image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rask4p.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5595 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

It would be nice to have a program that could verify the contents of the SD card after the files have been copied over but I'm sure it would be more complicated than simply comparing checksums. I knew files could get fragmented on non-volatile memory the same as they do on a hard drive but I doubt I'd have anticipated that issue either. Glad you guys are getting the kinks out!

For my own knowledge, why wouldn't a checksum do the trick?

4 weeks later
#5864 7 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

I'm 295 so have a bit of time yet

I'm 291, I hear you! The good news is that we'll get a very polished machine

5 months later
#7115 7 years ago

I haven't had a chance to play a RZ yet, but I'm number 292. My opinion here is less than useless given that I haven't played it, but from watching streams it almost feels like living dead girl can slow you down from making progress in the game. Good points, I love the easy add a ball on a tough game, but you can't lock for house of a thousand corpses and it doesn't work with modes. It would be nice if there was another objective in the game to qualify for wizard mode, something that you could progress while in living dead girl, something like the killer cards, but it reaches deeper. Am I out to lunch?

Edit: I was thinking a bit about what the long term objective could be and a few things jumped out. First and foremost, loops seem like an obvious thing that could lead to something in the game. Many many pins have had loop rewards and counted your loops, but given the flow that this table has I think it would be really satisfying to get to something for 100 loops or whatever or to introduce a combo strategy. Could there be a 3-4 way combo that exploited the ramp? Could there be a combo that drops the house of 1000 corpses drop target for the last shot? Just some ideas.

Second would be like a robot boss battle or something based on pop hits. You rack up a lot of pops going to for living dead girl, this could be a nice thing to make you feel progression after bringing her back to life.

#7117 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Don't hit it?
rd

For sure, I'm just thinking it'll often go off when getting 1000 corpses and it would be nice to throw some additionally depth on the mode.

1 week later
#7212 7 years ago

Exciting stuff! I thought it would be Q3 before I had a chance of taking delivery on 291, but maybe it'll be sooner!

2 months later
#8049 7 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

I just finished a small batch of the Chicken & Gas sign lamps. They are now available for purchase on my website http://www.timspinballmods.com Price is $16.99.
Thanks,
Tim

I love this mod, I think it fits beautifully with the art style of the game! Any chance shipping to Canada could be less than the part?

#8064 6 years ago

Have we hit the 270's yet? 290's are so close I can taste it!

1 month later
#8487 6 years ago

Number 291 is home safe!

IMG_20170615_070344 (resized).jpgIMG_20170615_070344 (resized).jpg

Some early thoughts with 20 games or so:

-I get ball searched A LOT. Ball search kicks in when I'm trying to get a clean transfer to the right flipper, the code should only ball search when the flippers aren't being used.
-Shots are not as tough as I was expecting. I watched streams, but this is my first hands on with the game and the right orbit is not as tight as I was expecting.
-Why does the knocker go off twice for an extra ball, but once for a replay?
-Iiving dead girl is tons of fun. I love that it's easy to get an exciting multiball and new players will definitely dig it.

Can't wait for v20!

#8503 6 years ago

The 'O' in chop is giving me problems and I need to replace the LED. I think these are the Ablaze Premium Ghost Buster LEDs, but if someone can confirm, that would be great. Also, are there any recommendations on where to buy as a Canadian?

#8507 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If you have the upgraded LEDs from the factory they are these
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2560

I went with the upgraded LEDs, but the CHOP LEDs have a single emitter under a frosted dome on mine. Maybe there were some changes as the run went?

#8511 6 years ago

Any tips for getting a game to post pass better? I really want my RZ to have a crisp post pass given how much you can be punched for missing shots and right now mine does this goofy lob it up and then bounce it over thing. Flipper strength? Rubbers?

#8513 6 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Some games just arnt designed for post pass. All depends where the slingshot are mounted.
Have to stick to bounce pass and drop catch

I totally agree, but I saw the Pinball Undesirables stream and their machine did nothing but clean passes. Idk, I'm going to play with it this weekend and see if I can't get a better solution than what I have now.

#8526 6 years ago

I think I just heard a Ben Heck call out while I was bashing our favorite clown...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8545 6 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Happy to announce that RZ293 has just been delivered!
-Mike

Congrats dude! We're just on time for a big code release!

2 weeks later
#8872 6 years ago

Just ordered a Pin Stadium kit with UV flashers! I'll post some pictures when I get it installed!

#8902 6 years ago

I really like the infected mode as it is. I know that this isn't for everyone, but at some point score will be important for competitive play. If a person could repeatedly play What! over and over and over again without penalty, then you need to make one right orbit shot to play a risk free mode. I would also be fine if there was something like Mustang, where completed modes are not available to play again and mode pick up where you left off if they weren't completed. The other option would be to not be able to play a mode after completion and make it worthless until you do complete it, but honestly, I think the infected idea fits perfectly with how brutal this game is. It's more dramatic! Imagine PAPA finals and elimination rests on completion of an infected mode!

#8916 6 years ago

Ran into a weird error when I restarted mid game by holding the start button. The new game started without music and the display as shown in the attached.

IMG_20170724_195218 (resized).jpgIMG_20170724_195218 (resized).jpg

#8925 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

What version are you running?

v20, infected mode is off.

#8928 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

This mystery plastic piece came off during a game the other night. I first saw it towards the center of the playfield then it slid down towards the flippers. I looked over the PF and couldn't find where it came from. I'm sure it doesn't matter that much but I'm curious now. Anybody have an idea what it's from? It's maybe 1/4" wide

I bet it's the bottom left tab on the Rob Zombie plastic on top of the ramp! Mine broke off in the first week.

1 week later
#8962 6 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

What are the best strategies for tournament play for v.20? (i.e. how do you rack up the most points as quickly as possible)

Ball 1/2 I think you need to avoid playing H1KC because it's dangerous and you would likely leave corpses for another player to collect. You really have two options, go modes (almost certainly What! first because it's safe) or go Living Dead Girl and try to get one or two H1KC locks to set up for the option on ball 3 if you need to cash in some serious points. If you feel confident about the right orbit, red hot is relatively safe, but stepping up to a machine and planning on a right orbit may be a long shot.

3 weeks later
#9121 6 years ago

I have started having the switch issue too, are we sure it isnt related to v20? It seems like it manifested a bunch all of a sudden. That said it could just be the batch of switches we have in our machines.

#9124 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

I really feel it is a mechanical thing. I've ordered a few more switches and I'll try replacing my two inner lane switches, and the outer loop and see what happens. If it clears it up, I may just replace all the switches. There aren't that many and it annoys the crap out of me when a shot doesn't register.
I actually think this may be happening with my upkick to the mini playfield also. Sometimes the ball is sitting in there and the game doesn't see it, but it usually works just fine.

Sounds good! Keep us posted, I'll probably replace all of mine too if this is the issue.

#9127 6 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Not discounting the possibility of a mechanical issue, but if it were, I would think more would fail at some point. Also, I would think we would have heard more reports of mechanical switch failures. I only replaced the "inner orbit" switch with a Stern rollover because a slow moving ball would get hung up there.
I'm going to keep an eye on switches not triggering. Not always easy in this game.
Question for owners: Do you adjust the flipper and/or sling strength at all? Just curious. I'm thinking about adjusting the upper flipper strength, but I don't want to make it "too easy" to complete the 'What!' mode.

I have adjusted all of the switches on the slings to make them fire more easily, but solenoids are pretty much all stock power. I don't have a big airball problem and a 3x skill shot is possible. For the upper playfield, I don't find I've got a ton of ball speed when I complete the mode, so I wouldn't be able to reduce the power without causing problems.

3 weeks later
#9241 6 years ago

I'm in Vancouver for Flipout and some great person has brought their RZ out! Hopefully the operator can update the code so I don't have to wait until I'm home to try v21

2 weeks later
#9320 6 years ago

I'm really struggling with DCR since V20, it's sooooo easy to reset progress when you hit the 2 target because you have to be out of control at that point. Am I alone in thinking there should be something else going on with this mode given it requires you to get out of control twice before completion and it punishes random switch hits?

1 month later
#9556 6 years ago

Running v22 and I caught a small issue where I drained just as dragula multiball was starting. I got the call out for multiball, a ball plunged and then I was in single ball multiball for maybe 2 seconds before normal play resumed.

Also, it might be in my head, but I feel like I'm not getting enough balls back if I have a could of quick drains with ball save on. Tends to feel that way in h1kc, but it's hard to keep track with all the chaos.

1 month later
#9707 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Collecting 1,000 corpses is pretty tough and not all that exciting when you get there
I'd like some loud screaming and some in your face graphics, (maybe flashing lights ) when you get to 1,000 .

I can totally get behind this, right now you don't even realize you hit it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Wanted

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rask4p.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=rask4p and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.