Topic Stats

• 10,540 posts
  • 603 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by davijc02
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,194 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ADE83A81-A076-486A-BB15-D149DE1BD5C7 (resized).jpeg
50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (3 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (3 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (3 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (3 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (2 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#112 4 years ago

Physical ball locks are old-school?

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They are when combined with no autoplunger. So you only get multiball from actual locks, and there's no ball save. What was the last game to do that? White Water?
Modern multiball tends to be pretty different, for better or for worse. Old school doesn't = bad, just an older way of doing things.

Ah, gotcha. So, steal the other person's balls, no ball save, no autoplunge. Yeah, i prefer the modern way, but with actual physical ball locks too.

#355 4 years ago

LEs always cause problems...what happened to one version the best it can be? Free instant money I guess.

#560 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

All this talk of 300 games is boring. It's a limited edition, it's not gonna change because you think you know better than Charlie, just let it go. Find something else to talk about. Like what the art might look like! What about Pinball Zombies *did* you like? Chuck wants a game with some wicked randomness if you miss a show, the ball is wild. If the rest of the layout works that's not a bad thing!
5d75bbe9ab8d6fffb8b012cc99903c54.jpg tumblr_moeclk4M871rg9i0ho3_1280.jpg

Thats my problem with the game...if it's pinball zombie's layout I'm out. Do not dig that layout at all. If it's tweaked I'm afraid that won't be enough. If it's a new layout, we'll see...anxious to see this game!

#566 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's not a new layout. It's a tweaked Pinball Zombies. I'm waiting to see how it plays, but don't expect something different from that, because that's what it is.

I guess nothing to do but wait and see.

#578 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Take a look at the Archer pinball thread.

Huh? Going to find that thread!

2 weeks later
#863 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Good points. Although, I think Charlie himself noted that when they announced AMH they had tons of interest but when they actually started manufacturing the games they only sold one in the first week? So some times the "interest" can be misleading although in the case of RZ I don't think they'll have any trouble selling 300.

I dunno...really depends on layout IMO.

3 weeks later
#920 4 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Ok, I guess that does make sense and this is indeed coding quality. Still, any examples of a game with bad coding and one with exceptionally good coding, in that regard?

I'd say good coding has balance in scoring and using all of the playfield and features. A game that is all about 1 multiball or exploit for points is coded poorly IMO. Flintstones is a good example of this...that game (points-wise) is about playing the multiball well. Everything else is peanuts in comparison.

1 month later
#1061 4 years ago
Quoted from RavenBlackthorn:

RobZ.jpg
Cabinet art?

Quick, somebody zoom and "enhance"!

1 week later
#1205 4 years ago

So far so good!

#1237 4 years ago

Imagine if pinside was around when DM was released. That art package would have been ripped to shreds...especially the translight!

1 month later
#1483 4 years ago

2 weeks later
#1644 4 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

The pic above says "Use for Video Modes" right above instruction card placeholder.

Am I the only one that is disappointed by reading that? I hope you can turn them off.

#1721 4 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If you haven't been confirmed to be in the first 300 then tomorrow will not be your day :/

#1873 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Art looks great. Everything else...I don't know. Jury is definitely still out, but my first impression isn't great.

Agree...cab art is awesome, translight art is awesome, play field art I'm not so sure yet, layout I'm not so sure yet, color DMD is great, and who knows on code.

#2007 4 years ago

Oh, I did get the e-mail!!! N

Still lukewarm on the layout and pf art, wish we could see gameplay like Aurich said. Cab art and translight are masterpieces. I'll give KT a break and wait a few days before responding.

#2204 4 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

I don't know if this has been answered yet as I didn't have time to read whole thread but is there any difference from the LE to the standard in gameplay? Or is the only difference in the translite and cab art?

No gameplay difference.

