image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rustylizard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#153 8 years ago

LE or not they are all limited. Best to pick the one you prefer the looks of.

#155 8 years ago

Charlie, don't get sucked in by the trolls. The people who matter already know.

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Are people asking for more than 300 really trolls or haters? There doesn't seem to be a lot of hating going on, just people debating the 300 number.

Was referring to the person who played it 2 years ago at a show that the game wasn't at.

#202 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

All LE's are already claimed by the AMH crowd... wow, I did not see that coming.

I did. I wouldn't be surprised if over 100 of the 150 AMH buyers get in on RZ and by end of July all 300 will be sold, possibly on the first day.

#389 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I agree, they shouldn't have allowed a free for all. seems they underestimated the demand. they should have gone in order of AMH buying. Me being position #80 I have a somewhat good chance, but if I didn't get one it's my own fault for not supporting spooky sooner.

How do you guys get your AMH number? I can't beg borrow or steal mine and I don't want to be a PITA that emails over and over.

#397 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I'm on the interested list, and will be an AMH owner. . Don't feel bad.

I am getting an LE that TomG won't have? The world may stop spinning.

#401 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I didn't know you had ordered AMH.

Nobody but my wife did until now.

#409 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Best I can tell, you don't get assigned a number. Your game has a serial number, but there is no emphasis on it. The games are produced a few at a time and orders are shipped. Since I ordered my game, the only number is have been given is how may games away until mine is made.
It's not a point of interest for me, so I can't speak to being worried over it. I had a very early WOZ, but the arbitrary numbers seemed kind of silly to me. I was able to have just about any number from 1-1000 and it had zero correlation to the order the game was made.

Thanks for the info. I am not worried just excited. My game is almost done.

#436 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Why do I think that Charlie might be already sick of all this LE whining and may never offer one again?

Because Charlie hates drama and probably never imagined the demand would be what it is. He is very humble when it comes to that. Reality is they are all limited and many of them will stay in their original buyer's collection for many years.

#450 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Why is this not a problem for Stern? There's tons of posts here and videos of songs being swapped out on their games and they don't give a crap.

Who the hell cares?

#544 8 years ago

I pay $29.95 a month for Internet. I am now entitled to tell everyone how to run their business even after they have made a statement and promise of exactly how things will be.

1 week later
#793 8 years ago

From what I have gathered LE will be backglass with RZ in Dragula like car running over skeletons and armor will be different.

Standard backglass or translite will have RZ with his arms out around cast of characters.

No autographs. I am fine with that. Please don't write on my game.

3 weeks later
#879 8 years ago

Based on what I saw when I picked up my AMH I don't think RZ is ready for public consumption yet. We all know what happens when things hit the internet before they are ready. It's going to be similar layout to PZFBTG but lots of cool stuff being worked on to improve it.

#900 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Because people like to be negative about things before they have seen or experienced something for themselves. Its just sad.
There is a good group of people working with and for Spooky so I have high hopes for what they can create.
Much credit to the op for putting himself out there to have and continue the conversations about his new venture.
Much success and don't let those that like to be negative get under your skin. There are a lot of positive people here.
chris

This exactly. Charlie and Ben both care enough about these games to make sure it is done right. Drama queens and naysayers are easy to find in this hobby.

#910 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

This exactly. Charlie and Ben both care enough about these games to make sure it is done right. Drama queens and naysayers are easy to find in this hobby.

I was referring to the post that ended with 'so nervous..........' And Pinside in general.

#962 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

EXCLUSIVE LOOK!
The display we're using for RZSI:
IMG_20150803_204205894.jpg

I will be super disappointed if you don't center the text on the screen before releasing it.

2 months later
#1327 8 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

Well said.
Unfortunately, Spooky doesn't have the capacity to build a game for everyone who wants one. That, in turn, creates the situation where there is "pressure" on the potential buyer to make a spot decision (without having all of the sound, buying decision facts in hand) about whether it is more important to have the game or not have the game by risking, what is for most people, a materially large sum of money. The risk being that the game you get doesn't meet you expectations should you get one in the first place.
I am certain (but do not know first hand) Charlie doesn't like this situation himself and it is not an environment he is intentionally trying to create. It's simply a byproduct of his current manufacturing capability and capacity.
We as buyers may not like that, but until Spooky is built out enough to support demand 100%, it's what we are going to have to live with.

You are overlooking the option of selling it if you don't like it. Much more will be shown before any money is taken. If demand is so great, buy it and it it's not for you then sell it. It's not going to depreciate 50 percent in a short time. Even some of the less desirable Stern titles still sell for 75 percent of purchase price a couple years after release.

1 week later
#1407 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Same here. I'm incredibly pumped for this game just because I'm a Spooky Pinball fan, and I'm sure I'll be down for whatever they release next as well.

I agree with you guys. I hope they continue to give first shot to previous buyers. I hope to buy every title as long as it stays at one a year or less.

4 weeks later
#1481 8 years ago

When I talked to Charlie and KT at Expo they told.me LE's would be first.

2 weeks later
#1737 8 years ago

Depositing 1K at 10 gone at 11.

#1744 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Could someone remind me...is the build order 50 LEs first then the 250 standards or is it a mix?

We were told LE'S first.

#1758 8 years ago

I am assuming Facebook.
tmp_29266-FB_IMG_14498452690161756569563.jpgtmp_29266-FB_IMG_14498452690161756569563.jpgtmp_29266-FB_IMG_14498452690161756569563.jpgtmp_29266-FB_IMG_14498452690161756569563.jpgtmp_29266-FB_IMG_14498452690161756569563.jpgtmp_29266-FB_IMG_14498452690161756569563.jpg

#1783 8 years ago

Before this goes ape s**t, and yes... I'm a nervous wreck today, I'm going to give my one and only PS gameplay explanation. Jack Danger will be in our shop on Jan. 15th and we'll explain it fully then and along the way on our podcast.
Yes, this is at first glance VERY similar to what the original game was intended to be... it starts with 3 fast flow / control shots and opens quickly (if you don't suck) to 5 flow shots. THIS IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM THE ORIGINAL GAME!!! It's still chaotic and random if you lose control of the ball, as I intended. There is now an auto-launch, up to 7 ball multi, with the physical ball lock gone so we can feed fast multiball action, and a hell of a lot of insanity in this configuration. Can't talk about all of what we changed / added yet... but it's far more than it appears.
I'm tired of fan layouts... it came out better than I hoped, is super hard to beat, has way more coils than AMH, and the build quality is more reliable and better all around. She's loud, vulgar (out of family mode), and bad ass fast & evil.
If this is getting ripped to shreds in 3 hours, then that's on me. Either people DO want something different game play wise, or they think they do and really don't. Time will tell. Again, if you are on the list and it doesn't look like it appeals to you... please, pass it to someone who will enjoy what it is and let it go down the list... which is VERY long.
Either way, we did our best to make this something really cool. It was an absolute dream theme for me, and I hope we did it justice.
Peace, love, and pinball people... it's only pinball.
Charlie

I'm in. R-E-L-A-X and enjoy Charlie. A percentage of Pinside will whine and bitch but your buyers will love it

#1800 8 years ago

I am imagining something similar to Centaur for strategy. Tough to keep balls safely in play but always building towards and adding multiballs to stay safe and alive.

#2241 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

When I first watched the reveal video, there was no way in Hell I thought, "I could see myself paying $6k+ for this!"
If I want art, I'll buy art. If I want a pinball machine, I'll buy a pinball machine. Seems easy enough.

But for two days now you hang around and take jabs at this game. Did you really not know the price by now? Say whatever it is you need to say and move on.

#2468 8 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I would imagine with machines expected to ship in February that it is likely that all playfields have been printed and having the clear cure now as discussions continue. I only mention this for those who have high expectations for change that I imagine it may not be possible.
Brad

Hey, don't try dragging common sense into this mess. I like the game the way it is. I just hope those repeatedly banging the drum don't delay what I already have money down on or cause it to be changed to something I like less. With a 7 ball multiball maybe less art on the playfield is better.

#2475 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

At this point I'm mostly put off by Charlie's dismissive tone when responding to what seems like legitimate criticism. Turn off the computer and go outside?
You're asking people to drop $6,000 on a game they won't have a chance to play first, have only seen photos of, and any hesitation on the part of customers due to game play and art is just dismissed with a shrug and a glib response.

Your judge of character is a little off. First of all he clearly stated they would be gone for the weekend and because of timing the reveal ended up being when it was. Also if you have ever spoken to him in person or listened to his podcast you would know that he takes all of this to heart, good and bad.

I had 10 people over last night for pinball and not one of them have ever bought a new in box game. I had two of them wondering aloud if they should do what it takes to get one of these even though it would have to be on the second hand market. Bottom line is these games will be sold out shortly after the one week deadline comes around. 150/300 already as of yesterday morning.

How often do you see Gary Stern and company on here giving detail and explanations of what they are doing? They put out a product and your choice is take it or leave it.

#2480 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

That's kind of my point, I was expecting better from Charlie than to just tell people to take it or leave it.
I find the playfield art muddy, indistinct and sparse. They've even somewhat admitted that the playfield is a bit of an issue given the artist's lack of experience. Everyone in the thread has been very supportive and moderate even in their criticism. I see no reason not to address the issue, as Ben has done for example, but instead he just told Aurich to turn off the computer and go outside. That's more like what Jack would say.

Certain people do need to turn off the computer and go outside. Quantity and volume of posts does not make you an expert even if it gains you Pinside followers.

#2569 8 years ago

I talked to Charlie at Expo and at that time he said the license did not allow them to sell shirts or any other products based on RZ or the artwork.

I don't know of there would be a limit on translites or not.

#2624 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This isn't better, IMHO. Busier, sure - but busy for the sake of busy isn't necessarily a great thing. Sure, the void around the center insert clump is dull, but just throwing a random picture on the PF as a whole doesn't really improve it in the right way.
Again, just my opinion.

Agreed and I feel even stronger. I hope the process is too far along to turn my game into a cluttered mess like that.

#2630 8 years ago
Quoted from Rico_Roughneck:

I see the Wisconsin pinsider love for the playfield art. Just sayin

Part of me bought AMH because of the WI connection but I am 3.5 hours from Benton so it's not that I have any connection beyond that. Maybe WI people don't know real art. I am fine with that.

#2722 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

So this is pretty insane. I put my check in my mailbox on Friday when Kayte sent out the announcement email and it already arrived today. Glad I saved them $30 and nice job by the Postal Service!

Same here.

#3053 8 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

The worst things anyone can't says is that it doesn't matter how this machine is as they area only selling 300 and they are sold. The machine should be designed to be desirable enough to sell 3000 plus.
The second worst things is for a business to ignore feedback. If the clear majority says the playfield is a let down then you fix it. Rob Zombie may like it but he aint selling the machines .
Btw all the other artwork is absolutely beautiful, it's a shame it didn't continue to the playfield.

But....this playfield art has been approved. If Spooky were to go back to RZ to make changes now surely he would ask why. The answer being that certain people didn't like it. He could say F it, no deal and possibly sink the company. The fact that this playfield is approved has more value to the company than you might think. I don't believe it was easy for them to get to this point.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3077 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I say this with full respect. It saddens me to see Aurich drop out. This is one of his dream themes. I wish Charlie would have asked him to help art direct Alex's PF efforts. Aurich just couldn't enjoy a pin with a playfield like that.

*snort*

#3110 8 years ago

Just got mine.

#3152 8 years ago

LE29

#3219 8 years ago

We like Tom.... we don't like him THAT much! Even if KT did try to swap Bug's braces for Tom's game.
By the way, that offer still stands!!!

I will take that deal....as long as Bug doesn't mind having his braces done by a mailman.

#3248 8 years ago

Was a nice morning in Benton. 20151222_092326.jpg20151222_092326.jpg

#3299 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Has anyone who lives near Spooky gone by to play RZ? Or is the next hands reserved for Jack Danger?

I was there yesterday

#3302 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

and...........

And I have been posting in the club thread

#3345 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Are they really gonna finish the new shop in just 3 weeks?

It is not like building a house. Think of it more like building a large insulated garage with 2 bathrooms. Their offices will be desks on the workroom floor. Maybe some divider walls but pretty open inside.

#3415 8 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

The fact that this game is being programmed by someone new to pinball didn't deter me in the least when announced, it actually intrigued me. The latest updates that you've posted make me feel good about the code in whole for this game. Keep up the great work!

Meeting the programmer made me feel even better about it. He seems to really enjoy the challenge that this game is.

#3496 8 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Just had a taste of spaulding"s chicken.

20160102_115054_(resized).jpg

Let me guess. Yesterday you were pretty confident about this purchase. Now you can't wait to get then dang thing home?

#3548 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Can someone explain to me what the artists was going for in the upper playfield design? I'm super excited by this pin and it sounds like it's shaping up to be great. But when I look at the upper right area of the playfield, it's empty. Coupled with the plastics that have nothing on them, how is this getting such a "passing" grade?
I don't think we're going to get a fair review until non-buyers play / review. Commence down votes, but you know it's true.

Quoted from kaneda:

Can someone explain to me what the artists was going for in the upper playfield design? I'm super excited by this pin and it sounds like it's shaping up to be great. But when I look at the upper right area of the playfield, it's empty. Coupled with the plastics that have nothing on them, how is this getting such a "passing" grade?
I don't think we're going to get a fair review until non-buyers play / review. Commence down votes, but you know it's true.

Screenshot_2016-01-04-06-01-36.pngScreenshot_2016-01-04-06-01-36.png

#3550 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

My car was built after the recall date. Your point being?

My point is not everything has to be absolutely perfect. Your post was pointless and useless. Anything I say beyond that probably won't be very nice. Did you ever think that not every thought that pops into your head needs to be posted here?

#3552 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

We're on pinside man, not in a client meeting. Ghostbusters speculation thread has like 15 pages of nothing but people posting every thought that pops into their head.
Look, I love this pin but just think there's one area that should be polished more. It's not gonna happen and that's fine. I'll shut up about it now.

Thank You

#3588 8 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

so i am in on this and now i know a lot of you guys have played it. not sure what number i am or anything like that since i bought from joe at pinballstar and he said he would look into it. here is my question - is this thing going to feel, offer up, look, and sound like a classic bally/williams or a modern stern? no need to look at what i have because it is the typical addams, mb, mm, acdc, met, both star treks, .... I only played a little of amh at allentown so i couldn't really get an accurate feel for a spooky game. any input would be much appreciated. thanks, ant

No, really on one of the above. If you are looking for cues that remind you of other games there aren't many.

It has the Spooky feel but more refined. Flippers feel a little more WPCish than AMH. Doesn't really remind me of any other game in particular.

#3632 8 years ago

The two companies that failed were run by people that lived in an alternate reality. The Spooky people are normal, honest people with theirs heads screwed on straight. Charlie recognizes his strengths and weaknesses and acts accordingly.

#3755 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

You guys really need to stop calling me a troll. I don't troll. I may post a lot, but at least I know what the hell I'm talking about. I've stated many times Spooky is not a gamble at all.

You often post to evoke emotions. Troll.

2 months later
#4447 8 years ago

My experience with AMH was flying balls settled down a lot after the game was broken in.

I wish people pushing for fixes the way they want then done would realize that what you want may not be what the other 299 of us want.

#4449 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

no worries lizard we are just giving feedback on a forum. (and in response to requests for it...) of course not everyone wants the same thing! We are talking about small fine tuning and results of real world play testing from the couple perspectives that were fortunate to get some time with it. Fawzma/designers can accept/ignore whatever they like!

I fully understand that but the give a ball back because it wasn't fair the way you lost it feature on AMH is the worst part about that game. The last think I want is another game with that programmed into it.

#4486 8 years ago

As long as boards are in house, games WILL ship in April. We've got them piling up right now in the new Spooky world HQ.

Got a loose estimate on number 29? I won't hold you to it, just planning a little.

As long as boards are in house, games WILL ship in April. We've got them piling up right now in the new Spooky world HQ.

1 week later
#4498 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Come to the midwest gaming classic and talk to Charlie directly. I hope to play the game and get an update on production in person.

I will be there.

Very nice feature.

2 weeks later
#4589 8 years ago

tmp_16160-Screenshot_2016-04-20-11-42-24-965493662.pngtmp_16160-Screenshot_2016-04-20-11-42-24-965493662.png

#4647 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I wonder why a $6000 large toy can't come with colored leds.... just saying!

Because it doesn't.

Game 1 - non licensed - $6000 - sold out

Game 2 - awesome license - $6000 - sold out with a waiting list longer than the number of games being made.

Your right, he should have charged us each $1000 more and thrown in the $80 in bulbs.

1 month later
#5122 7 years ago

Most likely picking up #29 on Tuesday.

3 weeks later
#5385 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Testing a couple bugs that were found in V008, once they check out, I'll look for a couple more testers. If all goes well, I'll release.

I will test

2 months later
#6037 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

My best playing what! is 6 hits and drain. I have played hours of games choosing only what mode. OMG what is wrong with me??? I can achieve all other modes. Granted haven't been able to string them together in one game, but what! is messing with my mojo.

Adjust the leg levelers on your game. Different slopes and angles make these shots much easier or harder.

8 months later
#8365 6 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Wrong game! Think pizza and the Noid!

Our code went on hold while your game was developed. Our turn now. I suggest a 2nd coder is needed at Spooky.

1 month later
#8745 6 years ago

I had original code from back when the LE's were built. I updated to this code without a problem. First multiball with new code and upper VUK blew a fuse. Any suggestions?

#8774 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I had original code from back when the LE's were built. I updated to this code without a problem. First multiball with new code and upper VUK blew a fuse. Any suggestions?

1 month later
#8990 6 years ago

A note on sound: I turned volume up in the game settings and had music louder than sound effects. I didn't like the sound and turned both setting in menu to minimum and adjusted volume on amp and sounded much clearer to me.

1 month later
#9236 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

its just the callout.. the girl is still there in adult mode

Thank God that is gone. If it ever comes back I will never update from this code.

8 months later
#9895 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I currently have the LE on the way. I had previously purchased the standard and LE translites from Spooky which have both been autographed by Rob, Sheri, and John5. However, it appears that this pin has a backglass and does not use a translite? I'm just checking to confirm this as if that's the case I will need to have the backglass autographed and find alternate use for the translites.
Can someone shed some light on Spooky's use of backglass vs. translites?

The games all use a form of backglass. If you want to use the translights you will need to have a piece of glass cut.

6 months later
#10219 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I haven't even installed mine, yet. But I can't say I blame him. Spooky have been way busier generally, and him specifically with Ben's departure and the system change and code rework for ACNC.
I doubt that was something he really could have legislated or planned for. Hopefully as Spooky sell more and more machines they'll be able to lighten the load on him with new recruits, and he can go back and finish this - he has promised to do so.

Don't quote me on this but I think the apron mod was his baby. It might be something he needs to do on his own time.

#10256 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

No offense to anyone that currently has RZ in their collection - to sell mine, it was the deepest price cut I ever did. I've never seen prices so low on a game that was out for only 2 years.

I bought a second one to steal options that mine didn't have and then sold it for a small profit. A month ago I sold my LE loaded and the loss was equal to what I gained on the other one. So overall RZ and I are even including tax.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Wanted
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rustylizard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.