sr17 (resized).jpg
R0010137 (resized).jpg
R0010139 (resized).jpg
R0010136 (resized).jpg
R0010127 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 8 years ago

I'm a Spooky distributor and I have had Soooky's products (AMH) at Allentown the last two years. PZFBTG was never at Allentown so you played something else you hated. Hopefully it wasn't in my booth - lol. : )

#284 8 years ago

Just a note on Charlie / KT and Spooky pinball...

A lot of bad shit has gone on in the hobby lately unfortunately. Spooky Pinball and their approach and commitment to things is really a refreshing way to do things - fairly, not greedy (although they are totally entitled to reap the rewards of their risk and hard work), honestly, transparent (no BS / hidden agenda), etc....

I have repeatedly seen these guys do the RIGHT thing by everyone... I'm just so happy as their friend to see them doing what they love - making pinballs for a living. KT now there full time. Charlie getting his dream theme of Rob Zombie... Unreal good karma for them...

From my point of view as their only distributor. Here is my history and insight... I was an early AMH buyer, got to know them, became a sponsor of the podcast and have a segment on the show each month, became a distributor for AMH, actively promoted the game for them to shows in the northeast to get it exposure so they didn't have to worry about cost to go there, etc... Then AMH sold out... We all knew the Rob Zombie game was going to sell out. They could have said, Joe, you know what you've been a great friend, but going forward we can do this ourselves and sell direct and cut me out. They didn't. In fact, they are getting inquiries from many others looking to be a distributor and they stood by me and said - you did right by us, were there when others weren't, you will remain our ONLY distributor. I got an allotment of games, not very many, but that's fine - they need to make money on the bulk to survive, it's all good. I'm happy to be on the team.

They could have said to all you guys - you know what we have a license now and need to charge $ 7,500 per game to cover that. They didn't. Why, I haven't asked yet, but would have seemed very reasonable. I think they just traded off Ben's part of AMH for Rob Zombie and felt they were still making enough to survive. They also did the right thing by again ensuring those that supported them early on as AMH buyers were guaranteed a spot. That was also the right call.

Charlie will stick to his word no matter what, right or wrong. He cut himself short on AMH stopping at 150, and I even tried to convince him to do more - he won't. I've tried to convince him he could charge more to build a deeper financial foundation for the company going forward - he won't. Same with the Rob Zombie game - he has a contract spelling out things, guys - it's not going to change. Is it perfect, no - there could be more LE's, more total games, but let's all please respect Charlie's decisions. Don't ruin the moment for him by second guessing. Let's thank him for the all the right decisions. They are made with the best intentions for his business, his family, and the pinball community.

My hat's off to him. I'm proud to be associated with Spooky. Not once in my business or personal relationship with him has this guy even bantered about doing something shady or self serving, and that's the truth. It's great to see what he's done RIGHT and succeeded at when others have failed so horribly.

And you can add Ben Heck to all of the above too.

Thanks Charlie, KT, and Spooky !

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

#323 8 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

I wonder if this launch was given any thought at all. I bought my AMH from Joe, so when I saw the announcement, I emailed Joe to secure my LE. He emailed back & said the I got a machine. Today I got an email from Joe asking if I was interesting in buying a RZ pin. I replied that I already received an email from him that said I was in on the LE. To which he responded that Spooky allocated them zero LE's so I was tough out of luck. So I'm out, there's no way I'm shelling out $6K get to get shoved to the back of the line after I thought I was getting an LE for two days.
I don't even know where to start with Joe. But Charlie, please, next time pick up the phone before announcing a product so that your (only) distributor knows what the heck your game plan is & doesn't result in screwed customers. If Joe had simply said, "no, you need to contact Spooky for an LE", then I would have been easily in time to get on the list. But now I'm unhappy & you lost a sale.

Fred...

I said you got 'A' machine because that's ALL I knew at that time based on Charlie's announcement and I specifically stated as such in my email - and I quote from my email :

'I will need to find out what they are doing with the LEs.'

At that time Sunday I had not spoken to Charlie and I didn't know the plan. I didn't know how many I was getting and of what variety. I specifically tried to not call, text, or email back ANY new non-AMH customers back because I didn't have the info. I told everyone to email me and I would get back to them strictly because I didn't have info. I was returning calls yesterday and today to new folks after I spoke to Charlie Monday AM. You on the other hand as an AMH customer I knew you were guaranteed 'A' game and I stated as such and then followed up with 'I need to find out about the LEs'... That does not equate to me guaranteeing you anything on an LE. I'm sorry you are disappointed and I am sorry there was a misunderstanding. Obviously that is not what we want. We were all busy and hectic and doing our best. It is what it is with the LE numbers and was not in my control. I am sorry for the miscommunication between us and if I wasn't specific enough with the above, but I certainly did not try to deceive you in any way if that is what you are alluding. Short emails back and forth vs a phone conversation can lead to wrong assumptions on both ends. I try hard to please everyone. Again my apologies it didn't happen in this case.

Joe

#341 8 years ago
Quoted from shakenbake:

Joe Newhart is an awesome dude. One of the best guys in pinball. Glad I've got to know him the past couple years.

Thanks man... You do your best that's all you can do. Most times it's enough.

Oh, and you'll be happy to know I've been on a buying spree stocking up on all the shit I keep borrowing from you each show... I got the pin lifter stand last week. However, i'm not buying a better power drill though, I'm just planning on stealing yours at York, or Replay FX if you are there. The one with the red duct tape... Start sleeping with it, that mothers mine ! : )

1 month later
#881 8 years ago

Spooky Fans : We are running our 2nd AMH Charity Raffle - win a sold out AMH for $ 100 ! Details at the link below :
Joe / PinballSTAR Amusements

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstar-americas-most-haunted-charity-raffle-2-now-open

2 months later
#1133 8 years ago

Ya ya, the translight is cool, but the real story of this picture is that KT had too much horror fun this weekend and what you don't see is she actually just drove a stake through a vampire's heart and is standing on him for this picture. We all know Charlie likes to only show you a part of stuff when he teases things... Folks, it's October and there's vampire killings going on in Benton - call CNN ! : )

Congrats Charlie and KT - looking forward to the pictures of Charlie crying when he met Rob... It's true it happened, cried like a baby and asked Rob to hold him.

: )~

2 months later
#1905 8 years ago

FINALLY !

BEST CABINET ART EVER ON ANY GAME, EVER. DID I SAY EVER ?

#1957 8 years ago

FYI - As Spooky's only distributor we too are sold out. We do also have a wait list - But please don't PM me here - Email [email protected] with 'Spooky Rob Zombie Wait List' in subject line please to help me keep track... But frankly, I don't have many games and I can't imagine anyone backing out. But just wanted to post here in one place so I don't have to answer the same question to 30 different emails...

BEST CABINET ARTWORK EVER ! (I'm just going to keep saying that....)

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements

#1961 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Can someone photoshop the game's title onto the side of the cabinet? Curious as to why they left it off...

Are you kidding ? Because it's F'N awesome the way it is... SMH

#1988 8 years ago

Can we get a HELL YEAH for Matt at Back Alley Creations for the incredible playfield sculptures ???

3 months later
#4368 8 years ago

Rob Zombie pics... I know there's a zillion out there, but I had Charlie remove the glass for sone close ups and I could not get over the level of detail in Matt's sculpts. Had to share.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

1 month later
#4802 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Oh man, that show looks badass. We have tickets to see him on the 22nd and Kayte told me over the phone today that my translite was going in the mail so I'm getting ready to strap on my groupie kneepads and get this fucker signed. Playing it at Allentown made the whole thing real and I can't wait for mine to get here. In the meantime I also scooped up a PZFTG translite signed by Charlie from Joe at PinballSTAR so yeah, we're on fleek over here.

I'm still sad PZFBTG art won't see the light of day... Replaced by even cooler art on RZ !

#4803 7 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

Wish the volume was set louder at the show. Had to put my ear almost against the speaker to hear the music, or anything else for that matter, while someone else was playing That's the only time I'll get to play it before it's delivered too. One of the main features of this pin is RZ's music in it. Really took away from the machine not being able to hear it. Gameplay is like AMH, fast and fun.

We fixed that Saturday thanks to Michael Pupo at Flipper Fidelity who came by our booth and adjust settings so it was louder.

4 months later
#6281 7 years ago

We are hopefully going to draw our winner of a AMH and NIB RZ this weekend in York - We are at 100 tickets sold for our raffle and need to get to 125 - WHO WANTS A SPOOKY GAME ???

Just need to send $ 200 to [email protected] for your entry !

Thread is here for info :
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstars-pintastic-amh-and-rob-zombie-raffle-now-live

3 weeks later
#6484 7 years ago

Charlie gave PinballSTAR a field trip job today to Rob Zombie's house to set up Rob's personal game. Details and more pictures here for those interested :

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstars-epic-pinball-road-trip

IMG_2238 (resized).JPGIMG_2238 (resized).JPG

IMG_2242 (resized).JPGIMG_2242 (resized).JPG

6 months later
#8298 6 years ago

Spooky Distributor PinballSTAR Amusements has a few NIB RZs left to sell :
(1) LE
(2) maybe (3) Standards...

Email Joe at [email protected] for our full price list and with any questions.
Free delivery to ReplayFX in July available.

1 month later
#8811 6 years ago

PinballSTAR Amusements is a Spooky distributor and we have a Rob Zombie LE and a Rob Zombie Standard - both NIB available if anyone is interested... AND we'll have a RZ open and available for play at ReplayFX in Pittsburgh in our booth too !

We are compiling a list of people interested in Total Nuclear Annihilation and Alice Cooper - no money needed, just an interested list so you get the latest info from us when it is available and when games can be ordered.

Email Joe at [email protected]

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
Other
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=pinballstar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.