#2291 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I feel like I'm the only person on the list waiting to see the gameplay before deciding.
I'm really torn here.
When Charlie and I first talked about this game we really weren't seeing eye to eye on it. Later he admitted that I was right about some things. Charlie, I want to say the same thing back to you, I've been getting tired of fan layouts, I've been buying 1980/81 Ballys, and really getting into the more random games, the more brutal ones. I get what you're saying. You came a little my way, I've come a little yours, maybe we're closer than we thought.
Flying out to Wisconsin next week isn't happening, but I wish I was close enough to play it.
Some people might remember my old thread where I pitched a Rob Zombie game. I even called it Rob Zombie's Spookhouse. I wanted Rob and Sherri to be the narrators of a horror game, with his music behind it. I mean, aside from building it my damn self could I have asked for a closer take on it than what Spooky did?
I'm not hesitating because of pre-order drama or anything, Spooky has proven they can get the job done. Your money is safe with them, utterly confident of that.
And yet somehow I'm just not all in here.
And it comes down to the art, which I care about a lot.
The cabinet looks great. It's like Rob Zombie meets Warhammer 40k. Love that there's no lettering on it too, I don't need that. The Bally games that I love with bad ass stencils don't have it either. Mystic is one of my favorite cabinets of all time. 3 colors, no words.
The translite is tougher. And it's because the LE one is so superior to the standard. It matches the cabinet better, it's got better colors, composition, action, theme, everything. I'm on the list, but not for the LE, and after seeing it I kinda hate to settle. That's life, tough cookie, but I have to admit it's hard to shake. And part of that is the playfield, and that second translite.
Because the playfield is just not there for me. To be blunt, it's really heartbreaking how much I can't get into it. And I think about how much time must have been spent doing two translites, for only 300 games, and then I see the playfield and it depresses me.
I've seriously been in a kind of shitty mood since 9am yesterday, because it's just disappointed me so much. It's like all this amazing effort went into all the parts of the game except what matters to me the most. The plastics feel like an afterthought. I kind of can't believe Rob approved them, he's a graphic designer. The inserts don't work for me, the whole thing just doesn't feel anything like the rest of the amazing work.
Anyways, I don't want to get all negative here. But it's kinda bumming me out, and right now I just don't know that I'll stay in. Will take the weekend to mull it over, and hopefully watching the gameplay video will give me some kind of closure one way or another. Gameplay is important! But for me it's all important.

I feel the same...except I'm ok with the regular translight. It's the playfield art that has really killed it for me. It just doesn't work. Plastics too, they are just not up to snuff. I'll wait until the gameplay vid to decide, but that playfield is almost an instant deathblow.

#2638 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Playfield art should be designed directly for the playfield. It should work with the features (inserts, scoops, pops, etc) cohesively, not just be a picture pasted on wood with stuff bolted into it. The original PF art may not be the most exciting, but at least it's designed to BE the playfield. Adjusting the color or detail of the image doesn't fix the fact that it's just a picture that wasn't meant to be a PF.

It wasn't meant to be literal...you obviously rework the art a bit to make it work. You maybe even rework the inserts to make them fit the art like someone suggested with the inserts parts of the dragula. I dunno...it looks no less cohesive than the original IMO, but at least it has life and isn't so empty.

#2909 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

1000 hits is a f**k of a lot of hits. You won't get the bumper cage hits on this game either.
If there was a spinner (or two) you could rip it for 15-25 hits towards the 1000, it'd make a huge difference.
It's gonna take a long time of play to get 1000 switch hits as it is now. My guess is most people will have to replay the mode heaps of times to get 1000 hits. Which may well be what Charlie is aiming for. Only The Shadow errrr Charlie knowwwwwwws
rd

But it has also been said you can 2x or 3x the switches, so in theory it could only take 334ish switch hits.

#3008 4 years ago

Well, I'm officially out. The playfield and plastics art as well as the layout (upper pf specifically was a big part) just isn't for me. I wasn't all in on the theme either to be honest and I don't flip just to flip. So one more person can get in now. Good luck! I'll probably be happier putting the dough towards Alien, JJP3, or an upcoming Stern.

#3097 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hi, is this the talk about me thread, or did I take a wrong turn? Click the ignore button and move on with your life, it will improve.
robzombiepinball.jpg

Man, that is great art there...what could have been.

2 weeks later
#3649 4 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

The LE backglass artwork sure would have made an amazing playfield and plastics set.
RZ-fantasy-playfield_(resized).jpg

I probably would have stayed in if the pf art went that direction. Looks pretty good.

#3664 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Spooky is going to sell a ton of both versions!

Well, 300 total to be exact.

#3674 4 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Hard to tell with that comparison. The left image looks washed out while the right photoshopped image has vibrant color.

Nope. That's how it looks. Washed out. The hair (or tree branches) is blurry for some reason too.

4 months later
#5149 3 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

This topper looks badass on my machine....
Available now from Laseriffic.com

Do that topper blood red and that's a winner!

3 months later
#6013 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

i'm curious, what could Spooky have done differently, that would have impressed you?

For me, I don't like the layout or pf art. Both of them missed the mark big time for me. Maybe the next Spooky game will work for me. No biggie.

4 months later
#7101 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Stage 1.75 complete:
-PDI glass
-mirror blades added
-my own take on instr cards
-five spotlights added
-laseriffic flame (AC/DC) flipper toppers
-much better GI from comet sunlight opmax
-orange flasher domes
-red mini flipper rubber
This adds up to a dramatically better looking/lit game imo.

Holy grape juice!!!

1 month later
#7373 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Here is how I eliminated air balls from my center target. Removed the foam and put a black post rubber on the back of the target. Had to adjust the switch a bit but it pretty much eliminated all the airballs I was getting.

Why is your drop target so twisted in the slot?

2 weeks later
#7551 3 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Are the hi-scores limited to 3-chars like JJP or can they be set to 10-char like Stern?

FYI: JJP does not just limit to 3 characters for high score. Like Stern, length is a setting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chattanooga, TN
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
4,799 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Los Angeles, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside