Topic Stats

• 10,478 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by davijc02
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (3 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (3 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (2 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (2 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverballz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#787 4 years ago
Quoted from Lauro0521:

According from what I herd on spooky pod cast they are at 290+ on the list. WoW

I thought the number would be higher, especially since Rob Zombie posted it on his website and according to Charlie, "We're getting hit faster than KT can answer today with Zombie fans who didn't even know it was coming."

I was glad to hear it's only 290 cause i'm on the list and can't imagine not locking up the position when the time comes. This has been the best pinball news in the past ten years.

#805 4 years ago

Is rob zombie getting an LE?

Do you think you can leave out any reference from Witches of Salem? Just a suggestion.

1 week later
#852 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

From RZ's FB page...
Let's take moment to remember our fallen friends from House Of 1000 Corpses. It was a blast to work and know each of them.
Karen Black 1939 - 2013
Dennis Fimple 1940 - 2002
Irwin Keyes 1952 - 2015
Matt McGrory 1973 - 2005
Tom Towles - 1950 - 2015
Harrison Young 1930 - 2005
10986992_10153168848023323_3227757261727249149_n.jpg

I can't believe all those people are dead.

3 weeks later
#902 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

What the heck are you guys talking about? Who is being negative and a naysayer here? Sounds like several excited people here including me.

i thought the same thing. this is one of the most positive threads on Pinside these days.

1 month later
#1004 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Do we have confirmation that a new whitewood will be at expo?

was there ever an old whitewood revealed?

#1054 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I believe they're calling old whitewood = PZFBTG

Thanks. I just watched it on Youtube. Interesting.

2 months later
#1498 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

it's "Red hot pussy liquor"

The title is just Pussy Liquor.

#1503 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

here:

Screenshot_2015-11-26-08-18-43.png 1

I was just referring to the song title. Although a lit sign like that could be an awesome mod for the game. I'm assuming it's not already in there, Not very family friendly.

#1504 3 years ago

double post

#1506 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's called "Red Hot Kitty Lovers" in family mode, both the speech and Dots change.
Again, we went in from the start planning a family mode, because in adult it will be the most profane, bloody pin by a country mile.

That's awesome! I can't wait to see this.
So the sign mod still has potential.

#1509 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

they said at expo the red hot pussy liquor plastic will be in the goody bag

I didn't hear that, but really cool.

2 weeks later
#2054 3 years ago

is there a robot tie-in to a movie or song? nothing comes to mind from any of his movies.

also, who are the two large characters on the cab art? again, are they from any of his movies or just imagination of the artist with the theme?
it is the best cab art i've ever seen.

#2068 3 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

You are fired as a fan!
image.jpeg

I accept my termination.
So is it just a stage prop or is there more?

#2231 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And very interesting comments after the interview with Charlie finishes. Nate comments.....
Cabinet art 10/10.
Playfield 7/10.
Again, the middle area lacks cohesiveness.
Too late for minor changes in this area?
No doubt, this is going to get the adrenalin going through the roof during gameplay

I'm most likely going to pull the trigger on this but id be way more excited if there was an enhancement to the middle playfield art. In the other RZ thread, someone mentioned the mode inserts in grave stones in a full graveyard instead just one big stone and random insert shapes. I think that is the right direction.
On the other hand, why bother because they will easily sell the 300 units without any changes.

#2294 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I feel the same...except I'm ok with the regular translight. It's the playfield art that has really killed it for me. It just doesn't work. Plastics too, they are just not up to snuff. I'll wait until the gameplay vid to decide, but that playfield is almost an instant deathblow.

the real question is: can and will anything be done to enhance the playfield?

look what pinside feedback did for TH playfield. there's not as much riding on this because the 300 unites are basically all spoken for and this has all been approved.

#2400 3 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I don't think that's true at all. There was never a chance I was going to be in on this game. The theme doesn't appeal to me on any level. That said, I think the playfield art is a valid criticism. Despite the quality of the images, the overall package doesn't have that classic look and feel of pinball art, and the insert placement and font choice looks haphazard and amateurish. As has been said; They will sell every one of the 300 as it is, so they won't need to change anything.
However, I hope these criticisms will help Spooky on #3. Eventually, they're going to have to turn out games that don't look home made. This one certainly lacks polish and cohesiveness from a graphics design standpoint.

They certainly won't need to change, but it would be great if they did. We had certain expectations based on the backglass reveal.
This is still a $6000 game and the toys and ramps are minimal, less than a striped down stern pro. There needs to be some really good art to fill the void in the middle. As of now, it's the opposite.

What it basically comes down to is we just want it to be consistent with the cab and backglass. We want a masterpiece all around. No one is asking for more ramps or flying dragons, just basic art to make me feel like I didn't just spend 6k on something I could design better.

I just hope they listen to feedback and fix the playfield even though they don't "need" to. It would make me appreciate my purchase so much more.

#2448 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's a discussion and comparison pal. And Tron and Acdc look like total shit by comparison, sorry. You are "annoyed", that's hysterical.

I didn't buy an acdc pro because of the playfield. RZ is much better than that.

#2518 3 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I just realized...if you're lucky enough to get the LE, the name of the game is not on the backglass OR on the sides of the cabinet. That's got to be very unusual...first time ever?

image.png

That is the best backglass ever.
Whoever said pinball isn't art (earlier in This thread) doesn't appreciate it for what it is. I'd love to have that displayed in my game room.

#2525 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Would you pay $6k to put that up in your game room?

Well, it comes with the game, so sure.
It's just too bad that type of image isn't on the playfield as well. That's all.

#2552 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Staying out of the conversation now, I think I said enough, but for the record I took no offense to anything Charlie said to me.

No need to sit out. You just are expressing what most of us are thinking but in a much more dramatic way.
We all agree the playfield needs some improvement for those of us who are still undecided. We all want to be comfortable and confident in the way we spend our hard earned $6000.

#2610 3 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

image.jpeg image.jpeg

huge improvement (almost too much going on). it makes the playfield look packed with stuff. I don't even think the inserts look nearly as random with all the images around surrounding them.

#2879 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

It's impossible to talk about this pin objectively. Pinball is art.
So I heard Aurich might not go in due to the $1,000 deposit due during the holidays. Would be a shame since he wanted an RZ pin from Spooky. I offered to lend him the $1,000 until the pin ships. We will see if he accepts.

Aurich is broke? That's too bad.
Maybe You can start a fund to help him out.

#2881 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Man, you make one little post about it being Xmas and more of a time to buy things for other people ...

I'm going to have to sell a game also if I want to buy RZ. You've got to admit, we're all very fortunate to be in a position to be able to do this to afford a 6k toy.

#3015 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Kidding not kidding
Seriously needs spinners somewhere. How can you have a 1000 switch hit mode with no spinners?? Wtf

it needs an f'ing magnet too. i love magnets.

#3018 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Can you put the code in for a spinner and then we can install one ourselves??

+1

#3086 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

RZ just announced his new CD coming out January 11, 2016. The video was posted on his Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/RobZombie/videos/10153479633913323/?pnref=story
something-is-coming.jpg

Awesome video. It would be cool to see that video style on the dmd.

#3189 3 years ago

got my number!
now that we're committed, any interest in starting a petition to enhance the playfield art? nothing major but just something more in the middle lower (more gravestones, better insert tie-ins, more inserts besides the multipliers) . we are now paying customers and i think it would be beneficial for spooky to listen to customers requests. we are just trying to make it the best it can be. and that's spookys goal as well.
i understand it's probably not easy for them to approach Rob Zombie and about this but it's also not that big of deal either. just a few changes.

and maybe no one cares anymore and that's okay too. that's why i'm asking.

#3196 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Heh, from the downvotes I'm going with "no".
Charlie's already spoken anyways, but regardless, how does it make sense to sign up for something, and then ask for change? If no one ordered maybe there would be change. Happened on AMH.
But by paying your $1000 you're voting with your wallet that you like it as is. I'd just let it go personally.
Still looking forward to the Jack Danger stream, and getting a chance to play it myself. I know someone getting #174, have to see what my other friend's # is.

Just wishful thinking.
My thought was now that we paid, maybe our voices are louder than just an angry pinside mob of people with no plans of committing.
i understand the other side as well.
I'll let it go now.

#3294 3 years ago

i was expecting a RZ update with all the new posts here.

here is the official Bible Adventure thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bible-adventures-pinball-discussion-thread

#3397 3 years ago

Here it is copy/paste, from fawzma website:

Rob Zombie Pinball update + Dragula Mode rules

Dragula has been cleaned up. While testing the video mode/jackpot option wasn’t acting right. After completing the base mode (spelling Dragula running the center ramp), you get 2 options. Shoot left orbit to start Dragula video mode, or shoot right orbit to start jackpot mode.

After you come out of video mode, you can pick a new mode to play.

If you start jackpot mode first you get an extra ball to go with it. If you start video mode, you don’t get the extra ball if/when you beat Dragula mode later on.

So choose wisely.

Once in jackpot mode (with or without the extra ball) you can shoot for the advance jackpot targets (Living Dead Girl coffins) and claim jackpots up the center ramp. And/OR hit the top right targets to collect car parts. Once you collect enough car parts, Captain Spaulding invites you to the upper playfield to get some gas. Hit the gas target for an extra 250K.

If you beat Dragula more than once and you are doing jackpots, the mode will be timed. You can put the 20 seconds back on the clock by hitting Advance Jackpot, or claiming a jackpot. I’ll need to do another update to include a super jackpots after collecting 3..4.. 5.. etc jackpots.

Mode selection has been updated. Before I would have a 3 second timer that would reset after flipping through modes. Now you hit both flippers to select.

Flipper Code has been added. You can activate this in the main menu settings screen. One is to set it in record mode, the other is for when it’s set. I’ll have to add a 3rd option for operators who don’t want people trying to guess the code.

Flipper code is for changing adult mode while in attract mode so you don’t need to open the door.

When in attract mode, hold both flippers for 10 seconds. The backglass will flash for 3 seconds. left go of the flippers. When in record mode, you are show a screen with instructions on setting the code. Once the code is set, it will flip the setting to “SET” mode and save it on EEPROM.

In SET mode, hold flippers for 10 seconds, BG flashes, let go of flippers.. then enter your flip code when it stops flashing. Entering the code successfully will turn the backglass red when in adult mode, and you’ll certainly hear about it. If it goes into family mode, the backglass will turn green.

#3577 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ok
Can you please code in a spinner on the upper playfield for me
or is there another switch it could tie into well?
This is a mod I will come up with so long as there is a cool/good way to implement it in the software. I will be happy to share with others whatever it is I develop. Basically I like spinners and want one. I feel it is the one thing missing from the game and completely understand the game is 'done' and dont expect Spooky to add it/ respect their decision to not add it. That said, would really be cool if there was a way for a modder to easily add it it and have the software work with the mod

it would be cool to be able to add a spinner to the upper pf.
and sign me up for a set of the plastics.

i was thinking a cover/guard for the exposed wood front of the upper pf might be a nice touch.

#3651 3 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

The LE backglass artwork sure would have made an amazing playfield and plastics set.
RZ-fantasy-playfield_(resized).jpg

26 upvotes (no down). too bad spooky is so dead set on keeping it as it is.

#3655 3 years ago

Yes, it looks cool.
But this is a young company that cannot afford to lose months of time through a re-design.
Game is sold out. They priced it right.
Anybody not liking can drop out and let next person have it.

i agree. it's priced right and sold out so they don't have to do anything. and anything they do won't make everyone 100% happy anyway.

but maybe they can have an alternate playfield for an added fee, as an option? spooky was talking about selling accessories. while a playfield isn't really an accessory, it could potentially make more money for the company.

#3680 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

The mock-up plastics w/original playfield seem to tie it all together with the cabinet and translite art.

playfield_new_plastics_(resized).jpg

That looks great. Big enhancement just from the plastics.

#3745 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

None of you guys are worried that this title is made by a new company with no experience making pinball machines either? Just trying to see how this machine is a day one purchase at $8K+. Seems risky. But that's just my opinion of course.

Anytime you preorder a pin you're trusting a company with your money. I understand there is a risk and I'm willing to take that for $1,000. Anything above that I probably wouldn't have ordered.

2 months later
#4514 3 years ago

Shouldn't the extra bouncy chicken be standard? Why should we have to pay more for the chicken to do what it was intended to do?

#4521 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The prototype chicken was attached with velcro, the production chicken is on a spring (like Spaulding's head)
The "chicken LE" or whatever they're calling it has a warm, glowing light underneath!

So the "Chicken LE" is the same as the standard chicken but with added LEDs?

#4525 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Wish I could see the mods in person. LEDs tend to come through poorly on camera, so I can't really tell if I'll want the mods or not.

are there pictures of them?

2 weeks later
#4616 3 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Are the original non-lighted toys included in the goodie bag if choosing to upgrade?

That's what I was wondering. If not, you might want to buy them later to replace yours and keep your old ones as backups.

#4622 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How about just getting the upgrades, not whining about it and move on?
It helps Matt at Back Alley who put a lot of work into this and I'm sure the Spooky crew. WTF

You're the only one whining. And thank you for telling us how to spend our money.
And wouldn't buying extras help as this would make a larger production run?

#4624 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm not whining about shit. You of course are, as usual. Spend your money however you want. You seem to whine, bitch and complain about everything.
Spend $6500 on a pin without a second thought and then agonize over $80 worth of lighting. What a joke.

Sounds like you're whining...

1 week later
#4709 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

A little off-topic here since I imagine most here are RZ (the musician) fans.... Who else besides me think the new album sucks big time???

I listened to it. I don't think it's bad.

#4752 3 years ago
Quoted from zero:

Loving the gameplay, callouts and modes! Multiball is great too!
I took family mode off as soon as I could! I know there are a tonne of pics already out there so unless there are requests, I'll just say again how much fun this is .

Any issues yet? Let's get those out of the way before the rest of us gets ours.

2 weeks later
#4946 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Power setting is adjustable

Or you can stick one of those blue rubber squares on the metal plate like the seance knocker on the Addams family.
Im not sure how that will sound in a backbox though.

1 week later
#5036 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Has anyone posted any pics of the inside?

Thanks. I've been waiting to see these.

1 week later
#5187 3 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Currently at SFGE this weekend and placed ROB ZOMBIE once so far.
To form a real opinion of this game (like any other game) you've got to see it,
play it and really give it a test drive.
It's refreshing to play for me because the shorts are makeable
but not come back to the flippers the same day way all damn way type of predictable.
The "randomizing" factor of the middle playfield side slingshots add a variation to play
that I truly welcome. It's a good balance of make the shots and let the game do it's part to.
I got the House of 1000 corpses mode and it was a good balanced launch flow of balls to the playfield,
until like balls just falling down all at once and adding balls was totally doable during this mode,
and in the end I got 641 corpses and a #3 place high score (photo posted to high scores board of this site later).
I'd love to see this game in a record store or two in the world, that'd be rad and will shoot for more high scores today.

Did you use google translator for this post?

3 weeks later
#5493 3 years ago

Well, I think there are so many cool ideas that would work - just be nice to have something after starting all the modes.
Here's another.
Game goes black, all lights off and there is a massive roar of engines. Car starts and…...
The mini-wizard mode would be driving to the gates of hellbound in the Dragula car with Dragula track.

like a video mode and multiball at the same time?
WPT has a really cool mode where you have to look at the DMD to see who's bluffing and then hit the corresponding shot. I think it's cool to make the player look at the screen to figure out what to shoot, making it different each time.

3 weeks later
#5673 3 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I realize that it's just the nature of limited items but the number of people flipping this game in the marketplace is shameful. Many other interested folks would have loved to have had your spots, guys. Lame.

They can have the spots ...for about $8k.

3 weeks later
#5874 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I disagee. Use a longer and standard ramp screw. The ones they are currently using are too short

I hope the spooky team sees this and corrects it moving forward. I'd be disappointed to have to deal with this type of issue on a new game.

1 month later
#6292 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Does the UV GI kit consist of replacement bulbs or is this extra lighting in addition to the stock GI?

The website says "It will come complete with a plug in harness, no soldering is required and we will email you the installation directions once your order is shipped." so I'm assuming it has something extra. I would like to see everything that comes with it though.

2 weeks later
#6395 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

collect them all to complete "murder ride". Collectin cards goes towards your card collector champ score.
I have plans to use them in multiplayer, and will incorporate into what! mode at some point.

How many different cards are there?

#6408 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

3, gein, fish, dr satan

i'm not sure how hard they are to collect but after Murder Ride, is there another level of Murder Ride for the next time you collect? Or if you collect 12 of them, a unique mode or something similar to Pretzel Mulitball in TSPP?

1 month later
#6803 2 years ago

From spooky Facebook page, it appears you can still order this game if you email them. I'm already on the list but if you're looking for one, email them.

2 weeks later
#6925 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Finally updated from the original code (LE #4) to ver 15. Great work in progress and appears to be more balanced scoring. A couple of minor 'bugs' or anomalies that I don't recall being mentioned:
Now that there are high score tables for multiple achievements, I know that the display is supposed to default to the name, already entered. However, if the name is only two initials like mine (RM), then it doesn't default to END, but to "A" for the third letter. Not a big deal to flip over one and then press end, but would be nice if it retained the blank and defaulted to END.
So, like many others, I'm getting the random ball stuck up on the left habitrail during multiball. I usually play until the other balls drain, then attempt to move the glass. I use the switch on the coin door (pulled out) to keep the coils energized and park the ball on a flipper. Then try to get the lockbar and glass on with one hand while holding the flipper and close the coin door. The problem is, when the door closes, the switch makes a momentary transition from pulled out to pushed in, and in the dead zone of the switch drops the flipper and drains my ball. When you've got an epic game going, this tends to cause MF's to fly out and the 11 year old who is watching TV nearby wonders what happened Is it possible to add a debounce to that switch so that it has to be off for .5 seconds before releasing the coils?

or fix the design flaw that's causing the random ball to get stuck (hopefully before mine gets built)

1 month later
#7172 2 years ago

Now that Jetsons is on the table, will we be seeing the anticipated code update with rule, sound and animation updates anytime soon?

4 weeks later
#7441 2 years ago
Quoted from Zsozso:

Sorry from anyone to bother you here, but at the German forum we cannot discuss about it, because there the thread is banned. They don't allow to tell anything about it because the "CHAIN" protect itself.

Your posts aren't doing much good here either. Maybe you should start another thread to address whatever it is you're trying to accomplish.

2 weeks later
#7617 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Here is a modified version of Spooky's instruction cards. This version makes the text on the left card white and is much easier to read in my opinion.

how do i get these to print the correct size?
Thanks.

1 week later
#7685 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Working on some things at Spooky. Including a list of notes for Rob Zombie code!
Hope David and I can have a code/rules jam session later this spring. "Choose how you wanna die!"

Are these notes going to be included in the v20 update or will this be a future update?
Also, anyone else notice a long delay when you're getting an extra ball to come out? Has that been brought up?

#7711 2 years ago

I remember Charlie saying there is a lot more to come with the code on this game. Going forward code becomes such a crucial factor on how a company is perceived. Unfinished code just stops people buying future titles. But, the game is already good and finishing the code, whatever the timeframe is so important for everyone.
Oh, the mod on the robot. The shining green light. Is there a way to disable it easily? Thinking ahead!

I think Charlie mentioned only a small amout of callouts they have available are in the game at this point.
Hopefully we'll see more of this soon.

#7726 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I'm curious why they couldn't all be put in right away? Why the slow rollout?

Not sure.
But anyone know what the sound is when the ball hits to the right of the living dead girl targets? It sounds like a demon or zombie chomping and there is a corresponding animation. And it seems to get triggered non stop. Does it have any value towards game play?

#7729 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

LDG targets are switches 29 and 30. They will play a thumping sound like a nail being hammered into a coffin.
To the right of them is a switch for the rattle area. That is the sound of Spaulding doing his yah,yah,yah sound like from the 1000 corpse movie. Those ring up a bone rattle score and gets multiplied by the add bonus switch at the end of the ball.

thanks! you are on top of things.
Everything has a purpose and so many rules!

1 week later
#7810 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

In case it was missed on my fb page, there will be an apron display mod coming.

How much $$$$?

#7915 2 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

The kid gives us an honest opinion of Rob Zombie: » YouTube video

Anyone know what display setting that is? It looks so much sharper than mine. Are the colors adjustable because mine seem a bit washed out compared to that.

#7925 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Here's some sample instructions and mode select

Are these just for the apron mod or will they also be incorporated on the main display?
Also, are there any color adjustment settings for the display?

#7927 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Only the mod, not enough room on the main display. Color can not be adjusted on the main display.

Thanks. Can't wait to see the mod in action. It looks awesome.

#7965 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

It has a ramp going into the mode hole , if it is not a solid shot up the left orbit there might not be enough power to get in there .

I've considered changing the post and sling rubber at the entrance to the left orbit to reduce the friction, with some smoother options. might help a little?

1 week later
#8062 2 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

I just finished a small batch of the Chicken & Gas sign lamps. They are now available for purchase on my website http://www.timspinballmods.com Price is $16.99.
Thanks,
Tim

Seems to be sold out. You planning on making more?

1 week later
#8163 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

From FaceBook: "well over 100 new callouts added..."

how many do you think there are in V19? it seems like i hear the same 15 or 20 over and over and over and over ...

2 weeks later
#8354 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Rob Zombie Dream Team Go!

don't even think about taking time off for the holiday weekend! it's bad enough i don't see fingers on the keyboards.

1 month later
#8879 2 years ago

What does collecting robots do? I love the feature but probably haven't collected enough to see if it's just more than points.
Also, anyone know if Rob Zombie (the actual person) updated his game? I'm curious if he understood how or if he even cares.

#8882 2 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I was curious about the robots as well so I popped the glass off and tossed the ball around. I built 10 and it didn't start another mode. I'm guessing it was added to make you feel like you were accomplishing something when hitting certain switches as opposed to a random number of points being added. Now you get said points with noises and animations. I like it but like you was curious if building so many triggered another mode which so far it doesn't seem to

Thanks. Maybe something is coming in the future. I do like the animations and sounds.

4 weeks later
#9023 2 years ago

what about RZ mystery awards? Build a robot for a mystery award shot. Or hit the hurry up for a mystery award. I feel any help on starting a mode or extra ball would be great in this game.

#9033 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

There is already a welfare (is that pc?)extra ball, and one for beating 3 main modes. Robots are for hellbound.
Clear the right lighting targets for a hurry up on the mode start.

Mystery awards are more than just extra balls. Just a thought.

#9035 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I know.. just being a s.a.

It's not a big deal. I don't Know if it's even a good idea. I was just throwing it out there.
Plus I know you have your hands full and the game really has come together nicely already.

1 month later
#9243 2 years ago
Quoted from Dutts:

Please release something not full of bugs for fuck sake!

I didn't even update with the v21. I have v20 and it seems to be working great. I'll wait until the next update and hopefully the bugs will be worked out.

2 weeks later
#9311 2 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

It is a 2 way flap. Thanks.

It should be a spinner, coded into the game.

2 months later
#9639 1 year ago

Since I don’t want to spend so much more money, I’m only buying one.

Apron mod or Living Dead Girl mod?

Which do you guys prefer, hopefully hearing from those who have them or seen them in person.
Thanks.

#9646 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

My two cents. I love moding out my games. I would have to say visual wise the Living dead Girl mod gives you a very cool upgrade from the original plastic in front of her. It adds a light show and for the $ if you have to pick one its the Living Dead Girl Mod.
Although I have to say that the Apron mod is very cool idea and a great way to offer a way to keep track of things while playing. Your eyes are usually on the lower playfield. This allows you to see the progression of modes and shots during game play without looking up to the screen in the backbox.
magicchiz

Quoted from Cheeks:

I have the apron mod installed, and got the LDG mod sitting here to be installed this weekend. As of now, if you're only picking one, I would say LDG 100%.
I hate to say this, but as it stands, the apron mod is quite underwhelming. I really HOPE there is more planned for it, because as it is now, there's no meaningful information on it that isn't on the DMD in the new software. It's not a cheap mod by any means. I think there is a lot of potential, but current price for current functionality just isn't worth it. While this probably sounds like a dig, it's more of a compliment to the continued development of the main game's display. I just hope as a customer of this mod, that the mod development continues to keep it differentiated from what is being added to the core game screen.

Quoted from davijc02:

I think the apron mod is neat but you’re right at current state isn’t necessary. If/when more is coded to it that would add to the game I’ll consider it.
I’m gonna hold off the LDG mod for awhile as well only because I’m on a good pace of saving up for another machine. It’s cool as hell and I want it but dropping another $200 on RZ isn’t going to help in growing my collection any.

Thanks for the feedback. I was leaning towards LDG and i think that's the clear choice as of now. Plus it's less expensive, which is good.

3 months later
#9850 1 year ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I'm finally in the club! I picked up a Pinball Refinery modded RZ this past weekend. I like it pretty well so far. I added a 10" sub and this game really came to life!
I have found a couple things I need to look at, the main thing being about 3 out of 10 times that the ball is saved it puts 2 balls in the shooter lane, is this a common problem or anyone know what to look at? The second thing is I've had a few balls hang up when shooting the left orbit, takes a pretty violent shake to get it loose, anything to look at here?
I am still figuring out how to play it; I know the basics, left orbit to start modes, LDG, 1000 corpse multiball, but I've read the game is deep and I want to figure out how to stack things and get to the deeper stuff. I saw someone say spooky was going to put out a video of how to play the game so I will have to search around for it and see if it covers the deeper rules/strategy.

i have V22 and none of those issues. i'd check switches for the two balls. perhaps something came loose during transport.
as for the orbit, i've heard of some games having it and other not. search this thread to see how people have addressed it.

1 week later
#9863 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I like having Infected Mode on.

I keep it on too. No issues here. I don’t see it too often though.

4 weeks later
#9875 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Does anyone know whose boobs are on the DMD? Asking for a friend.

I think they’re Keefers.

1 month later
#9947 1 year ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Those instructions were pretty weak. I did a write up on Stern KISS that was very detailed. I still don't know how to activate a mode. I cannot figure out how to get to the upper Playfield and when you get up there what the goal is. I also can't figure out what the number one two and three are for targets. When I begin the game it looks as though every single ramp or orbit is flashing but yet when you hit it nothing seems to go dark.
Is there some more concise right up that would be a bit easier to understand and also clarify just starting the game. I can't figure out what the heck the skill-shot is even based on these instructions. This seems a little odd considering I believe the person who wrote the instructions up is the programmer?

Left orbit to upper playfield starts mode. Rollovers on UP x2,x3 etc., jackpots. Keep it alive up there. Then play mode. I recall modes being easy to follow objectives but hard to complete more than a few during a game.

1 week later
#9980 1 year ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I think reverse flippers would be a neat feature. Maybe give an in game option to play a multi ball normal or reversed. If choosing reversed maybe make it a reward if you score a certain number of super jackpots you could get something special such as being spotted a mode completion or a mini wizard mode of Simenon sort

I think reverse flippers makes sense in this game. It is great in TSPP and sucks in Houdini (seems gimmicky and out of place).

#9985 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I agree reverse flippers on RZ fits it perfectly. Even if two other games do a version of this too, it doesn't mean another one can't. Especially as RZ preceded Houdini and it was the first pin since 2003 to have it. Fifteen years and reverse flippers rise from the grave !! It was an advertised feature all along and it was included in many versions of the software and you could run the feature or turn it off. Previous versions had the feature in or out depending the weather, current version it is removed. So that is what is being requested and is one of the 9 items on my wishlist above.

I think WOZ has reverse flippers?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverballz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside