.

Gotta say I love it too. Totally blows Stern away as far as cabinet decal installation goes.

cabinetdecalcorner (resized).jpgcabinetdecalcorner (resized).jpg

#6626 7 years ago

Has anybody applied flipper button mylar to protect the sideart from wear? I see PBL has Stern flipper mylar but Terry doesn't think it will fit RZ.

#6630 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I had a feeling those extra balls would get someone to HB. It takes about 20 minutes to get there with the glass off and hitting all the shots you need. I am not surprised your arms are sore.
Good job, now to make it harder Once I'm done with the last couple modes on Dom, I'll move back to RZ, and finish up HB.
Looks like the score isn't too wacky either.

I don't know about harder... I don't think I'll ever make it to hellbound at the current state! At least the insert lights up during attract mode so I know it works

#6645 7 years ago

CHOP has been adjustable for a while now. You can disable it from being a ball save and I think the other option is to reward points on CHOP completion.

1 week later
#6677 7 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

2 days of playing the game and I must say it is addicting. The rules are slowly seeping in. Watching videos of people playing sometimes is different than playing yourself. People have stated they don't understand the rules but they are easier to put together than AC/DC which I love. I've completed a few modes which made me feel semi competent. You really have to get good at the outside orbit shots. Any deeper rule recommendations I'll let that up to the more seasoned players.
The skill shot I understand but its pretty difficult with the spring chosen for the shooter. I think it should be a Twilight Zone or one above. I've done it once by accident though. I think its worth 1 Million if completed.
The upper playfield never chucks the ball anywhere near the flipper. I increased the strength to 5 which sort of helps but I wish I had more of a chance to flip before SDTM. Still have to dial that in.
I recommend highly getting anti rattle tape for your anyone getting RZ. The sound can also be tweaked on the amp. If you can manage also getting Invisiglass. I swapped the one I had from another game and it made a world of difference in bringing out the playfield. I will add 2 spots for more light. Its just a tad dark.
So far my wish list or whiney want list for Dave aka FAWSMA and Spooky would be:
***1 - Limit the Pop Bumper animation for super pops. So many of these gives 2x, 5x 10x on the playfield inserts. The animation dominates the game throughout. So much it takes away from showing pertinent info especially during 1000 corpses. Every time I look up I see the super pop count when I really want to see how far along my count is for 1000 Corpses. 1000 Corpses animation is great but you hardly ever see it. My wife mentioned this also. Biggest gripe.
2 - Music/Sound for play again after getting an extra ball is missing. Seems incomplete
3 - Will there be an animation for receiving an extra ball? In most pins there's usually a stand out animation.
4 - It would be nice while in the jukebox function if the next song would play down the line instead of the same song on repeat.
5 - The sound when hitting the upper 2 targets near the House of 1000 Maniacs has a sound FX that when hit reminds me of a speaker popping/clicking. I thought there was an audio problem at first.
6 - Lastly, when putting in initials there should be a song playing or something a little more than what's used now. Its a maniacal low laughing? Maybe a song playing with Rob or Sid saying something positive.
All in all I'm really into the game and love what Spooky has done. Really impressed.

These are great suggestions. I definitely agree the superpops countdown animation is too prevalent and I also see it a lot when I'm looking for other info.

#6683 7 years ago

I would also like an option to disable the worst score table. If you have some very high scores racked up, this usually means the first game played every day requires initial entry which gets annoying.

#6693 7 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Has anyone decided to install the mylar in there game? Still on the fence about it.
What modes are the 2 upper right blue inserts used on?

I chose not to install the mylar. Given this is in a home setting with fairly low usage I didn't feel the need. I will keep the game cleaned and regularly waxed and hope the playfield will last a long time.

Quoted from herg:

If you're talking about the X inserts, those are mainly for House of 1000 Corpses to multiply how many corpses you collect per switch.

Shoot the ramp to qualify them, then the right orbit to actually collect.

That right orbit is the toughest shot in the game for me!

#6695 7 years ago

Installed the pinball refinery UV lighting kit and it looks great. The UV also looks great shining on the T2 backbox art next to it! I do have the speaker panels off in this pic as I'm playing with different ways to diffuse the speaker lighting.

refineryUV-T2 (resized).jpgrefineryUV-T2 (resized).jpg

#6701 7 years ago

Shaker is good, I recommend it.

#6712 7 years ago

Mr. Fawcett - Can you add a quick restart option? i.e. if you hold the start button in during a game it will start a new game.

#6748 7 years ago

FawzmaGames Any current updates on V16 plans or progress?

#6764 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I love this game but the right orbit is just so dam hard and I suck to boot any advise

The right orbit is arguably the toughest shot in the game. My advice is to practice, not sure anything else will really help. I've got a couple hundred games down and I still find it to be a pretty tough shot. I don't like easy games though!

#6770 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Is anyone else having weak shots to the inner orbit not making it out? This happens on mine and we either have to knock it free with another ball or tilt the pin from the side. A little shake or a slap won't free it.
Also, is anyone else getting funny tilts? Mine is finicky. I've seen death saves with no tilt and then very undeserved tilts. It seems like it's adjusted correctly. I've observed the bob and once it gets going it keeps going. It decays very slowly.
I consider these fairly minor issues. Overall the pin has been very reliable.

I personally have not had tilt issues, but since you mention it decays very slowly there is a simple fix that I've heard great results about and will consider trying some day, applies to any game: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-slam-tilt-podcast#post-3411791

#6785 7 years ago

SpookyCharlie at what game# going forward was the fix implemented? Thanks!

#6817 7 years ago

The game as it sits with V15 code is great. I am a strong believer that it's going to get even better with further code updates. FawzmaGames has been nothing but stellar by being open to customer feedback and implementing suggestions into future code updates in addition to any other changes he may be working on.

When I hear people say they are not sure about buying the game because they see some for sale, I think that's a bit cowardly and they need to make decisions for themselves. As Spooky said, buy the game because you like it, period.

#6881 7 years ago

Is there a v16 changelog available? At least one game has shipped with this code and I'm interested to see what's changed.

#6915 7 years ago

I am also waiting on the flipper code coming back for adult mode

#6920 7 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

So my wife got me the RZ topper for Christmas. It says to plug it into the top right four pin connector on the board but there is already something plugged in. I am guessing it's the upgraded lights for radio , robut and chicken bucket. Has anybody else got the topper . Did you have to get an additional splitter?

You are correct, the lighted toys upgrade from the factory uses this port. If you want to add a topper or any other mods you will need this splitter:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4385

#6926 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

or fix the design flaw that's causing the random ball to get stuck (hopefully before mine gets built)

Are you guys referring to the LDG ramp and/or the wireform after it? I have never had a ball stuck there, just fyi.

#6954 7 years ago

Not much different, but here's is my slightly modified version of Spooky's instruction cards. This changes the text on the left card to white and is much easier to read in my opinion.

Rob-Zombie-Game-Cards-edit.pdfRob-Zombie-Game-Cards-edit.pdf

#6964 7 years ago

That was really weird when the screen went completely blank. At least I know Spaulding is Satan and right ramp means right orbit if I ever get to hellbound

#6993 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Folks, please stop not sucking
Hellbound is buggy and getting a rewrite.

I would rather have a wizard mode with bugs in the early code than none at all! Thanks for your work.

#7021 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

So on another note, RZ came with a sheet of clear vinyl protectors. Is anyone putting these on a HUO game? I'm wondering if I need to put them on this weekend.

I'm not using them due to HUO and relatively low amount of plays.

#7055 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

You hit the right flipper.. But I'm adding a note to make sure last scores are part of the info that changes during attract.

Any chance you can also change the backbox lighting to turn on right away in attract mode? When you turn the game on there is a delay for a while until the backbox turns on, I think when the Fawzma Games screen comes on so does the backbox lighting. Same thing happens after a game ends.

#7085 7 years ago

Updated to V018 code today and it was a very smooth and easy process. Keep up the good work @fawzmagames!

#7088 7 years ago
Quoted from Brian541:

Anybody have the trough coil burn up on zombie?Mine cooked after approx. 30 to 40 games.Spoke with spooky,Great customer service,Sent replacement stuff,Going to replace and update code to 18(mine shipped with 17).Anything else to look for in software adjustments,etc that anyone can think of?

Sometimes coils just go bad regardless of game or location in said game. I don't think you need to do anything other than replace the coil. No software adjustments would have saved it that I'm aware of.

#7103 7 years ago

For what it's worth, the Pinball Refinery UV GI lighting kit always looks way more purple on camera than in person. I do agree on all of the additional lighting though, too much for me. IMO the UV GI lighting kit alone is plenty of lighting for the entire playfield but to each his own.

1 week later
#7137 7 years ago
Quoted from pbu:

Is it normal to always have to hold the button under the spooky ghost on main board when doing an update?

No. The update process doesn't require pressing any buttons on the driver board.

#7140 7 years ago

What software version were you guys updating from? I have only done one update so far from V16 to V18 so my experience is limited.

#7143 7 years ago
Quoted from pbu:

I've through from v15, v16, v17, to v18. Each time I had to hold the button on the board down. Each time I've e-mailed Charlie to let him know and he's gotten back to me very quickly.

So what did he say?

#7150 7 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Got mine last week, and in love with it.
Are the two "x" targets on the right above the upper sling in use yet?
Modes are great, CHOP is so original. Thanks spooky and David for everything so far.

Yes. They are used in Living Dead Girl mode as the switch multiplier.

#7154 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I think you mean 1000 corpse mode switch multiplier. They are also used in Dead City Radio. After you beat the mode, clear those 2 targets to collect "godzilla" their dog.

Yes I meant 1000 corpse mode, thanks

#7158 7 years ago

FawzmaGames could you add an option to remove the "FREE PLAY" text overlay when game is set to free play?

1 week later
#7269 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Final update list for V019 to be released here soon.
RZ UPDATE V019 - 8/FEB/2017
Update - Increased max coins inserted to 20
Update - Antistack updated to allow the game to play through when the load coil is forced off.
Update - 1000 corpse force save timer reduced to 20 seconds.
Update - Flippers will hold the low power (5 seconds) on initial flip, then convert to a pulse. This gives enough time for an outside orbit to come back around, hit the flipper and prevent the kickback
Added - Operator feature added to menu system. Bonus credits can now be set.
Added - Load coil half step power setting.
Added - Coins inserted count on display.
Fixed - Tilt now clears multiball count
Fixed - Phantom tilt and flippers corrected (for good!)
Fixed - Overlapping text for freeplay/credits has been resolved.

Keep up the great work David! RZ was already fun when I got it but it just keeps getting better.

#7276 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Saw a bug maybe today, or perhaps I don't understand what's supposed to happen. Was playing LDG, and a ball went behind the target without knocking the target down, which normally does the dirty pool graphic. But today, it locked the ball. Is that normal?
Also, what is the determination for the outlane ball save? Sometimes it immediately kicks one out as soon as an outlane switch is hit...other times, the ball has to hit the trough switch. Might be cool to always use the outlane switch and for those that can do a death save, instant multiball

The initial timed ball save that starts when you first play a ball requires the ball to drain before a new one is kicked out (if you haven't gone over the time limit). The chop ball save activates immediately when you light the 4th lane and doesn't wait for a drain.

#7312 7 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I've never had a ball get stuck in that orbit, but I have had a ball (multiple?) smash one of the switches under there, leading to all the prongs touching and causing issues with the upper playfield at times (WHAT? would only start on a 2nd attempt, gas or chicken not always registering, etc.). Fixed after lifting the upper field to bend the pins back.

Same happened to me. The switch was in the same row as one of the trough switches so I couldn't even start a game as it couldn't detect all balls present with the upper PF switch short. I was able to use an electricians wire fishing hook to reach underneath and pull the tab back without removing the upper PF. The other switch is not accessible though and would require upper PF removal to correct.

#7329 7 years ago

I originally had a problem with the ball guides being too narrow, so you may need to take the ramp off and check that. I was still having issues with slow balls, and found the problem is the spooky switches are tight enough to hold a ball there. So I replaced the switch with a WPC era lane guide switch. It takes much less force to close the switch so the balls don't get stuck. After doing this I had a ball try to stick once, but a gentle rocking of the game (didn't even tilt) and it came out. I'm considering the problem on my machine solved.

Which P/N switch did you replace it with for future reference?

#7366 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Sigh....My luck is getting worse with RZLE....It seems I can't play a day without facing an issue.
So this morning, playing Dragula, game drained a ball with ball save but nothing happened. Game just sat there going into periodic ball search mode. Took glass off and force fed a ball into shooter lane. Resumed game and noticed weird stuff....modes wouldn't end, some shots didn't register. Oh boy.
Put game into switch edge test, and the 7th trough switch is doing something odd. First, switches 2-6 register on the matrix as a lit square, but the text/audio doesn't change. Then the 7th switch does nothing by itself, but if any other switch is on, the 7th trough switch will turn that switch off. So at least something is going on with Column 2. So I head to Spooky website to get matrix, and the link is non-existent. It says Click Here for the matrix, but there's no hyperlink. Other things I noticed is that if the target is down, the LD switches won't register, but if it's up, they do. Also, the right upper PF switch doesn't register and the far left outlane switch doesn't register. Next step is to run through the column/row pins test to make sure it's not a board issue, but without a matrix I'm flying blind.
Does anyone have a picture of the matrix that maybe they downloaded before?
Can anyone confirm if the trough switch column works on their machine in that it changes the switch audio and updates the last switch made?
I hate to bother Spooky on a Sunday, so hopefully I can get it resolved with some help here

You probably have a shorted upper right PF switch. The front contact can get hit by the ball and bend towards the adjacent center leg and cause the weird trough issues you're seeing. Make sure all of the contacts on the upper right PF switch are not touching and you should be good again.

Switch matrix here:

RZ_Switch_Matrix_Production.pdfRZ_Switch_Matrix_Production.pdf

#7381 7 years ago

And a comment on the shaker motor - just because a sub shakes the game doesn't mean it's a substitute for a shaker motor. Shaker motors are programmed to activate during certain game events and do not necessarily correlate with bass. A subwoofer is no substitute for a shaker motor.

#7390 7 years ago

Get in touch with Spooky, they will help make it right. This is clearly shipping damage and not your fault. I can't quite tell but what part of the game is that broken wood piece sticking out?

#7395 7 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Just got my RZ set up. # 223. Something strange, I was wondering about my fried chicken pop up bumper seems to activate alot.
Even when ball doesnt come in contact.
Also I didnt see the service manual. Is one available?

Probably a simple switch adjustment. If it's not gapped properly then other vibrations or another pop bumper activating could be enough to set it off.

I don't know if there is a service manual but there is some info on Spooky's website. There are lamp and switch matrices available but you don't need those to adjust a pop bumper switch.

#7405 7 years ago

So are you gonna give us details or continue to be vague about everything?

#7432 7 years ago

Can somebody test their upper PF chicken and gasoline switches in the test menu and let me know if you see the same thing I am? When I press the gasoline switch #23 on the right all 7 of the trough switches turn off then turn back on when the gasoline switch is released. When I press the chicken switch #22 on the left it acts normally and doesn't affect the trough switches at all. I had a previous issue with the gasoline switch contacts bending and touching so I made sure that is not the case now. Just wondering why the trough switches disable when the gasoline switch is pressed in.

#7490 7 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

So a couple of things on mine.
1 the dead city radio prop and the base below it broke. Most likely from a airball. I found the screw to the base. looks like 2 screws hold it on. But the base wouldnt take the screw back. I gave up on it. Then i couldnt figure out how the radio itself is mounted to the base. Almost looks like two magnets but i dont think it is. Also my living dead girl keeps twisting so shes facing backwards. I turned her back but she just went right back around again. Other than that and a few stuck balls ive had no issues.
Waiting for the v.20 update. Hopefully the scoring to the game changes up a bit. Like most others i dont find myself shooting for the video modes much at all. Every right flipper play you have is more worth while going for LDG or H1kC. So its seem pointless. Also the left orbit at least for mine is a very tough shot. And also a deadly shot if you miss. So video modes would have to have a huge upgrade in points to make me want to shoot that. But it definitely needs it because the game needs more diversity. Also get rid of the superpops counter. Everytime i look up for info on whats going on all i see is superpops. ugghhh!

My radio broke off as well, and the holes were too stripped to remount as-is. What I did was put a few drops off wood glue into the screw holes to fill them, then after it dried I reinstalled and haven't had any issues since. As I remember it's only the 2 screws mounting the radio to the plastic underneath but you must remove the plastic+radio assembly first to access them.

I agree the superpops animations needs to be made less prevalent. Some of us have already stated this so hopefully FawzmaGames has taken note to include in a future update.

#7497 7 years ago

I bought a shaker and returned it. Turn up the sub and it shakes plenty already.

But it doesn't shake when a shaker would. A sub is no substitute for a shaker motor that's programmed to enhance the gameplay experience.

#7505 7 years ago

#3 isn't as hard as it seems since you can hit ANY pop bumper which counts for 3. If you hit 2 which is the hard part, there's a decent chance you'll hit a third. Still not an easy shot though.

#7511 7 years ago

V20 is the latest, make sure you download that if you're going to update the code tonight.

#7514 7 years ago

Sorry guys you are right - V20 isn't out yet

#7518 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Sent my check for #239. Won't be long! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

And it's been nearly 2 years since you started this thread! Congrats on your game finally getting done soon!

#7554 7 years ago

Loose connector, check all wiring connections to and from MPU and DMD

#7566 7 years ago
Quoted from princea56001:

Checked all that. Emailing with Charlie now. Thanks guys.

Let us know what happens! Hopefully it's something very simple. I noticed your game has speaker lights, did you install those yourself?

#7569 7 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Really? I don't see them. 4 Screws and the Ghost is all I see.

If you look closely you can see the white LED strips inside the speaker grill. You can also see the piggyback connector on the RGB wiring to the backbox lighting.

#7570 7 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

After an attempted code update that I screwed up, causing the game to not run, Charlie saved me by sending me the "bail out of hell" option, which worked beautifully. The routed game is cussing at the customers once again. Thanks, Spooky!

Care to share the details of this?

#7599 7 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

The pile of skulls plastic is a little lost when the machine is on (its a dark pin, which is perfect for the theme). Soooo, I added some "hidden" overhead UV leds and painted the bone areas not covered in blood with a clear UV reactive paint. Image doesn't show it as well but the skulls and the fact that they are covered in blood really POP with this mod. I thought this was a really great plastic that should show more while playing the game. The UV leds are great because they don't throw too much visible light on the pf.

Looks good! Which UV led strip did you use? Looks almost identical to the strip in that area that's included with Pinball Refinery's UV-GI kit. Got a link to the clear UV paint?

#7618 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

how do i get these to print the correct size?
Thanks.

They are the correct size, make sure you aren't scaling at all.

#7640 7 years ago
Quoted from Skaternater:

Quick question- does this games fan run all the time? Mine seems to

Yes, the power supply fan is always on.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Dumb question alert: can you change the songs? If so, what's the degree of difficulty vs using pinball browser?

Pinball Browser does not support Pinheck. The songs are just .wav files, you could try swapping them on the SD card.

Speaking of songs on the SD card, there is a TON of stuff not yet used in the game. Go to the SFX folder then FZ and listen to ZZ1.wav

#7645 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

ZZ1 is one of the spooky minute songs.. you have to be playing the game at midnight (machine time) to ever see it

Thanks for the clarification! I have yet to play a Spooky Minute on mine.

#7696 7 years ago

Has anybody ever had 2 balls get stuck in the VUK? Happened to me for the first time ever last night. Once the second ball goes into the VUK you pretty much have to take the glass off to unstick them as the VUK cannot send either ball to the upper PF when there are 2 and it just keeps trying over and over unsuccessfully. Probably just a fluke since this is the first time I've seen it.

#7700 7 years ago

FawzmaGames is amazing, that is all.

1 week later
#7811 7 years ago

This game is like no other for sure and will only get better.
One question for the future as been wondering about this for ages - has anyone replaced the fan with a quieter one and if so , was it difficult ?
Some people ( not pinball ) have replaced fan with a Vantec Stealth ( SF6025L ) and noise reduced by 75%.

Let us know how this goes, I've considered changing the fan to a quieter one but it hasn't bothered my much. I assume it's pretty easy to open up the power supply to get to it.

#7818 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I just brought mine home, and it is WAY too dark. We like to play in a dark basement, and the wife kept complaining that she couldn't see the ball (I agree with her).
I've added spotlights on other games, but I've also seen that Pinball Refinery has their UV kit. Has anyone seen this in person? The pictures look purple, but people say that isn't representative. Is there much UV reactive paint in the game? I'm not sure what to expect that to look like.
I'm trying to decide whether I should go with that kit or just put spots everywhere.
Any opinions?

Pinball Refinery's UV GI lighting upgrade looks great on this game. I have it and don't need any additional lighting over his kit.

http://www.mipinballrefinery.com/store-to-order-upgrades#!/Rob-Zombies-Spook-Show-International/c/21009054/offset=0&sort=addedTimeDesc

#7826 7 years ago

Oh, I can't find any instructions on how to use access the menu?
Doesn't seem to be as intuitive as others as I press Menu inside door and nothing really seems to happen.
Any links anywhere as couldn't find anything on support pages?
Thanks

Something is wrong then - you press the button and the menu pops up and you navigate with the flipper buttons. Pretty self-explanatory.

#7842 7 years ago

All you need to do is slightly rotate the drop target assy. clockwise (viewed from top) and balls can no longer get stuck there.

#7871 7 years ago

Quick question.
I have the ball hang up as described in this thread. Pretty sure it is not the rollover switches as took them off.
I just wanted to see when you manually drop a ball through top of mini playfield, is the ball then supposed to roll out as mine doesn't - ever.
If it is supposed to then guessing the lane guides are too tight. I would have a look but didn't have much joy trying to access the area so might have to phone a friend

2 screws on the right side of the mini PF and it can be lifted up to access the area in question.

#7890 7 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

My RZ isn't even completed yet and it's killing me. Supposed to be finished end of April to early May. I think the wait is literally killing me

RIP

1 week later
#7984 7 years ago

FawzmaGames Any planned eta for the apron screen, i.e. summer, fall, etc. I've been following your updates on the screens and it looks really good. I want it!

#8006 7 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Here's my Chicken and Gas sign lamp mod. Similar to the lamp in the movie and really lights up the sign nicely. Also adds some nice ambient light to the upper playfield area. As always, feedback is appreciated.
Image from the movie.

Image with the room lights on.

Image with the room lights off.

Well I think that looks fantastic. Nicely done.

1 week later
#8076 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I think it says far more about the other manufacturers and their merry-go-round of delays and surprises that Spooky can drop jaws just by being competent.
The fact that they're kind and passionate about pinball as well is icing on that cake.

Give them a bit more credit than just "competent!" They have stellar customer service, they regularly speak to the pinside community, and their coder FawzmaGames is constantly taking in feedback and creating updates with fixes and new features.

#8081 6 years ago

FawzmaGames FB account

#8137 6 years ago

I would like to try out some different rubbers on mine. What bands are on there from the factory (seems sort of like superbands?) and what else is worth trying besides the Titan rubber and traditional/regular rubber?

#8164 6 years ago

Summer I think was the last guestimate

I thought V20 was due out very soon and there was a larger summer update planned with more rule updates and polishing?

#8166 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

I also would like to see v20 released so feedback can be provided from the owners. I have a feeling v20 will be the final update except for some polish and bug fixes.

I severely doubt V20 is anywhere near final

#8174 6 years ago

Wow V20 is one hell of an update.

#8182 6 years ago
Quoted from Dutts:

Time to change your sling rubber too my friend. She's about to go snap! I put the red translucent on, they look great!

It's just an illusion from the lighting

#8186 6 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

Just got word that my Rob Zombie shipped. I'm quite excited to say the least.
Since i'm a newbie I was wondering if anyone had instructions on setting this up once I got it. Does it come with assembly instructions? I know it sounds stupid but everyone's knowledge on a topic has to start somewhere and I knew you were the people to ask.
Thanks in advance.

Nothing to it really! Open it up and unwrap, install legs and raise the head. Remove packing material from robot. Plug in the line cord.

#8204 6 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

looking for the playfield lighting mods . uv one had the info but misplaced it thanks in advance . mine ships next week

http://mipinballrefinery.com/store-to-order-upgrades#!/Killer-UV-GI-Lighting-Upgrade-for-Rob-Zombies-Spook-Show/p/72269323/category=21009054

1 week later
#8279 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I am getting a list together of those interested in the mod.
http://www.fawzma.com/rz-apron-mod-info/

Signed up and it said I would receive another activation/confirmation email and I never received anything. Hopefully it added me.

#8299 6 years ago

$300 seems fair to me

#8329 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Im Jonesing for the v20 update. I should have volunteered to test it when Dave posted over the weekend.

I think you mean

1pqagk (resized).jpg1pqagk (resized).jpg

#8391 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Plus more boobs in adult mode

Answering the important questions. Thanks Ben!

#8406 6 years ago

I'm pretty pumped for v20, looks awesome so far!

#8420 6 years ago

2spooky4me

1 week later
#8453 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Thanks guys! I've only built the one prototype so far. Any thoughts on whether or not I should back light the sign or not based on the photos? Once I have the design finalized and have some of these built up I'll post them on my site.

Put me down for one! Based on the photos do not backlight the sign with that bulb at least. It looks good with no backlight or maybe try a much dimmer one so the sign isn't washed out.

#8484 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I'll get some up in a bit. I'm finally gonna have time to unpack my machine after SFGE tonight.

Video too if you could please!

1 week later
#8504 6 years ago
Quoted from rask4p:

The 'O' in chop is giving me problems and I need to replace the LED. I think these are the Ablaze Premium Ghost Buster LEDs, but if someone can confirm, that would be great. Also, are there any recommendations on where to buy as a Canadian?

If you have the upgraded LEDs from the factory they are these

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2560

#8506 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Speaking of LEDs, I got the upgraded LEDs from the factory, and as much as I like color matching playfield inserts in general, you should really think about replacing some of the LED colors in RZ. On all my other games that have single-color inserts, color matching is definitely the way to go in almost all cases. But in RZ, there are so many inserts with printed graphics on the insert that the color match washes it all out.
I saw one of Herg's posts in this thread about changing up some colors. I tried this and it brought out a completely different (better) look - it lets you see the graphics on each insert rather than washing them all out completely. For example, I don't think I even knew there was a chicken wing and a gas can on the upper playfield inserts until I went away from the red LEDs. I didn't follow all of Herg's color choices completely, but I'm pretty close and both my choices and his look FAR better than the color choices that came by default.
I definitely recommend everyone try out color options for any of the printed inserts.

Agreed. I changed a couple of the main mode LEDs from colored to white and it looks much better. The previous blue and red LEDs in there sort of washed out the insert details. It looked OK before but looks great now.

#8517 6 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

I use Titan thin flipper rubbers, they made a big difference to my game, passing and shots.

Are they less "sticky" than the stock flipper rubber? Any reason you chose the Titan thins over regular Titan rubber? I would like to try some different types.

#8540 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

So I got my game unboxed and played several games and I'm happy with my purchase and had alit of fun with the machine. Current code is quite buggy but with an update hopefully real soon this should take care of a lot of problems.
Only issue that I'm really noticing is that the right living dead girl target takes a really good hit to activate. The left switch works normal. What's an easy way to adjust thins so it activates a bit easier. Could it be the foam they placed behind the target interfering a little?

Could need a simple adjustment. Use a leaf switch adjustment tool to slightly bend the switch as needed so it operates properly.

2 weeks later
#8833 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Just wanted to give a shout out to Tim at Tim's Pinball Mods. I threw in his RHPL Arrow Mod and it is a great addition! After I installed it, the mast had snapped when putting the PF back in the cab and he shipped me a new one, no questions asked. Great seller and the mod is highly recommended.
Note: the sign looks washed out in photos but in person you can see it clearly

I will second this, I have Tim's mods and they are amazing. The sign is the flagship mod which looks completely at home on the game. I also recommend getting his lamp for the fried chicken and gasoline sign and the "no turning back" murder ride sign to cover most of the unfinished edge of the upper pf. All 3 of them together are great!

#8840 6 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I love Spooky and think Charlie, Ben, Fawzma et al are doing a bang up job. But can we please stop with the "you updated wrong" mantra so that must be the reason for your bugs. Ver 20 while a vast improvement is still obviously buggy. And if the upgrade process is so susceptible to introducing errors that it's the first reason given then maybe effort should be given to improving that. If it's a hardware limitation then send out preformed SD cards.

No - many people can't follow SIMPLE instructions and it's proven that is the cause of some of peoples' issues. Nobody is blindly throwing out the "you updated wrong" but when they say certain things are happening, it can be tied to updating wrong. I haven't experienced any problems updating to V20 or with bugs. Many others as well.

1 week later
#8921 6 years ago

FawzmaGames If a game is updated with a class 2 (slow) SD card and updates successfully, can the SD card just be swapped with a mirror image (copied properly after unzipping to separate folder) on a class 10 SD card, or would you have to go through the update process again even though it's the same code version?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Wanted
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
350 posts in this topic match your search for posts by snakesnsparklers. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=snakesnsparklers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.