Topic Stats

• 10,502 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by KingPinGames
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (3 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (3 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (2 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (2 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

*can't call it Dragula as that is a separate license, but it is a Dragula-like vehicle

"A vehicle which may or may not resemble a vehicle associated with the artist"

I should work in advertising.

rd.

#484 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I hope they aren't done with loyalty offerings.. the concept is applicable even beyond this game, or LE versions of the game. Could be signed versions, swag, or whatever.

Agree 100%.

It's retail marketing 101. All stores do it, however I don't see any pinball dudes doing it (until now...)

Spooky has 150 loyal customers already, so keep them onboard by offering exclusive stuff, like

- factory tours
- first access to the new games
- first dibs on T-Shirts etc, before going out to the public

All this creates a very loyal customer base.

It's as easy as sending out a few emails every month. I used to have almost 1000 customers on my furniture store email list, and none of them were as committed as the pinball customer base. Pinball guys will 99% buy anything that is dangled in front of them

rd

#487 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Cause furniture isint that fun.....

No argument from me there .....

rd.

#687 4 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Zardoz speaks! The deposit is good... the wait is evil.

Thumbs up for the Zardoz reference.

Years ago, me and my band mates got home from a gig about 2am and Zardoz was on TV. What an out-of-it movie. We wrote a metal song about it called "the penis is evil!" from a quote in the movie. The song got really popular and people kept requesting it whenever we played, even in "inappropriate" venues.

rd.

#693 4 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Dude! If any pinsider ever deserved a pin themed after them it has got to be you. "RotorDave's Kiwi Madness" - Travel the globe with RD! I am thinking hearst ball lock, Shasta bash toy, " The Penis is Evil" multiball and a soundtrack by your old metal band. Spooky #3! Sign me up.

Haha .. Don't think it'd be a good seller though. Maybe my parents would buy one. Maybe

I must see if I can find the demos we recorded back in the day. We used to tape most of the live shows on cassette too, so "the penis" could live on (in infamy) ... If I could find the tapes.

rd.

1 month later
#916 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Let's start with better than X-Men.

If it's better than Xmen it'll be the most awesome pin ever made.

rd.

1 month later
#993 4 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Benton, WI Labor Day Parade!

Screenshot_2015-09-07-10-52-46.png

Man, those new cabinet legs look a bit spindly .... Hope they get beefed up for production.

rd

#997 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It was a joke about the parade float.....

Hahaha ... My joke went Woooooooooooosh right over the top.

rd

#1017 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

sticking to my guns on all new pins. Too expensive? Over it. Not gonna buy a TBL even though I think it looks incredible. Art shitty? There will be no GOT in my garage. Don't dig the theme? Pass on Kiss. Not fun to play with good rules? Not buying, no matter how nice it looks.

That's where I'm at with new pins now too.

With the price they are here, I can import multiple SS classics from the States for the same price. Those 4 or 5 or 6 games give me (and my guests) much more enjoyment than one mediocre new pin.

Witness that thread I did "what I did with my Star Trek LE 13,500" where I could buy 6-7 quality pins for the same price. A couple of those have gone already (at a profit...) but the majority have found a permanent home at my place.

rd

#1055 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Exactly this as well. I've been spending more time on something as recent as Wheel of Fortune and marveling at how fun and interesting the entire bottom half of the is with the center post and save lanes under the flippers.

Wheel of Fortune is cool ... As is Old Chicago.

However I'm sure Charlie and team have already made the new PF ... So all suggestions are sort of a moot point at this stage.

rd

2 weeks later
#1106 4 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Homeless kicked out of back stage story is bullshit...

It's on the Internet man, so it's gotta be solid.

rd

2 months later
#2547 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Given the run is only 300, would be great to ditch the LE concept completely and run with just the LE art on all 300.Then use the standard back-glass art on the PF.

I think the opposite ... The Dragula artwork would look bitchin slap bang in the middle of the PF above the flippers.

Looking forward to the gameplay video tomorrow. Machine seems to have moved forward a lot since the Pinball Zombies proto (which is a good move ...)

rd

#2653 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

The best pizza is from New Haven CT. Where pizza was invented.

Hahaha what a classic. The history of Pizza in Italy dates back to about 700 years before New Haven even existed.

rd

#2908 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I'm a lot more excited to hit 7 balls at a time with amazing music and theme and blah blah than I am to watch a piece of metal rotate around for the millionth time since 1970.

1000 hits is a f**k of a lot of hits. You won't get the bumper cage hits on this game either.

If there was a spinner (or two) you could rip it for 15-25 hits towards the 1000, it'd make a huge difference.

It's gonna take a long time of play to get 1000 switch hits as it is now. My guess is most people will have to replay the mode heaps of times to get 1000 hits. Which may well be what Charlie is aiming for. Only the Shadow errrr Charlie knowwwwwwws

rd

#2950 4 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

or have a slowly roving shot that's worth 20 switch hits, that would be aggravating in a good way
-c

I was thinking the same thing ... But say 50 hits. Same as the super jackpot shot on AFM.

rd

#3121 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

I think we are the only market (maybe NZ) outside of the US

I know for a fact there are one of each coming to New Zealand. So I heard. Cough.

rd

#3214 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

75 - Chris, 76 - Kurt, 77 - John, 78 - Tom, 79 - Joe, 80 - John

Amended: 75 - Tom, 76 - Tom, 77 - Tom, 78 - Tom, 79 - Tom, 80 - Tom

rd

#3250 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Parker and I are trying to figure out how to squeeze a double-height color dot display on our ancient hardware for Bible Adventures.

If you wanted to make it "true to theme", the right way to go would be a double height abacus.

With a small abacus in the apron for the ball count.

And you have to play the machine in robes. And sandles.

That'd be bitchin.

rd

#3275 4 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

And LE models customized for differing theologies... Maybe a predestination version that shows you your final score when you push the credit button and then you play it down to zero... Catholic version puts your ball in purgatory to compensate for all those terrible shots you made? Resurrection add-a-ball?

When you drain, the machine stones you to death.

Gotta be true to life.

rd

#3287 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

What will the soundtrack be, Genesis? *ba dum ching*

No. It's obviously Lamb of God.

Here's the main theme song for the pin.

rd

#3357 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The new pinHeck board has a Shaker port in addition to the unused Knocker port that was on AMH.

How does one plug ones "knockers" into the Heck board?

Via the nipples? Sounds painful.

rd

1 week later
#3624 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

You guys have seen spooky's shop and met him before. What is it that sets him apart from all the other boutique game makers?

He's not a retard.

rd

#3657 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

A pinball that was designed via the thumbs up / thumbs down on pinside would be the worst pinball you could ever imagine.

This is what it would look like ....

image_(resized).jpeg

1 week later
#3896 4 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Playfield art looks great in the video. I can't wait to play this game!
I hope that 1000 corpses scoring gets more balanced. He got over 100m in about a minute. All the other modes only give a few million.

Yes, balanced scoring is a must. Looks like WhySnow has got the bit between his teeth now, so I'm sure he'll be down at the factory making it happen

rd

#3931 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

An idea I had was when the ball is VUKed into UP for a mode you could try and clear the chicken and gas targets to add a bonus, jackpot increase or multiple for whatever mode you started.

That's a good idea. Enable the flipper for 5 seconds, you get one chance to hit the chicken bucket for double scoring. Think GNR when the ball comes out of the guitar scoop, and you get one chance to shoot it around the mini loop and it doubles the scoring of the mode.

rd

#3948 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I'd rather do that than clutter the screen. I'll make a note.

You could make it the first stage of the "instant info" screens. Hold the flippers for 5 seconds and the info pops up .. Scores, mode requirements etc. Same as all the recent Stern games.

rd

1 week later
#4105 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Agreed, metallica is a snoozefest

Shots fired!!

rd

#4108 3 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Hey RD - can you get KT to airfreight one over for Pincade to we can all do a comparison - please?

RZ won't make Pincade but AMH may ... Depends on the freight companies.

You coming over again for Pincade?

rd

#4111 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Bazooka fired......Target destroyed.......No survivors!

Booooooya!

Different strokes for different folks. For me, Metallica is a great game. However I have 50 old slow clangers in my collection too.

Obviously I haven't played RZ, but from watching the Dead flip stream I can tell you right now that there would be a HEAP of pinsiders who wouldn't like RZ. They don't like to have their asses handed to them like RZ does. Must dent their fragile egos or something.

rd

#4114 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

RZ is the tougher game and plays unlike any other pin

To me, watching from 12,009 miles away, RZ looks like Gottliebs Black Hole with a LCD and modern ruleset.

Charlie, is that what you were going for when you designed this game?

rd

#4135 3 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Yes, making the journey with a few Queenslanders - a few first timers as well. Hugh sensory overload last year, amazing collections by all. This year, more concentration on comps and booze. AMH will sort out the group I'm sure.

Dunno if AMH will be there, my guess would be NO at this stage. My cheapest option is shipping it ex NYC which can take 8 weeks ... But it's $1000 plus cheaper than air freight.

rd

#4137 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

love blondes and brunettes for different reasons and wish I had one of each in the basement, even though my wife would probably spend as much time on them as I would

I need to attend one of your "parties".

rd

#4140 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I recommend backing the hearse in, just in case.

Hmmm good planning. If the "partying" gets too exciting, there may be some errrrr "partyers" we need to errrr dispose of .... This is getting murky.

rd

1 week later
#4190 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I will bet you $1,000, Kaneda sits on top of a NIB RZ that belongs to him. Wanna bet?

Just when you were being so well behaved ... You start up again.

No need for it buddy. Control your urges.

rd

#4192 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

And I may have been a bit BUZZZZED last night when I said I was getting one.

I think that's half the problem around here. Drunk posting. My old mate Icey is famous for it. Then you wake up in the morning and discover what shit you've been dribbling.

The Surgeon General says: DONT DRINK AND POST.

rd

#4194 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

But it's so much fun

Hmmmmm ... Nope.

rd

1 month later
#4532 3 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

The lit toys definitely look cool. Not sure if they're $200 cool

Very few pinball mods look anything like $200 cool in my humble opinion.

rd

3 weeks later
#4667 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

HA HA HA funny, next batch will be on treated pallets, no more fumigating

Plastic pallets are the way to go.

rd

#4670 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

OK if substitutes pizza boxes instead?

Only if they've been fumigated.

NZ Agriculture doesn't need any Wisconisin cheese weevels down here chewing up our cows!

rd

#4693 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Any interest in trading a RZLE plus some cash for an excellent condition Big Bang Bar?
PM me.

I'd consider a straight swap. Maybe.

rd

4 weeks later
#5016 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Ben Heck Show on the road in Berlin!
Anybody know if there's any pinball in this town?

I think they need to clear those trees off the train track ...

rd

#5051 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

I 2nd that and tons of electronics are made in china anyway. Yeah they could go out and put in a $$$ amp but if they did things like that get ready for hobbit pricing

At the end of the day, that amp is all a pinball machine needs. You could go put a $5000 Class A valve amp in there if you want, but what's the point?

Sorta like putting fancy $300 speakers in a Stern pin and having them being driven by the standard 4w Stern amp.

rd

3 weeks later
#5343 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

At Charlie's age, it's what's known as a romantic evening.

Depends on the alcohol consumption.

rd

#5363 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Another bug report: Game was in adult mode, adult mode was then turned off, very first game after adult mode was turned off had the opening call out of, "Go to hell mother fucker".

"Ahhhh ... That went well" lol

rd

#5402 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

The kind of messages this seller quoted as "nasty and scathing" - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-americas-most-haunted-spooky-pinball-2014-2018
Pinside can be a very unpleasant place to sell games, I personally try to keep my sales as low key as possible. I anticipate the first game listed for sale of something incredibly rare to quickly go viral and spawn the hate of many toxic community members.

You can just not tick the box to make it a thread ... So there will be no discussion. It'll just be a marketplace ad.

If you get a PM you don't like, just delete it. No need to even respond.

Or just do a Lady Kaneda Slingshot and stick it on EBay for $13,000 or best offer.

Nice one!

For others information, WaddleJrJr is like 18 years old, #300 ranked pinball player on IFPA, and runs his own arcade. Props!

rd

#5451 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Okay, I was bored and put up a market ad. Please don't kill me
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/36510

Lady Kaneda would be proud.

rd

1 week later
#5566 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

they'll just go catch a Pokemon

God help us all ...

rd

4 weeks later
#5816 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes, I'd like a drunk multiball too!

You have one every night at your house!

rd

3 weeks later
#6005 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Was it truly under priced? I don't think many people realize that a fully upgraded LE was over $7k shipped. That's over $1k more than AMH. A handful of machines selling on the secondary market is very different from selling out an entire run from the factory.

I agree ... I think the RRP is right on the sweet spot. And the quantity of games made as well.

As I discussed with Ben when he was down here a few months back, IMO its better to have 300 games sold and money in the bank, especially for a start up company. Money in the bank is golllllldddddddddd.

Just like Big Eno's word. Hey, when is the Smokey and the Bandit pin being made? Best movie everrrrrrrrrr

rd

http://www.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/8a0522a6-92d0-47ee-9a75-4b8d75593cef

1 week later
#6105 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

At a dollar a play it'll be paid off in 30 months? 60 months if you're splitting with the house. I don't see how operators stay in business but kudos to you for doing so.

Yeah, I was going to ask, is it set at $1 per game?

253 games in a month means about 8-9 a day. Not exactly heavy use, most of the HUO guys here probably play theirs more than that.

Buying Routed might be better than buying HUO here ...

rd

#6121 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I'm going to play around with the fonts today to see if I can get something a little less "mainframe'ish"

From a distance (of 12,000 miles..) and not having played the game yet, the fonts are one of the only things I don't like the look of. As someone said, I want to type CMD something. Lol

Pleaasssse no comic sans.

rd

#6123 3 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Does anyone else find their power supply to be extra loud? It is by far the loudest sound in my house. All my other 7 Pins are silent and this RZ idles like the f'n dragula. I might have a lemon power supply.

The new Stern Spike games make a racket too.

rd

#6136 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I have a test video of another font being used
https://www.facebook.com/FawzmaGames

How about the "calibrating" font on the first video on your Facebook page?

rd

#6157 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

one more.. 5 fixed and 1 changed

Top work. Huge difference.

rd

#6201 3 years ago

My guess - Alice Cooper.

But two music pins in a row? Maybe something else between them.... Or is that Dominos? Hmmmm

With the death of Lemmy, a Motörhead pin would be a good idea for a 500 pin run.

rd

#6204 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

She's a friend of mine and I'm sure it would be no problem.

Not wearing your usual shirt in that photo, Ted?

rd

#6209 3 years ago

Shhhhh don't mention the J word ....

rd

#6222 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I'm still trying to set aside enough to take the family to Kiwi Pincade in the next year or two.

It's the grail of pinball events!

Public announcement regarding 2017 Pincade - it's the 10 year anniversary, it'll be March 2,3,4,5. System11 World Champs will be on Sunday at my place.

Airfares to NZ are dirt cheap at the moment due to United and American Airlines flying here again. And Hawaiian. And Air NZ. So there's a huge price war on. Cheapest time ever to come.

rd

#6226 3 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Gary Stern was the special guest last year, how about we get Kayte to tranquilise Charlie and fly him over for the meet?

Ben Heck has already been here, but he missed Pincade by a few weeks.

My beer fridge has only just recovered. Almost every beer shop within walking distance was emptied out of beer. Never seen anything like it.

rd

IMG_0435 (resized).JPG

#6248 3 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Yes, they do and some might say even better as the keep the legs away from the cabinet all together

Yep, the metal "spacers" make any other "protectors" redundant. You don't need them any more. The spacers are the way to go, especially for decalled cabinet art.

rd

2 weeks later
#6350 3 years ago

Look! There's my Spooky pins!

rd

IMG_3322 (resized).PNG

#6352 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

That's pretty awesome tracking it through the Panama Canal. How long from there? Two weeks?

Total trip from New Jersey to Auckland is 3-4 weeks (depending on what stops it makes) Boat is due in Port 2nd November.

As opposed to Los Angeles to AKL which is only 10 days direct.

I have the Offical NZ Spooky Pinball Reveal Party (with IFPA Comp) booked in for the 3rd of December. . November was already all booked up, so 3rd December it is!

It'll be the first chance for anyone in NZ to play a Spooky pin (that I'm aware of ..) I have stood right next to AHM but I have never played one yet.

rd

#6356 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Dave when you play AMH I'm sure you'll agree that it's one of the top two best ghost-hunting games available.

Oh yeah, I already know that.

rd

#6379 3 years ago

Lets play the "where are RD's Spooky pins today?" game!

In Ecuador! Loading up bananas for hungry kiwis to eat!

rd

pins 13 oct 2 (resized).jpg
pins 13 oct (resized).jpg

#6388 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

When I get back to shop I'll zip everything up and make it available tonight.

I wish some of the other pin manufacturers could follow this work ethic ...

rd

4 weeks later
#6607 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Who got game #186?

I dunno! But 74 is in New Zealand!

I set it up at 7 degrees for a wild ride. The game was totally out of control for the first few games, but after say 20-30 it has calmed down a little so we can get some good gameplay going.

I explained it to a couple of my buddies as "like Stars on steroids!" Imagine Crazy Levi holding a 1 ball tournament on a RZ!

So far I had worked out most of the modes just as the video above describes. Ive worked out the best way for me to make my balls last longer (cough cough..)

So far I've got to two games in the 40m mark and I think both were 5-6 modes completed. The modes are cool and innovative if you can use your skills to keep the ball in play long enough. Compare the modes to the ones in Ghostbusters for example, there's just no comparison.

Quality is A1. I've heard some guy who has a podcast say the quality isn't there. Well, again he is just showing his ignorance. Lots of quality Pinball Life parts like BW Lock bars and rails, the build quality is as good as anything I have seen. I particularly like how the cabinet decals are applied to the cabinet, I presume they must be applied to the timber before assembly? They wrap around the corners of the cabinet sweetly. Plywood cabinet bottom too!

I can totally understand that this style of gameplay isn't for everyone. This game is more like Black Hole on steroids rather than Game of Thrones. If you've never experienced the ass kicking that a 70s/80s SS machine can give you, you might get a little frustrated/humiliated when you can't get anywhere. But hone your skills and you will get to experience all the modes, and I guarantee you'll have a fun time.

rd

IMG_3725 (resized).JPG

#6610 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Less pitch makes it more "wild." This game is all about slings and side-to-side action, too much pitch negates some of that.

I concur ... I checked again and it is at 6.7 ... AMH is at 7. Old age scrambles my memory. And beer.

Mind you, half a degree on this thing won't make much difference .. the pops and slings will still smash the balls into oblivion wherever it's set.

rd

#6620 3 years ago

I tell you what ... once you get a handle on RZ and can harness the ball as much as possible, and exploit the rules as much as possible, it's pretty awesome.

It makes "fast" games like Ironman seem like IronSlow.

Pretty addictive!

Although I'm pissed that I haven't got 1000 corpses yet ... I got 997 and 985 haha.

3 scores in the 40mills, haven't got to the wizard mode yet. But I've only had it a few days, good things take time ....

rd

#6622 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

...sounds like pinball...

On roids...

rd

#6628 3 years ago

Well, it took me almost a week to get to Hellbound. Didn't finish it though.

I tell you what, my arms need a massage after this one. Oooooooffff!!

Finally completed 1000 corpses with 1050 corpses which gives you good points.

Game is factory settings so it gave me a couple of extra balls as I completed the modes.

Has anyone completed Hellbound legitimately?

PS there's a good NZ scary movie called Housebound ... check it out. Came out last year. Just popped into my mind when I typed Hellbound.

rd

IMG_3738 (resized).JPG

IMG_3736 (resized).JPG

#6632 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I had a feeling those extra balls would get someone to HB. It takes about 20 minutes to get there with the glass off and hitting all the shots you need. I am not surprised your arms are sore.
Good job, now to make it harder Once I'm done with the last couple modes on Dom, I'll move back to RZ, and finish up HB

I would think it took me 30-40 mins to get to HB. That's a guess but it was a fair while. I know it took 3 goes at Demoniod to complete it (thank f it saves progress, that petrol tank roll over is tricky to get!) and I think What took a few goes (sometimes the VUK feeds the ball down past the flipper and you can't get to hit it at all and you get nooooothingggg)

I don't think I would make it any harder. TBH I don't think it was an easy task to get there. Game is hard enough as it is.

If people could get to the wizard every couple of games (like some pins) then yeah, make it harder. I don't think that's the case with RZ.

rd

#6635 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I would say that you are better than the average player also .

Now I have my "old man" reading glasses, and can actually see the ball properly, I'm getting better and better!

rd

#6638 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I must be worse than I thought,that game is tough and reaching hell is an amazing feat,I don't care if it is made harder or kept the same ,I will never see hell

Don't feel too bad, I don't think it is going to be a daily occurrence... this game is as tough as hell.

Use the CHOP as much as possible .. if RZ didn't have the CHOP ball save then nobody would get anywhere. Keep it ready to go (three lights lit) and get ready to flick it to the outline as required when the ball goes screaming in that direction.

SDTM aren't toooooo bad on RZ but sometimes they scream down there pretty fast, and you're cooked.

One question for Fawzma, what's the ramp champ based on? Because I must have hit the ramp 100 times in that game and the ramp champ isn't 100.

rd

#6640 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wtf old man.
Keep the updates coming RD. I'd rather hear a gameplay update from your daughter whom I'm sure kicks your ass on a daily basis.

Not on RZ ... so far anyway. Lol!

rd

#6643 3 years ago
Quoted from Danni_NZ:

but I really really really don't enjoy adult mode. The cussing doesn't do much for me

To clarify ... I only just put it on Adult mode, then very first game with it on, I got the 166m.

I forgot to tell Danni and she's like "the game said very bad words!" Hahaha!

Mind you, nothing she hasn't heard before ....

rd

#6649 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

A good player will easily abuse CHOP ball save

I'd prefer the word "utilise" ...

If that was turned off, good luck getting to the wizard. It's really the only thing in the players favour in an otherwise totally brutal game. And it still takes a fair bit of skill to "utilise" it well ... it's not a given.

rd

#6653 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Also I find unlike williams where you can switch the unlit lane over and collect it when the ball is on the switch RZ seems more sensitive and the unlit lane must be there before the ball hits the switch making it harder to collect on a fast drain which is a good thing dosent make it too easy

I've always thought that 90s onwards BW and Sterns seem to have a small "delay" built in to the programming for the switch hits.

Sometimes I'm 99% sure I have missed a skill shot roll over or inlane (moved the lane a little too late) and the game awards it.

rd

1 week later
#6681 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I couldn't find a way to shut that off, though it seems to suggest it should only do it daily, but it keeps registering scores as the lowest even if they aren't. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

The worse scorer of the day has to register their initials.

rd

#6699 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

is the shaker well implemented or not really necessary?

The sub shakes the game plenty ...

Maybe others with a shaker might want to weigh in.

rd

#6716 3 years ago

Some pics from the Spooky Pinball Launch Party here at my apartment tonight.

The first taste of the Spooky games for most of these kiwis and the reviews are overwhelming positive.

rd

IMG_3842 (resized).JPG

IMG_3841 (resized).JPG

IMG_3843 (resized).JPG

#6722 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Anyone have a loose lockedown bar on their Zombie? Any recommendations on adjusting it?

It's a BW mech. Sometimes they can take a bit of stuffing around to make them 100%. Screw the brass screws down to make the bar fit tighter. Do it like 1/2 turn each screw at a time (both the same) and trial fit it.

Too many turns ... won't lock down. Too loose .. all floppy.

rd

#6723 3 years ago

After we finished the Comp last night, a few guys hung around to play some more RZ.

JohnBoy was smashing a multiball and a ball disappeared. I thought it was around the back loop so I'm tilting the machine over to get it out ... nothing ...

Turns out it was jammed up under the mini playfield! Sitting up on top of the metal guides. 1/1000 chance of that happening I'd think ...

rd

IMG_3845 (resized).JPG

#6725 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Need to go play it some more to knock off the high scores centerflank put up .

Factory reset.

rd

#6733 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

So excited! I finally got to play a RZ on the west coast in Concord. It was a blast to play.
I left a full detailed review with the pros and cons...
It has the most ball action I think I've ever experienced in a pinball game... You snooze, you lose!
-mof
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/rob-zombies-spookshow-international/ratings

Good review MOF ...

One thing though, you say:

>Orbits (Repeatable): very good. you can repeat left orbit to right flipper like high speed. This impressed me.

Left orbit should go to the mode start Hole and start a mode. Unless you are referring to the inner orbit ...

The mini playfield is used a lot ... when you start a mode every ball goes up there and does something .. either
- increase jackpot X
- a complete mode (WHAT)
- part of the mode (demonoid)

The feed from the VUK can be mean though ... it'll bounce off the guide and miss the flipper sometimes. . I had to start WHAT 3 times last night before I got to hit the ball with the mini flipper. All part of the skill/luck balance ...

rd

#6735 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I play like it's still 1981... What is this "mode" you modern humans speak of? I just enjoy making shots. I prefer to let the pleasure of the shots and the inserts guide me...
-mof

I thought that was the case.

You referenced Black Hole ... I describe RZ to people as Black Hole on Steroids.

Seriously, the modes are where it's at. If you just want to bash it around you can add a ball as you said (living dead girl) and get the main MB going (house of 1000 corpses) but playing the modes is the way to go. Give it a go next time you've got a chance to play it.

rd

#6772 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They definitely still happen. No bob in the one I play and it phantom warns you all the time.

Can't say I've ever seen that ...

As NorCal says, maybe check the other switches in the row.

rd

#6774 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

everything going on, and not drain any balls. This might even be a nice option to select on purpose too, but for now I think something is amiss

Check your shooter lane switch. Launch should fire as soon as a ball lands on it.

rd

#6795 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

If you aren't having the problem I would not worry about it. But if you want to know you can look if the cabinet I/o and solenoid cables are bundled together.

Stern had a similar issue with Tron LE and Xmen LE ... they were some of the first Stern games with factory LEDs and they flickered badly from time to time.

This was fixed by removing the LED cables from the wiring loom and leaving them away from the bundle of wires. Obviously something was causing interference on the wires and setting off the LEDs.

rd

1 week later
#6852 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I have finally completed all the modes

I got all excited when I read that and thought you'd got to the Wizard!

Agree that Demonoid is the hardest, especially the right hand rollover on the upper playfield. Miss it and you gotta shoot the ball back up again!

rd

#6854 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

It's awesome that you made it there Dave this game is tough .

I might set up the video camera and see if I can do it again. I love a challenge.

rd

#6860 3 years ago
Quoted from Artimage:

o I've had #163 in my house for just over a week and just hit 100 plays. Also, I appear to be living in the future since my code version is v16.

Cool that you have one Lucus!

You made some good comments ..

- with the mode score, I also noticed that and passed it on to Fawzma. I don't know if the displayed mode score is wrong (seems to be high to me) or it isn't adding correctly. But they definitely don't correlate.
- extra ball lights after 2 (?) completed modes. And again after 6 I think. As well as if you can fluke the skill shot. I got two in one game yesterday which was amazing. I rarely get any!
- WHAT .. no progress saved. But I like the randomness of the upper PF, it would be way too easy if the ball just dropped on to the flipper every shot. I had to hit the PF like 4 times yesterday to finish the WHAT mode, which is challenging. Even more challenging to shoot the ball back up there again and get the jackpots while you're juggling your balls (fnrrrrr fnrrrrr) down the bottom.
- lock - maybe check your switch in the mini loop? Ball might be skipping over it and not registering. I haven't had that issue so I don't think it is a software one.
- left flipper - agree, but a lot of games are like that. I hit the ramp and roll it over to the right and go for mode start again.

Enjoy your game! Fun times for alllllllllll!

PS I still haven't read that book you gave me. The movie will come out before I have ... I'm hopeless. Lol

rd

#6862 3 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

I got to play Dave's zombie today. I've had a bunch of pins over the years so here's my quick take on it.

Downtown Brown in the house!

rd

#6868 3 years ago
Quoted from Artimage:

As for the book, your loss. It is awesome and you'd love it.

I bet! I only just figured out why I had stopped reading books ... my eyes had gone to shit. My far vision is great but close up, everything was blurry. It happened so gradually, I didn't even notice.

So now I have my new "reading" glasses and my pinball playing has improved out of sight (pun!) And reading isn't a chore any more.

Old people .. go get your eyes checked.

rd

#6908 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't you get more switch hits keeping balls active off the 4 slings and 3 pops than letting them drain for a single switch in the trough

You'd get like 8 hits for a drain ... 7 trough switches and the shooter lane.

But yeah, it'd be best to keep smashing them around the PF for more hits.

rd

#6913 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

It's tough to get 1,000 corpses on one trip to the house

Yep, I think I've only done it 2-3 times. Usually it seems to end at 700ish.

Thank heavens it saves progress.

rd

#6932 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

when the door closes, the switch makes a momentary transition from pulled out to pushed in, and in the dead zone of the switch drops the flipper and drains my ball

Put the ball in the shooter lane instead.

Don't worry about keeping the door switch out ... let it turn off the coils as per usual. Put the glass back on and the lock bar, and when you close the door the shooter cool will fire the ball back into play.

rd

#6934 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Good idea....I'm so used to pulling out the coil switch which of course would launch the ball I've just done the flipper cradle. But obviously your way is better!

And trying to hold one flipper button, put the glass on and put the lockbar on all at the same time is an exercise in gymnastics at best ...

rd

#6942 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

LDG girl doesn't feel like a mode at all (I know it 's not polished yet). It's mostly a distraction from the game right now IMO as it starts when I'm trying to accomplish something else, then I can't continue my goal.

Don't hit the LDG targets and it won't start.

If you do hit the targets and it starts, either:
A/ play and take the points because points are good
B/ let the second ball drain

Can't see a huge issue with it to be fair ..

rd

#6944 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I understand those options. Of course we should never feel like (B) is an option.

Over in XMen land, we used to have similar discussions about completed modes restarting. ie you can complete Cyclopes, light his insert solid, and start the mode again down the track.

So some people would moan about how they only had Beast mode to complete and they started Cyclopes. My answer was always the same ... why are you hitting Cyclopes then? It's nowhere near Beast ... On XMen you can always time the modes out if you wanted to.

Personally if I had started Cyclopes I'm always going to play it because it will give me a few million points. And points are good.

With LDG you could use the multiball to collect Cards towards the Murder Ride for example. Or just keep spamming the ramp for more glorious points.

rd

#6956 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

This game might be one of the best " just one more game" games ever

You got that right Doug!

Good score!

rd

2 weeks later
#7081 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Had a decent game last night...only demenoid kept me from reaching hellbound again. However was surprised score was only around 45 million. Not sure if mode achievements allow for higher scores or if it's just better to concentrate on a few modes for scores...what say the experts?

Seems really low. Did you get your 1000 corpses? 1000 corpses seems to add a lot to the score (my guess, around 20m)

Also, a lot of the modes ... when you complete them you can increase the value of the jackpot either at the LDG targets (when multiball is running) or on the upper PF (at the start) You really want to do this as base value for the jackpots is only like 30k so you want to max that out and then loop that ramp 100s of times.

rd

1 week later
#7116 2 years ago
Quoted from rask4p:

feels like living dead girl can slow you down from making progress in the game

Don't hit it?

rd

#7119 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Easier said than done with the thing you want to hit right next to it.

Maybe .. but you have to hit the two targets multiple times to start it. That's quite a few misplaced shots ...

Mind you, I don't focus on the main MB in this game, I am working on the modes.

rd

2 weeks later
#7248 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Does anyone know the game update process and can speak/write Japanese?

Tappubiru kudasai! Arigato!

(Tap beer please!! Thanks!)

That's my limit.

rd

#7252 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Ha ha ! Nice , how many languages can you say that in Dave?

A few.

But luckily, "beer" is pretty much a universal word.

rd

#7253 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

As for scoring tweaks, it seems like if I want big scores, all I do is go after the Add-a-Ball mode (and 1000 corpse multiball). Personally I think the add-a-ball mode should not be able to restart once it is completed unless you complete some other objective. There seems to be very little incentive to go after the other modes if you want the biggest point scores

This got me thinking ... so I put it to the test.

Ball one - start LDG (aka add a ball), have a good one, light the insert solid, let the last ball drain ... score with bonus 10.8m. So fair guess at a good LDG = 9m

Second ball - straight up the left orbit, start Superbeast, no upper PF multipliers (passed the flipper!) lots of looping, light the insert solid, let the last ball drain ... score with bonus = 22m. So fair guess at a good Superbeast = 9m.

Third ball - straight up the left orbit, start Dragula, no upper PF multipliers, get multiball going, have an average MB, let the last ball drain, final score 30m. Fair guess at shitty Dragula, 6m.

I would say that the LDG and Superbeast modes would have been similar in terms of game time ... and the scores were around the same.

I always play through the modes, personally.

The only thing in RZ that adds lots of points is 1000 corpse completion. That seems to add about 20m at my guesstimate.

rd

IMG_4264 (resized).JPG
IMG_4266 (resized).JPG
IMG_4265 (resized).JPG

#7255 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Dave,
In last image was the score simply to big? Perhaps I need to show MILS.

Nah, just iPhone camera caught it as it was moving. Looked 100% sweet to the eye.

rd

#7257 2 years ago
Quoted from Dutts:

agree in regards to LDG. Once it is complete it should not restart without qualifying something else first or the number of hits to restart it should increase dramatically

Not a bad idea. Like Wolverine on XMen.

First time to start him, it's like 6 hits. Second time, it's 13 hits (from memory) Third time, it's like 25!

Another idea would be, maybe completing Murder Ride allows you to start LDG again. That would give some point to Murder Ride, and slow down the repeat LDG guys.

rd

#7260 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

But living dead girl is alot safer and easier to get to, plus missed 1000 corpes shots progress you into ldg

When you get to Hellbound you gotta do the lot, champ!

It'd be a pretty f**king boring game if all you ever did was play LDG all the time ... sorta like only playing Iron Monger on Ironman all the time.

rd

#7262 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Very true... but what it your not a very good player like me for example and its a challenge just to start 1000 corpses lol.

I can understand that. Even starting a mode up the left orbit can be tricky, let alone completing it.

I will do a gameplay video sometime in the next few weeks, I'm just over in Aussie at the moment.

rd

#7324 2 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

It is almost like the switch needs to be a different shape as it seems to get stuck on the high point of the switch and the start of the slit in the PF.

You could probably replace it with a Stern type switch with a rounded lever.

rd

IMG_4283 (resized).JPG

#7334 2 years ago

An opto would be the correct answer if you're going to have one. No playfield slot or switch to get the ball hung on.

I think you'd find 99% of orbits use a normal switch, no different to RZ.

I think the switch is too high spring tension, and the lever type doesn't help.

I am pretty sure I have a new stern type round lever switch at home, I'll grab it in the weekend and swap it over and see what happens.

rd

#7354 2 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I had to cancel my RZ preorder for personal reasons
Mailed Spooky, got my refund the next week.
I did not have to send a second email or reminder.
No lame excuses from Spooky, no delay...
Go Spooky.
Wish I could have have stayed on board. I know I would have loved that game.

I'm sure if you ask them nicely they can still hook you up with one .....

rd

1 week later
#7454 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I think you'd find 99% of orbits use a normal switch, no different to RZ.
I think the switch is too high spring tension, and the lever type doesn't help.
I am pretty sure I have a new stern type round lever switch at home, I'll grab it in the weekend and swap it over and see what happens.
rd

Apologies on the delay ... I've been getting pins ready for Pincade.

I didn't have a round switch in my stash, unfortunately.

So today I pulled out the stock lock switch and had a look.

No different in spring tension to the other switches I have. A round wire would definitely be better imo but I played with the stock one with my long nose pliers for a while, and got it working sweetly.

Played 4 games concentrating on locks and didn't get any hangups back there.

If I didn't live at the ass end of the planet I would have ordered some round wire Stern type switches, but alas, I am, so we make do with what we have.

rd

PS pic is of the work in progress, switch ended up looking a little different.

IMG_4352 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#7529 2 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

but limited to one CHOP save a ball.

Don't you ever want to see Hellbound?

rd

1 week later
#7606 2 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

I've had this wrapped in my garage since Nov,

You have a lot of self restraint.

rd

#7611 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Its slowly creeping my way. 298. Can't wait. Keep updating with your machine numbers so we can continue to see the progress.
chris

Chris's arcade collection continues to grow in awesomeness!

rd

#7627 2 years ago

Another RZ headed for NZ!!

Thanks to whoever cancelled.

You missed out ... and kiwis won.

\m/

rd

#7632 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Most of this is very true... I feel sorry for people that don't get a chance to own this machine and miss out.
After the first night I brought this machine into my appt. things have gone strange/spooky.
1. The next day, after I came home from a long day at work my television was on by itself with Love and Hip Hop: Atlanta playing. I have never watched this show in my life and somehow my TV set was on and this was playing when I opened my door (The pinball machine was in the same room). No one had entered my place since I secured it before work and I sensed no compromised breach in the residence. F..n crazy
2. When my girl came by later that night she demanded that I put the machine on adult mode. F..n crazy
3. On the 2nd day the owners of the building just happened to be doing an appraisal/inspection and would not set foot in my place even after I invited them in. They gave me a measuring tape and asked me a few questions and did not want to step foot into the appt. F..n crazy

Beware the power of the Superbeast ....

rd

1 week later
#7724 2 years ago

I was able to get 36 million points which was a new high for me. I believe there were 5 modes completed, but I got excited and didn't pay enough attention at the end. Which got me thinking it'd be nice at the end of the game if when showing the score it would also scroll what percent of which modes were completed. That'd be a nice feature that I think would be a little unique.

Good effort completing 5 modes, but you should be getting way higher scores after all that work.

(Were the modes complete? Could you choose them again when the mode menu came up?)

Check out this post and see how I worked out some point scoring.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/146#post-3585808

Going on that, and chucking in some LDG multiballs, you should be around 60-80m I reckon.

rd

1 week later
#7815 2 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I played a bunch of games on this tonight during league night and while I still don't understand how to really play it... I had a LOT of fun trying to figure it out! It really does not play or feel like anything else out there. Fuckin' love it.

Nice one!

Once you learn the rules, its even better.

Not every game needs to be a cookie cutter fan layout ...

rd

#7882 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I think what I have to do is make LDG progressive. Because once its beat, it takes more hits of those targets to get it started.
Or, once the mode end, don't let it start again unless you complete some other task

To encourage playing modes, make LDG available again after a mode is completed.

Or, to make it even better, after starting a mode, make LDG available so you can stack them together.

Stacking shit is cool.

rd

#7885 2 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

What is the general consensus on RZ and TWD? I've currently got TWD Pro but have been toying with the idea of selling it to buy RZ. I've played RZ only one time so not enough to really get a good feel for it. Figured I'd ask here seeing as I've gone through the thread and there are quite a few people with both in here.

Both totally different games.

Like comparing chalk and cheese.

TWD is now one of the better coded machines ever made. Lots of competitive players call it their favourite game.

RZ is Black Hole on Steroids, with modern modes.

Both games will whoop your ass.

I have them next to each other, they complement each other nicely.

rd

#7948 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

In the 60 million range. I think H1KC is the most lucrative mode if you can stay alive long enough.

Here's something to aim for.

rd

IMG_5652 (resized).JPG

#7950 2 years ago

That's the score when I did Hellbound.

I have another couple around the 100m, from memory 90m and 120m? (I'm away from the game for now..)

I haven't shot the video I said I was going to, as I knew the new code was coming so it would have been obsolete.

rd

#7953 2 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Damn RD! That's an awesome score! Still loving the game so far?

Yes, I think it is very cool.

What was very surprising to me (and I told Charlie this) was that I thought all the kiwi pinheads would prefer AMH to RZ, as AMH is a great game and much more standard Bally/Williams style as opposed to the crazyness of RZ.

But I was wrong .. they all love RZ (well, I haven't heard anyone say they don't...) Every time I have a pin meet at my apartment, I get texts saying "can't wait to play RZ again!"

I even imported another one for my buddy John. It's on the way to NZ as we speak. So we will have 2x RZ in NZ, probably the highest per capita rate of RZs in the world ... 1 RZ for every 2.25 million people haha!

Actually Australia has 10x RZs I think ... and 24.5m people so that's 1 RZ for every 2.45 million so it's pretty close ...

Actually, thinking about it I guess I am wrong, USA is 310,000,000 people divided by say 280 RZ = 1 for every 1.1m people.

My theories have been blown out of the water. By myself.

That's what thinking on the fly gets you.

rd

#7954 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

That score is invalid without the Apron of Destiny photobombing.

The AOD is now in NZ and will be active again soon.

rd

#7956 2 years ago
Quoted from fugus:

Its just fun!!!

And that's pinball should be.

rd

#7987 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I have gotten a ball lock a few times without the drop down and noticed something briefly on the screen in red typed letter sentences, but I've never been able to slow things down to read it.
Has anyone else noticed this and figured out what it says?

It says something like:

FU#%*!!
DIRTY POOL!!!

rd

#7991 2 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

I think it says 'You cheated you f$#@! Dirty pool!' or something like that.

Yeah that's it!

rd

2 weeks later
#8111 2 years ago

Hobbit bores the crap out of us. There is just almost nothing exciting about playing it; monotonish calls out, most shots seem hap hazard, you can't tell when you've actually completed something

Couldnt agree more. Just boring.

Played the one at Nicklerama ... me and Danni walked away from it on ball 3.

Had to play one in a Comp at Kickback Cafe. Suffers from the same problem as WOZ, a new player has NO IDEA what to do. You can't read all the tiny writing on the screen when you're playing.

If you have one and you like it, sweet .. I just can't get into it.

rd

#8115 2 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Just to clarify I wasn't talking about RZ. It was TH that bored me to death..

We figured that out when you said it was a 40 minute game. Average game time on RZ is more like 4 minutes.

rd

#8117 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

You know where's there is one you can come and play anytime.

That's the Aussie spirit!!

rd

#8123 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

In it's current form doubt I would ever see Hellbound.

Oh, meant to say I got to HB again the other day.

Only got about a minute or two in. Fawzma says HB mode will be rewritten anyway, so no point talking through it.

I haven't been playing RZ much with being overseas etc. I'm still enjoying the game when I can play it.

rd

#8146 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Emailed Charlie and had to wait a whole 5 minutes for him to write back

5 minutes!! The customer service has gone to shit over in Benton!

Quite a common problem. Same thing happens on Indiana Jones under the Path of Adventure.

Re the modes, I'll always go Superbeast, Dragula first .. gets the ramp shot dialled in for the game. Then What. They are the three easiest modes.

rd

#8151 2 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

So I did this and it has helped a ton. Still a tough shot but I now feel like it isn't impossible. Thanks!

What I'd suggest ...

Take the glass off.

Start a game.

Grab the ball.

Cradle it on your right flipper.

Shoot for the left orbit over and over again. Just practice the shot over and over till you can make it consistently.

Pinball is no different to baseball or football. You gotta practice to get better.

Machines like RZ and XMen (tight shots) will make you a better player long term.

rd

#8167 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I severely doubt V20 is anywhere near final

It's not ... lots more coming.

(Don't ask me how I know ...).

rd

#8170 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Well I will trust what RD says, sounds like spooky is committed to this title, good to hear.

Ooooooh nice to be trusted.

Lots more stuff to come ... Fawzma is on to it.

rd

1 week later
#8285 2 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

You lift ti by lifting the front - sliding the whole thing forward until it stops, then lifting all the way up and resting it gently back on the head box. It will be at an angle that stops if from falling forwards then. There is no kickstand - those things are on older games and were terrible.

And don't forget to either remove the balls first, before lifting ... or stuff a rag down the hole to stop them coming out.

rd

#8301 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

What do you think these would cost if it was a stern add on?

IMG_5983 (resized).JPG

#8333 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's time to work on RZ code and listen to Meatloaf!

Work like a Bat out of Hell!

rd

#8363 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

This talk reminds me a lot of doom2 multiplay mode. I remember calling up buddies and direct dialing their computer to play

Man, that was the shit back in the day.

Me and my younger brother used to blow the shit out of each other over the 56k modem lol

I think we used to play Duke Nukem too? It's been a while ...

rd

#8370 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

when you aren't in a main mode and you clear the top right lightning targets, a timer starts to get you to shoot the left ramp. shoot left ramp and into vuk to collect lightning bonus.

What points is that worth?

rd

#8374 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

By this logic evey JJP game lack excitment

Oh, you've played them then.

rd

#8381 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

"Thirty!" Wouldn't be nearly as interesting a callout as "Thiiirrrttyyy Miiilliioon!" :p

Lol!

"THHHHIRRRRRRRTTTTYYYYY........"

Classic!

rd

1 week later
#8432 2 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

I get so frustrated when i spell dragula and then cant get into video mode before draining the ball.

Go for multiball instead. Worth way more points.

rd

2 weeks later
#8514 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Some games just arnt designed for post pass. All depends where the slingshot are mounted

This is right, some games are near impossible. Can't recall if RZ is not ...

You can always use alternate methods. For example, if your ball is on RZ left flipper, shoot the ramp, lift the flipper and let the ball flow over to the right flipper.

rd

1 week later
#8558 2 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

you may get out of it without too much of a loss. I couldn't stomach the loss right now either

Get used to that ... I think you're going to see all games falling in price from now on (just like it used to be!) because the market is saturated with options.

Not only do you have multiple NIB options, you also have 1000s of tidy, restored used games competing for the same dollar.

So the days of buying any NIB game, and hopefully selling it for more than what you paid... I think those days are largely gone.

rd

#8572 2 years ago

Charlie and team are 100% committed to making RZ and all Spooky titles awesome games for their loyal customers.

New code looks awesome ... can't wait for the download.

There have been some Spooky nay-sayers on the forum and podcasts recently. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but some of the things they are saying are just wrong. I'm proud to be a Spooky customer and the products have been 100% reliable, first rate quality wise and always a blast to play, and the biggest hits whenever I have pinball parties at my apartment.

rd

IMG_6382 (resized).JPG

#8575 2 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

RZ, imho is a great game in that it allows the not very experienced player have fun

I would have thought the opposite, RZ will kick that players ass!!

However, if they know that the LDG targets will start a multiball, it's a good area of the PF to flail at.

I think in the new code, the LDG multiball will be gimped so you can't just play that all day long. You'll have to re-qualify it by playing a mode or something.

rd

#8578 2 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

My read on the price situation with RZ is that it is greatly influenced by the disproportionate number of speculators who got in on this pin solely on the idea of making big money on a quick flip.... etc

Yep, that's exactly what happened. another case of greed in action.

Now that Charlie is implementing the no-refund deposits, that should knock that on the head, hopefully.

What you say is right, RZs will fall into the collections of people who appreciate the game for what it is, and stay there long term.

rd

#8580 2 years ago